1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png

There are 17,325 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 347.
#753 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

I'm with you. More talk than play. I think Eric and I got more games in on his Tron Friday night and in the AM before the show opened than the rest of the time we were there. Seeing your beautiful example is one reason I would love to own one.
Neo. Your Atlantis was amazing. Thanks for bringing it and taking the time to walk through the rules and explaining more about the machine. Now I want one.
Did everyone meet Tony (tonymiddendorf). To refresh your memory and his; he was walking around with the 4litre jug of RED wine on Saturday. Also important to note at the end of the night his white Tshirt was still white and spotless. Now that's a "Pro".
Best year yet. Stay safe this year so we can see you all again next year.
Chris

Thanks for the compliment on Atlantis. We met Tony when he could barely stand and again the next day when we got to reintroduce ourselves for the first time again. He was actually in good shape which is shocking from the night before. Good times.

#754 8 years ago

Pinball Circus coming up weekend after next ( Easter ).

LTG : )

#755 8 years ago

tell me more about this circus.

I am comtemplating a trek to one of the upcoming events (MI expo, pin at the zoo, or circus)

#757 8 years ago

any more info? website is somewhat vauge.

$25 for both Sat and Sun. Circus on Sat, Freeplay on Sun.

Is it tournaments on Sat and free play on Sunday? What is the tournament style?

#758 8 years ago

Worth mentioning to the locals. Please let me know if anyone knows of a Bally Atlantis FS. After playing Neo's perfect example it is officialy on the wish list (hopefully everyone else still thinks it is a turd and the price stays reasonable).

Knowing Neo's hate for FT I tried to jokingly trade him straight up for Atlantis. I think he tought it was funny.

#759 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am comtemplating a trek to one of the upcoming events (MI expo, pin at the zoo, or circus)

Come on over Hilton, Circus is a 2day event of fun. Bring a game or two

From what I recall, the games are all on freeplay (except for Lloyds Golden Tee). Some games are there for sale, most are just there for play. The tourneys were running on saturday, not sure if they were on sunday too.

#760 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It is two days of fun at my business SS Billiards in Hopkins, MN.

$25 entrance fee covers all pinball stuff both days.

Saturday noon to midnight or later. All pinball machines on free play. One ball TOPS tournaments on the Stern pins. Goose Egg Event. ( one winner each event ending at midnight for $20 ) Survivor Pinball Tournament, ( one winner $100 ) and Pinball Circus Pinball Tournament. ( $200 first place, $50 second place and $50 consolation bracket winner ) And pop and hot dogs all day and pizza from Pizza Lucé every two hours.

Sunday noon to 10pm. All pinball machines on free play. 2pm The Crazy Joe Esposito Pinball Tournament for $100. 4pm The Pinball Masters Tournament $200 first place, $50 second place and $50 consolation bracket winner.

More machines are brought into the event by people wishing to sell games. If you bring in a game you get one free entry and $20 for each machine. This increases the games. And gives people a good opportunity to sell a game to a crowd largely made up of pinball enthusiasts and saves dealing with shipping or strangers at your house.

#761 8 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

From what I recall, the games are all on freeplay (except for Lloyds Golden Tee).

All pinball machines are on free play both days. Not the vending machine or my video games. ( it is a pinball event )

#762 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'll be there. Josh and I are in the process of coming up with a game plan to bring a couple of machines.

Does anyone have a preference on me bringing Starship Troopers or Goldeneye?

#763 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You're welcome to crash at my place if you come. I'm about 25 minutes south of Lloyd's.

#764 8 years ago
Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

I'll be there. Josh and I are in the process of coming up with a game plan to bring a couple of machines.

Bring Goldeneye. I have had my fill of SST at Blainbrook. I used to absolutely hate Goldeneye BITD, so this will be a good chance to re-evaluate.

#765 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I really wanted to make a return trip this year. I have a show that weekend that I have to do and even if I fly in on Sunday I wouldn't land until about 7:00PM. I'm having a hard time making that work in my head. How late do things go on the 7th?

LTG do you still do something in May? That month is wide open.

chris

#766 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

I really wanted to make a return trip this year. I have a show that weekend that I have to do and even if I fly in on Sunday I wouldn't land until about 7:00PM. I'm having a hard time making that work in my head. How late do things go on the 7th?

chris

Things end at 10pm on the 7th. So that isn't looking good.

Next one is October 12th & 13th.

I've stopped the other events. Crazy Joe, May Day Tournament, Friday after Thanksgiving Tournament, New Year's Day Tournaments. Interest has died off and no sense continuing them.

#767 8 years ago

I have got pretty strong commitments from 2 friends that they are bringing a police force and a whitewater for sale. I'll be bringing my Jokerz!

Quoted from ChrisS:

chris

Chris, I'll host a party in May My venue's not as big/awesome as Lloyds but I think it's alright.

#768 8 years ago

Bring the Goldeneye Tony. That's a game I really want to play!

#769 8 years ago

Yeah let's all get together in May.......that would be cool Jonogo if you want to host. I can help plan something with ya. Goldeneye

#770 8 years ago

I thought Steve was already planning a get-to-gether???

#771 8 years ago

Which Steve are we talking?

#772 8 years ago

I'm looking to host a first annual Pinball BBQ Party in May or June. I would like to do it over Memorial Weekend. The event will be a bbq party in our drive-in movie style backyard with a large movie screen, campfire, bbq and bevergages. We have space for over a hundred people. The downside at the moment is we only have two machines right now. What are my chances of getting people to bring games for the party? Getting games in would be easy with our walkout. We have space for ten machines in our game room. We can also place pins just outside the game room on the patio. The patio is about 25 feet long so plenty of space for pins backed up to the house. An outdoor tent is also an option as is a 25x10 room that was once our theater.

Thinking a start time around 5pm with an end time late in the evening. Our game room walks out to the patio and all the outdoor action so access to games is easy.

I spoke to Anna Newman and it looks like we will be screening her short films "Pinball Donut Girl" and "Pinball Artist: Wade Krause" at the party. We have a 16-foot screen in our outdoor theater so this would work well with the outdoor theme.

If we have this party, what would be needed to get people interested in bringing games? Do I need to roast a pig and make it free? Do you want a fee? I have no problem with either.

~Steve

#773 8 years ago

I am still down to cook for said party just give me advanced notice

#774 8 years ago

I would not mind bringing a game. If that weekend stays free for me then I'm in.

#775 8 years ago

hookers and blow

actually, I am interested in making the trek up if you manage to get it all together. I would guess more pinballs would be the best thing to get a bunch of pinheads to show up

#776 8 years ago

Iowa guy here sneaking in on this MI - WI thread.

#777 8 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

Iowa guy here sneaking in on this MI - WI thread.

Welcome but you brought Michigan with you?

#778 8 years ago

Josh, let me know if you go through with a May pinball party, I'll come visit my in-laws that weekend to score points with my wife and stop by your place.

#779 8 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Welcome but you brought Michigan with you?

Lol, MN. Sorry I wouldn't want MI here to be honest.

#780 8 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

I wouldn't want MI here to be honest.

Hey now, this is how 100yr wars start I always liked the yoopers though!

#781 8 years ago

The UP is part of WI... the maps have it all wrong.

#782 8 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

The UP is part of WI

I think they are mostly Packer fans so it makes sense.

#783 8 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

The UP is part of WI... the maps have it all wrong.

Isn't that part of Canada?

Quoted from roger0043:

Josh, let me know if you go through with a May pinball party, I'll come visit my in-laws that weekend to score points with my wife and stop by your place.

Sure thing Roger

#784 8 years ago

Isn't that part of Canada?

No way Eh!

images-1.jpeg

#785 8 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

Chris, I'll host a party in May My venue's not as big/awesome as Lloyds but I think it's alright.

Count me in. What happened to you on Sunday at MGC? You guys head for home early on?

Chris

#786 8 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

We can also place pins just outside the game room on the patio. The patio is about 25 feet long so plenty of space for pins backed up to the house. An outdoor tent is also an option as is a 25x10 room that was once our theater.

Steve- I like everything you're saying except for the possibility of placing games outside. Unless I bring a total beater, I'd prefer it were indoors.

Feel free to contact me personally if you'd like me to help out. I'm ready to help make this event happen!

#787 8 years ago

That is great to hear. Let's sync up offline and see what we can do.

I'm ready to help make this event happen!

Putting machines outside the game room on the patio was just an idea to keep machines close in proximity. We have plenty of space inside the basement for pins. I'll contact you direct so we can discuss further.

Steve- I like everything you're saying except for the possibility of placing games outside.

There will be a reward system for everyone that brings a pin. Maybe you can help put that together.

#788 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Count me in. What happened to you on Sunday at MGC? You guys head for home early on?

Chris

I asked my son "So what do you want to do today" on sunday.. his reply was "Daddy, I'm ready to hit the road". So we ate bfast and hit the road. He was not looking forward to the 5hrs on the road, but he wanted to get home to see his pets

I'll keep everyone posted on any get togethers, I'm not gonna go up against Steve's party

#789 8 years ago

More is better. Let's work together and see if we can schedule both. I'm hoping to see one or two of your games at my place for the party. Will make the effort worthwhile for anyone that brings a game.

Quoted from jonogo:

I'm not gonna go up against Steve's party

Cool beans. Will be nice to get some play time in together versus running around at MGC.

Quoted from ThePostmaster:

I might bring one, but it's not going to be RFM. It's too heavy!!

Sweet. Let me know what you might bring and I'll start a list.

Quoted from gr3456:

I would not mind bringing a game. If that weekend stays free for me then I'm in.!!

#790 8 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

I'm hoping to see one or two of your games at my place for the party. Will make the effort worthwhile for anyone that brings a game.

I'm not a big fan of moving pins ;P

#791 8 years ago

I might bring one, but it's not going to be RFM. It's too heavy!!

#792 8 years ago

Found a picture of Tony's dog... tony_s_dog.jpg

#793 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Found a picture of Tony's dog...

Amazing.

#794 8 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

That is great to hear. Let's sync up offline and see what we can do.

Putting machines outside the game room on the patio was just an idea to keep machines close in proximity. We have plenty of space inside the basement for pins. I'll contact you direct so we can discuss further.

There will be a reward system for everyone that brings a pin. Maybe you can help put that together.

If its in May I'm in. We will see I could drag the FG north. Or if the WOF hasn't made it to the basement it could be that.

Chris

#795 8 years ago

I'm up for bringing a game, but I do have to say the outdoor situation is a bit of a concern for me too. My machines are not 100% collector quality, but who the hell wants a sudden downpour killing any machine.

I'm bringing my Getaway to The Pinball Circus, hopefully I get to meet some of you guys there. I'll be the tall dude with 'long' hair.

#796 8 years ago

Bump to keep my favorite thread on Pinside going.

Rebuilt the flippers on my Goldeneye last night to get them geared up for Lloyd's Circus this weekend. Also swapped in the new DMD, so the display will be fresh as a daisy. LEDs in all GI lighting and most inserts, stripped to the posts and cleaned/waxed, went through boards-no major hacks (but I'm not a board expert or anything), working 100% including the satellite magnet and the between the flippers magnet, new rubbers, new balls. I'll have it for sale for $1,900. Hopefully we'll get it dropped off at LTG's early on Saturday.

That being said, anyone want an old gassy DMD? I was really stupid and forgot to take before/after pics. It displays everything, but it's certainly on its last legs. Lot's of poor shading and whatnot. I can bring it to Lloyd's this weekend if anyone wants it.

#797 8 years ago

My WH2O went to IL tonight.

#798 8 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Was that at MGC? First time I got to play a WH2O, super fun game, I really like ramps so no surprise that title tickled my fancy...

#799 8 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

That did not last long! Did you not like it?

#800 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Was that at MGC? First time I got to play a WH2O, super fun game, I really like ramps so no surprise that title tickled my fancy...

i picked up the one at MGC (unless there was more than one there)

There are 17,325 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 347.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside