1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png
There are 20,727 posts in this topic. You are on page 154 of 415.
#7651 8 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

If anyone notices anything weird with the web site, or has any opinions on it,

looks good. didn't buy anthing to test functionality of it, however. are the ticket prices higher this year? If so, good move to maybe get rid of some of the congestion while at the same time not losing revenue.

#7654 8 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

looks good. didn't buy anthing to test functionality of it, however. are the ticket prices higher this year? If so, good move to maybe get rid of some of the congestion while at the same time not losing revenue.

Website looks good, please no band in the vendor tent this year.

#7655 8 years ago

Ticket prices are slightly more experience expensive. We did a lot of looking and found out that we were priced pretty low compared to almost all comparable shows. The thought is either to hold down attendance a bit and make the shoe slightly less risky to hold, or hopefully give us money to potentially move if we need to with. We're also growing again (because that's what we do) and getting a significantly larger tent, again.

For the bands, we've heard about 90 percent positive comments versus 10 percent negative. While it wasn't perfect last year, we are addressing it, and we think we have a plan that should make people who didn't like it as much happier with it

#7656 8 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Ticket prices are slightly more experience expensive. We did a lot of looking and found out that we were priced pretty low compared to almost all comparable shows. The thought is either to hold down attendance a bit and make the shoe slightly less risky to hold, or hopefully give us money to potentially move if we need to with. We're also growing again (because that's what we do) and getting a significantly larger tent, again.
For the bands, we've heard about 90 percent positive comments versus 10 percent negative. While it wasn't perfect last year, we are addressing it, and we think we have a plan that should make people who didn't like it as much happier with it

I was a vendor last year and had to start using hand signals to talk with people over prices. We pay a lot to be a vendor and i'm sure the you'd find 90% of the vendors against the band and 10% for it.

#7657 8 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I should probably get a room...
If anyone notices anything weird with the web site, or has any opinions on it, Gary and I spent a LOT of time with it stripping it down to what really matters and trying to make it far more friendly, I'd love to hear them. It was a TON of work...
Oh, and we did the majority of it sitting at Binary that someone else mentioned earlier in the thread. Not so much playing pinball though.

I need to grab my tickets this week. Is there now an option for people bringing games to purchase Tom Taylor tickets without buying the tickets that won't be needed?

#7658 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I was a vendor last year and had to start using hand signals to talk with people over prices. We pay a lot to be a vendor and i'm sure the you'd find 90% of the vendors against the band and 10% for it.

We talked to multiple different vendors actually and got similar rates of like to dislike.

Again, wait until the info gets out for vendors. I think we found a solution that will make everyone happy. And, to he completely fair, our vendor rates are significantly cheaper than almost any similar sized event that we've ever seen. We try to keep things as reasonable as possible so if there is something that doesn't go perfectly, it's still a great deal.

#7659 8 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I need to grab my tickets this week. Is there now an option for people bringing games to purchase Tom Taylor tickets without buying the tickets that won't be needed?

I know we talked about it, but I honestly don't know if we did it. I'll try to get back to you on here once I figure it out.

#7660 8 years ago

Hey everyone, new member, i'm down in Madison, WI. Currently have a Sinbad and Cleopatra, I sold them 5 years ago when i moved to TX and just reacquired them both

I'm also looking for a winter project, so if anyone has something, feel free to ping me.

-Chris

#7661 8 years ago

Welcome to the club. Make sure to stop down on the second Wednesday of each month at pooleys (east side) for the monthly tournament and the third Saturday of each month at schwoeglers (west side) for the monthly.

#7662 8 years ago

Made it to Schwoegler's in Madison again and got to play AMH -- what a treat to get to play that pin on location. Thanks again to all of you who put such awesome pins on location in Madison. I really enjoyed AMH, even if I didn't know what I was doing; had a very unique feel to it. I'll have to make it to Pooley's sometime as I really want to try TWD.

#7663 8 years ago

It really is a cool and different playing game. Very challenging but keeps me wanting to play more!

little secret >> It currently is running the newest code before any other AMH in the world. One of the greatest things about Ben is that he is a real pinhead also. He stopped out yesterday to load up v22 of the code and even do some programming and bug testing on site.

Thanks for dropping quarters so we can keep doing this!

Like KingPin suggests, come on out to one of the casual monthly tournaments and play, say, hello, and meet the crew of regular players. It is a fun way to learn rulesets, challenge yourself to play better, and possibly meet some new pin buddies.

#7664 8 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Hey everyone, new member, i'm down in Madison, WI. Currently have a Sinbad and Cleopatra, I sold them 5 years ago when i moved to TX and just reacquired them both
I'm also looking for a winter project, so if anyone has something, feel free to ping me.
-Chris

Welcome. Both of those games pack a lot of fun for an early SS. What type of winter project are you looking for?

#7665 8 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

We talked to multiple different vendors actually and got similar rates of like to dislike.
Again, wait until the info gets out for vendors. I think we found a solution that will make everyone happy. And, to he completely fair, our vendor rates are significantly cheaper than almost any similar sized event that we've ever seen. We try to keep things as reasonable as possible so if there is something that doesn't go perfectly, it's still a great deal.

I think the biggest issue with the band is not being able to hear people when you are trying to talk. Getting over by the booths right by the band. It was very difficult to work out negotiations. if u can figure out a way to minimize the sound level. I think it would be a win for everyone.

#7666 8 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Welcome. Both of those games pack a lot of fun for an early SS. What type of winter project are you looking for?

Good question! Probably early SS to keep the price down, i don't mind fixing boards and things. Trying to sell/trade my slot machine right now so i can get some room to put another pin in the game room. Well i have plenty of room, but not sure my fiancé would appreciate another one, haha.

#7667 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

if u can figure out a way to minimize the sound level. I think it would be a win for everyone.

That's part of the plan

#7668 8 years ago

Dan,

I'm cleaning up some stuff in the house. You want a 27" tube TV for the gaming section?

I just need to plug it in again and make sure it works.

Otherwise it's going to the curb.

#7669 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It really is a cool and different playing game. Very challenging but keeps me wanting to play more!
little secret >> It currently is running the newest code before any other AMH in the world. One of the greatest things about Ben is that he is a real pinhead also. He stopped out yesterday to load up v22 of the code and even do some programming and bug testing on site.
Thanks for dropping quarters so we can keep doing this!
Like Kingpin suggests, come on out to one of the casual monthly tournaments and play, say, hello, and meet the crew of regular players. It is a fun way to learn rulesets, challenge yourself to play better, and possibly meet some new pin buddies.

That's awesome about the code for AMH. I've watched quit a few of Ben's videos on youtube, would have been strange to see him there working on the game.

I'll have to stop by for one of the tournament things sometime. I bit the bullet and got my own machine a month ago and am on a quest to not be absolutely terrible (so far the quest is off to a rocky start). What's weird is that I don't think I have played more than five games of pinball in my life before six months ago and now I spent thousands on a machine. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to play a ton to justify the purchase.

#7670 8 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

now I spent thousands on a machine.

give it a year...

I think I went for 1 game to 12 in the first 12 months, lol.

If you ever have troubles with your TAF then I am happy to let you look at mine (at pooley's) if you need to see how something goes.

#7671 8 years ago

If anyone has a AFM that is collecting dust, let me know. I have a few that I would include in some sort of trade, (SM, SS, JD, JY, FS, even more).

No - none of these are for sale right now so please don't ask.

#7672 8 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

If anyone has a AFM that is collecting dust, let me know

Bad move human.....

I don't see AFM lasting as long as MM did for you....

You have a flintstones? Do I wanna know how much?

#7673 8 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Bad move human.....
You have a Flintstones? Do I wanna know how much?

AFM is one I have always wanted to get some more time on. I enjoy it when I do get to play it.

I was told I had a Flintstones, but unsure until I dig around on the condition. I think it was acquired during one of my lost weekend buying sprees a year ago.

#7674 8 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

AFM is one I have always wanted to get some more time on. I enjoy it when I do get to play it.
I was told I had a Flintstones, but unsure until I dig around on the condition. I think it was acquired during one of my lost weekend buying sprees a year ago.

First world problems........

#7675 8 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

agree, especially since he has SM.

#7676 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

give it a year...
I think I went for 1 game to 12 in the first 12 months, lol.
If you ever have troubles with your TAF then I am happy to let you look at mine (at pooley's) if you need to see how something goes.

I'm sticking with one game for a year at least. I just like checking the market out for fun . . . four times a day.

I've been tempted to make the trek out to Pooley's to play the TAF to see how it compares. I have a few minor issues on mine, but I suppose it's time to enter the game within the game and try to fix it.

1 to 12 in a year . . . impressive.

#7677 8 years ago

You know how i know i'm not as big of a pinball nerd as you lot... because i don't what the hell games the acronym's stand for

#7678 8 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

agree, especially since he has SM.

I liked MM, it just kept me up at night on how much I had in a single game. Much easier to sleep if the value is spread out to serveral machines, more floor space to show for it.

#7679 8 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

You know how i know i'm not as big of a pinball nerd as you lot... because i don't what the hell games the acronym's stand for

great feature of pinside. hover over the acronym and it will tell you. TAF = the addams family.

#7680 8 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I liked MM, it just kept me up at night on how much I had in a single game. Much easier to sleep if the value is spread out to serveral machines, more floor space to show for it.

I can definitely see that. I have forbidden myself from thinking about how much money I spent on my one machine. I woke up a couple of mornings where my first thought was what the hell have I done. Soon I'm thinking I need another one though.

#7681 8 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

if you have had a MM, you already owned a AFM. Except AFM's toy isn't as cool so it gets old even faster.

#7682 8 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

(SM, SS, JD, JY, FS, even more).

Spiderman
Scared Stiff
Judge Dread
Junk Yard
For Sale :p

#7683 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

great feature of pinside. hover over the acronym and it will tell you. TAF = the Addams Family.

Holy crap... life altering..

#7684 8 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Holy crap... life altering..

I still see ones I have no idea what they are. Had to finally ask my son about SST.

#7685 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Dan,
I'm cleaning up some stuff in the house. You want a 27" tube TV for the gaming section?
I just need to plug it in again and make sure it works.
Otherwise it's going to the curb.

No, but thanks for the thoughts. I have tube TVs coming out of my ears right now.

#7686 8 years ago

I'm looking for a TSPP or X-Men LE/Pro if anyone is looking to sell.

#7687 8 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I'm looking for a TSPP or X-Men LE/Pro if anyone is looking to sell.

Tom Fox was willing to sell me his XM Pro, I just couldn't swing it cash wise. You should contact him.

#7688 8 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Tom Fox was willing to sell me his XM Pro, I just couldn't swing it cash wise. You should contact him.

Groooooovy. PM sent to ya.

#7689 8 years ago

I decided to make an account. most of you know me from twisted flippers league and/or shows and tournaments.

Stephanie

#7690 8 years ago
Quoted from Mousin:

I decided to make an account. most of you know me from twisted flippers league and/or shows and tournaments.

Stephanie

Welcome!
--
Jeremy
Central WI

#7691 8 years ago
Quoted from Mousin:

Stephanie

welcome!

#7692 8 years ago

Looking to buy a gottlieb Haunted House.
Anyone know where I can find one local?

#7693 8 years ago

Looking for a bsd or doctor who.
Thanks...

#7694 8 years ago
Quoted from madtown:

Looking for a bsd or Doctor Who.
Thanks...

Blainbrook is selling their bsd. He is asking $2500.

#7695 8 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Blainbrook is selling their bsd. He is asking $2500.

Thats a steal compared to the $3400 BSD from the pinballwarehouse. I think that was the price from awhile back.

#7696 8 years ago
Quoted from Mousin:

Stephanie

about time.

#7697 8 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Looking to buy a gottlieb Haunted House.
Anyone know where I can find one local?

Try pinsider CrazyDoug. He's out in Lake Elmo. I almost picked his up a few months ago. I'm pretty sure he still has it.

#7698 8 years ago
Quoted from madtown:

Looking for a bsd or Doctor Who.
Thanks...

Nice Dr. Who on Mpls CL this morning. Looks pretty clean.

#7699 8 years ago
Quoted from Mousin:

Stephanie

Oh boy...

There are 20,727 posts in this topic. You are on page 154 of 415.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread/page/154 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.