1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

457 posts in this topic match your search for posts by captainneo. You are on page 1 of 2.
#37 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I'll be at MGC. I'll be helping move games in and other stuff. Will either bring TFLE or TSPP.

NIce. I was thinking of TFLE, but I may bring my freshly restored Atlantis or Miss World again.

#205 11 years ago

165 new posts since the last time I was here? Where the hell are you guys when I was trying to start a local pinball league here? Since there seems to be a ton of us now. How many here want to do a SE WI pinball league? Get together once a month, do random gamerooms the whole 9 yards. Keep league stats, maybe have a passable Trophy for the point leader of the season. What do you think?

1 month later
#513 11 years ago

i've just come to the conclusion, that Wi/MN people are a bunch of socialites. We all have high Karma social ratings. I thought I was just the one that was long winded, but going down the list looks like everyone will give me a run for the money on the talking aspect. No wonder we never get anything accomplished during pinball events. To busy shooting the shit.

#515 11 years ago

both upper and lower? Sounds good. Bring it along. Something like that I can squeeze through the system fairly fast for you.

#517 11 years ago

well if your bringing it to waunakee tourney on sat., I probably can have it done by MGC.

#528 11 years ago

I don't know about Cliquey, but we sure the hell are chatty.

1 week later
#645 11 years ago
Quoted from ThePostmaster:

You'll have to witness my style of play at MGC. It's the hit every post in the game, and miss as many shots as possible. It keeps the competition guessing.

You know there arn't any point switches in the rubber posts or blue blocks right. Those arn't there for scoring purposes.

#650 11 years ago

If you want to see the new TF code in the LE, More than welcome to come over today.

1 week later
#738 11 years ago

I told 4 people about it this past week who didn't know about it and are now going and taking the family. Lots don't know it even exists.

#745 11 years ago

It was great talking with all you guys this weekend. In person that talk is just as abundant as on here. I think the only game I played that wasn't a tournament game was some WOZ and mystery Castle. Other than that, it was nonstop talking.

#753 11 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

I'm with you. More talk than play. I think Eric and I got more games in on his Tron Friday night and in the AM before the show opened than the rest of the time we were there. Seeing your beautiful example is one reason I would love to own one.
Neo. Your Atlantis was amazing. Thanks for bringing it and taking the time to walk through the rules and explaining more about the machine. Now I want one.
Did everyone meet Tony (tonymiddendorf). To refresh your memory and his; he was walking around with the 4litre jug of RED wine on Saturday. Also important to note at the end of the night his white Tshirt was still white and spotless. Now that's a "Pro".
Best year yet. Stay safe this year so we can see you all again next year.
Chris

Thanks for the compliment on Atlantis. We met Tony when he could barely stand and again the next day when we got to reintroduce ourselves for the first time again. He was actually in good shape which is shocking from the night before. Good times.

4 weeks later
#938 10 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

FS: Goldeneye, WPT, and W?D in MN, I'll post a FS thread later on today. PM me w/ questions.
You heard it here first!

Goldeneye for sale. There's one you don't see often. Wish I could play one that was running good. Usually they run like ass. But I only used to see them at Super Auctions.

#956 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

It's def a good system 11. I think Atlantis will give it a run for its money but that's because Neo's was so amazing at MGC.
Chris

That is true. Tho I do like ES. Had one but was too similar feeling to TZ, FH and TAF, so it had to go. Atlantis is more fun and so is Swords of Fury if your talking system 11's. Tho, Atlantis is a frankenstein system 11.

#969 10 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Avengers is haunting me. I want one so bad I am having bad thoughts again. Seriously considering trying to trade CV for an LE or maybe STTNG for a pro. I love both games, but have had them both a long time and they don't get the blood pumping like they used to. I think I'd have to have an LE though...I'm spoiled by Wolverine now. And STTNG has a theme that won't let me let it go (right?). Then again if someone would actually trade an Avengers/Hulk LE for STTNG it would probably be a done deal. Did I just say that?
The big 6-for-1 trade I did to get my Wolverine awhile back turned out great, even though I got rid of a lot of games I really loved. So this should be the same, right? Right now my Wolverine has really pushed everything else in the collection aside, so maybe an Avengers by its side would rule the world! Ahh...I shouldn't be thinking this. Talk me down guys, talk me down. I love these games...so I must keep them. Right? RIGHT? AHH!
It wouldn't stop there though...I know it wouldn't. I already am lusting after Metallica too. And I know Star Trek will make me want to do something stupid to get it. It's never ending. Damn I hate this hobby...it's a sickness!
(So anyone got an Avengers they would trade? LOL!)

If I had an Avengers i'd be driving it over to your house right now for that trade.

#975 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Having these 2 side by side is a must do Jedi!

For a bon fire? That's the only reason i'd put those 2 close together in the same proximity. both I feel are terrible games. Might not be Xfiles or SF2 terrible, but terrible nevertheless.

But i'd move that LOTR out of the way before lighting the match, because I wouldn't want to see that get hurt, or the TZ. It's kind of like you have a shit sandwich going there, but with high end pieces of bread.

#977 10 years ago

Then you don't know me very well. Everything I like rocks and everything I hate sucks donkey balls. It's just the way the system works. Everything in between is just neutral.

I'm mainly just giving you shit tho. I don't really hate avengers, but I don't like it either. It's a low neutral. I was neutral to Xmen until I owned it. Then I hated it the more I played it. But it's still not in the Xfiles, FT, SF2 category yet.

#985 10 years ago

Well, obviously it was a joke and we wouldn't burn any of them. Not when you can always sell it for a good game. Xfiles is the only game that I didn't want to finish after the 1st ball. I did play it again at the MPE to see if maybe it has improved in the past 5 years. It had not. What a raving piece of shit Xfiles is.

#993 10 years ago

Centerflank has talked to me in person many times, he knows i'm just messing with him.

#1004 10 years ago

wish this was for sale next year. I don't have the room right now to get it back.

#1007 10 years ago

that shouldn't be hard. I'm sure there are plenty that would trade 2 or 3 games for a LOTR.

#1030 10 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Alright, I gotta price police myself on this one. I was being way too optimistic at $7.5k. Let's say $7k OBO which I think is more realistic. That puts it a bit under the Boston Pinball ebay year to date average, so that's a good starting point. Still would most like to find an Avengers LE. Pictures are uploading now and I'll be placing an ad on the marketplace and main forum soon.

