1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png

There are 17,313 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 347.
#7751 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Wish I had a reason not to buy pins I don't have room for. I ended up buying 2 games from expo. I was out of room 13 pins ago.

First world problems

Whatcha buy?

#7752 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Wish I had a reason not to buy pins I don't have room for. I ended up buying 2 games from expo. I was out of room 13 pins ago.

I still don't see the problem ya, what did you get?!

#7753 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I still don't see the problem ya, what did you get?!

#7754 6 years ago

zaccaria Soccer Kings

Escape from Lost world.

#7755 6 years ago

We just received confirmation that the Game of Thrones Pro pinball machine will be here for the event this Sunday (10/25), 4:00 @ Mortimers! The game is not here yet and probably won't be onsite and ready for play until Friday night. I will let the group know when it is ready to go. I updated the details for Sunday's event, which you can view through the link below. Hope to see you all there!

https://www.facebook.com/events/863452587065236/

For the Facebook impaired...

Brace yourselves...Game of Thrones Pinball Official Stern Launch Party (Part 1) is Coming!

Game of Thrones will be hitting the streets soon and D&G is going to have the Official Launch Party to celebrate the Pro version of the game. This event will be the first of two! The plan then is also to have another launch party in early December once the Limited Edition version is released to feature both the Pro and the LE versions of the games! For this initial Pro Launch Party, we are going to combine it with the Mortimer's Monthly Pinball Party. We will have the tournament as detailed below, but Game of Thrones will be on hand to play throughout the entire event and will not be used in the event until the finals. There will be a high score contest on Game of Thrones throughout the event as well.

TOURNAMENT DETAILS:

$5.00 buy in for the event. The tournament is going be a Fight For The Throne Survivor style event where people play in groups of 4 and only person (lowest group score) is eliminated each round for maximum play for everyone. Also, anyone eliminated in the first round, goes into a consolation bracket for more games too. The finals will take place on the Game of Thrones Pro to crown the King! Random draws for bracket seating and games played. 100% returned cash prize package. and probably some more prizes too, so don't be afraid to come on out. This is a fun and laid back open event, so feel free to invite or bring your friends who are 21+!

Capture2.jpg

#7756 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

zaccaria Soccer Kings
Escape from Lost world.

great games! Zaccaria are sooooo neat I'll have to see if it is on the ios app and buy it to try

#7757 6 years ago

Hey All,

Time for some more System 11's

Here is what I'm looking for in no order.

Cyclone
Swords of Fury
Game Show
High Speed
Black Knight 2K

Chris

#7758 6 years ago

I'm reminded of this because of a post in another thread...

If you want to go to Tom's Open House this year (300+ playable pinball machines, 100 people, 5 hours, Friday!) tickets are selling pretty quickly for that. I would expect it to sell out within the next month or so. If you are bringing a game and want to go, contact me directly and I can get you a way to do that

#7759 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Why would anybody buy pinballs that they don't have room for?

Seems odd, doesn't it?

#7760 6 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Seems odd, doesn't it?

Correct me if I'm wrong but if you build some shelves in the back 2 rooms you have a pile of more space for storing machines......

#7761 6 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Seems odd, doesn't it?

because I have friends that still have room. Plus, i'm working on getting a bigger house (for past 3 years). Once that happens, I can bring all my babies home. If I didn't have the plan to expand the gameroom, I would not be collecting more than I can hold.

#7762 6 years ago

I bought a truck with a lift gate. Should hold 12.

#7763 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Plus, i'm working on getting a bigger house (for past 3 years).

I keep telling myself the same thing... I've stopped telling others though, because it's annoying just how much that hasn't worked so far...

#7764 6 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Hey All,
Cyclone
Swords of Fury
Game Show
High Speed
Black Knight 2K
Chris

Oh and I would make space for a Torpedo Alley even though it's not a system 11

#7765 6 years ago

it's DE. That's as close to system 11 as you can get without actually being one.

#7766 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

it's DE. That's as close to system 11 as you can get without actually being one.

Man after playing Mark's I like it best of all the DE's of that era.

#7767 6 years ago

Don't play waterworld, you'll want to keep it :-p It pretty much is like MMR

#7768 6 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

That 's what I need to do!

#7769 6 years ago

Can't wait to use it. Let's find something to fill it up.

#7770 6 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Screwed up 1st quote.

#7771 6 years ago

Just a quick FYI, in another thread Clay announced that Tom would not be hosting his open house at MGC. Just to clear up any confusion, neither I nor Tom Taylor have any idea what he is talking about or how he misheard what is going on. Tom Taylor is fully planning to open his collection, currently 240 machines, to 100 people at the Midwest Gaming Classic on Friday, April 8th, 2016. I apologize for any confusion that Clay may have caused.

#7772 6 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Correct me if I'm wrong but if you build some shelves in the back 2 rooms you have a pile of more space for storing machines......

quit giving him ideas.

#7773 6 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Tom Taylor is fully planning to open his collection, currently 240 machines, to 100 people at the Midwest Gaming Classic on Friday, April 8th, 2016.

wow.. just wow...

#7774 6 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Black Knight 2K
Chris

I can help with this one. Changing things up and this one is on the list to leave. Overall in good shape. Let me know if you want details.

#7775 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

wow.. just wow...

Wow that he is opening it, wow that Clay thought that he wasn't, or wow "bonus thing to do at MGC!" wow?

#7776 6 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Wow that he is opening it, wow that Clay thought that he wasn't, or wow "bonus thing to do at MGC!" wow?

