1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png

There are 20,670 posts in this topic. You are on page 188 of 414.
#9351 7 years ago
Quoted from barkerlake:

Wait, Sun Ray has a Starship Troopers?

Sorry... just caught that. If you can let me know the initials for Star Trek, I'll be glad to edit my original post… actually I'll do that anyway.

#9352 7 years ago

I have 3 of the Spike shaker motors spoken for so I can get at least 15% off but I'm looking for a 4th so we can get 25% off. Any one else local want to get in on the group buy?

#9353 7 years ago
Quoted from barkerlake:

Wait, Sun Ray has a Starship Troopers?

It did three years ago.

#9354 7 years ago
Quoted from EmLover1970:

It did three years ago.

No wait, it had an Independence Day, not SST.

#9355 7 years ago

well that's a big difference. SST is actually a great game. ID4 not so much.

#9356 7 years ago

3 years ago Blainbrook had a Starship Troopers...I miss that game

#9357 7 years ago
Quoted from janus:

3 years ago Blainbrook had a Starship Troopers...I miss that game

come down to Madison and play it. On route at Alt Brew. i love it!

#9358 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

My son just got accepted to UW Madison for the fall... so along with my daughter who is already there, I'll have more reasons to visit. I'll need to review the thread for all of the names/addreses of your locations. Feel free to PM me the list or post them again here for reference if that's easier.

#9359 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

My son just got accepted to UW Madison for the fall... so along with my daughter who is already there, I'll have more reasons to visit. I'll need to review the thread for all of the names/addreses of your locations. Feel free to PM me the list or post them again here for reference if that's easier.

Is it bad that I can probably list off by memory? lol

Here's their website. It has their locations and pins
http://www.madisonpinball.com/

BTW, congrats on your son getting into UW! Coming from an alumni, when you say Wisconsin, you've said it all! On Wisconsin!

#9360 7 years ago

Thanks for the link. Alum here as well. So many reasons to head back to Mad-town these days. Madison Pinball is just the icing on the cake!!

#9361 7 years ago

Was excited to see a Baywatch in one of the pics... but then realized it must have been an old pic, because not listed anywhere that I could see. Bummer, been looking to play one lately.

#9362 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Was excited to see a Baywatch in one of the pics... but then realized it must have been an old pic, because not listed anywhere that I could see. Bummer, been looking to play one lately.

yeah, that one is back at home.

We do have some new and exciting things coming up in the next few months and we try to rotate games pretty regularly.

I try to keep the website and info up to date, but photos are not always spot on.

#9363 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Keenan's Bar in St. Paul has a Baywatch.

http://pinballmap.com/twincities/?by_location_id=3347

#9364 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

yeah, that one is back at home.
... we try to rotate games pretty regularly.

IMG_2881 (resized).PNGIMG_2881 (resized).PNG

And thanks Les... will have to stop by soon.

#9365 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

And thanks Les... will have to stop by soon.

always a chance. Amazingly that is a game a few of the rgulars have asked to bring back out. I am waiting on my color display to arrive and may install then take it back out at some point.

I have also offered the game to Chad as he is revising the code, so that may mean it goes to him instead.

#9366 7 years ago

Whoa. 3 blocks or so from home. Was T3 the last time I was in.

#9367 7 years ago

I might have to check that out.

#9368 7 years ago

I got a 4th order for the Spike shaker group buy so we'll be getting them for $75 each + shipping. If I order 5 or 6 we get 35% off so that would be $65 each + shipping. So are there anymore takers?

#9369 7 years ago

Anyone looking to get rid of an XMEN LE or a Tron Pro?

#9370 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

PinZap - where are you located?

#9371 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

always a chance. Amazingly that is a game a few of the rgulars have asked to bring back out. I am waiting on my color display to arrive and may install then take it back out at some point.
I have also offered the game to Chad as he is revising the code, so that may mean it goes to him instead.

While you're working on Baywatch mods, why not add a Shaker motor? https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-shaker-motor-kit-never-had-a-better-day

#9372 7 years ago
Quoted from EmLover1970:

I might have to check that out.

Since I've lived nearby they've had:
Indiana Jones (Stern)
X-Files
T3
and now Baywatch.

I've never gone and had the machines be unplayable, but there's typically been a thing or two annoying going on. Can't imagine it's the operator's bread and butter location.

Around Mort's level of dive barishness.

If you're in the neighborhood though - check "The Spot" on Randolph. Cool as Hell little neighborhood bar with a single table. Tilts set tighter than they should be, but I've never had issues with the machines working. Party Zone there the last time I went on election night.

edit - pinball map says Party Zone out of order as of Nov. 11th. No idea if that's still the case.

#9373 7 years ago

not a fan of shakers for the most part. They shake shit loose and I find them distracting rather than enhancing to the pinball experience.

#9374 7 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Anyone looking to get rid of an XMEN LE or a Tron Pro?

PM sent.

#9375 7 years ago

I should clarify I'm looking for a Magneto version of Xmen LE. I like the red.

#9376 7 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Since I've lived nearby they've had:
Indiana Jones (Stern)
X-Files
T3
and now Baywatch.
I've never gone and had the machines be unplayable, but there's typically been a thing or two annoying going on.

That's because those are Ed Hansen's games. Same Ed from Rocco's Pizza where he has 3 in his lobby. He cares and takes care of them, but I don't think he has the technical expertise of someone like John Galvin or Tony Policano.

#9377 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

not a fan of shakers for the most part. They shake shit loose and I find them distracting rather than enhancing to the pinball experience.

I second that they shake off nuts and stuff. I don't know why people around here are so ape shit about them. There are only about 5 games ever that a shaker, enchances and used correctly in a game theme. Everything else is just stupid. Like the shaker in LOTR. WTF. Why? I've had it, it was stupid. No business being in there.

#9378 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I don't know why people around here are so ape shit about them.

I like it on LAH - good tactical feedback for multi-ball so you know when to shoot for the crane without looking; the magnets keep me focused by the flippers.
BW I like the action it give you in the pop-bumpers - all the other things that trigger it in BW are very short and can hardly be noticed.
LOTR and most Sterns where it is an "add-on" I have to agree - the coding is an afterthought so that they can sell another option.

#9379 7 years ago

Ok I have orders for 5 so we'll get them for $65 + shipping. Anyone else for a Spike shaker?

#9380 7 years ago
Quoted from PTHermes:

PinZap - where are you located?

Thought it was visible on my profile, but will double check settings to make sure it's not hidden. Sartell, MN - just on the north side of St Cloud. Would love to see a barcade open in central Minnesota so I wouldn't have to make the 1 to 1.5 hr trip to the twin cities locations.

#9381 7 years ago

I might make a trip down Friday afternoon to play some pinball. Coming down I35 from Duluth/Cloquet. Other than SS Billiards (I'll probably stop there, it's been a few years since I've been in there), where else has some decent pins, staying on the north side of the cites? Thanks,

TPM

#9382 7 years ago
Quoted from ThePostmaster:

SS Billiards (I'll probably stop there, it's been a few years since I've been in there)

Been a few changes since your last visit. Hope you can stop in.

Have a safe journey.

LTG : )

#9383 7 years ago
Quoted from ThePostmaster:

I might make a trip down Friday afternoon to play some pinball. Coming down I35 from Duluth/Cloquet. Other than SS Billiards (I'll probably stop there, it's been a few years since I've been in there), where else has some decent pins, staying on the north side of the cites? Thanks,
TPM

North side, Blainbrook has the biggest selection. East side, Sun Ray Lanes is really nice, with about 13 games and St. Paul has just opened up Can Can Wonderland with lots of EMs. In Minneapolis, Mortimer's has about 10 including Batman 66 and then there is Caffetto's and Up Down really close bye too.

For any specific games you are looking for or other locations there is always the Pinball Map...

http://pinballmap.com/twincities.com

#9384 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

My friends and I go to Madison to play the Pins Hilton has on location. The pins in Milwaukee are usually not well maintained. You Madison guys take great care of your pins! Worth the trip, everytime!!

#9386 7 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

My friends and I go to Madison to play the Pins Hilton has on location. The pins in Milwaukee are usually not well maintained. You Madison guys take great care of your pins! Worth the trip, everytime!!

thanks for the kind words!

worth note, i am just the vocal prick, but Sean and Garrett are equal parts Madison Pinball and every bit as responsible for the maintainence and upkeep of the games. I would not be part of this without them and just want to make sure they get to share in the praise. You are more likely to catch them out over at Schwoeglers as they are both westsiders.

#9387 7 years ago

Anywhere to play in Stephens point / plover this weekend? Going up for central waters anniversary tomorrow night. Driving up this afternoon...

#9388 7 years ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

Anywhere to play in Stephens point / plover this weekend? Going up for central waters anniversary tomorrow night. Driving up this afternoon...

Guus on Main in Point has GB and down the road Politos Pizza has Mustang. There will be two more pinheads, one from that area at Central Waters.

#9389 7 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Guus on Main in Point has GB and down the road Politos Pizza has Mustang. There will be two more pinheads, one from that area at Central Waters.

We are going to hit up guus before Oso tonight. Have early access tickets to cw tomorrow so who knows how that's gonna go. Anyone on here that wants to meet up at cw shoot me a pm!

#9390 7 years ago

Huh. I missed this last night. I was at Guus and it was packed. Enjoyed a few PBR on tap before dinner.
We're you one of the two guys playing GB at around 6:30-7:00 ish?
There's also an iron man at whitetail lanes in Amherst.

I know there's a couple more downtown but I normally play those two.

#9391 7 years ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

We are going to hit up guus before Oso tonight. Have early access tickets to cw tomorrow so who knows how that's gonna go. Anyone on here that wants to meet up at cw shoot me a pm!

No tickets.

#9392 7 years ago

I tried and failed. Sorry

#9393 7 years ago

Yeah, we got out of there round 5 or so. Had to head to Oso to check in with those kids. Hopefully we will be in decent condition when the masses arrive today!

#9394 7 years ago

I have listed a one owner HUO KISS Premium with Stern KISS topper with light defuser, mirror blades and outlane/sling protector for sale for $6300 on a few local sites. Game has 80 plays and is perfect. Contact me if interested.

#9395 7 years ago

My collection is full up and then some. Ready to sell a few of my EM pins. All are nice players and priced right to sell . Listed on Wisconsin Pinball. Anybody that finds the ad due to seeing this post here and it leads to an eventual sale - I'll make a donation here to Pinside.

Spanish Eyes, Winner, Doodle Bug, Hi Lo Ace

Thanks

#9396 7 years ago

Eastside Survivor Pinball Event this Saturday (2/4), 2:00pm at Sun Ray Lanes in St. Paul.

This month we are adding lots of prize giveaways. They will be random draw, so don't feel you need to play well to win. Prizes include; $$$, $25 Gift Certificate, Metallica pinball translite, Stern Star Trek pinball key chain collections, Stern pinball flyer collections and more...in addition to FREE pizza for all the players! It's a fun, casual atmosphere event open to all skill levels. We had a few new faces last month that had a great time, so if you are on the fence about coming, give it a try.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1797292170534818/

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#9397 7 years ago

Speaking of EMs for sale - I'm in the market. (And while I'm in the "Spanish Eyes" has awesome artwork camp, it's a bit far distance wise.)

So - any EMs you want to sell - say within say 2 hours of the twin cities?

Don't have any particular titles in mind - I'm more concerned with whether it's fun to bang around on.

Things I would prefer but aren't deal breakers:
2 or 4 player game preferred, or add-a-ball though I understand most of those were 1 player.
Drop targets - the more the better. Specifically if the banks reset upon being completed.
At least one spinner.

Players condition fine - as long as it's fully working.

PM me with what you have if you're interested thanks.

edit - Lordloss suggested checking Pinball Warehouse, which had completely slipped my mind. Will likely check it out this weekend.

#9398 7 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Eastside Survivor Pinball Event this Saturday (2/4), 2:00pm at Sun Ray Lanes in St. Paul.
This month we are adding lots of prize giveaways. They will be random draw, so don't feel you need to play well to win. Prizes include; $$$, $25 Gift Certificate, Metallica pinball translite, Stern Star Trek pinball key chain collections, Stern pinball flyer collections and more...in addition to FREE pizza for all the players! It's a fun, casual atmosphere event open to all skill levels. We had a few new faces last month that had a great time, so if you are on the fence about coming, give it a try.
https://www.facebook.com/events/1797292170534818/

Entry fee?

#9399 7 years ago

$5

Edit - plus coin drop for the machines.

#9400 7 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

$5
Edit - plus coin drop for the machines.

Wow. Very reasonable.
In fact, that's not even enough to cover the free pizza.
With such a low entry fee it is obvious that the emphasis is about getting people out and enjoying themselves.
Nice.

There are 20,670 posts in this topic. You are on page 188 of 414.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread/page/188 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.