Don't you tempt me on this one. You hold at your $7.5k price point, I don't want you dropping in my price range.

#1131 10 years ago

well if anyone wants to come and play anything I have, just send me a PM. I'm always around. SOF is getting taken apart and restored this Friday. I have a friend that wants some experience taking a playfield apart and back together, so figured my SOF was a good candidate, since it's one I wanted to do for awhile now.

#1135 10 years ago

yup same one. Btw, I didn't add color changing abilities to Atlantis. That's the way it is. But in the normal version, everything is Red. I changed it to LED blue which accents the look and feel of the game better I think. Same with the conversion of blue bumper caps instead of red.

#1159 10 years ago

Hopefully you can make it over soon. Things will be better.

#1164 10 years ago

I do the playfields, sometimes cabinet touchups, but I don't have the room to do a lot of them, so it depends on how much the cabinet needs.

As for CV's. Send them all over here. I won't complain one bit. The more the merrier. Would be 1000X's better than having a bunch of empty playfields (AKA AFM).

#1214 10 years ago

maybe we should do a group trip sometime? All pile into one vehicle and go. All chip in for gas it would be cheap. I can fit 8 in the pin hauler and get 25 mpg.

#1217 10 years ago

yea, would be a full day. Those of us down here in the bottom corner. Milwaukee, racine, kenosha, can all arrange to meet somewhere, then the madison group can meet up and so on, so we only have to do a couple stops and pick up groups. I'd be in for it.

#1219 10 years ago

either of those days work for me. Doesn't Lloyd have a circus coming up soon? Maybe we should just do it then?

#1222 10 years ago

well that shoots that one. How many games you have there when it's not a Circus?

#1236 10 years ago

yea but if it was a Wi plate that Said IOWA, it would probably say IOWAD

#1244 10 years ago

lets confirm a weekend that works the best for most and make a list. See where that takes us.

#1246 10 years ago

ok, everyone state the weekend saturday that works for you. We will do a running total and majority rules. For me either weekend works, so i'll go with the majority.

#1254 10 years ago

because it's a long drive. Most don't want to have to do the drive and way cheaper on gas if we go as a big group.

#1272 10 years ago

i'd vote for congo as well. Especially if the other 2 choices are Slugfest or Shit Tales.

#1300 10 years ago

nice score on the SOF. I love mine. Actually mines being restored as of right now. Playfield is already out, touchedup and clearcoated and getting put together this week.

#1304 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Who is doing all that work?

A friend of mine, who wanted to learn how to take playfields apart and put them back together. Since He has it apart, I decided to do a quick restore on the playfields, since it's something I've always wanted to do on this game. Couldn't spend to much time on it, but mine didn't need many touchups. 3 days and it was done, ready for reassembly.

#1321 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

When I first got mine. My wife went down into the Basement at 2am and shut the breaker off to my game room. She came up and said if you dont stop now we wont have Sex again for 6 months lol.

the gameroom isn't in the bedroom anymore?

#1330 10 years ago

man that's a sweet ass gameroom setup you have there. Spaced out great, and lots of move around space. Very sweet.

2 weeks later
#1389 10 years ago

5 hours? thought you were closer than that to me?

#1397 10 years ago

probably not because we all assume that's what's going to happen. Can't be mad about the inevitable.

#1411 10 years ago

if you guys havn't seen. I'm getting a league going for SE WI, and mid area. looks like we are going to go with 20 people max so anyone around here that wants in, let me know and PM me, list is going.

5 months later
#3080 10 years ago

says there has been 1400 new posts since i've been in here. That's all I wanted to say. Didn't want to miss out.

#3127 10 years ago

they don't even have 50k games total through the years. Only if you include the 70's and 80's games.

#3174 10 years ago

I can fit 4 in a caravan. I'll take the Jolly park and 3 zaccarias please.

#3176 10 years ago

I don't do apps. I use my phone for phone calls only. (with occasional text). I hate touch screen phones with a passion. When I had one, it was the worst year of using a phone i've ever experienced and refuse to get one ever again. (forced to have one for work but use it as little as possible.

Plus I have a virtual pin, so I can DL all the zaccarias I want. (most need to be redone).

#3185 10 years ago

I'll just buy out the blackberry styles now when they go on clearance. Just use it for eternity.

#3191 10 years ago
Quoted from animesuperj:

Not sure, all he said was it was the "80s one"; and to come get it. I called about an hour and a half after it was posted, and yeah, full mailbox. I'm assuming he got slammed, if it was a real ad.

yea, that was me, I just picked it up about 6 hours ago. turned out to be an Empire Strikes Back. What a turd of a player it is. I'm currently converting it into another Virtual pin. Should kick ass.

#3193 10 years ago

well since there is only 400 made and most are not in the US. You probably won't see one unless it's at a show.

#3195 10 years ago

btw, I was kidding about the pin. I didn't get shit. And if it was an ESB, I sure the hell wouldn't part it out. I would restore it and sell it for something fun.

#3204 10 years ago

He just got you that, so you would do some posing in it, and eventually get to the George Costanza shot.

george_costanza015.jpggeorge_costanza015.jpg
#3227 10 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Happy Birthday to me. Pinbot was my bitch today.

image.jpg 166 KB

very nice. Lyman has done this to my SOF, every time I bring it to a show. And does it for all 4 names, so i have no choice but to reset the HSTD. I have never done it. but I do have the rules set to extra hard.

1 week later
#3268 10 years ago

I see mylar on yours. I can see the line in the gate from here. Stargate is one of the top 8's of all time.

2 months later
#3768 10 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Anyone have a Haunted House for sale in the area? Not looking for CQ quality (or price), but a nice player or even project considered. Been thinking a lot about Taxi lately too if there are any around. Or maybe a No Fear depending on price...
Doctor Who or RFM would be great too, but would have to be on the lower side of the price range.
Let me know!
Thanks,
Chris

I know someone that is fairly local that would part with his.

#3779 10 years ago

adult choices? This sounds serious. If you have to move and sell off all your pins, I want dibs on GNR and Sopranos. Oh and the bubble hockey.

#3781 10 years ago

you stay in your middle of the state, and i'll keep the SE corner contained. I think we will just race and see who arrives first. I'd have everything broken down and hauled home, set back up, and leveled, before you even made it halfway here.

#3790 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

So long as you are paying "Neo is selling prices" that is cool. Chris is a good guy and deserves top dollar.
If he is selling at Neo "price check" prices then it only seems appropriate that the games go to the less fortunate like myself.
deal?

Please, I know what you find games at and buy at as well. We both live in the same region and we both know what reasonable is. It's not like we live in CA or NY and wipe our asses with $100's. I just paid $2600 for Pinball magic. You think I underpaid for that?

#3792 10 years ago

if your ever in town long enough. You can come over anytime. You live like 10 min away. maybe 15.

#3802 10 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

You two need to make some sweet, sweet man-love and get it over with.

Twice in one week? how much do you think his butt can take?

#3822 10 years ago

Ken was obsessed with me yesterday. Seems he had about 80 pictures of me.

#3825 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

You were there?? Are you sure? If this is true I might have to create a thread just for you. I'll look through the pics tonight and see if you're in any.

Sounds like the greatest thread ever made by man.

#3841 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Youa re doing it wrong. Supposed ot get the co-workers to sell you their old games form the basement, nit be more competition to buy up the few good games already on the market

It's not really competition since they only want a shit tales. More out of the collectors market, the better.

#3846 10 years ago

I'm sure anyone will part with their LOTR if you throw enough cash around. mines not for sale anymore, but you throw a big enough stack of cash in front of me, it's going out the door.

1 year later
#7562 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Anyone traveling from the Minneapolis area to Madison area in the near future? I've got an EM up there that could use a lift.

i will be going to Minneapolis sometime in the next couple of weeks and heading through madison. Not sure officially when yet tho.

#7564 8 years ago

i'll let you know when I find out I can go to MN to get mine. The owner is only in town certain times, so I have to work with his schedule.

1 week later
#7581 8 years ago

love the pinball zombies translite. I'll trade you a WOOLY translite for one.

2 weeks later
#7647 8 years ago

I have a really nice roadshow I just got. Would be willing to trade for indy 500 or open to other offers. Trades open. maybe RS + cash for MET pro.

#7665 8 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

We talked to multiple different vendors actually and got similar rates of like to dislike.
Again, wait until the info gets out for vendors. I think we found a solution that will make everyone happy. And, to he completely fair, our vendor rates are significantly cheaper than almost any similar sized event that we've ever seen. We try to keep things as reasonable as possible so if there is something that doesn't go perfectly, it's still a great deal.

I think the biggest issue with the band is not being able to hear people when you are trying to talk. Getting over by the booths right by the band. It was very difficult to work out negotiations. if u can figure out a way to minimize the sound level. I think it would be a win for everyone.

#7681 8 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

AFM is one I have always wanted to get some more time on. I enjoy it when I do get to play it.
I was told I had a Flintstones, but unsure until I dig around on the condition. I think it was acquired during one of my lost weekend buying sprees a year ago.

if you have had a MM, you already owned a AFM. Except AFM's toy isn't as cool so it gets old even faster.

#7682 8 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

(SM, SS, JD, JY, FS, even more).

Spiderman
Scared Stiff
Judge Dread
Junk Yard
For Sale :p

#7696 8 years ago
Quoted from Mousin:

I decided to make an account. most of you know me from twisted flippers league and/or shows and tournaments.

Stephanie

about time.

#7702 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Someone buy this for me please.
ebay.com link » Rare Basketball Pinball Machine By Data East Red Model One Of Seven Units Made

you would think that if you want 25k for something, you would have an assload of pictures with it. including massive amounts of playfield pics.

#7724 8 years ago

you only have so much control with bands. Being a band manager for a long time, the guys usually turn down the amps during sound check, then slowly keep increase their volumes as they play. The drums only go so low, and everyone else will have to be at that level. But it seems every musician wants to be in front, so they drown each other out. You only have control of the monitors and the mics that are in front of the amps. But the amps alone are enough to drown out the place if they want.

1 week later
#7750 8 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Weird..... I had a dream where that Waterworld pin flew out of the back of my van on I94 on the way back from Expo. Congrats on finally getting your WW. Looks like it will clean up nicely. Glad Chris was able to grab it for you, and we were able to get it back to his place. Having that in the back of my van kept Chris from buying yet another pin he doesn't have room for

Wish I had a reason not to buy pins I don't have room for. I ended up buying 2 games from expo. I was out of room 13 pins ago.

#7761 8 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Why would anybody buy pinballs that they don't have room for?
Seems odd, doesn't it?

because I have friends that still have room. Plus, i'm working on getting a bigger house (for past 3 years). Once that happens, I can bring all my babies home. If I didn't have the plan to expand the gameroom, I would not be collecting more than I can hold.

#7765 8 years ago

it's DE. That's as close to system 11 as you can get without actually being one.

1 week later
#7804 8 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

Played the first game in awhile, new guy seemed intrigued.
IMG_6027.JPG IMG_6026.JPG

he looks about the same way I do when i'm playing FT.

#7807 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

How's that?
Confused and wondering where the boobs are?

Hey, I can paint tits on those fish if needed.

#7811 8 years ago

don't worry. I would not fret FT because of that. I can put tits on anything. You could have alien poker with tits. Indy 500. Congo. You name it, it can be done.

#7813 8 years ago

FT leaves and hook stays. Nice. Good choices. I prefer hook over FT any day.

#7815 8 years ago

because it's a great layout and an awesome looking game. The rules are lacking, but for the casual player. They don't care.

#7824 8 years ago

yes, please put them side by side so I can play each one with one hand at the same time.

#7837 8 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

It seems to be more of an all or nothing game than others though.
I'm in the hate it club. Probably my least favorite DMD era machine, and yes - I mean I'd play X-files (*shudder*) before it.

Xfiles? How dare you. FT > Xfiles. FT I can stand playing. Xfiles is torture to have to play all 3 balls. Same can be said for SF2. Horrible DMD's.

#7851 8 years ago
Quoted from BillPinball:

LOL Thanks Neo
That Police Force playfield signed by Python you restored for us is amazing
Thanks again for the great work!

you know what's funny about that. Is that ND arn't the only ones that talk like that. I had relatives from here, that talked exactly like that.

#7854 8 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I can't stand Fish Tales. I seriously walk away after a ball or two. I forced myself to play one a while ago, and I played three games on it and I just couldn't stand it. Have really tried to give it a fair shake.
X-files is horrible, but I can get through it a bit more.
SF2 I actually own one of those, so...
Never said I was normal.

WTF, why can't I thumbs up this shit? You are going to have to settle for a happy face.

#7856 8 years ago

Now I want to thumbs down the new thumbs up location.

1 week later
#7866 8 years ago

really? That's pretty sweet. I don't know where that is, but I need to learn. Is it on cleveland ave I take it? Near moorland or closer to hwy 100?

#7868 8 years ago

I like the direction the rules are going. Very video game like. The pro is very very stripped down compared to the premium. It plays smooth, but feels very cheap.

1 week later
#7897 8 years ago

Anyone local interested in a space invaders? Cabinet is nice. Backglasses are absolutely perfect. Got it to boot once. Needs a new MPU board or someone that wants to fix the acid along the bottom. Everything was working mechanically the one time I got it to boot. Power switch is flaky too. $800 OBO. If it doesn't sell, I'll buy the alltek and throw it in and shop it out sell it for $1300. If you already have SI. Would be a great game to combine with another to make a really minty one. Open for trades as well.

SI_machine_before_009.jpgSI_machine_before_009.jpg

SI_machine_before_008.jpgSI_machine_before_008.jpg

SI_machine_before_006.jpgSI_machine_before_006.jpg

SI_machine_before_010.jpgSI_machine_before_010.jpg

SI_machine_before_011.jpgSI_machine_before_011.jpg

SI_machine_before_003.jpgSI_machine_before_003.jpg

SI_machine_before_013.jpgSI_machine_before_013.jpg

SI_machine_before_005.jpgSI_machine_before_005.jpg

#7899 8 years ago

actually there are games I hate worse than FT. I hate AFM more than FT. But neither of them I think are the worst DMD's ever. Not like Xfiles and SF2. Rolling stones (stern) is down there as well.

#7903 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Where is Waterworld ranked on your list?

higher than all 4 of the previously mentioned.

#7912 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

hahaha. It actually is a poor mans MM, imo. I'm going to start the Waterworld revolution. Get the price jacked up

waterworlds layout is pretty damn good. Kinda like Hook. Great layout and look, shitty rules. If they could recode gottliebs like they are doing for DE. Many of these system 3's that don't get any love would be very sought after.

#7914 8 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

yes, but that is not really pinball related, unless you count the fact that between the ring and the ceremony i could have purchased a couple more machines.

ouch. couple machines like EM early SS or a couple of NIB?

#7926 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I'm engaged as well. The wedding is f'ing nuts. Try a few nib and add a remake for fun. And people tell me that's cheap...wtf. Fiancée doesn't like when I bring up prices of wedding vs pinball
Congrats Kingpin!

well my wedding cost the same as 2 sheet of playfield glass from PBL and a tank a gas.

#7928 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

What a romantic.

Hell yes. Well, it's like this. What's better? Spending a shit ton of money on a one day party. or taking that money and put it towards your house that you will be starting your life with. So you can either start your new life together with a big debt, or with a nice chunk of your house paid off. She was just happy I even agreed to get married. That was an accomplishment in itself.

#7994 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

rmn.craigslist.org link

and the playfield isn't blown out. That is surprising.

#8007 8 years ago

actually Atlantis and truck stop were during the merger. They actually use the same transformer, which are the ONLY 2 games that use that transformer. I'd love to play one.

#8016 8 years ago

I wouldn't say $1000 DMDs are that rare. You still can have your pick of SF2's for $600-700. Still people buying them for that price.

#8018 8 years ago

I try to pretend I don't see SF2's whenever possible. It's kind of like EP1, 2 and 3. I just pretend they don't exist. But friends have been finding them for $600 recently. I've had around 10 chances over the past couple of years to buy them. I just laugh, because it would be waste of $600. The next one that someone tries to get me to buy, i'll see if I can snag it for you. But I refuse to pay over $400 for one and even that would be waste. Horrible horrible game. easily tied for the worst DMD ever............EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

#8020 8 years ago

I'd have a whole row of WOF over having to put up with one SF2.

Btw, the other shitfest DMD is X-files. Just in case anyone was wondering, what other game they should lift the playfield up, fill with cat litter, and let the cats go to town on.

#8023 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Hahahaha. Really?! I'll have to play sf2 again. Wof I lost on in a tourney at pin circus. Put a bad taste in my fingers
Haven't tried a xfiles yet, but 24 and Viper Night Driving weren't as good as I thought they'd be, when I tried at Mgc :/

don't tell Dan. VND is his favorite game. It's not bad if you can hear it and you play it with the rules set a certain way. 24 looks great, and you think it would be really complex with the shit ton of inserts it has, But the code was never really finished. could have been a really good game, and really fell short.

#8029 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinder:

Come on, X-files isn't that bad! SF2 does suck though, agreed.

it is horrible beyond belief. It's the only time I played a game on location. PAID for my game, and still wanted to walk away after ball 2. The only reason I didn't fall asleep, is because a bulb came loose and started rolling around on the playfield. I had more fun shooting at that, and trying to get it lodged into something, than I did playing the actual game.

#8032 8 years ago

you sure that's 11' ? I have the exact same one, and mines 14' from back of the cabinet to the front.

does the one to the left of it have flash on it?

#8036 8 years ago
Quoted from Hoopjohn:

Definitely an 11' ball bowler. As is the one to the left. Both 1957 models. United didn't have flash on there ball bowlers until 1961.
Spent the day doing cleanup & minor issues on the (new to me) bowler, a 16' United Coronado 1967, that according to the seller, sat in this parents basement for 40 years. Only issue I've found so far is 3 of the Jones plugs need attention. One has a male end that fell off at my touch, one has a wire thats not connected, and the worst has a broken off bakelite end with a wire that should be connected to the broken off piece.
Other than the Jones plug/bakelite issues, its cleaning up surprisingly well. Went through 3 rolls of paper towels and lots of mean green.

well, shit, now I have to go down stairs and measure mine again.

#8038 8 years ago

ok, just measured it. And it came out to 10"

and the bowler came out to 14' from the back of the head. It's exactly the same model as yours. 1956 Team bowler. Must have had different size versions of the same model.

#8054 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

So when he pulls it does it just sit in a warehouse if he doesn't really sell things?
Like I said. Lots of props for putting an LE on route. I don't care how much play it gets at a 1.00 a game that takes a lot of games to recoup your costs.

at least 7400 plays. Which really doesn't take that much. Add more for matches and free games won.

#8058 8 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Wait there...
7400 plays, but then you split with the location, usual is 50 / 50, so that means 14,800 plays. That's assuming no breakdowns and the game never gets serviced.
From what I know of multiple ops that I talk with - I'm always curious about earnings - *in general*, the best route pins make somewhere between $300-$450 / month. Let's say that since this is an LE and a higher cost, it gets double that...
At $600 / month, it would be just over two years for it to break even. At $900, it would be a year and five months.
Add in breakdowns and regular maintenance, and you're out two to three years easy, and that's ONLY considering if it continues to earn at a high rate for all of that time, which is pretty unlikely.
Operating pinball is hard.

yea, I wasn't really thinking about the split. Was thinking more on the guy that puts one in his own business that doesn't have to split. So yea, would take twice as long if not more depending on the split.

the resale market has really helped ops recoup the money that wasn't earned. Back in the day, you pretty much had to throw away machines after they were done being routed. Now, you usually can get around half of what you paid back when you pull it off route. or if you find a sucker, 70% of what you paid. (or if it was routed gently and held up like new)

#8061 8 years ago

most route games for years,. when I say routed games, i'm talking about the games like a LOTR pulled off route after 5 years, with flipper cabinet worn white. That's your typical op blowout game. Which usually sells a lot cheaper if you know what you are doing. unshopped, switches out, half of the GI's burnt out. The typical.

#8085 8 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

C'mon, who doesn't want to make a drive to NE Wisconsin in the middle of December?

december? I thought it was april out there.

2 weeks later
#8142 8 years ago

I wonder if this is the same guy, that sold someone a paragon where they sprayed clear over the entire game. With plastics, rubbers and everything on. clearcoated the entire playfield. Was the single biggest idiot moment i've ever seen.

1 week later
#8174 8 years ago

the porn convention is already? I didn't book yet. SHIT!

#8193 8 years ago

I thought you were talking about GOT premium. Whos got that?

#8198 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Great First Alt Brew Monthly.
THANKS to all that came out

945874_1101248803233126_932478062567953394_n_(resized).jpg

at first glace it looks like chris is wearing flip flops.

2 months later
#8393 8 years ago

Putting 3 games up for sale or trade soon. Can bring to MGC. All games are 100% working and playing great. Displays are all nice and boards are clean. I have more pictures if you want to see more. I really need space, so i'd consider a 3 for 1 trade as well.

Strange science $1200
Escape from the Lost World $1100
Travel Time $600

games_for_trade_024_(resized).jpggames_for_trade_024_(resized).jpg
games_for_trade_026_(resized).jpggames_for_trade_026_(resized).jpg
games_for_trade_025_(resized).jpggames_for_trade_025_(resized).jpg
games_for_trade_001_(resized).jpggames_for_trade_001_(resized).jpg
games_for_trade_002_(resized).jpggames_for_trade_002_(resized).jpg
games_for_trade_013_(resized).jpggames_for_trade_013_(resized).jpg
games_for_trade_018_(resized).jpggames_for_trade_018_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#8422 8 years ago

Strange science, Escape from lost world and Travel time have been spoken for.

#8424 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Congrats NEO. After leaving your house I was really questioning why I didn't offer to buy them.

because your out of space like me.

#8432 8 years ago

it is an awesome area of his house, but you could fit 4 more games in that area if....

#8453 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Heavy equipment has arrived. And work has started. Been a long time organizing but the expansion of SS Billiards is finally underway. Room for 20 more pins to play. New game sales, and mods and merchandise.
It's going to be a great year for pinball !
LTG : )

IMG_1056_(resized).JPGIMG_1055_(resized).JPG

why the hell would they expand in your parking lot? it's not like you have much of a parking lot anyway. Something is fishy.

#8480 8 years ago

The Hobbit Limited Edition at Moosejaw Brew & Pizza, Lake Delton, WI (Wisconsin Dells) installed this morning.
Current lineup
Wizard of Oz
Spiderman Vault Edition
The Hobbit Limited Edition

20160405_104108_(resized).jpg

are those yours at the moosejaw in Wi Dells?

#8501 8 years ago

where the hell can i get an big ass inflatable stay puft? That would be awesome for the top of the house for halloween.

Edit: NVM, found it and already ordered.

#8510 8 years ago

Look whoarrived thisweekend while I was away at MGC.

DSCN1364_(resized).JPGDSCN1364_(resized).JPG

DSCN1366_(resized).JPGDSCN1366_(resized).JPG

#8513 8 years ago

it barely fits in the house. Good thing I have 10ft ceilings.

#8519 8 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I so wanted to go to that Epic Party too. If you can make it Jared, we would love to have you!
Neo, you should make the trip and bring Stay Puft and some other sconnies with you.

i wish I could. I really wanted to make that party anyway, but I cannot. We have league finals on that day

#8533 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

we also have the WI launch party going on that same day so unfortunately I cant make it up either. Woudl love to have taken my Congo and gotten it signed!

yup, and I wanted to attend that party too, and couldn't for the same reason.

#8535 8 years ago

looks like I should be able to make your launch then.

1 week later
#8580 7 years ago

Ernie is looking like he's aging well. The years have been kind.

#8586 7 years ago

bet it was awesome. Wish I could have made it.

#8610 7 years ago
Quoted from Harvs:

Curious if anyone is going to the Michigan pin show in 2 weeks and has room to bring a pin back? I will pay!
PM me if you can help. Thanks

why don't you go? is that MPE or Zoo? I didn't put it on the calendar.

#8612 7 years ago
Quoted from Harvs:

I can..., But I would have to miss my sons soccer tournament (out of town) that entire wkend and I never miss! Anything for pinball tho, right? Ha
http://vfwpinball.com/?p=128

shit, I can't make that one. League finals that weekend.

#8624 7 years ago
Quoted from policano:

Added Metallica Pro led to the lineup today. Elvis has left the building.

MET is a great addition. Looking at those pics one would think you are a NIB sterns snob. but looking at your collection, your well diversed and have a little of everything. Kudos to you!

#8626 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Your kinda become a NIB Stern Snob yourself. How many NIB Stern's have you purchased verse other companies?

well considering I couldn't buy NIB back in the day before there was only one company out, and we do have variety now, but so far there they really go above and beyond my price limit, or are making stuff i have no desire in. But I will tell you this. There is one game being made that is not by Stern, that I will be purchasing under all circumstances.

Besides, I can't be a NIB stern snob. I just bought a Indy 500 and before that, i bought a zankor and a Spooky. I couldn't find them NIB so I had to settle for the first one I ever saw.

1 week later
#8636 7 years ago

normally, i'd be on your ass for even considering selling the lionman. But since chris desperately needs a good system 11. I'll allow it without an ass chewing.

#8646 7 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Just get one with LEDs in it already and then you can blame the previous owner.

yea, but chris will go above and beyond. because he's on a kick about colored bulbs in the GI's. (shudder).

#8650 7 years ago

This is Chris

Chris is putting colored bulbs in his GI's

.... Don't be like Chris.

#8653 7 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Ok, that's it. Next year for twisted flippers finals GIs on all machines will be switched to UV.............good luck!!!!!

Wait, you mean they were not UV now? :/

That's ok, I didn't win shit anyway, so go ahead. I can't get worse.

1 month later
#8697 7 years ago
Quoted from Harvs:

*Edit - No longer needed. Thanks!
Anyone happen to have a widebody lockdown bar in decent condition near Milwaukee? My Roadshow has a custom painted turd of a lockdown bar on it and need to replace asap!

soak it in lacquer thinner and that shit will look like new.

#8704 7 years ago

WTB. Zaccaria Pool champion and Mexico 86. I know there are 2 of them floating around the WI/IL region. Need to track those down.

#8716 7 years ago

Tom contacted me to ask if we were doing it next year. Was working on it.

#8720 7 years ago

My plan was Chris or Jim because of their setup. Much better suited for larger groups. As both have similar setups to Toms. Nice open spaces. Nice running dependable games and setup correctly. But I wanted to talk with some of our regions hosts and get a collective thought process before I make any decisions.

#8725 7 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

I doubt mine are set up correctly considering they all have LED's in them......... BOOOOOOM !!!!!!

nothing wrong with white LED's in the Gi's

#8731 7 years ago

holy crap. We didn't get anything like that down here.

#8756 7 years ago

jake the snake had tan pants and a moustache like Lawrence in Office Space.

officeSpaceLawrence_(resized).JPGofficeSpaceLawrence_(resized).JPG

#8761 7 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Tell the truth.... that second one is your desktop background on your computer.

of course he does, but it's much higher rez. And they arn't wearing bottoms.

1 week later
#8769 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Day 3 of no power..... How well do pins run off a generator
This storm tonight I hope is a tame one. Chainsaw has had a workout

i'd think you would want the fridge plugged in first, and then the central air unit.

#8778 7 years ago

yea, you should have posted that link. Sounds like something to see. Was a it a big sail ship like a big spanish gallon or something?

#8782 7 years ago

yea, I don't think a spanish gallon would have done as well in that situation.

1 week later
#8815 7 years ago

you want your filters to be up high sucking in air and your fans blowing out low at the ground. This causes air to flow from top to bottom. Which you want. Keeps dirt down low and limits contaminates. if you go from low to high, all the dust and dirt from the ground, gets in everything you paint.

#8820 7 years ago

my window is up high too. So what I did was connect a metal vent system tube from the window down to the floor and have it suck the air off the floor.

#8832 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

If anyone is interested.......
otherfor salePlaced 2016-08-08 08:06 (4 days ago)For Sale: Strike Master Shuffle Alley“I have a Williams Strike Master Shuffle Alley for sale. Asking $1000
Game works great. Left side cabinet is faded. Length 9' heigh...” $ 1,000 TomGWI Appleton, WI

that thing actually works? Never seen it on.

#8838 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

we need to leave something not turned on when Neo is around. Have to counter balance things...

I know, because when i'm there, all you guys are turned on.

#8850 7 years ago

I need to borrow a Ghostbuster LE for this weekend. My premium/LE launch party is this sat. Premiums have been pushed back to Sept.

Anyone that loans me the use of their LE, gets free entry into both tournaments and free food. I'd need to pick it up friday and I can drop it back off sunday. I'll even break it down, pick it up and bring it back and set it back up.

#8852 7 years ago

yea, that's what I thought when I pushed it out 2 months the first time.

#8854 7 years ago

good then you can help me put my alien poker back together. It's getting the full treatment.

#8859 7 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Shopping party! What kind of pizza and who's bringing the novus?

not really a shopping party since the playfield is getting a full blown restoration and clearcoat job. No novus needed. Tumbler and ultrasonic for the rest.

#8869 7 years ago

if you could get it for $30 a sheet, i'd be in. Might even go up to $60 a sheet. But that's about all the value it provides.

#8878 7 years ago

hey, I'm in for 24 sheets if you can get the cost down to where the value is.

#8887 7 years ago

in all fairness, the DMD isn't broken. Glass is good. Just a communication issue with talking with pins. Might just need a different chip to talk to pinball machines.

1 week later
#8945 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Agreed! And many of those opinions have little value since the people making the ratings havent played many games, overly rate the ones they own higher, and in general are just junk. So many great games that can be found under 1500.

and most of those opinions are complete bullshit for games many have never even played to give an opinion on. Or compare it to 10 other games they actually played in real life, or because they played it on their I pad.

#8948 7 years ago

I have an Alien poker available as is right now. Complete. no broken plastics, boards look good. No acid damage anywhere on the boards. Very clean. Havn't put it together and tried to boot it yet. Cabinet is very nice. Bright reds, not beat up. Backglass is about a 7, maybe 7.5. Needs to be gone through. Right now it's a project, but not a rough project. Has new rubber on it. If you're interested in it as is. $500 takes it.
https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14192723_10207670864871229_1204450764430487094_n.jpg?oh=58fe866826b9a9f48ceed26a85a4ddd0&oe=583E5A10
https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14292431_10207670865191237_1900134313502710306_n.jpg?oh=67f1fb5c7d8b9be15e0ac021f8ad67e4&oe=587C0D9B
https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14291830_10207670866791277_2962865289377054364_n.jpg?oh=af5e63ac15978c528e0644d7fece4799&oe=584A047C
https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14202666_10207670868351316_8792592789454152118_n.jpg?oh=8134bd16181dbb4a0943b6abac0cfeef&oe=5846A9C2

Added over 8 years ago: alien Poker is sold.