More at the 240 machines in collection

#7777 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

More at the 240 machines in collection

Its def a great collection and worth checking out at MGC. As Dan has said. Order early to avoid disappointment.

#7778 6 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Is def a great collection and worth checking out at MGC. As Dan has said. Order early to avoid disappointment.

A pic and description:

http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/tomtaylor/

Based on how tickets are selling, I would be surprised if we have tickets for Tom's or VIG by the time the calendar turns to 2016.

#7779 6 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

A pic and description:
http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/tomtaylor/
Based on how tickets are selling, I would be surprised if we have tickets for Tom's or VIG by the time the calendar turns to 2016.

Im torn between TT's or hanging at MGC and helping people load-in.

My back tells me to go to TT's

#7780 6 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Just a quick FYI, in another thread Clay announced that Tom would not be hosting his open house at MGC. Just to clear up any confusion, neither I nor Tom Taylor have any idea what he is talking about or how he misheard what is going on. Tom Taylor is fully planning to open his collection, currently 240 machines, to 100 people at the Midwest Gaming Classic on Friday, April 8th, 2016. I apologize for any confusion that Clay may have caused.

Clay seems to have is own agenda these days.

#7781 6 years ago

I don't want to miss TT's. Is it best to just buy a show ticket to be given the option to donate to Tom's event?

#7782 6 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I don't want to miss TT's. Is it best to just buy a show ticket to be given the option to donate to Tom's event?

Well if your going I'm going

#7783 6 years ago

Game on at Mortimers. KISS has left the building.

IMAG4159.jpg

#7784 6 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I'll take care of you. Hoping to have link tonight

#7785 6 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I'll take care of you. Hoping to have link tonight

Sweet. Let me know when the links are up so I can purchase my ticket to TT

#7786 6 years ago

I missed expo this year, I will not miss MGC

#7787 6 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Game on at Mortimers. KISS has left the building.

IMAG4159.jpg

I know it's only been 3 hours but are people playing it? What are they saying about it?

#7788 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I know it's only been 3 hours but are people playing it? What are they saying about it?

I played it at the pinball life open house . I played the pro , pro playfield does not seem as barren in person as it looked in the first pictures posted . The shots feel good good and the game has a nice flow to it . Seems to be a decent amount to do as of now with early code . Could not hear audio though so I'm not sure if it is a y good at this point .

#7789 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Lots of people are playing it. I played a grand total of 1 game as I had to go. It's fast. Choosing a house is like choosing a doctor on Dr. Who pinball. You don't seem to get a lot of points out of a multiball, but you can get tons of points in them if you play two houses and stack it with a multiball. I'm anxious to play it again, but I probably won't be able to until the monthly party on Sunday.

#7790 6 years ago

LesManley,

Did KISS get sold? Was it a poor earner at Mortimers?

Have you had a chance to play more games on Game of Thrones?

#7791 6 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

LesManley,

It's not sold yet but not on location.

Mortimer's is a tough location to determine what a poor earner is. Any new Stern is going up against an incredibly solid line-up of classic Bally Williams titles which a lot of people play.

#7792 6 years ago

GOT party at my house when my premium arrives, pm me if you want to attend. Ill get a 1/2 barrel of Newcastle. Party on.....

#7793 6 years ago

LesManley,

KISS just didn't earn better than the other games there like it should have for a new game. Personally, KISS is fine game, but it doesn't have anything for me that makes me want to play it over and over. Compound that with 7 other new and/or A list games on route at the same location and that is tough to compete with.

#7794 6 years ago

Played the first game in awhile, new guy seemed intrigued.

IMG_6027.JPGIMG_6026.JPG

#7795 6 years ago

fish tales?!?!!

#7796 6 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

Played the first game in awhile, new guy seemed intrigued.
IMG_6027.JPG IMG_6026.JPG

Start 'em early.

#7797 6 years ago

Good photos Jonogo!

#7798 6 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

GOT party at my house when my premium arrives, pm me if you want to attend. Ill get a 1/2 barrel of Newcastle. Party on.....

Pants optional?

#7799 6 years ago

Only for the women.

#7800 6 years ago

LesManley,

I did get to play more GOT at our Mortimer's Monthly on Sunday. I probably played about 4 more games. We had some reset issues later on, so we had to switch games we were using.

Game is feast or famine. Seems like you score 30 million or 300 million...there isn't a lot of in between. I like the house rules and stacking rules. They make sense and are very lucrative. The playfield multiplier and shot multiplier can get ridiculous. You can have a single shot worth hundreds of millions of points if you do well and set things up right. I have a little strategy on what to do now. Still don't know the majority of things out there, but did do well enough to win the high score contest on it with 1.4 billion and won myself a GOT translite in the process. I went from 700 million to 1.3 billion in the blink of an eye on that game with some nice stacking and shot selections. I'm excited to play more of it and figure it out. Hopefully Eastside Pinball gets theirs soon cause I don't have the time to drive to play one very often.

A couple of things that I wasn't too keen on were the flashers being insanely bright. Epileptics beware. During Winter is Coming and some other shots, you can't see at all. It's way over the top for me and most of the others that experienced it. Also, the game is too colorful for what it is. It's kind of like WOZ, except that GOT the show isn't all colors of the rainbow like WOZ the movie. It seems out of place to have every color of the rainbow in this game, just because you can. Personally I wished the skittles effect was toned down a little bit to better reflect the theme of the show. And like others have said, the art looks better in person, but I'm still not thrilled with the look of it. I think it could have been much cooler than it ended up.

There are 17,313 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 347.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside