1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png

There are 17,336 posts in this topic. You are on page 198 of 347.
#9851 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Thinking about shaking up the collection.
Blackout w/new repro BG: $1000
Pinbot: $1500
Doctor Who w/color DMD: $3000
No Fear w/black powder coat, upgraded speakers, and all new ramps and plastics: $3000
Spiderman w/shaker, LED-OCD, speaker lights, etc: $4700 (ad in marketplace)
Trades toward Metallica pro, Star Trek pro, Star Wars pro only. Most prices are somewhat negotiable so feel free to make offers, but low-balls will be ignored. I will try to get pictures and ads posted in the next couple days.

Doctor Who is tentatively spoken for. Will update if anything changes. Thanks!

#9852 4 years ago

Hey everyone. I posted a month or so ago and am now currently in the NE Wisconsin area. Looking for a machine or two for the house and also looking for some tourneys or get-togethers. I inquired into the league in the area, but that requires an annual commitment and I am only here seasonally. Would love to meet some folks on the scene and play some games!

#9853 4 years ago
Quoted from captaindorky:

Hey everyone. I posted a month or so ago and am now currently in the NE Wisconsin area. Looking for a machine or two for the house and also looking for some tourneys or get-togethers. I inquired into the league in the area, but that requires an annual commitment and I am only here seasonally. Would love to meet some folks on the scene and play some games!

Where are you up here??? I have a league going in Duluth/superior area. If you want to buy games I have two for sale as well.
Lwjp and wpt

#9854 4 years ago

Hey guys I'm looking for a used but in okay shape ice for a chexx. let me know!

#9855 4 years ago

I have a Ghost busters premium and a Whoa Nellie listed on the WI border of MN.

#9856 4 years ago

Depending what you are looking for and location I have a SST about to be listed. I'm in central Wisconsin.

#9857 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Thinking about shaking up the collection.
Blackout w/new repro BG: $1000
Pinbot: $1500
Doctor Who w/color DMD: $3000
No Fear w/black powder coat, upgraded speakers, and all new ramps and plastics: $3000
Spiderman w/shaker, LED-OCD, speaker lights, etc: $4700 (ad in marketplace)
Trades toward Metallica pro, Star Trek pro, Star Wars pro only. Most prices are somewhat negotiable so feel free to make offers, but low-balls will be ignored. I will try to get pictures and ads posted in the next couple days.

Blackout and Doctor Who are spoken for. Pinbot is sold and gone.

No Fear and Spiderman are still available. Will do trade + cash for Metallica, ST, or SW pros. Or trade both with cash coming my way. I would also be stupidly tempted by a trade for both for a ST:LE or Met:prem/LE...

#9858 4 years ago

...no, not really, but Star Wars is now playable at Tilt Pinball Bar. So make the jump to Hyperspace and fly on down there to check it out. Only $.50 to play!

ACDC2 (resized).jpg

#9859 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Blackout and Doctor Who are spoken for. Pinbot is sold and gone.
No Fear and Spiderman are still available. Will do trade + cash for Metallica, ST, or SW pros. Or trade both with cash coming my way. I would also be stupidly tempted by a trade for both for a ST:LE or Met:prem/LE...

Spiderman spoken for. No Fear is still available.

No longer looking for a Star Trek...

#9860 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

...no, not really, but Star Wars is now playable at Tilt Pinball Bar. So make the jump to Hyperspace and fly on down there to check it out. Only $.25 to play!

Are you an owner of tilt? How are you liking it if so?
Would love to hear about your experiences opening a pinball bar.

#9861 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Are you an owner of tilt?

He's not.

LTG : )

#9862 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Are you an owner of tilt? How are you liking it if so?
Would love to hear about your experiences opening a pinball bar.

No, that John would be John Galvin. I don't even get out to Tilt much since I live in the east metro. I've only been there 3 times including this morning to try out Star Wars. I just help spread the pinball love in the Twin Cities anyway I can.

#9863 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

No, that John would be John Galvin. I don't even get out to Tilt much since I live in the east metro. I've only been there 3 times including this morning to try out Star Wars. I just help spread the pinball love in the Twin Cities anyway I can.

How was SW?

#9864 4 years ago

Ya! John how did you like it? do you like game of thrones?

#9865 4 years ago

I think you're going to like it Tom! I finally got a chance to play one over lunch today and it's pretty awesome! I was worried it would feel too similar to my ACDC but it really doesn't. The shots are all further back and the playfield seems more open and it is faster too. The ball is hardly ever in the pops and balls come flying back at you fast off the 3 bank targets! I like that the horseshoe also acts as a captive ball at times and the death star shot is probably the toughest shot on the game. It's possible to backhand but is difficult. I still don't really have a grasp of the strategies in the game or how to best use the locking mulipliers but I could see this game having a lot of legs in a home collection as it takes a long time to figure out strategy and figure out how to best approach it. It took me a few games to get a feel for it but by the end I had some decent games of 2.2B and 1.6B despite not really knowing what I was doing.

#9866 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Ya! John how did you like it? do you like game of thrones?

I like Thrones alot. It's been very good to me in tournaments.

I had fun with Star Wars for sure. Art is better in person, but the playfield is barren. They didn't spend any money on the BOM there cause they knew they didn't have to. Game is lightning fast. You can't look up, ever, unless the ball is trapped on a flipper. It's a shame too as the screen is beautiful and has a ton of valuable information on it. Movie clips are great and what everyone remembers from the movies. Lots of familiar lines in the game and I could hardly hear it above all the other games. I'm sure it is even better when you can hear it more. There are literally 20 high score boards, so plenty of chances to enter in your initials which I like. Give people some excitement for doing things well.

Shot multiplier has a nice feature in that you can lock it or move it with the action button. When they are red, they are off and movable with the flippers, green on. Shot multipliers can make single shots huge. Bonus and stacking MBs with shot multipliers is where it is at. Bonus is broken like Batman 66. You can play for 5 seconds, score 3 million and get 90 million in bonus. One guy had 30 million in scoring for his game, but got 640 million in bonus over 3 balls. It's so out of whack right now.

It is a lot like Thrones overall. Choose your character (house) and get special abilities based on your choice. Skill shot has options too like Ghostbusters. For main modes, it's shoot one shot so many times to light those modes (Endor, Hoth, etc.) and then play 1 or 2 of the modes at the same time. 4th mode on each is a MB. Modes are pretty simple and are a little varied, more varied than Star Trek which was nice. Stacking MBs gets ridiculous. Light show is impressive and blinding. You can't see anything with stacking MBs and jackpots firing off all the time.

Cons for me...
Tatooine scoop was a lot like Gene's head from KISS, shooting the ball down the middle too often and there is no ball save currently. That sucks cause that shot is important, but I found myself avoiding it.

The pops are wasted. Might as well not be there. Right orbit will once in a while divert to pops, otherwise ball never goes there. In 6 games I think the ball went to the pops maybe 6 times total. When it does, the ball can only come out the right side. Seems like a waste if that is all they do.

Broken bonus is unfortunate. I'm sure it will be fixed, but it is ridiculous as it sits.

Game is so empty. For a huge Star Wars universe it's sad that this is what we get from a playfield standpoint. So much could be done there and they literally did nothing besides a static Death Star and a Tie Fighter on a spring.

Playfield LCD is kind of wasted, like they just put it in there to put it in there. It would be nice to have more information down there cause you might actually be able to look at it, but it is pretty much all skill shot and tie fighter info currently.

Modes continue over from ball to ball, so you can get "stuck" in a mode. For instance, I was in the Emperor's Throne Room Battle mode where you have to hit the ramps alternating left - right. I did it over and over and could never end the mode, then the next ball would start and I would be right back in it.

That's all I can think of for now. If anyone has any specific questions, shoot away and I will answer them as best I can.

#9867 4 years ago

Mmmmm curious how much different gameplay of the prem/le will be

#9868 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Mmmmm curious how much different gameplay of the prem/le will be

From pictures it really only looks like it has that ball save feature on the right out lane which is virtual on the pro and the hyperdrive lock ramp.

#9869 4 years ago

Played the rollergames at the pinballwarehouse today, that game plays great. Someone buy it before I give in and bring it home.

20170714_153429[1] (resized).jpg

#9870 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Played the rollergames at the pinballwarehouse today, that game plays great. Someone buy it before I give in and bring it home.

How much were they asking for it?

#9871 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

How much were they asking for it?

$2200

#9873 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Not bad....but then add sales tax.

I figure I'd rather pay sales tax, then the hours it would take to drive to get it from a private collector. PWH is 19 minutes from my house, I've spent way too many hours traveling for games. these days i'll pay more to avoid that.

#9874 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

From pictures it really only looks like it has that ball save feature on the right out lane which is virtual on the pro and the hyperdrive lock ramp.

Instead of the hyperdrive ramp the Pro has the captive ball hold shot which I'm guessing the Premium/LE lacks since it has the ramp instead? The captive ball shot at the Death Star is probably my favorite shot on the Pro!

Aside from that I don't think there will be much for gameplay differences other than metal vs. plastic ramps and the way balls are released for multiball.

My prediction is that this will be another game like GOT where the Pro becomes the preferred game to play by most players.

#9875 4 years ago

My first $100 pin. All parts are in a box

20170716_204115 (resized).jpg

20170716_204134 (resized).jpg

#9876 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

My first $100 pin. All parts are in a box

Didn't he say the backglass and displays were new in the ad?

#9877 4 years ago

Hey guy's this is a non pinball inquiry but I'm looking for a Big Buck Hunter arcade preferably newer than Pro. There doesn't seem to be a good place to talk about getting into these like pinball so I figured I'd ask here and what would be the best way to get one. Any Locals know of anywhere??

#9878 4 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

Hey guy's this is a non pinball inquiry but I'm looking for a Big Buck Hunter arcade preferably newer than Pro. There doesn't seem to be a good place to talk about getting into these like pinball so I figured I'd ask here and what would be the best way to get one. Any Locals know of anywhere??

Check with KingPinGames. Chris usually has games like that in stock.

#9879 4 years ago
Quoted from roger0043:

This! ^

https://www.kingpingames.net/

#9880 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Didn't he say the backglass and displays were new in the ad?

Yep, new backglass is boxed up and displays were installed

#9881 4 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-big-buck-hunter-arcade-thread-bbh

Ah man I just sold my pro converted to world.

Kingpin is in WI and has them

#9882 4 years ago

I've got a nice Independence Day up for sale - $1950

#9883 4 years ago

Dropped the price on No Fear to $2800.
All ramps and plastics are brand new.
Black powdercoated rails, lockdown bar, and legs.
Tasteful LEDs, upgraded speakers.
Beautiful playfield.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-no-fear-dangerous-sports-10

#9884 4 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

I think I have what your looking for, it has a tube monitor with all the games and critters. Looks great and plays perfect.

#9885 4 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

Quoted from roger0043:

message sent. thanks for the support guys!

#9886 4 years ago

That was pretty fast. Thanks guy's for your help!

#9887 4 years ago

The ST:Pro that I picked up came with a Cointaker Red Tremor shaker motor which is too powerful for my tastes. Anyone want to trade for a regular Stern / Pinball Life shaker? Or if interested in buying it outright, let me know. Prefer local but could ship. Let me know.

Thanks,
Chris

#9888 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Dropped the price on No Fear to $2800.
All ramps and plastics are brand new.
Black powdercoated rails, lockdown bar, and legs.
Tasteful LEDs, upgraded speakers.
Beautiful playfield.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-no-fear-dangerous-sports-10

That's my old NF. Great game, plays fast. Still miss it!

#9889 4 years ago

I have two sets of stock stern side rails (non lollipop). One pulled off tron (used) the other pulled of my hou met pro. $20 a set? Idk what they are worth but I went to lollipop rails and done need these laying around.

Edit: I also have 1 dmd with a few lines out available if anyone wants it

#9890 4 years ago

So I received a tip from kingpin that there was dialed in to play at sunset bowl in Waukesha. I went there last night and in fact there is one on location to play. a LE. But what he didn't tell me was there was also the new star wars to play. So i went there last night and played 2 brand new games. pretty sweet. I was there for like 4 hours. Just posting a FYI for the community. Also I was talking with another pinhead while playing and fox run lanes down the street i guess also has a star wars from just talking to him. It's set to 5 ball like there other games. but i didn't play that one yet.

