1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png

There are 20,668 posts in this topic. You are on page 190 of 414.
#9451 7 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Nice looking tommy. I see you installed star post for the slingshots and lane bumpers. I have been working on shopping a tommy for a month or so and have the stars on the slings. How do you like them on the lane bumpers?
FortyTwo

I didn't install those. I think the previous owner did. I prefer the DE harder rubber style. But that's what I was used to.

#9452 7 years ago

Back to Minnesota: Visited Can Can Wonderland today. Really was a bad time for the change machine to be out. No dollar acceptors on the pins.

Finally got to play Bally's Rapid Fire. Very difficult game with the side tanks.
They have a good mix of EM(most of the pins) & early SS & a few DMD games(TZ, TAF, Maverick). The downside is 50 cents for an EM machine? 1 buck for Centaur? A bit strange. There's also a handful of mechanical arcade games.

Didn't see any operator card on any of the aprons. Their pinball offering could be a bit better with the pricing. A lot better with a working change machine(or 2 change machines).

#9453 7 years ago

Hello to my Wisconsin/Chicago friends!

Are any of you guys driving down to the Texas Pinball Festival?

I want to make an order from Terry at Pinball life, some stuff that is expensive to ship internationally like some lockdown bars etc. I can pop them in my luggage in Texas and take them home with me.

If anyone can bring them down for me you'd have my eternal gratitude and also beers from me at the bar.

Let me know if you can help out!

Cheers
Dave.

#9454 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I want to make an order from Terry at Pinball life, some stuff that is expensive to ship internationally like some lockdown bars etc. I can pop them in my luggage in Texas and take them home with me.
If anyone can bring them down for me you'd have my eternal gratitude and also beers from me at the bar.
Cheers
Dave.

Dave, a bunch of people from the area (including Terry) are going, I'm just not sure if any of them are driving to be able to bring extra supplies.

#9455 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Cheers
Dave.

I think kingpin is driving. reach out to him. good dude

#9456 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Cheers
Dave.

Charlie, Bug, Pauly B and I are driving down. We won't be going past pinball life though. Although, i will be going past in sometime in the next month. if you get the order together with terry, i am sure i can pick it up and bring it with.

Edit, hilton beat me to it by 25 seconds

#9457 7 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Charlie, Bug, Pauly B and I are driving down. We won't be going past pinball life though. Although, i will be going past in sometime in the next month. if you get the order together with terry, i am sure i can pick it up and bring it with.
Edit, hilton beat me to it by 25 seconds

Super sweet!

I'll sort it out in the next day and be in touch.

Pinside for the win!

Dave.

#9458 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Pinside for the win!

you mean.

cool WI dudes for the win!

#9459 7 years ago

slugfest is sold.

I still have a nice fully working triple strike with 50% of a backglass for sale for $300. Not a bad EM and only needs a glass, which John greatwich does make if you need one.

#9460 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

you mean.
cool WI dudes for the win!

Yeah!

rd

#9461 7 years ago

My brother has a Slugfest if there is any interest. Has topper and card dispenser. Only problem I know of is it does have a little cab fade. $1150 cash. He doesn't want trades but I could pay him cash and take a trade for myself. Located in Wausau WI.

#9462 7 years ago

Looking for a data east royal rumble

#9463 7 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

Back to Minnesota: Visited Can Can Wonderland today. Really was a bad time for the change machine to be out. No dollar acceptors on the pins.
Finally got to play Bally's Rapid Fire. Very difficult game with the side tanks.
They have a good mix of EM(most of the pins) & early SS & a few DMD games(TZ, TAF, Maverick). The downside is 50 cents for an EM machine? 1 buck for Centaur? A bit strange. There's also a handful of mechanical arcade games.
Didn't see any operator card on any of the aprons. Their pinball offering could be a bit better with the pricing. A lot better with a working change machine(or 2 change machines).

I just got back playing Maverick for the first time. Pretty fun pin, was really digging the music...though I'm sure it would get old fast.

TZ was turned off (it was playing rough the last time I was there) I'm hoping they get some more System 11's or DMD's. I love that it's in the neighborhood.

#9464 7 years ago

Anyone have any of the following pins they would think about letting go to a new collector? I need something to go next to my Centigrade 37 (first and only pin).

Gold strike
EBD
Jungle princess / queen
Harlem Globetrotter

#9465 7 years ago

Star Tribune: Pinball is making a comeback in the Twin Cities — but is it here to stay?
http://www.startribune.com/pinball-is-making-a-comeback-in-the-twin-cities-but-is-it-here-to-stay/414989514/#1

#9466 7 years ago

Star Tribune: New Minneapolis bar thinks it's found the perfect combo: pinball and hot dogs
http://www.startribune.com/new-minneapolis-bar-think-it-s-found-the-perfect-combo-pinball-and-hot-dogs/413178843/

#9467 7 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

but is it here to stay?

We'll know in two or three years. Barcades are hot right now. Once the new wears off, we'll see how fast they change format and what of pinball remains.

LTG : )

#9468 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

We'll know in two or three years. Barcades are hot right now. Once the new wears off, we'll see how fast they change format and what of pinball remains.

If they were smart they would have come and talked to you, Lloyd. If there's anyone that has seen the changes over the past 40 years and would probably know the most about this topic, it would be you.

#9469 7 years ago
Quoted from princea56001:

If they were smart they would have come and talked to you, Lloyd.

No, I've never run a liquor bar.

I have seen the trends where something is hot, gets done to death, fades away and leaves everyone looking for the next messiah.

I just keep living through it.

#9470 7 years ago

I suppose groaning about that article wouldn't make any difference. How hard can it be to do a little research before saying Stern is the only company making machines?

#9471 7 years ago

I was thinking the same thing

#9472 7 years ago

I sold my Dr. Dude to D&G pinball. Happy to sell to such a great dude (SuperDude?). It might pop up at his new arcade "Tilt" opening this spring in Minneapolis. He may or may not have told me he purchased a Radical! Get hyped.

#9473 7 years ago

My neighbors dad used to have a Stern Stars years ago. He doesn't have that but stopped by my house and said he was looking for a new (to him) game for the grandkids etc. No specific game in mind but it needs to have some fun things to shoot at, ramps and such. I mentioned my Gladiators but if anyone has a game $500-1500 ish let me know. He is near the brainerd area, but I'd be willing to take a game clean/fix and bring it to him.

#9474 7 years ago

Copied from other thread

Good afternoon,
I am reaching out to you today as your local Jersey Jack Pinball (JJP) distributor with an offer to help you get these amazing machines (Wizard of Oz, The Hobbit, Dialed In!) into your locations for as cheap as possible. I am willing to cut a substantial price from the msrp in trade for a little marketing help from you.
Since JJP has asked us not to show written offer for less than msrp, you will have to call me to discuss, but i can tell you that they are the lowest you will find.
To answer some of the questions you will have, here are the terms.
* Machine must stay on location and working for a minimum of 1 year (can be moved from location to location, but must be active)
* Operator must send in weekly / monthly location earnings with a breakdown of each machine in the location in cash terms or total plays (if it is a place that is on a cover charge and free game play) (pinball and non pinball)
* Operator must keep a KingPin Games postcard / business card on the apron of each JJP machine for the term of one year for marketing purposes.
* Operator must provide service / maintenance logs for each JJP machine to help with service issues
I am also going to offer a credit of $100 per machine sold for each JJP machine sold to the private home if they state they played it on said location. This credit can then be used for your next JJP purchase through KingPin Games.
Let me know if you are interested in looking further into this offer.
If not, we do have over 800 machines in stock. Brand NEW Coast to Coast cranes, used darts, redemption, drivers, videos, etc, etc. We are also looking to purchase machines that are just taking up space in your warehouse.
We are located about 15 minutes from Wisconsin Dells in North Freedom, WI.
let me know if you have any questions
I picked these 4 states as i feel that i can provide adequate service in the field if needed. If you are in a state further away, give me a call and we can discuss other possibilities.
Christopher
KingPin Games
S6234 County Road PF
North Freedom, WI 53951
608-393-2299 cell
http://www.KingPinGames.net
[email protected]

#9475 7 years ago

Good idea Chris!

#9476 7 years ago

from other thread also

Just wanted to say that we bought our Hobbit for route form KingPin and Chris has been spectaculor to work with! Excellent customer service! He is also an actuall pinhead and gives back and supports the community onf a regular basis.
If anyone deserves your game dollars it is Chris! Plain and simple the guy busts his hump to take multiple games to TPF, MGC, and is a BIG supporter of the largest charity event in the region, Mad Rollin Pinball.
Simply put, the guys gives back in a big way and we are lucky to have him in the community. It is not just a business like some of the other distros. It is a passion and a life long family operation.
Even though you buying a game means more competition for us please support Chris when you do it!

#9477 7 years ago

There's a new game in town...

FB_IMG_1488495144727 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1488495144727 (resized).jpg

#9478 7 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

It was a fun game!!!! Loved watching the ball lock shot

#9479 7 years ago

Wow! Congrats on the new pin!!!

