1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png
There are 20,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 415.
#7301 8 years ago
Quoted from policano:

What's this for/about?

Further up the (prior) page.

#7303 8 years ago
Quoted from policano:

What's this for/about?

Sorry for the lack of context - I posted up in https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread/page/146#post-2570443 about the need. In brief, Games Done Quick is a twice yearly fundraiser where video game players play through games as quickly as they can while viewers online follow along via http://gamesdonequick.com and http://twitch.tv with the viewer count usually over 100,000 viewers. The January event was held in Herndon, VA and raised over $1.5M for charity. The event at the Crowne Plaza in St. Paul starts on Sunday the 26th of July and directly benefits Doctors Without Borders.

The request is to get pinball machines on-site at the event so the ~1,000 attendees can get a taste for pinball and donate at the same time, as any donations received from the pins will go straight to Doctors Without Borders. Please feel free to contact me directly if you can help out or happen to have a lead. Thanks!

#7304 8 years ago

Do you want someone to leave their pins unattended at your 24/7 gaming convention for an entire week?

#7305 8 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

Do you want someone to leave their pins unattended at your 24/7 gaming convention for an entire week?

The pins will definitely not be left unattended - this event will have Games Done Quick staff present 24/7, and I'll be on-site for the second half of the week and in the general area most of the time I'm awake. If you're interested, there's a full floorplan posted at https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/sgdq_2015_hotel_layout.html (and specifically http://imgur.com/a/5jXf0#22) that shows where the pins will be.

I'm working with policano now and he thinks he can spare at least a game or two but he could use some help sourcing a couple more pins. My hope was to get 4 pins set up if possible, even better if we can rotate the lineup at some point like we did at AGDQ, but that's me dreaming. If you can help in any way we'd definitely appreciate it. Thanks!

#7306 8 years ago

Looks like a fun convention. I'm going to follow some of my favorite games as they broadcast online. Not a huge fan of speedruns but I love the enthusiasm of the guys who practice and excel at it.

Good luck.

#7307 8 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

I'm going to follow some of my favorite games as they broadcast online.

I have great news - Jersey Jack Pinball has agreed to donate a translite which will be one of the raffle prizes during the TASBot block that I'm organizing, currently scheduled to happen on August 1st per the https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule as it stands now (times may shift during the marathon). Any donations you make will go directly to Doctors Without Borders so you'll be helping a great cause even if you don't win the raffle. Thanks for the interest!

#7309 8 years ago

Hey Milwaukee Dudes,

I'm running to MKE on Thursday. Where can I play Kiss to get a feel for it.

Thanks in advance

#7310 8 years ago

Cleveland Pub - New Berlin

#7311 8 years ago

Thanks Man.

Looks like I'm headed there on Thursday evening.

chris

#7312 8 years ago

Chris how far are you from East Troy? I was just there for a car meet, and was going to text you but wanted to get home as I was getting tired :/

#7313 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Chris how far are you from East Troy? I was just there for a car meet, and was going to text you but wanted to get home as I was getting tired :/

Gus's Drive In? We like to take the old Galaxie over there at least once a Summer on a Saturday night. We usually park across the street though as our old ride doesn't compare to most of the stuff that rolls in.

#7314 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

He's about 15 minutes from East Troy.....

#7315 8 years ago

Who has the Jackbots for sale in WI? Looks like there are two of them now. It's a game I want to play for 6 months. At $2500 can I come close to getting my money back when I am done or should I hold off?

#7316 8 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Who has the Jackbots for sale in WI? Looks like there are two of them now. It's a game I want to play for 6 months. At $2500 can I come close to getting my money back when I am done or should I hold off?

Its a tougher sell at $2500 than at around $1600-1700 they typically go for.... That being said, the one at $2500 is a much nicer example than most of them.

#7317 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I hate your face. You should have hit me up regardless. You could have stayed here. Yes 15 minutes away. And if you were at Gus's this weekend I will murder you. You could have come to our league night for pinball. I missed Gus's this weekend and will probably miss it next weekend because of the Elkhorn car show. But I have been to Gus's once this year and I plan to go back.

chris

#7318 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Gus's Drive In? We like to take the old Galaxie over there at least once a Summer on a Saturday night. We usually park across the street though as our old ride doesn't compare to most of the stuff that rolls in.

Had a cobalt/ecotec meet at Great Lakes Dragway with Crate engine depot. I was staying at my friends house in East Troy. We did however hit oshkosh Friday and then Gus's on Saturday night.

I love pissing off chevy owners, so I put ford badges on Ariel atom kit knock off car was at the meet as well....

Quoted from ChrisS:

I hate your face. You should have hit me up regardless. You could have stayed here. Yes 15 minutes away. And if you were at Gus's this weekend I will murder you. You could have come to our league night for pinball. I missed Gus's this weekend and will probably miss it next weekend because of the Elkhorn car show. But I have been to Gus's once this year and I plan to go back.
chris

Oh dude! wtf, sorry I should of done what I thought and just shot you a message :/ Gus's was good, ACR Viper, C7 vette and then all the old goodies

IMG_1392.jpgIMG_1392.jpg

IMG_1391.jpgIMG_1391.jpg

IMG_1379.jpgIMG_1379.jpg

#7319 8 years ago

Cool. Glad you had a good weekend. I still hate you.

#7320 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Hey Milwaukee Dudes,
I'm running to MKE on Thursday. Where can I play Kiss to get a feel for it.
Thanks in advance

Black bird bar on the Milwaukee south side has one. Plays good.

#7321 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Cool. Glad you had a good weekend. I still hate you.

sorry. love you.

Who wanted my Tron, Charlie?

#7322 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

sorry. love you.

It would help me out to complete the ultimate stern collection, would have to wait a bit as I just bought STTNG, LAH, and RBION.

STERN_LIST.pngSTERN_LIST.png

#7323 8 years ago

Can anyone in the Twin Cities area recommend a glass company to get a custom sheet of tempered glass. Had an incident this evening involving 2 children and the star slugger resulting in broken glass. (Resulted in an angry father but that's another story)

It would have to be custom because it's longer than a normal pinball sheet.

#7324 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

sorry. love you.

All good man. Just would have liked to hang.

Moving Tron on? Need to make room for kiss? Or waterworld?

#7325 8 years ago
Quoted from bintzknocker:

Can anyone in the Twin Cities area recommend a glass company to get a custom sheet of tempered glass. Had an incident this evening involving 2 children and the star slugger resulting in broken glass. (Resulted in an angry father but that's another story)

Not really, just call around for quotes.

#7326 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

All good man. Just would have liked to hang.
Moving Tron on? Need to make room for kiss? Or Waterworld?

I just need to move a few games, trying to keep tron.

#7327 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I just need to move a few games

I like GTB games if Gladiators is one you want to get rid of. I am not really looking and currently full, but I love thise damn GTB games

#7328 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I just need to move a few games, trying to keep tron.

Tron is great. I already miss mine.

#7329 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Tron is so good that I miss mine and haven't even owned it yet.

#7330 8 years ago

Selling my minty fresh ST Pro. Open to trading down, details in my CL ad-

minneapolis.craigslist.org link

In other news, just picked up the Nitro Ground Shaker on Mpls CL. My grail pin! So happy. Needs an MPU, but it's in excellent cosmetic condition. Made a very fair deal with a nice guy in Northern MN. Best backglass in all of pinball, in my humble opinion.

#7331 8 years ago
Quoted from big_ragu:

Selling my minty fresh ST Pro. Open to trading down, details in my CL ad-
In other news, just picked up the Nitro Ground Shaker on Mpls CL. My grail pin! So happy. Needs an MPU, but it's in excellent cosmetic condition. Made a very fair deal with a nice guy in Northern MN. Best backglass in all of pinball, in my humble opinion.

I saw that and even thought, even with the board issues, that looks in good shape and well worth the asking price. congrats!

#7332 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I like GTB games if Gladiators is one you want to get rid of. I am not really looking and currently full, but I love thise damn GTB games

Gladiators is on route, I was flushing games from my home out. Gladiators does need some love for flipper rebuild, but my lwjp sold to my pin partner. We are swapping lwjp with gladiators and I'll fix Gladiators and put it back out.

#7333 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

I never play it hahha. Needs to be stripped and TC'd then flipper rebuild. LED'd and the mods put in.

#7334 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Gladiators is on route, I was flushing games from my home out.

Is your CSI getting flushed out as well? I need to make a beer run up to Duluth and would have room to haul back other things!

#7335 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I never play it hahha. Needs to be stripped and TC'd then flipper rebuild. LED'd and the mods put in.

There always seems to be projects.

#7336 8 years ago
Quoted from BlueIrocGuy:

Is your CSI getting flushed out as well? I need to make a beer run up to Duluth and would have room to haul back other things!

CSI has been spoken for

Lucky for you many new beers from Bent paddle and Castle danger are now in cans for sale in the cities! Two new flavors from CD, cream ale and an IPA were just released in cans. Check em' out!

#7337 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

There always seems to be projects.

@#$#@$ owning a house

Went to clean lwjp. finished installing led's and cleaning. Was going to tweak the flippers. Saw I had a couple extra sleeves so I did the left flipper, went to the right...half the screws were broke and the mech started working like crap. Rebuild kit on the way :/ luckily I found it before I put it out but ugh.

Onto fixing the SS......

#7338 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

@#$#@$ owning a house
Went to clean lwjp. finished installing led's and cleaning. Was going to tweak the flippers. Saw I had a couple extra sleeves so I did the left flipper, went to the right...half the screws were broke and the mech started working like crap. Rebuild kit on the way :/ luckily I found it before I put it out but ugh.
Onto fixing the SS......

All I can hope is that your breaking even on the whole thing.

#7339 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

All I can hope is that your breaking even on the whole thing.

all is good

The ss...freaking chevy. New clamp on the shifter linkage. Seems to shift better. The shift linkage is binding a ton and blocking out gear randomly. Hard to race or back out of the garage when you can't get into gear :-p

#7340 8 years ago

Hey Dudes,

Picking up a Dr. Dude at the end of next month.

Looking for some parts.

Plastics, Mix Master or anything unique to the machine.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/23002

#7341 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

all is good
The ss...freaking chevy. New clamp on the shifter linkage. Seems to shift better. The shift linkage is binding a ton and blocking out gear randomly. Hard to race or back out of the garage when you can't get into gear :-p

Be careful

http://www.tmz.com/2015/07/30/845k-porsche-parking-lot-crash-video/

#7342 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

LED's? Nooooooo!

#7343 8 years ago
Quoted from bintzknocker:

I had a custom piece done for a dining room table a few years back where they came out and measured then custom made the piece, I want to say it was Harmon's glass commercial division(not auto glass). You may want to try one of the companies online that sells pinball glass as well as the table glass had the green tint in it.

Pinball glass or invisglass.

#7345 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Dont these pictures look the same from these 2 ads?
" target="_blank">milwaukee.craigslist.org link
ebay.com link » Williams High Speed Ii Getaway Pinball Machine

Yup. The price on ebay covers the fees I'll bet. But even at 3k it had better be MINT.

#7346 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Dont these pictures look the same from these 2 ads?
milwaukee.craigslist.org link
ebay.com link » Williams High Speed Ii Getaway Pinball Machine

I wonder who the picture thief is. Offer the guy in east Troy $1500 and see if he bites.

#7347 8 years ago

Mobile Payments now accepted! That's correct, you can now play pinball without cash or quarters at East Side Pinball. Download the Payrange app on iOS or Android, register in seconds, securely fund your mobile wallet and start flippin! Come in this weekend and enjoy a free game on any PayRange enabled machine! Simply fund your account, click the special offers tab and swipe to credit up your favorite machine!
Enabled Machines:
Wizard of Oz
Kiss Pro
WrestleMania Pro
The Walking Dead Pro
Mustang Pro
Star Trek Pro
South Park
Payments accepted are Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and ApplePay!
No payment information is stored on machines or handled by East Side Pinball. All transactions are handled security through your own device and PayRange.
Download and flip out with us this weekend as we launch a new way to enjoy location pinball!
logo-full-color.pnglogo-full-color.pngIMG_0384.jpgIMG_0384.jpg

#7348 8 years ago

Anyone looking for a good deal on a pool table? I got a relative in lake elmo (pretty close to green acres tubing hills) Trying to get rid of a 9 foot topline pool table from the mid 60s. Asking $300 or best offer, they really need the space.

pm me if interested

00808_2hxQMRUcbGD_600x450.jpg00808_2hxQMRUcbGD_600x450.jpg

#7349 8 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I wonder who the picture thief is. Offer the guy in east Troy $1500 and see if he bites.

Yeah I just don't want to get spammed with email

#7350 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yup. The price on ebay covers the fees I'll bet. But even at 3k it had better be MINT.

Yeah your missing the fact that the eBay ad says the machine is in NJ. Now East Troy, WI

There are 20,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 415.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread/page/147 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.