1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png

There are 17,318 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 347.
#701 8 years ago

Can any of you fellow northerners help a brother find a Whirlwind?

#702 8 years ago

Boy did the Packers miss a golden opportunity, they never should have let S. Jackson get away. They could have competed in the division with him. Now they'll have to fight to make the playoffs.

Go Vikes!!!

#703 8 years ago

Post edited by ThePostmaster : double post, stupid Android system.

#704 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Anyone not hitting any MGC events friday night is welcome over by my place for pin fun/beverages!!!! pm me......

why did I commit to being sober and helping out on Friday night when I could be getting buzzed at your place ;(

#705 8 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Can any of you fellow northerners help a brother find a Whirlwind?

Someone is bringing a WW to the show.............Check the for sale MGC thread. I dunno if it's still available tho.

#706 8 years ago

WW waterworld . But yes, same guy I believe, and traded for a WCS.

#707 8 years ago

Anyone with truck or trailer space passing through Wausau area on their way to MGC? I have a pin for Dan that I would like to get down there and I only have room for one. It doesn't pay well but you can play some games when you get here.

#708 8 years ago

Made my first ever trip to Minneapolis area today to look at a Doctor Who in Eden Prairie.
Minnesota is a pretty state (the little bit I saw). Need to see it in the summer without all the snow.

The seller of the DW was a great guy but unfortunately the game wasn't as nice as he was.
I passed on it. Oh well.
It was a 10 hour day driving for nothing but at least the weather was great.

#709 8 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

The seller of the DW was a great guy but unfortunately the game wasn't as nice as he was.
I passed on it. Oh well.

That is impressive willpower, If I ever drove that far to get a game Id feel obligated to myself to purchase it.

#710 8 years ago

that is a hell of a drive to come home empty.

Did you stop and play pinball at any of the sweet places up there?

#711 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

That is impressive willpower, If I ever drove that far to get a game Id feel obligated to myself to purchase it.

I had the cash ready to go but when i started really looking at it way too many things jumped out at me and had to hold back. It wasn't easy but I had to trust my gut.

The way I look at it is I only spend $100 or so in gas and would have dropped a lot more than that trying to fix this DW to meet my standards (which I will admit are probably too high but I have no problems spending money on quality).
And at least it was a nice day to drive.

#712 8 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Made my first ever trip to Minneapolis area today to look at a Doctor Who in Eden Prairie.
Minnesota is a pretty state (the little bit I saw). Need to see it in the summer without all the snow.
I passed on it. Oh well.
It was a 10 hour day driving for nothing but at least the weather was great.

Sorry to hear that - that's a long trip to come home empty. Wish I had that amount of willpower.

GAP has a beautiful DW that he just posted tonight. Thing is cherry....

#713 8 years ago

Heading to MGC Friday morning and back on Sunday. Anyone need a ride or want to meet and convoy to the show? I'm bringing a pin so I'll have room for one passenger. No pin coming back so I'll have room for five passengers on the way home, or possibly a pin for someone else.

#714 8 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

Heading to MGC Friday morning and back on Sunday. Anyone need a ride or want to meet and convoy to the show?

I'm planning on leaving at 8am from the twin cities, and hitting up Rossi's arcade/pizza place at around noonish with some other twin cities folks.

#715 8 years ago

Great call on stopping at Rossi's. They quality of stuff keeps getting better. It still needs work and a lot of the GI was out on a few of the games when I was there last Friday (work function), but at least the majority of switches are working and the thin crust pizza is GREAT IMHO!

#716 8 years ago

Also, excited and wanted to share with you guys...

I was offered a new position at work today and it is a nice step up and a chance to raise the career ceiling a bit further than my current job. I am a little nervous because it will be a supervisor role and I have been all science my entire life, but also pumped for the opportunity.

I am not allowed to tell anyone at work till later this week and I need to tell someone, so you guys get to hear. Hopefully you can share in my excitement.

Life has been pretty crazy lately and it is great to get some positive news. Tie it together with MGC being this weekend and things are shaping up to be a GREAT week!

#717 8 years ago

Hilton,

Congrats on the promotion.

#718 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Also, excited and wanted to share with you guys...
I was offered a new position at work today and it is a nice step up and a chance to raise the career ceiling a bit further than my current job. I am a little nervous because it will be a supervisor role and I have been all science my entire life, but also pumped for the opportunity.
I am not allowed to tell anyone at work till later this week and I need to tell someone, so you guys get to hear. Hopefully you can share in my excitement.
Life has been pretty crazy lately and it is great to get some positive news. Tie it together with MGC being this weekend and things are shaping up to be a GREAT week!

Congrats Hilton! It is such a great feeling when opportunities happen - sure you will meet the expectations of your new role.

Not to scare you - but management of people sucks.

#719 8 years ago

Congrats Hilton! That gives us something to celebrate this weekend!

#720 8 years ago

Congrats Hilton! That's awesome.
On your first day as supervisor you need to treat it like it was your first day in jail.
Find the biggest guy that reports to you and beat the snot out of him.
That will keep the rest of them in line.

#721 8 years ago

HAHAHAHAHAHA. LOL.

The only stressful part is that I am transitioning to supervise some of my current peers. It will all be good in the long run I am sure, but I beat out a few of my peers for the position and they will surely be a bit sour that they are not the one getting the promotion. Like most things, it will be a learning experience from day 1 and as always I am looking forwrad to the challenge.

However, currently I am really just looking forward to celebrating at MGC. Friday can not get here quick enough.

#722 8 years ago

Congrats on the promotion. Just never forget where you came from. Take care of your workers, and they"ll take care of you. I know these are standard sayings, but I've found out that they are very true. You'll do fine. Looks like the first round is on you!

#723 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

However, currently I am really just looking forward to celebrating at MGC. Friday can not get here quick enough.

This. Wow, MORE snow? Another low of 3? Yeah, we're getting tired of it moreso than WoZ bickering. It was warm out a year ago.

#724 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

HAHAHAHAHAHA. LOL.
The only stressful part is that I am transitioning to supervise some of my current peers. It will all be good in the long run I am sure, but I beat out a few of my peers for the position and they will surely be a bit sour that they are not the one getting the promotion.

They will never forget.

Remember - corner a person on their performance to when their job is in jeapordy - and they will spring out like a lion.

Been there - done that way to many times.

#725 8 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Remember - corner a person on their performance to when their job is in jeapordy - and they will spring out like a lion.

TRUTH!

#726 8 years ago

ATTENTION: Due to the Easter Holiday, the monthly Mortimer's Tournament is going to be THIS Sunday the 24th and not the last Sunday of the month! The Pinnesota.com website displays the incorrect date currently.

Hope everyone can come out and try out the new Transfomers and X-Men code and maybe take a shot at the currently running AC/DC and Iron Man TOPs Tournaments. If anyone has any other questions on the tournament, times, format, just let me know.

!morts.JPG

#727 8 years ago

Bill, not sure how to attach pics in PMs, so I thought I'd post some pics of your DKjr multi in this thread. I should be done with it next week, but Monday is cuttin' it close. See you at MGC.

DSC02814_zps5045d119.jpg DSC02813_zpsa91c16c7.jpg DSC02812_zpsd58de072.jpg

#728 8 years ago

That looks great. Post a before pic, to show these pinheads the quality of your work. That pic makes me want to sport some wood!!

#729 8 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

Heading to MGC Friday morning and back on Sunday. Anyone need a ride or want to meet and convoy to the show? I'm bringing a pin so I'll have room for one passenger. No pin coming back so I'll have room for five passengers on the way home, or possibly a pin for someone else.

PM sent

#730 8 years ago

"Everyone that signs up needs to find Chris or myself in the LOBBY at 11am on Saturday. You pay $10 and get a form with games to play. Meet at the hotel LOBBY at 6pm to turn in forms. If you are done early then find Chris or I am hand in your form >> it will help to allow me to enter scores into a spreadsheet whenever I take a break from playing during the day.

current official locals mini-competition signup list

NOW SIGN UP!!!
1. Whysnow (Hilton)
2. Rustylizard (Russ)
3. Ranhorton (Randy)
4. Chriss. (Chris)
5. Guru-420 (Gar)
"

Due to low overall interest (and I have a lot on my plate already for this weekend) I need to pull out from taking the reigns on this locals event. Chris> please feel free to be the organizer if you want. I would still participate/compete.

Chris, If you want to cancel the idea that is fine also.

#731 8 years ago

That looks great. Post a before pic, to show these pinheads the quality of your work. That pic makes me want to sport some wood!!

Sure. Meet Turd Ferguson:

IMAG0013-1.jpg

#732 8 years ago

Nice, I have that same arcade control panel as shown in the SMB cab. Joysticks only, so I had to shop for buttons at AxMan. Hopefully to be a future MAME controller.

#733 8 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

Nice, I have that same arcade control panel as shown in the SMB cab. Joysticks only, so I had to shop for buttons at AxMan. Hopefully to be a future MAME controller.

It's a Nintendo Vs. Unisystem CP. I have like 5 of them laying around.

#734 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Due to low overall interest (and I have a lot on my plate already for this weekend) I need to pull out from taking the reigns on this locals event. Chris> please feel free to be the organizer if you want. I would still participate/compete.
Chris, If you want to cancel the idea that is fine also.

Yeah I say we will let this one go. Guess we will all just have to play $1.00 games on Saturday night.

#735 8 years ago

Too bad, I was really looking forward to this...

Alas, I am too lazy to organize... this is my first MGC, and I really just want to go and enjoy without worry or responsibility.. That's partly why I am not bringing any games.

#737 8 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Any help you can do spreading the word, we'd really appreciate!

Doing my part in the "Only Waunakee in the World." People ask me what I am doing this weekend and I say Midwest Gaming Classic. I get a puzzled looked and explain. We also have flyers hanging at the Waun-a-bowl. We also promoted it to people new to pinball tourneys at the Waun-a-Pinball Tournament! I hope to see familiar faces from that tourney at MGC. Going to be a fun time!

