1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png
There are 20,726 posts in this topic. You are on page 196 of 415.
#9751 6 years ago

Anyone getting sick of their Captain Card, Lucky Hand, or generally any card themed EM games and/or EBD?

I'm willing to long term baby sit them and/or buy them.

#9752 6 years ago

I'd take a mid 3k MET.

#9753 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Pinball pro will be in training soon

Congrats Dude. Time to start selling off those machines.

#9755 6 years ago

GTB Totem that should clean up to be a nice example

madison.craigslist.org link

#9756 6 years ago

Other - For Sale
“This is a fairly rare (at least I've never seen one) pitch and bat game. Older pitch and bat baseball games are getting tough to find anyway and have always been pretty desirable. ...”
2017-05-19
Madison, WI
600 (OBO)
Archived after: 22 days
Viewed: 163 times

#9757 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that's retail prices. pros are still 4700-4800.

Quoted from lordloss:

Are those prices shipped?

I don't get this - I've "called around" and nobody will offer those prices...

#9758 6 years ago
Quoted from AudioHaven:

I don't get this - I've "called around" and nobody will offer those prices...

As someone who doesn't call, wish people would email prices, what were you quoted?

#9759 6 years ago

The standard "street price" seems to be $5100 for a Pro (except Aerosmith $5200). But I've heard on several occasions now that $4700-$4800 is the number.

#9760 6 years ago
Quoted from AudioHaven:

The standard "street price" seems to be $5100 for a Pro (except Aerosmith $5200). But I've heard on several occasions now that $4700-$4800 is the number.

From what I've heard is that if you don't have a "relationship" with a distributor you won't get their best price.

#9761 6 years ago
Quoted from AudioHaven:

these were the numbers when metallica was first release, but since then Stern has had multiple price increases (and that includes older games). As a dealer i can tell you, that to sell a game at that price would end up with me closing that line of games. Maybe the "bigger guys" get a better price than i do, but at $4700-$4800 i wouldn't stay in business very long.

everyone who has dealt with me know that i am honest to a fault. you can get cheaper prices from the big guys, but when it comes to after the sale you are pretty much on your own. try calling some of the big guys on the weekend or after 5pm and see what help you get. most likely you will get a voicemail. look around you, look at the guys who are helping the pinball community with their time, donations, expertise, show presence, etc. those are the people you should be supporting. getting a great price is important, but when you run the other guys out of business by buying cheap who is going to have a booth at the shows? who is going to be sponsoring the launch parties? who is going to be there for you when you have a problem at noon on saturday and are having people over at 5pm? not the guys who are only in this for money. they are too busy not doing all of that.

this little venting session is not aim at one one person on this site, just in general. i bust my ass going to shows, printing material for events, sponsoring launch parties, all to have someone buy from another deal because they are $100 cheaper. there are a handful of guys out there doing this, but we are all overshadowed by the "cheap prices" from the other guys that benefit from what we do. some might say that i do what i do in order to make a profit. there is some truth in that. i wouldn't be in business to not make money (that is a charity, not a business), but at the same time, there is a lot less that i could be doing.

as a JJP, Spooky and Stern dealer, i can tell you that the "standard street price" is the minimum that i would be able to sell for. if you can get a nib metallica for less than that (and don't have a need for anyones support, knowledge, patients, etc) then grab it.

also remember the other things that come with price. for example, every JJP, Spooky or Stern game purchased from me automatically doubles your factory warranty. that is included in the price that i sell for, not an extra that you have to pay for. I also offer free shipping for the US Armed Forces personnel (past and present). that being said, i can not afford to match the big guys price AND give you free shipping, it's just not able to happen.

have a great day.

Christopher

#9762 6 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

these were the numbers when metallica was first release, but since then Stern has had multiple price increases (and that includes older games). As a dealer i can tell you, that to sell a game at that price would end up with me closing that line of games. Maybe the "bigger guys" get a better price than i do, but at $4700-$4800 i wouldn't stay in business very long.
everyone who has dealt with me know that i am honest to a fault. you can get cheaper prices from the big guys, but when it comes to after the sale you are pretty much on your own. try calling some of the big guys on the weekend or after 5pm and see what help you get. most likely you will get a voicemail. look around you, look at the guys who are helping the pinball community with their time, donations, expertise, show presence, etc. those are the people you should be supporting. getting a great price is important, but when you run the other guys out of business by buying cheap who is going to have a booth at the shows? who is going to be sponsoring the launch parties? who is going to be there for you when you have a problem at noon on saturday and are having people over at 5pm? not the guys who are only in this for money. they are too busy not doing all of that.
this little venting session is not aim at one one person on this site, just in general. i bust my ass going to shows, printing material for events, sponsoring launch parties, all to have someone buy from another deal because they are $100 cheaper. there are a handful of guys out there doing this, but we are all overshadowed by the "cheap prices" from the other guys that benefit from what we do. some might say that i do what i do in order to make a profit. there is some truth in that. i wouldn't be in business to not make money (that is a charity, not a business), but at the same time, there is a lot less that i could be doing.
as a JJP, Spooky and Stern dealer, i can tell you that the "standard street price" is the minimum that i would be able to sell for. if you can get a nib metallica for less than that (and don't have a need for anyones support, knowledge, patients, etc) then grab it.
also remember the other things that come with price. for example, every JJP, Spooky or Stern game purchased from me automatically doubles your factory warranty. that is included in the price that i sell for, not an extra that you have to pay for. I also offer free shipping for the US Armed Forces personnel (past and present). that being said, i can not afford to match the big guys price AND give you free shipping, it's just not able to happen.
have a great day.
Christopher

Great stuff and I admire what you do! Having purchased what I would consider a pretty hefty order, though not a NIB game, from one of the "big guys" recently, it was an awful experience that left a bad taste in my mouth. So I applaud and appreciate the service you provide - I've heard nothing but great things about you...and I see you active here on the forum as well. Love it!

I wasn't trying to complain about pricing at all - it has just sort of bugged me when I see people out there saying $5100 is "retail" and if you pay more than that you're silly. Having never bought a NIB machine, I don't have a the experience or a relationship so it makes me feel like a bit of an outsider and has me second guessing how much one should truly be paying for a NIB game. Don't get me wrong, if there are guys out there that have been buying games for years at lower prices, I suppose they've sort of earned a bit of a price break.

Anyway - bringing it back to Minnesota / Wisconsin pinball goodness, I've stopped in to SS Billiards a couple of times after work for a few quick plays...always enjoy playing and hearing some of the latest news from Lloyd! Looking forward to him getting Dialed In! My brother-in-law and I went to Tilt list week and had a blast again!

Happy flippin' everyone!

#9763 6 years ago
Quoted from AudioHaven:

Great stuff and I admire what you do! Having purchased what I would consider a pretty hefty order, though not a NIB game, from one of the "big guys" recently, it was an awful experience that left a bad taste in my mouth. So I applaud and appreciate the service you provide - I've heard nothing but great things about you...and I see you active here on the forum as well. Love it!
I wasn't trying to complain about pricing at all - it has just sort of bugged me when I see people out there saying $5100 is "retail" and if you pay more than that you're silly. Having never bought a NIB machine, I don't have a the experience or a relationship so it makes me feel like a bit of an outsider and has me second guessing how much one should truly be paying for a NIB game. Don't get me wrong, if there are guys out there that have been buying games for years at lower prices, I suppose they've sort of earned a bit of a price break.
Anyway - bringing it back to Minnesota / Wisconsin pinball goodness, I've stopped in to SS Billiards a couple of times after work for a few quick plays...always enjoy playing and hearing some of the latest news from Lloyd! Looking forward to him getting Dialed In! My brother-in-law and I went to Tilt list week and had a blast again!
Happy flippin' everyone!

Give me a call to discuss further

Christopher
608-393-2299

#9764 6 years ago

Christopher is a great guy and distributor. I have not bought a game from him yet but now that I know he doubles the warranty and I had some other games I wanted to buy from him. I'll be keeping his number for my future purchases. He is right, he is local and gives back to the community

In other news pinball beer!

IMG_3254 (resized).JPGIMG_3254 (resized).JPG

#9765 6 years ago

Damn I want me some pinball beer.
How is it?

#9766 6 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

Damn I want me some pinball beer.
How is it?

I was happy when my 6 pack was gone. wife drank one. Couldn't get her to help with another one.

#9767 6 years ago

Tastes like an IPA. Good, but if you don't like ipas, I can see it being too much hop

#9768 6 years ago

Wow that good

I really like this summer seasonal from Odell. This years batch just came out.
I highly recommend it.
Cheers

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#9769 6 years ago

Stopped in at the Selby Grill awhile back to get some of their outstanding poutine and tried a Minnesota Gold Lager which is outstanding as well. They don't always have it though because they rotate the beer on tap. However just last night Doug, one of the bar tenders, sent me a text declaring that they just tapped a fresh keg of said beer. Well worth a try.

#9770 6 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

have a great day.
Christopher

I will throw in my endorsement of KingPin. I purchased my Hobbit Black Arrow and a used Theatre of Magic via KP. He has also done numerous repairs and upgrades for me on several machines from CCC to Tommy. He always knows what the problem is and his service has always been excellent! Glad to see you are now handling Stern as well in case I decide I need one of their games.

#9771 6 years ago
Quoted from mkruck556:

I will throw in my endorsement of KingPin. I purchased my Hobbit Black Arrow and a used Theatre of Magic via KP. He has also done numerous repairs and upgrades for me on several machines from CCC to Tommy. He always knows what the problem is and his service has always been excellent! Glad to see you are now handling Stern as well in case I decide I need one of their games.

thanks for the kind words mark (and all the rest).

#9772 6 years ago

I too had a great experience with Kingpin. After having a long day he still went out of his way to meet me on the way home and get me my game. Saved me some time driving.

Pinball beer. Is a IPA. If you don't like them you won't like it. My wife drinks IPAs and said it's a mild not as hoppy as some.

#9773 6 years ago

Another Minneapolis area prankster or legit?

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG

#9775 6 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

Scam....
I found the same photos on eBay.
ebay.com link » Dirty Harry Pinball Arcade Pinball Machine By Williams

Look at his phone #, Definitely not local

#9776 6 years ago

How do you think the scam would work... are they just going to rob you?

#9777 6 years ago
Quoted from tiesmasc:

How do you think the scam would work... are they just going to rob you?

It would involve personal info in some capacity i would think.

#9778 6 years ago

The add states that he would like to know where the machine is going to ensure that it's in the right hands. This means he'll need your full name, address, and social security number prior to consideration. Also, your bank routing and account number will give you a better chance of moving to the front of the list.

#9779 6 years ago

More often than not, if they leave a phone number on an ad like that, it's a prank rather than a scam.

#9780 6 years ago

Ok, Ok... I'll confess. It was me. I have been trying to buy a Dirty Harry Pinball machine from a friend and he's asking too much. So I posted this bogus ad and showed it to him and said, "Look, these aren't worth anything. People are giving them away for free on the Internet."

#9781 6 years ago

Ok, so my WPT will be cleaned and a switch fixed, new uppper PF and leds shortly. Then for sale.

Could pair up my LWJP and WPT in a sale/trade +/- cash...

Looking for a LOTR, TZ maybe TWD. Otherwise totally good if they sell as I could wait on Star wars.

#9782 6 years ago

Put up an ad for my Spider-Man. Trade preferred (Metallica, Batman:TDK, ST pro, TF?) but cash offers considered.

Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Putting my Stern Spiderman up for sale or trade. Not HUO or perfect but a very good player. It has nice LEDs (Comet sunlight GI with color matching inserts...no color bombing), LED...”
2017-07-10
Plymouth, WI
4,700 (OBO)
Archived after: 4 days
Viewed: 1084 times

#9783 6 years ago

I have a TZ I might trade. It's in pretty good shape, not a collectors machine. Everything works, has Color dmd and pinsound board. still haven't unpacked it from my move from California because basement is not ready. Looking for another "A" quality title

#9784 6 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

I have a TZ I might trade. It's in pretty good shape, not a collectors machine. Everything works, has Color dmd and pinsound board. still haven't unpacked it from my move from California because basement is not ready. Looking for another "A" quality title

Welcome to MN. Your not to far away.

#9786 6 years ago

And BIG thanks out to you Steve for another GREAT event.

#9787 6 years ago

Hey Minnesota Pinball Fans. Coming up the first week in July, we have a great opportunity again this year to get pinball out to a wider video game and live streaming audience worldwide...all while raising money for the Doctor's Without Borders Charity. In short, this event features speed running and live streaming of video games and pinball machines 24 hours a day for an entire week. Some local MN players will be on hand throughout the week to play on the live stream, commentate on game play and take on game specific challenges proposed by the people watching the streams. I'm going to play and commentate this year and from watching past stream events, it looks like a lot of fun. What they need from us are games to be used during the event. They are looking for 8-10 pinball machines to be used during the event. If need be, they have some cash and pinball prizes available to give away to people that allow their game to be used for the event. Anyone who donates a game for use that week will also be able to get in free to the entire event for the week...and the event has been SOLD OUT since March. They need to know soon though who is willing to let them use a game, so if you are interested, please let me know and I can get you all the information you need.

More Information:

Games Done Quick charity event will once again be happening at the Marriot in Minneapolis.
"Games Done Quick is a series of charity video game marathons. These events feature high-level gameplay by speedrunners raising money for charity. Games Done Quick has teamed up with several charities in its six-year history, including Doctors Without Borders and the Prevent Cancer Foundation.

To date, Games Done Quick has raised over 10 million dollars for charity! We also average over 1500 people in attendance at our events, including staff, volunteers, runners, and attendees just looking to have fun and support the event!"

https://gamesdonequick.com/

Capture3 (resized).JPGCapture3 (resized).JPG

#9788 6 years ago

Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Very nice GOTpremium. Clean game and well maintained. Recently cleaned and silicone/titan rubber added. No mods or other stuff added. A stock game in good condition for a fair p...”
2017-06-07
Madison, WI
5,900 (OBO)
Archived after: 18 days
Viewed: 589 times

GoT prem for sale.

#9790 6 years ago

What game is going in it's place?

#9791 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

What game is going in it's place?

Well the plan is lwjp and wpt or sopranos goes, and a Star Wars, lotr, tz or twd I think.

I am about to sell my bbh world as well and get some pin money ready for something too.....

#9792 6 years ago

Looking for a DE dmd era cabinet, if anyone has one let me know.

#9793 6 years ago

GIVEAWAY! Ernie Hudson Signed & Framed Ghostbusters Translite

This month I am giving away an original Ghostbusters Pro pinball translite that is signed by Winston himself...Ernie Hudson. The translite is already matted and framed as shown as well! The translite will be given away via random draw, so you don't have to be a great pinball player to win, all you need to do is enter! So bring the spouse, the significant other and/or the kids. This contest and the venue are both family friendly and open to people of all ages and skillsets!

Here's how it works...
Just head over to Sun Ray Lanes ANYTIME during the month of June. That's right, anytime it is convenient for you...11pm or 11am...doesn't matter. At Sun Ray, just play a game on the following 5 Super League pinball machines; (Ghostbusters, Aerosmith, Walking Dead, Game of Thrones and South Park). High scores, low scores...it doesn't matter, everyone who enters has the same chance of winning! After playing, either e-mail your name and pictures of your scores to ([email protected]) or you can post the pictures of your scores on the wall of the Super League group page...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TwinCitiesSuperLeague/

On July 1st show up at noon at Sun Ray Lanes the winner will be drawn live that day and that person will get to take the framed translite home. We will also have two additional pinball events that day, along with FREE PIZZA as well. A great opportunity for a very unique prize and an afternoon full of pinball fun!

IMAG7912 (resized).jpgIMAG7912 (resized).jpg

IMAG7911 (resized).jpgIMAG7911 (resized).jpg

#9794 6 years ago

I wanted to give a quick thank you to you guys for recommending John Ross. He was out to my place last week and quickly got my Future Spa, Austin Powers, and F-14 Tomcat back up and running. He had to order some new parts for my Guns N Roses, but he said he’d likely be back within the week to finish up. Super nice guy and I highly recommend him myself now. It’s a huge relief to have a go-to tech again, since the guy I used for several years moved away. So once again -thank you for the recommendation! On a side note, I also emailed and called Craig’s Pinball repair. I talked to him on the phone for a bit and explained my issues. He seemed like a nice enough guy, but said he’d have to check his schedule and call me back. Well, two weeks later, and I never received a call or email back. Hopefully nothing bad happened to him.

#9795 6 years ago

I wanted to give a quick thank you to you guys for recommending John Ross. He was out to my place last week and quickly got my Future Spa, Austin Powers, and F-14 Tomcat back up and running. He had to order some new parts for my Guns N Roses, but he said he’d likely be back within the week to finish up. Super nice guy and I highly recommend him myself now. It’s a huge relief to have a go-to tech again, since the guy I used for several years moved away. So once again -thank you for the recommendation! On a side note, I also emailed and called Craig’s Pinball repair. I talked to him on the phone for a bit and explained my issues. He seemed like a nice enough guy, but said he’d have to check his schedule and call me back. Well, two weeks later, and I never received a call or email back. Hopefully nothing bad happened to him.

Great! that is a lot of games to get up and running! has to be nice feeling

#9796 6 years ago

Well, two weeks later, and I never received a call or email back. Hopefully nothing bad happened to him.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, I'm sure he is fine. He has never been very responsive in my dealings with him in the past which is unfortunate as I could have given him more business. He still has both my 8 opto boards for Judge Dredd that I told him not to even take in the first place and that was over a year and a half ago now. I had already bought the Great Lakes Modular replacements, so I've long since given up trying to get them back and/or have him finish what he started way back then.

#9797 6 years ago

A pet project of mine... If any of you guys are in Madison WI and needed another place to play or hang out...

Join the Blue Moon and Deschutes in launching the Craft Beer Pinball League! Stop in every 1st and 3rd Wednesday for some Beer and Pinball. Meet brewery reps, have a beer, and play some pinball in a relaxed setting. Everyone from all skill levels is welcome! Every other week enjoy featured taps and other surprises as we play some silver ball. Starts at 6 PM or whenever you show up!

List of upcoming Dates and Breweries can be found at: http://bluemoonbar.com/events.php

Deschutes800 (resized).jpgDeschutes800 (resized).jpg

#9798 6 years ago

Also, that escalara is amazing...

IMG_20170608_145340 (resized).jpgIMG_20170608_145340 (resized).jpg

#9799 6 years ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

A pet project of mine... If any of you guys are in Madison WI and needed another place to play or hang out...
Join the Blue Moon and Deschutes in launching the Craft Beer Pinball League! Stop in every 1st and 3rd Wednesday for some Beer and Pinball. Meet brewery reps, have a beer, and play some pinball in a relaxed setting. Everyone from all skill levels is welcome! Every other week enjoy featured taps and other surprises as we play some silver ball. Starts at 6 PM or whenever you show up!
List of upcoming Dates and Breweries can be found at: http://bluemoonbar.com/events.php

Jim, right? Please put your TZ up there!!! Awesome burgers at Blue Moon BTW

Love seeing machine infiltrate this city!

#9800 6 years ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

if you need a WoZ or Hobbit let me know. i have a couple left from a recent show that were opened for the show. they are still practically brand new.

There are 20,726 posts in this topic. You are on page 196 of 415.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread/page/196?hl=netcivil and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.