#9480 7 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

First in our area to get one. Nice.

#9481 7 years ago

Triple strike I have for sale now has a backglass. $650 Fully working, new rubber.

d539c96c43df2e33b0552c0b7755a83173195a30 (resized).jpgd539c96c43df2e33b0552c0b7755a83173195a30 (resized).jpg

fa66d70817d056e3a0d91980b3fe0a1d2cdcba4a (resized).jpgfa66d70817d056e3a0d91980b3fe0a1d2cdcba4a (resized).jpg

d375001aed910a9758174449e79b53ff826a92bf (resized).jpgd375001aed910a9758174449e79b53ff826a92bf (resized).jpg

IMG_8197 (resized).jpgIMG_8197 (resized).jpg

IMG_8198 (resized).jpgIMG_8198 (resized).jpg

IMG_8200 (resized).jpgIMG_8200 (resized).jpg

b25a60647e90b91503b9d4b274dbb57fa7e70f65 (resized).jpgb25a60647e90b91503b9d4b274dbb57fa7e70f65 (resized).jpg

#9482 7 years ago

I got 4 games in on Aerosmith this afternoon. It's a lot like Kiss. Choose a song, certain shots are lit for that song and hitting them in succession awards a multiplier for the next shot. Getting far into songs lights something special for each song, like Super Ramps for Walk This Way. Hit Jacky to light lock, 3 balls locked can start a multiball, but you can pass on it to get up to 6 balls in play and more scoring. Left and right orbit elevator shots light locks for Elevator multiball. Much like Kiss, it seems that starting a mode and then multiball is key for big scoring so far. Crank It Up lights at the scoop, but currently just awards 500,000 points. Spelling AEROSMITH with the side stand up targets lights 2x scoring for 20 seconds. Animations for me were much better in person than when I first saw them online. I thought it was fun and it looks nice for sure. I am definitely interested in playing it more and it's certainly worth a trip to check out.

#9483 7 years ago

That Triple Strike looks nice!

#9484 7 years ago

What is the skill shot on Aerosmith?

#9485 7 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

What is the skill shot on Aerosmith?

There isn't one like KISS as far as I could tell so far.

#9486 7 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Is this your new home game or one on route?

#9487 7 years ago
Quoted from Barkz:

That Triple Strike looks nice!

it is nice shape all around. backglass isn't the best, but I had to take what I could find. The original backglass was really nice. I have half of that one yet. I'll include that as well.

#9488 7 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Strange the flyer mentioned a skill shot.

#9489 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Is this your new home game or one on route?

It's at Mortimers. I have never bought a NIB game before.

#9490 7 years ago

Sneak in skill shot.

IMG_4823 (resized).JPGIMG_4823 (resized).JPG

#9491 7 years ago

Anyone try short-plunging the Toys "Lock" shot on the Pro?

Here's video of it being done on the Premium (starts at the 1 hour, 17 minute, 36 second mark):

#9492 7 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Anyone try short-plunging the Toys "Lock" shot on the Pro?
Here's video of it being done on the Premium (starts at the 1 hour, 17 minute, 36 second mark):
» YouTube video

works on the pro also

#9493 7 years ago

the short plunge to lock is the skill shot. it's on the pro I played.

#9494 7 years ago

Thanks everyone for how fun Wauna was again this year. I bowed out early, but it isn't always about that. Had a great time.

#9495 7 years ago

Tully always puts on a great competition!

#9496 7 years ago
Quoted from EmLover1970:

Thanks everyone for how fun Wauna was again this year. I bowed out early, but it isn't always about that. Had a great time.

great time and fun hanging with you Chris. See you next month at MGC!

#9497 7 years ago

for those that did not stick around, final 4 was

one of the MN guys
Me
Tom
Ryan S

Fun playing with you all.

Luke was on fire all day. I knew when I put up 240+mil on GB in finals and got beat that I was done for.

#9498 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Luke was on fire all day. I knew when I put up 240+mil on GB in finals and got beat that I was done for.

It can be murder to have to play against Ben, John, Luke, Terry, Adam at every MN event.

#9499 7 years ago
Quoted from EmLover1970:

It can be murder to have to play against Ben, John, Luke, Terry, Adam at every MN event.

Add yourself in there. Life as a MN B lister is rough.

#9500 7 years ago

think it's rough there. Try playing in chicago.

Josh S
Zac S
Roger S
Dave H
Lyman
Josh H
Art
Jason W

and Keith is down there too

There are 20,668 posts in this topic. You are on page 190 of 414.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread/page/190?hl=audiohaven and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.