1 week later
#8961 7 years ago

I have another Alien Poker. (yes it's a 3rd one i've aquired). This one is fully working. Someone clearcoated the playfield with varathane (not me). so doesn't have the cupping that most alien pokers have. I'll have pictures shortly. Boards are clean. BG is about an 8. Cabinet is unfaded, boards are super clean, no acid damage. Displays are nice. I'm going to start shopping it out and dialing it in, so should be fresh and ready soon.

Want to trade it for a Cosmic Gunfight, working or non working.

#8967 7 years ago

Here is a video of the Alien Poker I have for trade/sale. Video is easier to show off the game and the gameplay than pics. Plays excellent.

Looking for a cosmic Gunfight (working or not).

#8980 7 years ago

yup, ran smooth and lots of fun. Games seemed to hold up well overall.

2 weeks later
#8998 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Chris S. don't you have a boner for WoF?

the boner was already there. Had nothing to do with WOF.

1 week later
#9038 7 years ago

since there is a lot of good games out. Who needs to make some room and cash, and needs to move out a Cosmic Gunfight?

I have an NOS GNR playfield that is has fresh clearcoat added to it. Looks tits. Will be buffing it out tonight. Going to offer it up for trade + or - cash for CG.

1 week later
#9087 7 years ago

lots of people around by you. Fox city league is in your area.

#9096 7 years ago

i've been out of room for some time. That being said.

I'm still looking for

Cosmic Gunfight
Mexico 86
Clown
Blackbelt (zac version)
Pool champion

#9099 7 years ago

that's ok. Blackbelt is the most common of the 4, they arn't that hard to find. I knew someone that was selling 3 of them. But that was before I decided to get a full collection of Gen 2's. :/

1 month later
#9159 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

You could buy this one:
minneapolis.craigslist.org link
Just ask if $3000 is hidden in the cab.

if it's true HUO, then the price is not ridiculous. True HUO usually go for double or triple what a standard one would be. but with those crappy pictures, it's hard to tell.

#9168 7 years ago

I will have some The Hobbit LE in stock next week. Have one of the best current games in your house before christmas. Message me for price. Moving out stock before the end of the year.
Christopher

you stock TBL?

1 month later
#9348 7 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

Thats great, I bring her right over. Make sure those leg bolts are tight, its about to get wild

looks like we will have to use a gottlieb for this one.

#9355 7 years ago

well that's a big difference. SST is actually a great game. ID4 not so much.

#9377 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

not a fan of shakers for the most part. They shake shit loose and I find them distracting rather than enhancing to the pinball experience.

I second that they shake off nuts and stuff. I don't know why people around here are so ape shit about them. There are only about 5 games ever that a shaker, enchances and used correctly in a game theme. Everything else is just stupid. Like the shaker in LOTR. WTF. Why? I've had it, it was stupid. No business being in there.

2 weeks later
#9434 7 years ago

$400 Williams Triple Strike.

Since I can't find someone that has a backglass they are willing to sell. Maybe someone has a backglass and wants a game to put it in. So here it is. Fully working, great playing, freshly cleaned and shopped Triple strike. Plays great. Everything works. comes with half a backglass. John Greatwich says he can make one if you want one. Pretty clean overall, and nice condition playfield.

IMG_8113 (resized).JPGIMG_8113 (resized).JPG

IMG_8115 (resized).JPGIMG_8115 (resized).JPG

IMG_8112 (resized).JPGIMG_8112 (resized).JPG

IMG_8116 (resized).JPGIMG_8116 (resized).JPG

IMG_8118 (resized).JPGIMG_8118 (resized).JPG

IMG_8117 (resized).JPGIMG_8117 (resized).JPG

IMG_8114 (resized).JPGIMG_8114 (resized).JPG

IMG_8120 (resized).JPGIMG_8120 (resized).JPG

IMG_8119 (resized).JPGIMG_8119 (resized).JPG

IMG_8121 (resized).JPGIMG_8121 (resized).JPG

IMG_8122 (resized).JPGIMG_8122 (resized).JPG

IMG_8124 (resized).JPGIMG_8124 (resized).JPG

IMG_8123 (resized).JPGIMG_8123 (resized).JPG

#9436 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Do you accept Canadian coins?

you know what. I will. If you want to buy it with a bag full of canadian coins. I will go that route.

#9446 7 years ago

$350 on the triple strike if anyone wants it. Plays great.

#9448 7 years ago

I just put my personal Tommy Up for sale. Normally I don't sell things out of my private collection, but I need to build up funds for something that fell in my lap that i've been looking for, for a long time. Those that have been over, know it's damn near mint.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/45415

#9451 7 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Nice looking tommy. I see you installed star post for the slingshots and lane bumpers. I have been working on shopping a tommy for a month or so and have the stars on the slings. How do you like them on the lane bumpers?
FortyTwo

I didn't install those. I think the previous owner did. I prefer the DE harder rubber style. But that's what I was used to.

#9459 7 years ago

slugfest is sold.

I still have a nice fully working triple strike with 50% of a backglass for sale for $300. Not a bad EM and only needs a glass, which John greatwich does make if you need one.

1 week later
#9481 7 years ago

Triple strike I have for sale now has a backglass. $650 Fully working, new rubber.

d539c96c43df2e33b0552c0b7755a83173195a30 (resized).jpgd539c96c43df2e33b0552c0b7755a83173195a30 (resized).jpg

fa66d70817d056e3a0d91980b3fe0a1d2cdcba4a (resized).jpgfa66d70817d056e3a0d91980b3fe0a1d2cdcba4a (resized).jpg

d375001aed910a9758174449e79b53ff826a92bf (resized).jpgd375001aed910a9758174449e79b53ff826a92bf (resized).jpg

IMG_8197 (resized).jpgIMG_8197 (resized).jpg

IMG_8198 (resized).jpgIMG_8198 (resized).jpg

IMG_8200 (resized).jpgIMG_8200 (resized).jpg

b25a60647e90b91503b9d4b274dbb57fa7e70f65 (resized).jpgb25a60647e90b91503b9d4b274dbb57fa7e70f65 (resized).jpg

#9487 7 years ago
Quoted from Barkz:

That Triple Strike looks nice!

it is nice shape all around. backglass isn't the best, but I had to take what I could find. The original backglass was really nice. I have half of that one yet. I'll include that as well.

#9493 7 years ago

the short plunge to lock is the skill shot. it's on the pro I played.

#9500 7 years ago

think it's rough there. Try playing in chicago.

