1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png
There are 20,725 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 415.
#551 11 years ago

Hi everyone. I'm new to the Minneapolis area...just moved up from Omaha. I don't have my "arcade" with me yet (or anything really), but know that pinball is alive and well up here. (As I've been drooling over pictures of Bryan Kelly's game room for a few years!) I've made it over to SS Billiards a few times already, which was a lot of fun. Don't know very many people in the Twin Cities area, so I figured I'd write a quick post here and see if anybody would be up to hit-up SS this Sunday or something. Feel free to shoot me a PM instead of a reply, as I don't mean to take up thread space. Just trying to get connected with some fellow pinball enthusiasts!

#553 11 years ago

Just sold my Baywatch to a young guy from northern Minnesota. It's nice to see younger people getting into pinball, there IS hope for the human race.

Checking out a couple machines Friday, hopefully it works out and I'll post the acquisition(s)!

#554 11 years ago
Quoted from PBaller22:

so I figured I'd write a quick post here and see if anybody would be up to hit-up SS this Sunday or something.

I will. I'll be there at noon on Sunday.

LTG : )

#555 11 years ago

LTG is always there for you, literally and figuratively!

#556 11 years ago
Quoted from PBaller22:

Hi everyone. I'm new to the Minneapolis area...just moved up from Omaha. I don't have my "arcade" with me yet (or anything really), but know that pinball is alive and well up here. (As I've been drooling over pictures of Bryan Kelly's game room for a few years!) I've made it over to SS Billiards a few times already, which was a lot of fun. Don't know very many people in the Twin Cities area, so I figured I'd write a quick post here and see if anybody would be up to hit-up SS this Sunday or something. Feel free to shoot me a PM instead of a reply, as I don't mean to take up thread space. Just trying to get connected with some fellow pinball enthusiasts!

There is a monthly tournament at Blainbrook Bowl on Saturday if you are interested. Normally about 30 people there, so that would be a good chance to meet people.

#557 11 years ago
Quoted from PBaller22:

if anybody would be up to hit-up SS this Sunday or something. Feel free to shoot me a PM instead of a reply, as I don't mean to take up thread space. Just trying to get connected with some fellow pinball enthusiasts!

Welcome to the fold. Envious of your Black Knight 2K.
I would be up for Sunday for a bit(if I don't have plans otherwise). My last pinball fix was last week at a private party(which was a blast). Been a while since I hit SS. Used to work near there. What time range?

#558 11 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

I feel pretty lucky being a Minneapolis resident and having access to all the great machines at SS Billiards, Mortimers, Blainbrook and Caffetto within about 10 miles.

I've been to SS Billiards and Blainebrook but I'm not familiar with Mortimers or Caffetto. Can someone give a rundown on the games at those two spots?

#559 11 years ago
Quoted from boomer:

I've been to SS Billiards and Blainebrook but I'm not familiar with Mortimers or Caffetto. Can someone give a rundown on the games at those two spots?

Cafetto: Last time I was there, they had 4 non-working machines. Sadly, one was BK2K and Stargate. Not sure what it has now.
Mortimers: The latest tables. X-Men, AC/DC, Tron,Avengers(I think), POTC, Sopranos, Rolling Stones. Plenty of fun stuff. I hope they get more tables since it's a fun place.

#560 11 years ago
Quoted from boomer:

I've never been to Cafetto's, but I did sell them a game. Not sure what they have currently, but I loved that BK2K when it was at SS Billiards. Super fun game.

Mortimer's has; Avengers, IM, Tron, Transformers, AC/DC, X-Men, Lord of the Rings. They have Sopranos and Rolling Stones in the back room too and are currently running TOPs Tournaments on TF, Avengers and AC/DC.

For games, try using this app. It works well and people are making a concerted effort to keep it up to date.

http://pinballmap.com/twincities

#561 11 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

Cafetto: Last time I was there, they had 4 non-working machines. Sadly, one was BK2K and Stargate. Not sure what it has now.Mortimers: The latest tables. X-Men, AC/DC, Tron,Avengers(I think), POTC, Sopranos, Rolling Stones. Plenty of fun stuff. I hope they get more tables since it's a fun place.

Mortimers also had a LOTR last time I was there. No more POTC (I think).

I can confirm that there WAS an Avengers (that had 3-4 issues).

It's worth noting that Rolling Stones and Sopranos are in a back bar that is not always open.

I was there maybe a month ago.

Hope that helps

In my opinion, SS Billiards games are always in the best playable condition, whereas other places the games might have issues sometimes.

EDIT: Take LesManley's word over mine!! He's the guy who ALWAYS knows what's on route and what condition they are in!

#562 11 years ago
Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

It's worth noting that Rolling Stones and Sopranos are in a back bar that is not always open.
Hope that helps
In my opinion, SS Billiards games are always in the best playable condition, whereas other places the games might have issues sometimes.

The Avengers plays really well now. John from D&G has spent a ton of time working with the players to dial that machine in. Pirates has been gone for a little while now.

#563 11 years ago
Quoted from PBaller22:

Welcome to the Twin Cities area! Where abouts did you settle down? I'd be down to hit up SS sometime and play some pins with ya.

#564 11 years ago

Hope that helps
EDIT: Take LesManley's word over mine!! He's the guy who ALWAYS knows what's on route and what condition they are in!

Tony, it absolutely did play like crap, you were totally right on. D&G have been very receptive to the players now which is awesome. John from D&G shows up to the monthly tournaments to clean games and fix issues on the spot and responds to e-mails about issues too. We worked with him for a few weeks to get their Avengers dialed in and it plays really well now which is cool. The Blainbrook one still plays like crap, but that is AAA that has that one there so who knows if that one will ever work right.

#565 11 years ago

This thread is getting too Minnesotaey.

#566 11 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

This thread is getting too Minnesotaey.

Funny since I thought it was becoming 99% cheese & Happy Days a few weeks ago.

The last time I went to Blainbrook, the Avengers machine had nobody on it, yet a 3rd ball was ready to play. A walk-off on a dolla game?

The Tron at Mortimer's is great. I got a way higher score on that than the Blainbrook one. I was able to properly nudge & such. The BB Tron tilts if you look at it funny. Still remember the funny bounceback on Mort's AC/DC. The ball did a SDTM drain so fast, it bounced back up, so I did a quick right nudge, hit it with the flipper, and was back in the game.

#567 11 years ago

Thanks for the responses everyone! Looks like there are some good places to play around here! A couple people mentioned Blainebrook, which appears to be a little closer to me (currently on the St. Paul side). Not sure if I can make it out Saturday for the tournament this month, but I was going to try and hit that place up at 1pm on Sun, if anyone wants to partake. I'm not opposed to heading to SS as well to meet some people later in the day or something.

#568 11 years ago

I think we need to do another Thursday night Crazy (Insert Name Here) Tournament at SS Billiards for old time sake. Wouldn't even need to be on a Thursday and Lloyd wouldn't have to spring for burgers, just a player organized friendly tournament. So many new people to meet and so many oldies but goodies that I don't get to see enough of. Maybe after the Pinball Circus at the beginning of April...which you should pencil in on your calendar right now PBaller22...it's a fantastic time.

#569 11 years ago

Just name a specific time at SS since I haven't been there in a while, and kinda filled up from the Blainebrook machines at the moment. Haven't played TZ, etc in a while.

#570 11 years ago
Quoted from PBaller22:

Thanks for the responses everyone! Looks like there are some good places to play around here! A couple people mentioned Blainebrook, which appears to be a little closer to me (currently on the St. Paul side). Not sure if I can make it out Saturday for the tournament this month, but I was going to try and hit that place up at 1pm on Sun, if anyone wants to partake. I'm not opposed to heading to SS as well to meet some people later in the day or something.

St Paul, you say? There is a place in/near Oakdale called De Leo brothers pizza. They've got 80s arcades and 3 pinballs. Last time I was there, it was Fish Tales, Stern Indiana Jones, and Avatar.

I want to say games are 3/$1?

Great food too. Certainly a place you can bring the wife and kids into.

#571 11 years ago
Quoted from PBaller22:

I might be down to hit up BB on Sunday. I'll PM ya and let ya know later.

#572 11 years ago

St Paul, you say? There is a place in/near Oakdale called De Leo brothers pizza. They've got 80s arcades and 3 pinballs. Last time I was there, it was Fish Tales, Stern Indiana Jones, and Avatar.
I want to say games are 3/$1?
Great food too. Certainly a place you can bring the wife and kids into.

Avatar and FT are 3 / $1.00. Indy is 5 for $2.00. I was just there yesterday. Indy was their game of the month last month and I won free pizza and pop for my score so I played a few games of Avatar and had some free food...good times.

They also have Galaga, Centipede, Dig Dug, Donkey Kong, Asteroids, Mario Bros., Frogger and one or two others I think...those are $.25 play too. Nice place and the owner Nathan is a great guy.

#573 11 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Avatar and FT are 3 / $1.00. Indy is 5 for $2.00. I was just there yesterday. Indy was their game of the month last month and I won free pizza and pop for my score so I played a few games of Avatar and had some free food...good times.
They also have Galaga, Centipede, Dig Dug, Donkey Kong, Asteroids, Mario Bros., Frogger and one or two others I think...those are $.25 play too. Nice place and the owner Nathan is a great guy.

It should also be noted that if you are a player with a reasonable amount of skill, you can play either of those Stern games all day for a couple bucks. The replay values seem quite liberal. I can't comment on the FT as I've never dropped a quarter in it.

#574 11 years ago

It should also be noted that if you are a player with a reasonable amount of skill, you can play either of those Stern games all day for a couple bucks. The replay values seem quite liberal. I can't comment on the FT as I've never dropped a quarter in it.

Yeppers to that. Earned a replay on Avatar there, and after I played 2 credits, I left for the bathroom. Heard the 2 knocks giving me 2 credits, and 2 kids quickly swiped it up. It was all good since it was mealtime for me there.

Deleo's has a real great setup there. Very good prices on the entertainment. I hope he gets more pins in.

Still need to try ToM at a place in Highland park in my old neighborhood. Not too far from that is a CFTBL at The Nook.

#575 11 years ago

Thank you Tony.

For anyone that doesn't know. If I'm open, I'm there.

If you have a problem with a machine - I'm there to fix it. Or worse case scenario give you games on another machine or a refund, which ever you prefer.

Most places in this area don't make refunds, you put in money at your own risk.

#576 11 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

The Tron at Mortimer's is great. I got a way higher score on that than the Blainbrook one. I was able to properly nudge & such. The BB Tron tilts if you look at it funny. Still remember the funny bounceback on Mort's AC/DC. The ball did a SDTM drain so fast, it bounced back up, so I did a quick right nudge, hit it with the flipper, and was back in the game.

You're not kidding about that Tron at BB. I don't consider myself to be a major shaker, so I had to chuckle when I tilted it. Unfortunaly, I was afraid to put any more $ into the machine and thus didn't get a good feel for the game.

#577 11 years ago

All sorts of places to play. Good deal. Well, I guess my "pinball meet-and-greet tour" on Sunday will go Blainebrook at 1pm, then SS Billiards at 3:30pm, if anyone is interested in coming out for a few games. If not no worries, but it is an excuse to go play some pinball...so there's that. (And after re-reading this post, it feels a bit Ron Burgandy...but I'm not going to re-write it...Ron Burgandy would never do that.)

#578 11 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

Yeppers to that. Earned a replay on Avatar there, and after I played 2 credits, I left for the bathroom. Heard the 2 knocks giving me 2 credits, and 2 kids quickly swiped it up. It was all good since it was mealtime for me there.
Deleo's has a real great setup there. Very good prices on the entertainment. I hope he gets more pins in.
Still need to try ToM at a place in Highland park in my old neighborhood. Not too far from that is a CFTBL at The Nook.

Avatar replay is 6,450,000 so yeah, you can play for awhile. There is a TOM at DeMori's in Oakdale, only about 1 mile from DeLeo's. DeLeo's owner Nathan is trying to get another pin in there, so we will see.

#579 11 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

DeLeo's owner Nathan is trying to get another pin in there, so we will see.

The more pins he gets in,the more he's just gonna attract those tourney weirdos and stuff.

#580 11 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

There is a TOM at DeMori's in Oakdale,

WhAt?! My son and I went there for Dinner a couple times a week and I didnt see a single pin. Havent been there in a year+.. Is TOM recent or am I just blind?

Then again, if it was in the bar, I'd have never seen it, My son and I sat in the dining area.

Quoted from LesManley:

Nathan is trying to get another pin in there, so we will see.

Does he own or lease these games?

#581 11 years ago

this feels needed in this thread given the current soter bias

#582 11 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

WhAt?! My son and I went there for Dinner a couple times a week and I didnt see a single pin. Havent been there in a year+.. Is TOM recent or am I just blind?
Then again, if it was in the bar, I'd have never seen it, My son and I sat in the dining area.

Does he own or lease these games?

It is in the bar in the far back corner all alone. I had missed it in there before too. I finally went and looked for games and saw it. Plays good too, volume is low so it is tough to hear though.

Demori's and DeLeo's are route pins from ops. DeLeo's is Mendota Valley and Demori's is AVA I believe.

#583 11 years ago

this feels needed in this thread given the current soter bias
» YouTube video

My buddy is a huge Gopher's hockey fan and this is his favorite pic. He found it online, but wants to buy the shirt if he ever finds it. To be fair, he hates every college that isn't the UMN equally...not just Wisconsin...and loves to go to North Dakota and St. Cloud on away games to rile people up.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!princess.jpg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!princess.jpg

#584 11 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

My buddy is a huge Gopher's hockey fan and this is his favorite pic. He found it online, but wants to buy the shirt if he ever finds it. To be fair, he hates every college that isn't the UMN equally...not just Wisconsin...and loves to go to North Dakota and St. Cloud on away games to rile people up.

