1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png
There are 20,726 posts in this topic. You are on page 192 of 415.
#9551 7 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Thanks for the invite, but I still can't really walk yet and have to elevate my leg, so I'm going to have to hold off. I will at some point though!
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome! As requested, here are a few pictures of my new theater. I want to put a pinball machine or two (or more?) against that back wall. I haven't measured yet, but I'm hoping the minisplit against the back wall won't be a limitation - not sure how high the pinball backs are, or how high the minisplit is, so we'll see...

WOW!!! If I had that AND pins I'd never leave home. Beautiful.

#9552 7 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I just wanted to drop in, say hi, and introduce myself as someone new to pinball! I've never done anything other than play pinball before, but since I just finished my home theater, I wanted to add a pinball machine (or two....). I just purchased a T2 a couple of weeks ago, it should be here next week, and I'm really looking forward to it! I've been to Sunray several times and love playing there; never made it to a tourney (don't think I'd be any good... yet?), but since I'm new to the hobby and know networking is important, I'm hoping to make it out there at some point! Unfortunately right now I'm a little gimpy since I had ankle surgery a couple of weeks ago (the narcotics helped reduce my financial concerns ), but once it heals up and I can walk again, I'll see if I can join everyone.
I'm sure I'll have questions going forward, and it looks like there's a great group of knowledgeable people here, so hopefully I won't come across as too much of a newbie.
Anyway, just wanted to say hi... so hi!

Welcome! We have a nearly identical story. I'm finishing my basement with a theater / 2 channel audio setup and added my first pin as well - and it was a T2! Crazy!

#9553 7 years ago

LTG ROCKS!

I just thought I'd drop a comment here after a great night at SS Billiards! I picked up my first pin a couple weeks ago and have been trying to get my brother-in-law into pinball as well. We decided to make a "quick" run up to SS Billiards to play a few games since it was the closest place to us - the quick trip turned into 3.5 hours. We had an absolute BLAST and LTG was a great host. No doubt we'll be back again

My favorite games of the night:
1. Attack from Mars
2. Hobbit
3. Medieval Madness
4. Twilight Zone
5. The Addams Family (tie)

It was also a treat to be able to play Big Bang Bar and Paxton Pinball!

My bro-in-laws favorites:
1. Walking Dead
2. Hobbit
3. Medieval Madness
4. The Addams Family
5. Twilight Zone

Thanks, LTG - keep doing what you do!

#9554 7 years ago

Nice theater! Sorry to hear about your leg. Get well soon.

Yesterday was great. Turnout was 30 between the main and side tournaments. It went as smoothly as I could have hoped. I had plenty of help. I plan on doing this again next year, though I heard one or two suggest doing it again in the fall. Once a year seems enough for me personally, but if I can get enough support from the manufacturers and maybe some beer vendors for next time, no problem, I would be happy to run one again. Heck, we might even get a single Wisconsin player to show next time.

#9555 7 years ago
Quoted from AudioHaven:

We decided to make a "quick" run up to SS Billiards to play a few games since it was the closest place to us

Thank you for stopping in. A pleasure to meet you and your brother-in-law ! Glad you had fun.
LTG : )

#9556 7 years ago

Hey Lloyd, I recall you saying you were getting a Batman 66. Did that arrive yet?

#9557 7 years ago
Quoted from barkerlake:

Hey Lloyd, I recall you saying you were getting a Batman 66. Did that arrive yet?

Not yet. Long story. I believe it may be in Fairless Hills PA waiting on a couple things. I have the new coin door and playfield protector here for it.

LTG : )

#9558 7 years ago

I just wanted to check if anyone is has a decent Skateball playfield or is planning a CPR Skateball Playfield swap and has a decent old playfield to sell. I picked up a major project Skateball and the playfield is pretty roached. I also need a backglass. Let me know if you have either. I'll be at the MGC and could pick up too (if somewhat local).

20170312_141646_resized (resized).jpg20170312_141646_resized (resized).jpg

#9560 7 years ago

Are you volunteering?

#9561 7 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

Are you volunteering?

if you are volunteering $1500 when you hand me that field. Sure. I can do it.

#9562 7 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

CPR Skateball

Email CPR. They had skateball up with a leftover price for the longest time.
If not there, starship fantasy.

#9563 7 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

I just wanted to check if anyone is has a decent Skateball playfield or is planning a CPR Skateball Playfield swap and has a decent old playfield to sell. I picked up a major project Skateball and the playfield is pretty roached. I also need a backglass. Let me know if you have either. I'll be at the MGC and could pick up too (if somewhat local).

If I score a CPR then I will have a decent original.

I also have a spare wall hanger original that looks slightly better than what you currently have but still pretty rough.

#9564 7 years ago

Good news: I received my first pin today!!!

Bad news: I already broke it!!! :'(

Hopefully someone can check this post and offer some ideas on how to fix it...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-clubmembers-only/page/98#post-3651113

Also: Is it ok to open the coin door and remove the top glass when the game's running?

#9565 7 years ago

Yes it's ok to do that.

#9566 7 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Congrats on scoring your first pin!
Too bad it went down so fast.

#9567 7 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Hopefully someone can check this post and offer some ideas on how to fix it...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-clubmembers-only/page/98#post-3651113
Also: Is it ok to open the coin door and remove the top glass when the game's running?

Congrats! Everyone on the forum is here for support and help! As I always say, it isn't pinball unless it's broke.

#9568 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Congrats! Everyone on the forum is here for support and help! As I always say, it isn't pinball unless it's broke.

With the price rises lately I think you mean; it isn't pinball unless YOU'RE broke.

#9569 7 years ago

Just a reminder, the Aerosmith Launch Party is coming up this Saturday (March 18th) at Sun Ray Lanes in St. Paul. All games will be on free play all day from noon to 10pm. Lots of prizes to give away via random draw, plus cash prizes and a Grand Champion Trophy too. Pre-register and save $5, plus get a personalized VIP backstage pass and lanyard for the event with your picture and name on it.

Pre-register via the link below...

http://www.mnpinballevents.com/

17265269_615971585259579_2672020189090337740_n (resized).jpg17265269_615971585259579_2672020189090337740_n (resized).jpg

#9570 7 years ago

Way to go Dave, getting past Fred in round one.

#9571 7 years ago

Looking for a WH20 in the area -- ping me with any leads?

#9572 7 years ago
Quoted from EmLover1970:

Way to go Dave, getting past Fred in round one.

Maya continues on also!

#9573 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If I score a CPR then I will have a decent original.

Thanks, keep me posted if you do get a new CPR.

#9574 7 years ago

I'm back in the market for an Xmen, preferably an LE. Anyone looking to sell?

#9575 7 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I'm back in the market for an Xmen, preferably an LE. Anyone looking to sell?

Good choice. Hard to find local when I was looking. Don't be afraid of a Pro if you can find one, it's just as great of a game as the LE.

#9576 7 years ago

Yeah I'd be open to the pro too. I don't have a lot of time on this game and would love to give it a try.

#9577 7 years ago

Earthskaer FS or FT

Machine - For Trade
Used - shows wear, needs some work - “I purchased this game over 2 years ago but then found a clearcoated ES and purchased that one instead of cleaning this up. It sat till now in my temp controlled storage. I was goi...”
2017-03-17
Madison, WI
Trade
Archived after: 3 days
Viewed: 559 times

#9578 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Earthskaer FS or FT

Machine - For Trade
For trade or sale: Earthshaker 2000oboNew!Used, needs some work “I purchased this game over 2 years ago but then found a clearcoated ES and purchased that one instead of cleaning this up. It sat till now in my temp controlled storage.

I was goi...”
4 hours ago Madison, WI
Trade
Whysnow

PM sent

#9579 7 years ago

I'll be in Madison all next week for work. Where are the best spots to play?

#9580 7 years ago
Quoted from No_Skill:

I'll be in Madison all next week for work. Where are the best spots to play?

www.madisonpinball.com

All your pinball needs.
29 games on route, all the newest stuff (Hobbit, Aliens, Aerosmith), all the classics (TAF, AFM, IJ, FT), plus tons of other fun decks.

We also take lots of pride in keeping them running well.

Come on out to Maria's on next Thursday for the first monthly meet up at that new location.

#9581 7 years ago

Awesome. Thanks for the info.

#9582 7 years ago
Quoted from No_Skill:

Awesome. Thanks for the info.

pm me if there is a specific night you plan to be out on the East side. I would be happy to meet up for a beer and some pinball if my schedule allows.

cheers

#9583 7 years ago

Whysnow
I might look you up in a couple weeks. Going to be going to The IMAX.

#9584 7 years ago

Awesome turnout for the launch party today. Over 60 people came out and we had 48 people play in the tournament. Random draw prizes will be drawn soon, so all the winners will be contacted via e-mail and those winners will be posted as well.

#9585 7 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Awesome turnout for the launch party today. Over 60 people came out and we had 48 people play in the tournament. Random draw prizes will be drawn soon, so all the winners will be contacted via e-mail and those winners will be posted as well.

Awesome! Still bummed I couldn't go.

#9586 7 years ago

Hi Everybody,

There's a sad space in my row of machines that needs to be filled. I'm looking for one of the following: The Walking Dead (Pro), Whitewater, Johnny Mnemonic, GoT (Pro), or Spider-Man Vault edition. Players condition would be totally fine as long as price reflects condition. Would want to see the machine in person before buying, and so within four hours driving distance of Madison, WI would be preferred (MGC pickup possible). Could also be within an hour of Minneapolis since I have someone there who could examine and pick up the machine for me there. Thanks!

#9587 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

http://www.madisonpinball.com
All your pinball needs.
29 games on route, all the newest stuff (Hobbit, Aliens, Aerosmith), all the classics (TAF, AFM, IJ, FT), plus tons of other fun decks.
We also take lots of pride in keeping them running well.
Come on out to Maria's on next Thursday for the first monthly meet up at that new location.

Looks like my hotel is 7 minutes from Alt and 3 minutes from Pooley's, which is nice.

#9588 7 years ago

I have a Chexx for sale in the market place if anyone is interested

Other - For Sale
“I have a Chexx Hockey game that is for sale. The Dome, playfield & all the men are all brand new. Game is fully working. $1500”
2017-03-19
Appleton, WI
Archived after: 21 days
Viewed: 507 times

#9589 7 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Whysnow
I might look you up in a couple weeks. Going to be going to The IMAX.

keep me posted

#9590 7 years ago
Quoted from No_Skill:

Looks like my hotel is 7 minutes from Alt and 3 minutes from Pooley's, which is nice.

nice

I am pretty busy but will for sure be hanging at Maria's on Thursday

#9591 7 years ago

Hi all, I'm new to the MN Twin Cities area again. I moved here from California and lived here for 10 years, moved to Los Angeles 4 years ago and now I'm back again. I hope I get to meet more of you this time around.

#9592 7 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

Hi all, I'm new to the MN Twin Cities area again. I moved here from California and lived here for 10 years, moved to Los Angeles 4 years ago and now I'm back again. I hope I get to meet more of you this time around.

Hi Goalie, nice to have you back. Your welcome to come over and play sometime. Your about 40 minutes away.

#9593 7 years ago

Welcome!

#9594 7 years ago

Thanks, I'm very happy to be back.

#9595 7 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

Thanks, I'm very happy to be back.

lovely weather here, right?

#9596 7 years ago

Eh, I'll take this weather over the taxes and cost of living there.

#9597 7 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

Eh, I'll take this weather over the taxes and cost of living there.

Yeah and here you can actually breath the air.

#9598 7 years ago

I just played an insane game of T2, scoring 466,523,190! I was in a groove and felt like I couldn't miss a shot. Was so much fun!!

On a separate note, John Ross from Pinball Plus is coming out next week to fix my few issues and show me how to do it going forward. Seemed like the thing to do since I have limited mobility due to the ankle for another month or two.

#9599 7 years ago

Just listed my Gottlieb Black Hole for sale for anyone interested.

Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “I've had this Black Hole about 5 years and did all the ground mods and replaced all the recommended caps and rectifiers to bullet proof it.-it has been a very solid and reliable ga...”
2017-03-28
Sauk City, WI
1,700 (OBO)
Archived after: 0 days
Viewed: 186 times

#9600 7 years ago

Dialed In! Now available to play in Madison at both Schwoegler's and Alt Brew until end of day Wednesday, April 5. Then they'll be headed off to MGC. HUGE thanks to KingPin for making them available! Got to play just a little bit before heading out, but these shoot really smooth! Photos from the Schwoegler's location.

Dialed In!Dialed In!
Concourse lineupConcourse lineup
Bar lineupBar lineup

There are 20,726 posts in this topic. You are on page 192 of 415.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread/page/192?hl=audiohaven and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.