Josh S
Zac S
Roger S
Dave H
Lyman
Josh H
Art
Jason W

and Keith is down there too

1 week later
#9561 7 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

Are you volunteering?

if you are volunteering $1500 when you hand me that field. Sure. I can do it.

1 month later
#9648 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I really hate color bombed GI's....but it looks like they have a lot of nice tables. Will have to try and get there next time we're up in the Twin Cities area.

I agree. Games look in great shape, but those GI's in STTNG are ....horrible....

#9658 6 years ago

what happens when you set something in the pop holes? does it fall into the bar base?

3 weeks later
#9739 6 years ago

that's retail prices. pros are still 4700-4800.

#9745 6 years ago

have you called around? I'm sure chris could hook you up and you could just sell off spiderman.

2 months later
#9950 6 years ago

if anyone wants the CPR, swords of fury printed/mirrored backglass they just made, let me know. I have one for sale. You can have it for the CPR price without having to pay for shipping.

#9957 6 years ago

they are both basically the same game. one has a triple bank for the center, the other has the drawbridge. I would never want both as they are basically copies of each other. Unless you have a ton of space where you can afford 2 footprints of the same game. Add MB to that trifecta as well. Pick the one you like the jokes the best and choose that way.

#9962 6 years ago

1900 dr.who? I dont' think that would fly off the shelf unless it was unfaded.

#9964 6 years ago

that's insane. When the hell did that game shoot up? I've always had a hard time moving them even for $1000-1200. I did get $1500 for one once because it was actually unfaded. Which was the first natural unfaded one i've ever seen.

#9971 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I will take the next one you find for $1500. Calling dibs now

you already owe me a good deal on something. so you first.

1 week later
#10013 6 years ago

Just put Thunderbolt up for sale.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-thunderbolt

DSCN1891 (resized).JPGDSCN1891 (resized).JPG

DSCN1895 (resized).JPGDSCN1895 (resized).JPG

DSCN1893 (resized).JPGDSCN1893 (resized).JPG

DSCN1892 (resized).JPGDSCN1892 (resized).JPG

#10036 6 years ago

if someone is interested in the thunderbolt. I have to head to Minneapolis today. but you have to let me know soon

#10075 6 years ago

I just put my Ninja Gun rifle game up for sale.

Other - For Sale
“I have a very nice Ninja Gun rifle game make in Japan by Kasco. Not many of these were made. Made in the 80's, so it has a combination of SS electronics with EM components as wel...”
2017-08-21
Burlington, WI
Archived after: 0 days
Viewed: 116 times

#10087 6 years ago

Thunderbolt is now up and running and playing. Coils all working good. Displays are nice. couple switches need cleaning/adjusting. Seems to be playing better and better the more games I play. Couple bulbs burnt out here and there. Installed new fuse holders and did some tweeking and now it's playing. Price $800.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-thunderbolt

#10101 6 years ago

there is a ton of MET pros that have been showing up for sale. I see them all the time on here ranging from 4500-5500. All over the place. I see more of those for sale than any other game on my buy list.

#10120 6 years ago

actually, since i'm a top 1000 IFPA member I can buy MET pro from stern for $4500 right now if I wanted. you are allowed one discount game a year as long as your in the top 1000.

#10123 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

may want to check that price again...
Pretty sure it went up quite a bit?

that is my quote directly and recent. Just got it.

#10127 6 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

I tried to buy my Metallica through the Stern Rewards as well. I got a similar quote, but Stern was out of stock each time I wanted to buy and on my last try, they said there probably wouldn't be another run. Maybe they changed their minds about another run.

when I got the list and quotes (about 2 months ago maybe less) MET was on there.

#10129 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

"on" the list and actually available to buy seem to be 2 totally different things

I got a list of what I could order at that time and prices associated. $4500 for pros' $6000 for premiums.

#10132 6 years ago

I was just curious on my discount. I don't have capital to pull the trigger, and unsure if I want to own a spike system game anymore. Long term aspects of it, really scares the shit out of me and been on the fence about getting rid of GB, even thou, I think it kicks ass.

#10135 6 years ago

Thunderbolt is now $700. Up and working now. Been playing it. Some switches need some adjusting/cleaning as they seem to work when they feel like it. Shouldn't need much beyond that. Maybe a couple of bulbs replaced.

DSCN1895 (resized).JPGDSCN1895 (resized).JPG

#10140 6 years ago

why oh why do people keep putting green LED's in the GIs?

1 month later
1 month later
#10445 6 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

While digging through the Pharaoh this morning, I found the sales receipt, showing it sold for $450 in 1988. Anyone know a Scott Wessel? Looks like $35 was the hourly labor rate in the late 80’s. I love time capsule stuff like this.

that playfield is in amazing condition. I have never had to restore a pharaoh that looked that good from the start.

2 weeks later
#10492 6 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

The guy came through! Well.. I know he tried to sell it out from under me multiple times before our agreed pickup time. So thank you to pinsiders that have more integrity than this guy.
This will be the ultimate Christmas present for my future wife. Her favorite movie(s) of all time. Heck even the dog’s name (my avatar) is Dr. Emmett Brown...

if you are naming your dog from BTTF, wouldn't the dogs name be Einstein?

#10548 6 years ago

I have an empty strike cabinet laying around if you are doing a mame. Has the narrower 1player williams style head too.

#10564 6 years ago

whoever LED's south park, needs to stick to just wiping down playfields.

2 weeks later
#10634 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Buyer backed out after he realized he was also the seller .

lol

#10643 6 years ago
Quoted from Badamack:

Does anybody local clear coat playfields?

what do you mean by local? i'm a 6 hr drive for you.

#10703 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

Nothing wrong with drinks on the glass. Right Tim?

that's a cocktail table. It's a table, that's what it's for.

#10709 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Until you put your drink down to hard.

bah, that's tempered, it can handle it. Now if you ting the side of the glass, that's a different story.

1 week later
#10733 6 years ago

hilton says you can get a $1000 for a raven all day long.

#10761 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

Judging by Chris's left pant leg I'd say he was pretty happy to be there.

after reading this, I had to go back and look at the picture. hahahahahahahah

3 weeks later
#10854 6 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Nah...Eric doesn't care about leveling.

in his defense, he cares more than he did.

1 week later
#10890 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

$800 for the pin, and $35 in supplies later... a fulling working torpedo alley

nice find and kudos on a perfect LED job. Well done.

457 posts in this topic match your search for posts by captainneo. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread/page/1?tu=captainneo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.