LMAO

#585 11 years ago

A guy I work with wears this tee whenever UW plays Minnesota.
I have to admit it was pretty funny the first time I saw it.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#586 11 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

whenever UW plays Minnesota.

You mean the automatic W on the Badger schedule every year?
edit-thats for football, I recognize no other sport, well, except rugby

#587 11 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

You mean the automatic W on the Badger schedule every year?

Yup.
But when it comes to Big 10 football I have to be careful what I say or do because I married a Buckeye.

#588 11 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

I married a Buckeye.

Buckeyes are probably going to dominate the Big Ten the next 5-6 years till Meyer gets bored there.

#589 11 years ago

They definitely had a hell of a year in 2012.
When we used to live in Columbus back in the early 2000s (when they were a powerhouse) it was definitely an experience to go to OUS tailgates but personally I think most Buckeye fans are batshit crazy.
Over the past 3 years of living in Wisconsin we've hit a few tailgates and the UW fans are a lot more fun and friendly.
I'll take UW game day festivities over OSU every time.

#590 11 years ago

Here's to hoping the Packers nab Montee Ball in the draft 3rd round!

#591 11 years ago

Here's to the Vikings for drafting someone sometime!

#592 11 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Here's to the Vikings for drafting someone sometime!

LOL! Wasnt that about 5 years ago they didnt get there pick in time and got skipped in the order? I thought that was quite amusing.

#593 11 years ago

Seems we get the washed up classics or over hyped youth at QB. I just wish we could take advantage of AP more, an accurate QB or a WR that can catch a ball would be great!

#594 11 years ago

I figured the vikings would pick up Woodson or Saturday. We know how you guys like our table scraps.

chris

#595 11 years ago

Milwaukee WI checking in. New to pinside, and relatively new to the pin hobby as well. Currently have a SF2, RS and freshly restored/shopped Gulfstream EM in the lineup. Attempting to breathe life back into a Lucky Ace EM, and always on the lookout for a PF replacement for my SMDM in storage. Also have about 15 arcade machines in The Garcade (http://www.arcade-museum.com/members/member_detail.php?member_id=439640).

Packer fan at heart, but ashamed to admit I am also a closet Vikings fan (family was from Faribault, MN).

I will be at MGC all weekend this year, and at Tom's place as well.

#596 11 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

I figured the vikings would pick up Woodson or Saturday. We know how you guys like our table scraps.
chris

So negative Chris, so so negative.

#597 11 years ago
Quoted from Guru-420:

Milwaukee WI checking in. New to pinside, and relatively new to the pin hobby as well. Currently have a SF2, RS and freshly restored/shopped Gulfstream EM in the lineup. Attempting to breathe life back into a Lucky Ace EM, and always on the lookout for a PF replacement for my SMDM in storage. Also have about 15 arcade machines in The Garcade (http://www.arcade-museum.com/members/member_detail.php?member_id=439640).
Packer fan at heart, but ashamed to admit I am also a closet Vikings fan (family was from Faribault, MN).
I will be at MGC all weekend this year, and at Tom's place as well.

Fellow KLOV'er, welcome.

#598 11 years ago

When is Minneapolis getting a Pin/Video expo like Louisville/Milwaukee/MI/TX/etc have? They all seem like a great time but are always to damn far away!

#599 11 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

When is Minneapolis getting a Pin/Video expo like Louisville/Milwaukee/MI/TX/etc have? They all seem like a great time but are always to damn far away!

As soon as you put it together.

First problem is too many shows in the USA now, so attendance from out of the area is going to be tough. Look how PPE took west coast attendees from Expo.

Next up - A dozen hard core helpers - but they want to be at the show not running it.

Then a hotel/convention - price that out. Don't forget guarantee on rooms, food, and bars - and even if you don't make it but pony up the money yourself, they may not want you back next year.

Oh yeah, money - besides the hotel/convention. Advertizing and promotion, prizes, tournaments, getting games there, the list goes on.

You need all that money up front.

This has come up in the past. And you always hit the lack of wall. Lack of money. Lack of dedicated people to run it. Lack of attendees.

And to compete and maybe break even or make money. You have to come on strong. The days of building up a show over the years is over.

Best wishes with your show !

#600 11 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Incidentally the Pinball Circus is coming up April 6th & 7th. Four pinball tournaments. Four one ball TOPS tournaments. Goose Egg event. etc. etc.

If you want to bring in a dozen video games to expand the event. Contact me.

There are 20,725 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 415.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.