#9891 4 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

So I received a tip from kingpin that there was dialed in to play at sunset bowl in Waukesha. I went there last night and in fact there is one on location to play. a LE. But what he didn't tell me was there was also the new star wars to play. So i went there last night and played 2 brand new games. pretty sweet. I was there for like 4 hours. Just posting a FYI for the community. Also I was talking with another pinhead while playing and fox run lanes down the street i guess also has a star wars from just talking to him. It's set to 5 ball like there other games. but i didn't play that one yet.

How did you like the games?!

I only had a couple games on DI at MGC and it wasn't enough as I didn't know what I was shooting at. However that game looks awesome.

SW - haven't played but I love the depth the code will have so those players that love that will enjoy it! Great game for the home!

#9892 4 years ago

This thread had been a little slow lately. We need to get to 200 pages and 10000 posts. Anyone have any Skill Roll parts?

#9893 4 years ago

Star Wars Pinball has landed at East Side Pinball.

That now makes 5 Star Wars playable in the Twin Cities already. There's going to be an Official Stern Launch Party for Star Wars on August 13th.

Check out the official announcement Star Wars scroll style...

https://brorlandi.github.io/StarWarsIntroCreator/#!/AKpzPzW8bqBNSOqf8bzh

All games will be on free play and there will be lots of fun and prizes. For full event details and information, click the public link below.

https://www.facebook.com/events/477626385948847

starwars (resized).JPG

#9894 4 years ago

Those who have owned/played GOT and perhaps have played the new SW, have any opinions comparing the two tables? Trying to decide on one of these.

#9895 4 years ago
Quoted from precisionk:

Those who have owned/played GOT and perhaps have played the new SW, have any opinions comparing the two tables? Trying to decide on one of these.

I like both. Both have more complicated rulesets and are shooters games. You aren't going to get far flailing in either game. Both playfields are empty and have less than desirable art. Sounds and dots, Star Wars wins by a landslide. I would give the edge to Star Wars, because I like the theme more and I have seen everything there is to see in GOT. Even though I have played through the current code on Star Wars already too, I know there is more to come.

If you are on the fence, go to Sun Ray Lanes. They have GOT and SW right next to each other. You can play them both to your heart's content and get a good idea for yourself.

#9896 4 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

Glad you were able to play it. We are having a launch party at Sunset Lanes on Saturday August 19th starting at 11am.

#9897 4 years ago

I had a GoT LE for about 4 months. Traded it away. I don't know how the later runs are now but those early ones had a lot of issues, the orbit shot, the upkicker to the mini PF etc. Gameplay wise it was just ok, rules are deep and complicated, so it's hard to jump on for quick games, casual players and guests never liked it because they had no clue what they were doing. The sound is ok, some of the call outs from the Hound are great. The light show is awesome, blinding at times but still awesome. Fighting the dragon is cool especially if you have a shaker. Overall to me it was an Ok machine, I got bored of it fairly quickly.

#9898 4 years ago
Quoted from precisionk:

I've only played a handful of games on SW, but I am a GoT pro owner. I guarantee I am biased as GoT is one of my favorite games ever, so keep that in mind.

To me they feel very different. I had a really hard time hitting the shots on SW...every shot seemed very tight. GoT shoots way better in my opinion, and is a lot more forgiving. SW had a ton of cheap drains. Well over half of my plunges bounced straight out the outlane on SW, and the three bank is a sucker shot. Way less of that on GoT. The dragon shot is tight, but the others are easy to hit which leads to a beautiful flow. The stand-ups can be deadly, but easier to mitigate than I could so far on SW. I also find GoT to be easier to understand and follow what is happening, but I'm sure with more play SW would make better sense. SW has the edge in theme, video, audio, and lighting, but GoT isn't a slouch in those departments by any means.

I fully admit that I need a lot more time on a SW, and my opinion could very well change over time, but for now I definitely enjoy GoT (pro) more overall. It's just more fun to shoot, less brutal, and the rules are great.

#9899 4 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

I had a GoT LE for about 4 months. Traded it away.

That reminds me, if you go GOT, go Pro. It is the better version of the game and cheaper to boot.

#9900 4 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

This thread had been a little slow lately. We need to get to 200 pages and 10000 posts. Anyone have any Skill Roll parts?

I still have a playfield (No handle mechs, missing 2 switches and the coil plunger) that I'm willing to trade for a back door set-up.

There are 17,336 posts in this topic. You are on page 198 of 347.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside