1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png
There are 20,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 195 of 415.
#9701 6 years ago

I’d like to explore a different era of the hobby a little more so I’m on the hunt for some early solid state Bally’s – I may or may not have become a little obsessed

Here’s what I’m most interested in:
1. Embryon
2. Paragon
3. Skateball
4. Globetrotters
5. Fireball II
6. Elektra

Centaur and Fathom would be #2 & #3 on my list, but I’m not sure I’m ready for them yet. I might be open to other titles, but this is my short list at the moment.

Here’s what I could potentially offer in trade:
· Bride of PinBot 2.0
· Flintstones
· No Good Gofers
· 2 channel audio gear
· Cash

I’m open to just about any kind of trade +/- cash or straight up cash deal as well. Shoot me a PM or pass my contact info along to anyone you think might be interested.

IMG_3645 (resized).JPGIMG_3645 (resized).JPG
Side note: Fireball II is my brother in laws, but could be traded - Fish Tales isn't currently on the block. Other wants are: Metallica, Ghostbusters, Taxi. Happy to contribute to PinSide, too!

#9702 6 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Ahh, good point. I kept looking over at the machine, hoping they had a tech on site that would look into it so I could walk over and try to learn some more troubleshooting techniques since I've only owned a machine (T2) for a couple of months, but no such luck.

The operator - John - is part owner of the bar and is on site a lot. If you didn't - please do bring up any oddity you notice. If he's there he'll typically jump on it immediately.

#9703 6 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

The operator - John - is part owner of the bar and is on site a lot. If you didn't - please do bring up any oddity you notice. If he's there he'll typically jump on it immediately.

Good to know, will keep that in mind for the future. The only people I saw there was a bartender and the waitress. I didn't mention anything to either of them, probably should've in hindsight.

#9704 6 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

hoping they had a tech on site that would look into it so I could walk over and try to learn some more troubleshooting techniques since I've only owned a machine (T2) for a couple of months,

Come in my place. I'll learn you.

LTG : )

#9705 6 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Ahh, good point. I kept looking over at the machine, hoping they had a tech on site that would look into it so I could walk over and try to learn some more troubleshooting techniques since I've only owned a machine (T2) for a couple of months, but no such luck.

Usually the eddy sensors for the Hocus Pocus magna-saves need adjustment if they have the stock boards with the potentiometers. But what Whysnow says it's correct also. Often times, the left habitrail exit switch often gets ignored in my game, and it tends to give me a credit dot but works perfectly.

#9706 6 years ago

Anyone have a good reference for someone who can repair/weld a broken bracket... and estimate of what it might cost? (Essentially just needs the corner added back on... and then two 8-32 threads...)

Alternatively if anyone has a shadow left divertor bracket (A-18956-2) or other suggestions for repairing this... please let me know.

BrokenBracket-LDivertor (resized).jpgBrokenBracket-LDivertor (resized).jpgLeftDivertorMech-LineDrawing (resized).jpgLeftDivertorMech-LineDrawing (resized).jpg

#9707 6 years ago
Quoted from tiesmasc:

other suggestions for repairing this... please let me know.

I'd put a piece of metal below it. Drill four holes. Two by coil sides small. Bolt together and call it a day.

81b7b4321e88ce49abca559d6f7e87f3c63d1b6b (resized).jpg81b7b4321e88ce49abca559d6f7e87f3c63d1b6b (resized).jpg

#9708 6 years ago

If anyone is in or near Duluth, MN or Superior, WI and would like to join a fun pinball league or help. Let me know!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/duluth-mn-superior-wi-pinball-league#post-3758770

#9709 6 years ago
Quoted from tiesmasc:

Anyone have a good reference for someone who can repair/weld a broken bracket... and estimate of what it might cost? (Essentially just needs the corner added back on... and then two 8-32 threads...)
Alternatively if anyone has a shadow left divertor bracket (A-18956-2) or other suggestions for repairing this... please let me know.

If you were closer I'd weld it up for free not a hard or time consuming thing. Go to , don't call, a metal repair shop. Machine shop etc, a small one. Explain what your doing and that its for a pinball. Have two longer screws for thread to be cut off of. Probably won't cost much.

#9710 6 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

If you were closer I'd weld it up for free not a hard or time consuming thing. Go to , don't call, a metal repair shop. Machine shop etc, a small one. Explain what your doing and that its for a pinball. Have two longer screws for thread to be cut off of. Probably won't cost much.

My suggestion as well.

I actually had a boat prop shop fab me up some aluminum brackets for a server so, you just gotta ask

#9711 6 years ago

Anyone local have a nice EBD playfield for sale?
Anyone on the CPR list for the upcoming run and want to pass it along?

Parts - Wanted
Wanted! - “I know CPR has a FULL/OPEN run and I have asked to be on the waitlist but have not had much luck on the waitlist in the past. If somebody has an early slot and wants to make a qui...”
2017-05-10
Madison, WI
Wanted
Archived after: 40 days
Viewed: 529 times

#9712 6 years ago
Quoted from tiesmasc:

Don't you have any friends with hot rods?

#9713 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Don't you have any friends with hot rods?

MSRA you have a lot of street rod guys in mn. The big show is just over a month away.

#9714 6 years ago

I assume that Tilt is 21+.
Can somebody confirm please.
Thanks.

#9715 6 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

I assume that Tilt is 21+.
Can somebody confirm please.
Thanks.

It's under 17 with an adult. 21+ after 9:00.

#9716 6 years ago

Hey thanks alot.
I'll be able to take my kid as long as we go early. Lookin' forward to checking it out.

#9717 6 years ago

TZ I took in to help a customer is wrapping up. Leaving SS Billiards to make room for Jersey Jack Pinball's Dialed In and Planetary Pinball Supply/Chicago Gaming Classic's Attack From Mars Remake. My TZ is still here. LTG : )

visitingTZ (resized).JPGvisitingTZ (resized).JPG

#9718 6 years ago

Can anyone here recommend a good tech in the Twin Cities area? I have a an issue with my Austin Powers and Guns N Roses. My usual tech I'd used for a few years recently moved away and I feel like an orphan.

Thanks in advance if anyone can comment or pm someone to reach out to.

#9719 6 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

Can anyone here recommend a good tech in the Twin Cities area?

Craig Sanders, John Ross, Bill Kolbe. PM me for contact info.

#9720 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd put a piece of metal below it. Drill four holes. Two by coil sides small. Bolt together and call it a day.

And... done. Thanks Lloyd... we'll see how it works out!!! (Cross posting to Shadow club...)
LTG-Suggestion Made Real (resized).pngLTG-Suggestion Made Real (resized).png

#9721 6 years ago

I second John Ross - he fixed up my T2, taught me some stuff, and even identified issues I didn't even notice (since I'm a newbie).

#9722 6 years ago

Another bump for John, great guy and knows his stuff.

#9723 6 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Another bump for John, great guy and knows his stuff.

and still another bump for John.

#9724 6 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I second John Ross

Quoted from Bearcat:

Another bump for John

Quoted from MustangPaul:

and still another bump for John

Since no one mentioned it, I'd say John Ross. I'm not even in MN and I still know him and recommend him highly!

#9725 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Craig Sanders, John Ross, Bill Kolbe. PM me for contact info.

I Have used all 3. All good guys.

#9726 6 years ago

Thanks for the recommendations guys. I'll be reaching out soon.

#9727 6 years ago

I posted this as a new topic because I didn't know this thread existed until now.

Anyone have any more info or details about this "fire/smoke"? The place is actually in Waunakee, but it's not listed on Pin Maps.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-causes-fire-in-madison-wi-bar#post-3764221

#9728 6 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I posted this as a new topic because I didn't know this thread existed until now.
Anyone have any more info or details about this "fire/smoke"? The place is actually in Waunakee, but it's not listed on Pin Maps.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-causes-fire-in-madison-wi-bar#post-3764221

Quoted from Whysnow:

something locked on, main fuse did its job and blew.
No smoke/minor smoke from what I was told. Just smelt of burning. Game will be fixed later today.
All is good.

#9730 6 years ago

Just finished with my lwjp. One last wipe and wax and she's ready for a new owner.
CT led kit
Driver and CPU boards done by coin op cauldron
Snagger works
Extra parts and manual
Cliffy at egg - has a little wear on wood
$2400 or reasonable offer
I'll get more pics if wanted.

IMG_3232 (resized).JPGIMG_3232 (resized).JPGIMG_3233 (resized).JPGIMG_3233 (resized).JPGIMG_3234 (resized).JPGIMG_3234 (resized).JPGIMG_3235 (resized).JPGIMG_3235 (resized).JPG

Added over 7 years ago: Found the topper too.

#9731 6 years ago

Toying with the idea of trading my Spiderman (Stern original, not vault) for a Metallica. Not HUO or perfect but a very good player. It has nice LEDs (Comet sunlight GI with color matching inserts...no color bombing), LED OCD board, speaker lights with spider acrylics, and a shaker. Any of these can be removed depending on the deal. Has some minor cabinet scratches/scuffs and some clearcoat wear around a few inserts. Not very noticeable, but there. Magnet area is perfect. Again, not HUO but nice for a routed machine and it plays great.

Would be looking for an equal or close to equal trade for a Metallica pro. Definitely wouldn't mind a premium but would have to discuss the price difference...not sure I could make that work.

Let me know if you have any interest.

#9733 6 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Toying with the idea of trading my Spiderman (Stern original, not vault) for a Metallica. Not HUO or perfect but a very good player. It has nice LEDs (Comet sunlight GI with color matching inserts...no color bombing), LED OCD board, speaker lights with spider acrylics, and a shaker. Any of these can be removed depending on the deal. Has some minor cabinet scratches/scuffs and some clearcoat wear around a few inserts. Not very noticeable, but there. Magnet area is perfect. Again, not HUO but nice for a routed machine and it plays great.
Would be looking for an equal or close to equal trade for a Metallica pro. Definitely wouldn't mind a premium but would have to discuss the price difference...not sure I could make that work.
Let me know if you have any interest.

I think a used older met pro should be like...mid $3k ? and depending on the condition of your SM maybe worth more? Not sure what the going rate of a SM is now that the "vault" is out.

#9734 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I think a used older met pro should be like...mid $3k ? and depending on the condition of your SM maybe worth more? Not sure what the going rate of a SM is now that the "vault" is out.

I definitely value mine well above mid-$3k. But I also do not think I've ever seen a Metallica that low either. We'll see if anything shakes out...if not I have no problem holding on to SM...still one of my favorites!

#9735 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Depends if you're buying and selling and which state you're in.

#9736 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Depends if you're buying and selling and which state you're in.

New led met pro's from some distribs are like mid to low 4k? I don't remember what exactly I paid but I was offered a used one more then what I paid.... So a used one, I could see 3800 ish? I've seen barely used ones go for under 4, but you also don't see many for sale publicly so the deals are hard to know....

#9737 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

New led met pro's from some distribs are like mid to low 4k? I don't remember what exactly I paid but I was offered a used one more then what I paid.... So a used one, I could see 3800 ish? I've seen barely used ones go for under 4, but you also don't see many for sale publicly so the deals are hard to know....

That would be the case but Stern jacked up the prices of all their games when Ghostbusters came out and then again with AS. Pro's are now around $5200 shipped which means used Pros are $4300 plus for games like Metallica. Quality issues on NIB games have also made HUO games a hotter commodity than what they would typically be. I would love to find a sub $4K HUO Metallica but I don't think they exist.

#9738 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

That would be the case but Stern jacked up the prices of all their games when Ghostbusters came out and then again with AS. Pro's are now around $5200 shipped which means used Pros are $4300 plus for games like Metallica. Quality issues on NIB games have also made HUO games a hotter commodity than what they would typically be. I would love to find a sub $4K HUO Metallica but I don't think they exist.

If pro prices went above 5k then I could see that for sure. I thought there were still nib deals for pro but it's been a couple years. Uffda. It's getting expensive

#9739 6 years ago

that's retail prices. pros are still 4700-4800.

#9740 6 years ago

Pinball pro will be in training soon

announcement 1 (resized).jpgannouncement 1 (resized).jpg

#9742 6 years ago

Are those prices shipped?

#9743 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Are those prices shipped?

Usually.

#9744 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that's retail prices. pros are still 4700-4800.

Sweet...if someone scores a $4700 NIB pro and wants to trade it for my Spiderman, I'd happily add a few hundred to the deal!

#9745 6 years ago

have you called around? I'm sure chris could hook you up and you could just sell off spiderman.

#9746 6 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Sweet...if someone scores a $4700 NIB pro and wants to trade it for my Spiderman, I'd happily add a few hundred to the deal!

I'd be glad to take Blackout off your hands just to help you out

#9747 6 years ago

New Cheese Pump for the pinball events.

cheesepump (resized).JPGcheesepump (resized).JPG

#9748 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

have you called around? I'm sure chris could hook you up and you could just sell off spiderman.

thanks for the suggestion (i assume you are suggesting me). Jediturtle send me a message and let's see what we can do. i could also take spiderman with me to the denver show and sell it there for you if you like (or you can post it for sale in the Colorado fs thread and i would be happy to take it with me (if you have it sold and can get it to the dells before i leave on june 7th for denver).

#9749 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

New Cheese Pump for the pinball events.

Bringing back the Circus??

#9750 6 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Bringing back the Circus??

No idea on what next. I need to be ready. Old cheese pump bit the dust.

There are 20,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 195 of 415.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread/page/195?hl=audiohaven and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.