1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png
There are 20,725 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 415.
#601 11 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

I figured the vikings would pick up Woodson

I thought the Bears would pick up Woodson, since Cutler likes throwing to him so much.

#602 11 years ago

Any of the Twin Cities guys going to MGC have room to give a pin a ride back to the cities for me. I would throw some green your way for the assistance. We have 5 people in our SUV and I need to bring a game back as well

#603 11 years ago

Any of the Twin Cities guys going to MGC have room to give a pin a ride back to the cities for me. I would throw some green your way for the assistance. We have 5 people in our SUV and I need to bring a game back as well

#604 11 years ago
Quoted from DuckBrian:

I might. I'll have an enclosed trailer. Depends on what I bring down, on wether I'll have room. PM me, and we can discuss it.

Bill

#605 11 years ago
Quoted from PBaller22:

, then SS Billiards at 3:30pm, if anyone is interested in coming out for a few games. If

I'll try to make it to SS at 3:30. Look for a bald guy that looks like an English Bulldog.

#606 11 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

I'll try to make it to SS at 3:30. Look for a bald guy that looks like an English Bulldog.

I'm ready.

LTG : )

#607 11 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

Thank you for stopping in Ryan ! and Matt and Terry !

Always a great day when Pinsiders are in the mix !

LTG : )

#608 11 years ago

The games are looking and playing really excellent Lloyd!

#609 11 years ago

Good to meet fellow pinsiders. Shots were made, extra balls were earned, replay credits were shared. Even saw some Blainbrook tournament goers there(not sure if they are on here too). Saw 1 contrasting styles of play. A high-energy movin' & shakin on MM, and a carefully cradled, calculated slow play style in CFTBL. Both scored crazy points.

#610 11 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

Saw 1 contrasting styles of play. A high-energy movin' & shakin on MM, and a carefully cradled, calculated slow play style in CFTBL. Both scored crazy points.

You'll have to witness my style of play at MGC. It's the hit every post in the game, and miss as many shots as possible. It keeps the competition guessing.

#611 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

any of the local crew want to do an honor based mini tournament on Saturday of MGC?
I was thinking :
Get X number (maybe 10-20) of us to commit. $5 or $10 buy in. We decide on 10-12 games to play throughout the day.
Honor system. The first game you play on that game is what you write down for a score (no cheating as it defeats the whole purpose of a fun little locals thing).

Hey Hilton,

Where did this end up? Do we need to make this formal in some way. Is that the tourney program I see out there made for us Mac folks? I would happily keep track of scores for the group. Maybe print up some sheets based on the machines that come in Friday night.

Have you been collecting name of people that are interested? Or am I just jumping the gun.

Let me know your thoughts.

Chris

#612 11 years ago

I had not formalized anything. If you want to run with it, PLEASE feel free! My plate is more than full. I had really not gone any further than the thought stage.

I like the idea of checking out games on Friday. Making up a list and then printing them off.

How about something like this...

First 20 people to sign up are in. Commit by adding a number and your name to the list below (copy and paste to your post and add yourself)

$10 buy in? 50% payout to 1st, 30% for second, 20% for third

On Friday, Chris and I will come up with a list of 12 games that must be played ASAP on Saturday (in order to avoid issues of multiple games being down). If a game is down and out then tough titty >> go play early

Scoring > 20 points for highest score on each game, 18 for second, 16 for third, 15, 14, 13... That gives a slight bonus for being highest score of second highest score. (maybe just use standard IFPA scoring also as that would make it easy since I could use my CPU with the pinball tourney software)

You get to pitch out the score for 2 games (i.e. only 10 games count, just cross off the 2 you want to pitch). This will help make things fair in case a game goes down and you have not been able to play it.

We will print out 20 forms for those that enter. We will need to come up with some sort of way to get cash and handout forms.

Lets say 6 pm is cutoff to hand in your completed entry form (remember this is honor system > no cheating, you write down your own score for your first attempt on that game, you cross out the 2 games you do not want to count.

Chris and I can compile scores and then do the payout at 7pm at the bar.

thoughts, suggestions, get on the list...

1. Whysnow (Hilton)

#613 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I had not formalized anything. If you want to run with it, PLEASE feel free! My plate is more than full. I had really not gone any further than the thought stage.
I like the idea of checking out games on Friday. Making up a list and then printing them off.
First 20 people to sign up are in. Commit by adding a number and your name to the list below (copy and paste to your post and add yourself)
On Friday, Chris and I will come up with a list of 12 games that must be played ASAP on Saturday (in order to avoid issues of multiple games being down). If a game is down and out then tough titty >> go play early
Scoring > 20 points for highest score on each game, 18 for second, 16 for third, 15, 14, 13... That gives a slight bonus for being highest score of second highest score
You get to pitch out the score for 2 games (i.e. only 10 games count, just cross off the 2 you want to pitch). This will help make things fair in case a game goes down and you have not been able to play it.
We will print out 20 forms for those that enter. We will need to come up with some sort of way to get cash and handout forms.
Lets say 6 pm is cutoff to hand in your completed entry form (remember this is honor system > no cheating, you write down your own score for your first attempt on that game, you cross out the 2 games you do not want to count.
1. Whysnow (Hilton)
2. Rustylizard (Russ)

#614 11 years ago

I'm in!

#615 11 years ago

1. Whysnow (Hilton)
2. Rustylizard (Russ)
3. Ranhorton (Randy)

add yourself to the list guys...

#616 11 years ago

1. Whysnow (Hilton)
2. Rustylizard (Russ)
3. Ranhorton (Randy)
4. Chriss. (Chris)

#617 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Scoring > 20 points for highest score on each game, 18 for second, 16 for third, 15, 14, 13... That gives a slight bonus for being highest score of second highest score. (maybe just use standard IFPA scoring also as that would make it easy since I could use my CPU with the pinball tourney software)
1. Whysnow (Hilton)

Sounds like a plan.

Should we say 11:00am meet in the hotel lobby to collect money and hand out forms. Where hotel check in is at? NOT the show check in. Then everyone meets back there at 6pm to turn forms in. Or hit one of us up on the floor durning the day.

Thoughts

#618 11 years ago

Anybody in the know about the video game tournaments at the MGC? The page for the Black Ops 2 (2V2) tournament on Friday says it's an 8:00 start but the ticket says 9:00.

#619 11 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

It is in the bar in the far back corner all alone. I had missed it in there before too. I finally went and looked for games and saw it. Plays good too, volume is low so it is tough to hear though.
Demori's and DeLeo's are route pins from ops. DeLeo's is Mendota Valley and Demori's is AVA I believe.

Sadly... Its now a BBH. My son and I stopped in the other night.

#620 11 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

Sadly... Its now a BBH. My son and I stopped in the other night.

Yuck! That is a bummer. What a downgrade...

#621 11 years ago

It's getting closer....

#622 11 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Sounds like a plan.
Should we say 11:00am meet in the LOBBY to collect money and hand out forms. NOT the show check in. Then everyone meets back there at 6pm to turn forms in. Or hit one of us up on the floor durning the day.
Thoughts

Sounds good to me, lets meet at the LOBBY! Everyone that signs up needs to find Chris or myself in the LOBBY at 11am on Saturday. You pay and get a form with games to play. Meet at the hotel LOBBY at 6pm to turn in forms. If you are done early then find Chris or I am hand in your form >> it will help to allow me to enter scores into a spreadsheet whenever I take a break from playing during the day.

NOW SIGN UP!!!
1. Whysnow (Hilton)
2. Rustylizard (Russ)
3. Ranhorton (Randy)
4. Chriss. (Chris)

#623 11 years ago

the bar will be much less busy at 11am then the lobby will be. Also, 6 at the bar is likely where many of you WI boys will be anyway

#624 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

the bar will be much less busy at 11am then the lobby will be.

Heh, actually... no, don't do that.

At 11am, Hyperkin is revealing the Retron 4 console at our speaking area, which is in the bar. If you search for Retron 4, you'll see just how much national attention this has had... Lobby would be MUCH less busy. Remember - we use every inch of the hotel, so everything is busy... which is both a good and a bad thing.

#625 11 years ago

oops. Sorry, did not realize that the bar was in use. Should have figured.

Dan, will the lobby be the least busy place? Can you suggest a good place for us all to easily and quickly meet up besides the lobby? I remembered last year that the lobby was complete chaos as people were still lined up all the way through the lobby in order to get into the show... maybe I am remembering wrong?

#626 11 years ago

Dan how much neo geo stuff is normally there?

#627 11 years ago

Question for MGC vets: what is the preferred payment method for vendors at the show?

Should I plan on bringing a fat wad of cash? or are most vendors cool with CC payments?

(For what it's worth, I do NOT plan to buy a game at the show. So, that wad of cash won't be needed.)

#628 11 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

I figured the vikings would pick up Woodson or Saturday. We know how you guys like our table scraps.
chris

The Vikes would love your table scrap named Greg Jennings.

#629 11 years ago
Quoted from boomer:

Greg Jennings.

Not ideal to see him go in the division, but the vikings giving up a 24 yo receiver on the rise for a 30 yo injury prone receiver headed for an inevitable decline... I guess there could be worse things.

#630 11 years ago
Quoted from boomer:

The Vikes would love your table scrap named Greg Jennings.

you guys can have him.

#631 11 years ago
Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

Question for MGC vets: what is the preferred payment method for vendors at the show?
Should I plan on bringing a fat wad of cash? or are most vendors cool with CC payments?
(For what it's worth, I do NOT plan to buy a game at the show. So, that wad of cash won't be needed.)

Last year when i was there it seemed like cash was king.
There's an ATM in the hotel but you run the risk of it being "cashed out" since there are a ton of people in and out and it's a small machine.

#632 11 years ago

I would suggest bringing Minnesota cash with you and leaving it here. Cash keeps everything moving faster and save the vendors the extra fees. Might even help with their bookkeeping.

#633 11 years ago

I'd be in for the mini-tourney.. I will be @ MGC all weekend anyway, and $10 is a cheap donation for a chump like me..