#738 8 years ago

I told 4 people about it this past week who didn't know about it and are now going and taking the family. Lots don't know it even exists.

#739 8 years ago

My neighbor and his family didnt know about it until I told him two weeks ago. Now he and his entire family are coming with intentions to buy a game.

#740 8 years ago

I'm jinxed.

2 machines at Rossi's arcade/pizza place reset on me when I played them. Fish Tales reset on me during Clock Chaos. But it was a blessing, since my 2nd attempt at scoring that netted me way more points.

Reset.

#741 8 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

I'm jinxed.
2 machines at Rossi's arcade/pizza place reset on me when I played them. Fish Tales reset on me during Clock Chaos. But it was a blessing, since my 2nd attempt at scoring that netted me way more points.
Reset.

That is one nice Fishtales. I didn't last long though.

#742 8 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

That is one nice Fishtales. I didn't last long though.

Compare that to the Fish Tales at MGC last year. I casted straight down the middle numerous times. This one? I, through an amazing stroke of luck, casted, hit & locked 3 balls in succession.

I took 9th place overall in Clock Chaos, upping my score by 3x in the redo of Robocop. I'm happy with how I finished, and that was after 3 cocktails & a beer. I can't seem to get drunk.

#743 8 years ago

Thank you MnHotRod for the ride home. I enjoyed the company and the pinball podcasts along the way.

#744 8 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

since my 2nd attempt at scoring that netted me way more points.

He ain't lying! I was scorekeeping and couldn't believe what I saw on the 2nd attempt... must have been skill

#745 8 years ago

It was great talking with all you guys this weekend. In person that talk is just as abundant as on here. I think the only game I played that wasn't a tournament game was some WOZ and mystery Castle. Other than that, it was nonstop talking.

#746 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

It was great talking with all you guys this weekend. In person that talk is just as abundant as on here. I think the only game I played that wasn't a tournament game was some WOZ and Mystery Castle. Other than that, it was nonstop talking.

I'm with you. More talk than play. I think Eric and I got more games in on his Tron Friday night and in the AM before the show opened than the rest of the time we were there. Seeing your beautiful example is one reason I would love to own one.

Neo. Your Atlantis was amazing. Thanks for bringing it and taking the time to walk through the rules and explaining more about the machine. Now I want one.

Did everyone meet Tony (tonymiddendorf). To refresh your memory and his; he was walking around with the 4litre jug of RED wine on Saturday. Also important to note at the end of the night his white Tshirt was still white and spotless. Now that's a "Pro".

Best year yet. Stay safe this year so we can see you all again next year.

Chris

#747 8 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

I'm jinxed.
Fish Tales reset on me during Clock Chaos.

Sorry about that. It appeared to be due to the game being on the hotel power and not the Doc Ock grid during Clock Chaos. I reseated all connectors on Saturday afternoon and was then on MGC power in the main hall and no issues. Glad your second game was better. I would have felt bad if it was the other way around.

#748 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Sorry about that. It appeared to be due to the game being on the hotel power and not the Doc Ock grid during Clock Chaos. I reseated all connectors on Saturday afternoon and was then on MGC power in the main hall and no issues. Glad your second game was better. I would have felt bad if it was the other way around.

It's all good. The last Fish Tales I played at 2012's MGC gave me numerous STDM drains from casting, and no Doc Ock could fix that. This time, it was the opposite(3 ball locks like nuttin').

I REALLY liked that Atlantis pin. I played a botched version of it on Visual Pinball,and loved everything about it. Great artwork, great flow to the game. Everything lines up perfectly with it. Wouldn't mind having one in my house. First time I saw one in person. Got over a million on it.

#749 8 years ago

I had a blast at MGC. It was cool meeting Whysnow, Wiggum, Centerflank, MNhotrod, Pinitration (again----we've met before), Goatdan, Davewth (again), Thepostmaster (again), and countless others. ChrisS.......super cool dude. We had kind of a bromance going all weekend. Long walks to the Mall.......helping Tony , etc. My pin held up great...........only one ball hang up all weekend. 80% chatting...........20% playing.

#750 8 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

I had a blast at MGC. It was cool meeting Whysnow, Wiggum, Centerflank, MNhotrod, Pinitration (again----we've met before), Goatdan, Davewth (again), Thepostmaster (again), and countless others. ChrisS.......super cool dude. We had kind of a bromance going all weekend. Long walks to the Mall.......helping Tony , etc. My pin held up great...........only one ball hang up all weekend. 80% chatting...........20% playing.

Thanks for bringing Tron. Your game was gorgeous, loved the powder on it, blended awesome with the rest of the game, and it played awesome (You had it setup nice and strong too)....

It was great meeting you as well.... If you are ever cruising through Southern WI on a weekend, shoot me a call and we can play some pinball.

There are 17,318 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 347.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside