1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png
There are 20,728 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 415.
#6451 9 years ago

Starting to finalize details for the Launch Party on the 8th. Everyone is going to be getting a custom Wrestlemania Launch Party T-shirt, 2 qualifying attempts on Wrestlemania, Free Play on 6 other pinball machines and a raffle ticket for additional prizes. Full details are now included in the original event description. Any other questions, please let me know. Thanks!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1547501762178052

beard6.jpgbeard6.jpg
#6452 9 years ago

Off topic I know but my brother has a Toobin' vid if anyone is interested. All works except waterfall effect in marquee. Pretty nice condition. Asking $325.

#6453 9 years ago

Dang it. I loved this game. Dare I let go of a Pin slot for a vid??????

#6454 9 years ago

Fair price Rusty GLWS

#6455 9 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Off topic I know but my brother has a Toobin' vid if anyone is interested. All works except waterfall effect in marquee. Pretty nice condition. Asking $325.

I love my Toobin'. Bump for a fun game!

#6456 9 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

I wouldn't. It's really not that good under repeat play, and the control system is awkward and confusing to pinks.

#6457 9 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

As someone who does collect arcades, don't do it.

#6458 9 years ago

Chris. Probably not. From what I understand it's more fun with 2 players and not so great with one. If anyone is interested I will get the pictures and a better description before you make the drive.

#6459 9 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Chris. Probably not. From what I understand it's more fun with 2 players and not so great with one. If anyone is interested I will get the pictures and a better description before you make the drive.

It's an awesome game, even better with 2 players, but you have to not allow unlimited continues. Unlimited lives makes any button smasher from back in the day boring.

#6460 9 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

It's an awesome game, even better with 2 players, but you have to not allow unlimited continues. Unlimited lives makes any button smasher from back in the day boring.

Go for the 1cc

#6461 9 years ago

Ok thanks for everyone's input. I'm going to pass on toobin'. As a result I still have 1 space left in my gameroom. Someone is now required to sell me a Junkyard..........

Thanks

Chris

#6462 9 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Someone is now required to sell me a junkyard..........

I think this might be the longest I've seen you search for a game. Going to be sweet when you finally score one!

#6463 9 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Someone is now required to sell me a junkyard..........

Have you checked in a junkyard yet.

#6464 9 years ago

Anyone in the area selling an Addams Family?

#6465 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

I think this might be the longest I've seen you search for a game. Going to be sweet when you finally score one!

I'm with you Ken. I'm looking forward to the day

#6466 9 years ago

Tully had JY at one point... I distinctly remember it from waunabowl a few years back. I think it belonged to one of his friends? Contact him Chris and see if he knows where is now resides.

#6468 9 years ago

Yeah I need to hit Gap up.

Its been a while since I have been in his showroom. Always a nice trip down to see his stuff and chit chat about pins.

I hope after MGC I will have cleared out a few machines hanging around and then I will have the space.

chris

#6469 9 years ago

Ribs are gone. Hot Dogs and CHEESE PUMP are going strong.

LTG : )™

#6470 9 years ago

Thanks for the good times Lloyd, Famous Daves is always good! Not a great night for pinball for me, but good to see the nice crowd, pool players etc. Cheers!

#6471 9 years ago

Damn, had to miss it, working on the Mustang at the shop. Any pictures?

#6472 9 years ago

So who won the beer from the Blainbrook tournament last night?

#6473 9 years ago
Quoted from ahanson:

So who won the beer from the Blainbrook tournament last night?

Frame did I guess. I wasn't at the tournament, but he posted it on Facebook.

#6474 9 years ago

Speaking of beer...

In case anyone is interested in what is (IMHO) a pretty great poster and didn't notice the thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/killer-pinball-poster-for-sf-beer-week-2015

Posters now available through
http://sfbrewersguild.org/store

beer.pngbeer.png

#6475 9 years ago

And lunch with LTG : ) is over.

Thank you to all who came and made it special !

LTG : )

#6476 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

And lunch with LTG : ) is over.
Thank you to all who came and made it special !

Thanks Lloyd. I had to get back to work, so I couldn't stay long, but it was fun to hang out for a bit.

#6477 9 years ago

We are going to have another get together this coming Friday 2pm to 3pm. Pizza from Pizza Lucé and some pins on free play.

#6478 9 years ago

My wife has decided that we need to go to Minneapolis at the end of March. She's luring me up there with the promise of pinball.

The catch is that our 15 year old will be tagging along. The pin map and this thread show several promising pinball places, but I'm wondering how they rate for family (teen) friendly environments?

Suggestions?

#6479 9 years ago

SS Billiards is family friendly.

#6480 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

SS Billiards is family friendly.

Lunch at the chinese place next door, then pins at SS. God I miss that.

#6481 9 years ago

other game sold WCS no longer actively for sale

#6482 9 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

My wife has decided that we need to go to Minneapolis at the end of March. She's luring me up there with the promise of pinball.
The catch is that our 15 year old will be tagging along. The pin map and this thread show several promising pinball places, but I'm wondering how they rate for family (teen) friendly environments?
Suggestions?

If you can lose the wife and kid for a little while, Mortimer's would be well worth your trip.

Blainbrook is also good for the entire family in the north metro. If you get over to the east metro, Sun Ray Lanes would be an excellent family stop as well.

#6483 9 years ago

Thanks for the location tips. Can't wait to play more pinball.

#6484 9 years ago

New location:
Kelly's Bleachers - Wind Lake, WI

Sopranos and Stern Playboy.

#6485 9 years ago

Just putting out a feeler. Have a friend looking to sell his Barb Wire. Havn't got details or pics yet. I will likely post it here for sale soon. Anyone have any interest in this title? Says it's in "good" condition.

#6486 9 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Just putting out a feeler. Have a friend looking to sell his Barb Wire. Havn't got details or pics yet. I will likely post it here for sale soon. Anyone have any interest in this title? Says it's in "good" condition.

Is this the same one he? offered to Steve in Dekalb a few months back and then changed his mind?

Not sure if same one or same guy, but SSbodyman may still be interested.

#6487 9 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

I'm interested, pending price and details/pics

#6488 9 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I'm interested, pending price and details/pics

I will likely talk to Paul tomorrow. I will try and get some details and some general info regarding Barb Wire, maybe a few pics and a "rough" price too.

#6489 9 years ago

Here's a grail pin for most people on msp craigslist right now...
Cactus Canyon and he knows what eBay wants for it!
Not sure if it's in a climate controlled environment, but anyways it's too rich for my blood...

minneapolis.craigslist.org link

#6490 9 years ago
Quoted from BlueIrocGuy:

Here's a grail pin for most people on msp craigslist right now...
Cactus Canyon and he knows what eBay wants for it!
Not sure if it's in a climate controlled environment, but anyways it's too rich for my blood...
minneapolis.craigslist.org link

I'm guessing he's about $10,000 too high. (assuming working, decent condition)
http://bostonpinball.biz/ebay_1114.htm

#6491 9 years ago

I think so as well on his 'asking' price. I'm more interested on what the condition of the pin would be, after going through a few years of the freeze-thaw cycle in an unheated storage locker (if that's where it's at) in Minnesota? Anyone had any problems with a game in long term, deep freeze storage? Inserts raising, rusting metal, etc...

#6492 9 years ago

Come on guys. eBay says its 18000. "He know what it's worth" now pay him

#6493 9 years ago

He's NEVER gonna sell it at that price, I don't care if it's NIB he won't get that.

#6494 9 years ago
Quoted from Timerider:

I'm guessing he's about $10,000 too high. (assuming working, decent condition)
http://bostonpinball.biz/ebay_1114.htm

I just sent him some friendly sales advise.

#6495 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I just sent him some friendly sales advise.

I'm sure he'll take that well.

#6496 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

I'm sure he'll take that well.

I'm sure. But he has to know the things I "suggested" like get it out of storage and clean it and make sure everything works because buyers will always want to see and play a game before they buy and a few other things, normal things to us pinheads. I didn't say a word about his price, I didn't want to go into that minefield. And at the end I wished him a good sale.

#6497 9 years ago

I have some bad news for everyone. The Wrestlemania LE Launch Party has been cancelled due to factors beyond our control and will not be rescheduled. I have now been "asked" not to post any further details on this.

D&G wants to apologize to everyone who was looking forward to the event and had made plans to be there. We are going to try to come up with an alternate event for this Sunday so everyone who had planned on attending can still come out and have fun. I'll keep this group updated on that.

#6498 9 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I have some bad news for everyone. The Wrestlemania LE Launch Party has been cancelled and will not be rescheduled.
Over a month ago now, D&G volunteered to do a Wrestlemania LE Launch Party. Stern knew the date, never had a problem with it, and they put it on their official launch party flyer. For the last week or so, D&G has been calling and writing to multiple people over at Stern about the status of the game, much of which fell on deaf ears and apparently didn't even apparently warrant a response. The distributor they bought the game from didn't have much more luck getting answers either. It's pretty difficult to have a Wrestlemania LE Launch Party without a Wrestlemania LE machine though. Not to mention. we still don't even have the trophy or the prize package for the event either. It was either never sent or lost along the way somewhere, but D&G can't get a helpful response about that either...that was the least of our problems and could have handled. Stern doesn't seem to care about all this, but this is not acceptable to D&G who understand that people have taken off work to make themselves available for the party and that people were looking forward to it for a month now. Money was spent on t-shirts and advertising for the event for that day and that day was even published in the Star Tribune for the entire state of MN to potentially see. This whole thing is especially disheartening since D&G went out of their way to not use their Metallica LE at that launch party at Stern's request because they didn't want it seen publicly yet. Stern was supposed to "owe them one" for that, but apparently that doesn't even include basic communication. So to make a long story short, the final decision today was to cancel the event and it will not be rescheduled. D&G has little faith that if it was pushed back, that we wouldn't just be in the same situation again that we are in now. It's unfortunate that it has come to this and that this all could have been avoided by simply communicating. D&G wants to apologize to everyone who was looking forward to the event and had made plans to be there.

Are you cancelling the party and the order for the LE or just the party?

#6499 9 years ago

thanks stinks Les! sorry for your efforts going to waste

#6500 9 years ago

They have been a suck fest for a month. It took 3 weeks to get a answer from Powers about a warranty part.

There are 20,728 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 415.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread/page/130 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.