5. Guru-420 (Gar)

For the guys inquiring about bringing cash, there are a bunch of banks a few blocks north of the hotel with ATMs, as well as Brookfield Square Mall. Don't bet the ATM at the hotel will have any money in it...

#634 11 years ago

Buncha replies... keep questions coming if you'd like, I'll try to keep checking when I have a moment here and there...

Quoted from Whysnow:

Dan, will the lobby be the least busy place? Can you suggest a good place for us all to easily and quickly meet up besides the lobby? I remembered last year that the lobby was complete chaos as people were still lined up all the way through the lobby in order to get into the show... maybe I am remembering wrong?

Lobby was / is mostly cleared out by 11am, as the "cash door" on the vendor side is where 99% of our non-pre-sale attendance comes in. We think / hope that our new ticketing method will make getting wristbands here take like 10 seconds. The lobby will have the table top gaming stuff in it, but there is part of it NOT set up with that stuff, so I would say that would work. Otherwise, honestly... I have no idea. It's going to all be busy since the hotel is cool with us using everything. Only other thought is gift shop

Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Dan how much neo geo stuff is normally there?

It totally varies year to year. Last year, I don't think there was any, the year before there was like five or six cabs and a couple people selling games / carts. I haven't heard of anything in particular yet, but I do know one of our video vendors asked me if I thought he should bring some of them, and I said that if they were priced right yes.

I would say 50% can take credit card, but 100% can take cash. The wireless is a bit flakey at times, which means that cash always works, but credit may have issues.

Quoted from Guru-420:

Don't bet the ATM at the hotel will have any money in it...

Sadly, true. We get it fully stocked on Friday and restocked on Saturday, and it ran out of cash by noon on Sunday again last year.

#635 11 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

It totally varies year to year. Last year, I don't think there was any, the year before there was like five or six cabs and a couple people selling games / carts. I haven't heard of anything in particular yet, but I do know one of our video vendors asked me if I thought he should bring some of them, and I said that if they were priced right yes.

My interest was strictly aes not mvs. So likely not to be any of that there.

#636 11 years ago

OK,

meet in the Lobby

Everyone that signs up needs to find Chris or myself in the LOBBY at 11am on Saturday. You pay $10 and get a form with games to play. Meet at the hotel LOBBY at 6pm to turn in forms. If you are done early then find Chris or I am hand in your form >> it will help to allow me to enter scores into a spreadsheet whenever I take a break from playing during the day.

current official locals mini-competition signup list

NOW SIGN UP!!!
1. Whysnow (Hilton)
2. Rustylizard (Russ)
3. Ranhorton (Randy)
4. Chriss. (Chris)
5. Guru-420 (Gar)

#637 11 years ago

You need to bring wads of cash or friends with wads of cash. Either works best.

#638 11 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Last year when i was there it seemed like cash was king.

Quoted from RustyLizard:

Cash keeps everything moving faster and save the vendors the extra fees.

Quoted from goatdan:

I would say 50% can take credit card, but 100% can take cash. The wireless is a bit flakey at times, which means that cash always works, but credit may have issues.

Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

You need to bring wads of cash or friends with wads of cash. Either works best.

Thanks guys!

#639 11 years ago

My experience form last year is that hookers and blow are the preferred method of payment. Luckily, Milwookie has a vast supply of both

#640 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

My interest was strictly aes not mvs. So likely not to be any of that there.

There has always been some of that stuff there, although to be totally honest with you since I don't carry it in my store nor collect it myself, I can't tell you exactly how much.

I just sold a friend an AES system with like 10 games last week...

#641 11 years ago

The vendors should have a card reader for their phone...........like I do.

#642 11 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Yuck! That is a bummer. What a downgrade...

Agreed!!

#643 11 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I just sold a friend an AES system with like 10 games last week...

That fetch a small fortune?

#644 11 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

The vendors should have a card reader for their phone...........like I do.

Do you use the square? Or something else. Wonder how much the use of these between private parties is tracked.

#645 11 years ago
Quoted from ThePostmaster:

You'll have to witness my style of play at MGC. It's the hit every post in the game, and miss as many shots as possible. It keeps the competition guessing.

You know there arn't any point switches in the rubber posts or blue blocks right. Those arn't there for scoring purposes.

#646 11 years ago
Quoted from ThePostmaster:

And THAT, my friends, is why he calls himself "The Postmaster"... Who else would make it a point to hit every post in the game?

#647 11 years ago

Just an FYI, John from D&G is updating TF and XM with the new code tomorrow morning at Mortimer's if you want to check out the changes for yourself.

#648 11 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Just an FYI, John from D&G is updating TF and XM with the new code tomorrow morning at Mortimer's if you want to check out the changes for yourself.

Cool! I havent been there in a long time, might be time for a visit..

#649 11 years ago

I'm tempted to hit Mortimer's tomorrow night just for the convenience compared to hitting 1st ave & Hexagon bar. Gotta get out of the house.

#650 11 years ago

If you want to see the new TF code in the LE, More than welcome to come over today.

There are 20,725 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 415.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.