1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png

There are 17,320 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 347.
#501 8 years ago

Thanks Phet! Yaay, no more JM thread!

#502 8 years ago

look at us. 500 posts. I bet Rusty sure is proud of his little thread

#503 8 years ago
Quoted from crank:

You're most welcome. Now to trade JM for a DM or JD. (in a few weeks or so)

#504 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am but I keep getting this urge to whine about not one like for the original post. I will restrain myself though.

#505 8 years ago
Quoted from crank:

Hey, hey , hey. No hating on Johnny. It all ended up working out just fine.

#506 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

it should be bumped up from "unofficial" to "official" status.

bump it up, russ!

#507 8 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

it should be bumped up from "unofficial" to "official" status.
bump it up, russ!

This requires a poll. Open to suggestions for a new name for the thread. Only rule is a new member from our area must be able to recognize what it is so they are tempted to enter.

#508 8 years ago

Official Wisconsota thread? It was started here, so it can't be Minnesconsin...

#509 8 years ago

I think just removing the 'un' from 'Unofficial' is all that is needed.

to be totally honest, this thread has reduced my viewing of the rest of the forums by a fair amount. My skimming is going much faster these days.

Thanks Russ

#510 8 years ago

I agree with Russ. Official sounds all official and stuff.

#511 8 years ago

Yes, I do hit the "activity" link more than anything else, but excuse me, there's one thing lacking in this thread lately: MINNESOTA and stuff. Thank you.

#512 8 years ago
Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

I think just removing the 'un' from 'Unofficial' is all that is needed.
to be totally honest, this thread has reduced my viewing of the rest of the forums by a fair amount. My skimming is going much faster these days.
Thanks Russ

Tony, it appears you got some sort of pinball/pool game that you didn't report in this thread. Snap to it boy.

Spider-Man is still my newest. JD is probably leaving Sunday. Jonogo may be fulfilling his lifelong dream of taking my Bad Cats home and I am getting a pin as soon as it is pulled off route in 2-3 weeks. Can't jinx it by naming it until its secured in the back of the Ford Flex.

Trying to buy that Bride of Pinbot way up north but the mob had descended on them and they are now thinking about fixing and keeping it. If only people would call me first instead of wasting their time posting things for sale on CL.

#513 8 years ago

i've just come to the conclusion, that Wi/MN people are a bunch of socialites. We all have high Karma social ratings. I thought I was just the one that was long winded, but going down the list looks like everyone will give me a run for the money on the talking aspect. No wonder we never get anything accomplished during pinball events. To busy shooting the shit.

#514 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i've just come to the conclusion, that Wi/MN people are a bunch of socialites. We all have high Karma social ratings. I thought I was just the one that was long winded, but going down the list looks like everyone will give me a run for the money on the talking aspect. No wonder we never get anything accomplished during pinball events. To busy shooting the shit.

Neo, I am going to bring an NOS Jungle Lord playfield set along to MGC. I want you to give me an estimate on minor touch ups and clearcoating.

#515 8 years ago

both upper and lower? Sounds good. Bring it along. Something like that I can squeeze through the system fairly fast for you.

#516 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

both upper and lower? Sounds good. Bring it along. Something like that I can squeeze through the system fairly fast for you.

Would be cool if I could get it there now and pick it up at MGC. Anyone passing through Wausau and Burlington this week?

#517 8 years ago

well if your bringing it to waunakee tourney on sat., I probably can have it done by MGC.

#518 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

well if your bringing it to waunakee tourney on sat., I probably can have it done by MGC.

Would love to come but my son has a Bball tourney and working 5 out of 6 Saturdays I don't see many of them.

#519 8 years ago

6 hour san update....so @#$#$ glad I leave a pin at work

#520 8 years ago

So did any "locals" pick up the 10K MB in Fergus and snag the BSD along with it? I responded to his add and asked if he would be willing to part with the BSD. He said anything is for sale for the right price. Emailed back yesterday to arrange to look at it this weekend and he said he had just sold both. Damnit, I figured the BSD was safe since there wasn't even a for sale add for it. Oh well, next time I'm leaving work, hitting the bank for some cash, and hittin the road. If anyone got the BSD and is willing to part with it I am interested.

#521 8 years ago
Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

I think there were just three:
I bought one from Maryland and had it shipped. It was subsequently sold to the owner of Rocco's pizza in Little Canada
Postmaster had a WWF (not sure where he got it). It was traded to Jonogo. Jonogo subsequently traded it to a gentlemen WAY up north. Location was Hibbing if I remember correctly. I believe he still has the game.
Most recently, Whysnow (Madison, WI) had one that he sold ... maybe 2-3 months ago. He may be able to comment where it came from and where it went.
So, there weren't a ton a WWF's, it was the same 3 that changed hands a few times.

Still got it i never thought it would be a fun theme but it is wife hates it tho lolshe can play her gilligans

#522 8 years ago

So I am heading back east to Wi Mar 7th - 12th. More specifically, I am heading back to Green Bay for a wedding. I am not sure what I will do so many days in a row without Pinball, so I am hoping someone is in the GB area that I can maybe come hang and play some Pinball. I also plan on stopping down in Chicago to check out BHZA. Send me a PM! ;p

#523 8 years ago

Blainebrook. Still in shock from my last visit. Go MN.

#524 8 years ago

Well, I would like to fill out an app for membership please. I'm finally leaving Chicagoland behind! I spent my youth and every summer in Rhinelander. Well somehow me ,the family, the pins and the dogs are changing zip codes. I'll be at the MGC this year. Last year I went to check things out and kinda kept to myself. This year I'm bringing T2. Its about as modded as can get. Question, Is there help to load in?

#525 8 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

Question, Is there help to load in?

yes, there is. If there isn't, just find Hilton and he'll help.

#526 8 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

Well, I would like to fill out an app for membership please. I'm finally leaving Chicagoland behind! I spent my youth and every summer in Rhinelander. Well somehow me ,the family, the pins and the dogs are changing zip codes. I'll be at the MGC this year. Last year I went to check things out and kinda kept to myself. This year I'm bringing T2. Its about as modded as can get. Question, Is there help to load in?

Are you going back to Rhinelander? If so you will only be 80 miles from me. That's neighbors in the pinball world.

#527 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i've just come to the conclusion, that Wi/MN people are a bunch of socialites. We all have high Karma social ratings

Heh. The one thing with MN and social groups, cliques is that "you have to be in the scene to be in the scene". While there is the myth of "MN nice", we are a cliquey bunch.

#528 8 years ago

I don't know about Cliquey, but we sure the hell are chatty.

#529 8 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Tony, it appears you got some sort of pinball/pool game that you didn't report in this thread. Snap to it boy.

Picked up a Hi Score Pool off of the local CL. I'll be bringing it to MGC as it's pretty unique and fun to play a few times. Not a traditional pinball at all.

I also picked up a Goldeneye from a Wisconsinite. (King Pin Chris) It was routed. It's not a collectors piece, but I'm having fun cleaning it up and playing it. Knowing me, it'll be for sale in 1-3 months.

#530 8 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Jonogo may be fulfilling his lifelong dream of taking my Bad Cats home

My Son's Life long dream, which has now shifted focus.. I may never be able to bring him to the pin side. He has been sucked in my this new fangled do-hickey-ma-jobber called an "ex-Box"..

#531 8 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

called an "ex-Box"..

That's what I call the ex wife.

#532 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballkim:

So did any "locals" pick up the 10K MB in Fergus and snag the BSD along with it? I responded to his add and asked if he would be willing to part with the BSD. He said anything is for sale for the right price. Emailed back yesterday to arrange to look at it this weekend and he said he had just sold both. Damnit, I figured the BSD was safe since there wasn't even a for sale add for it. Oh well, next time I'm leaving work, hitting the bank for some cash, and hittin the road. If anyone got the BSD and is willing to part with it I am interested.

If you happen to know of a nice banzai run I would part with my nice unfaded bsd with oxblood powder coat, but its one of the only games that would pry it from my clutches.

#533 8 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

My Son's Life long dream, which has now shifted focus.. I may never be able to bring him to the pin side. He has been sucked in my this new fangled do-hickey-ma-jobber called an "ex-Box"..

Aww. There's room in life for both pins and video games. And beer.

#534 8 years ago

It is like Christmas Eve to me. Tomorrow morning can't come quick enough. Tomorrow is the 3rd Annual Waun-a-Pinball Tournament in Waunakee WI. We have grown the past couple years and it looks like it will grow again this year. It will be a long day for me and the other volunteers but I can't wait! I can't wait to see some Topnotch Players try to master the games! I can't wait to see the Average Joe play because they love to play! I can't wait to see some people I haven't seen since last years tourney or Midwest Gaming Classic. Tomorrow is going to be a Blast!

#535 8 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

Congrats. 9 years ago we left the suburbs of Chicago and moved to the Madison area. Never have looked back.

#536 8 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

LOL Im just waiting my last few years until my son turns 18 and Im outta here lol.
Brighton / Ann Arbor seems nice

#537 8 years ago

Mortimer's just started another TOPs Tournament on AC/DC this time. Attached are all the details!

!!!!!!!acdc.JPG

#538 8 years ago

any of the local crew want to do an honor based mini tournament on Saturday of MGC?

I was thinking :

Get X number (maybe 10-20) of us to commit. $5 or $10 buy in. We decide on 10-12 games to play throughout the day.

Honor system. The first game you play on that game is what you write down for a score (no cheating as it defeats the whole purpose of a fun little locals thing). We get together later in the day and all compare scores. Highest score on each game is worth 10 points, 2nd highest is worth 8, 3rd is worth 7, and so on down the line (I could bring a white board to make things easy for tallying stuff up).

Tally the total rank (combined points earned on all 10-12 games) and see who wins.

50% payout to first place, 30% to 2nd place, and 20% to 3rd place. First places buys a round of shots at the bar?

Could be fun.

#539 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

any of the local crew want to do an honor based mini tournament on Saturday of MGC?

Great idea.
I'm in.

#540 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I was thinking :
Get X number (maybe 10-20) of us to commit. $5 or $10 buy in. We decide on 10-12 games to play throughout the day.
Honor system. The first game you play on that game is what you write down for a score (no cheating as it defeats the whole purpose of a fun little locals thing). We get together later in the day and all compare scores. Highest score on each game is worth 10 points, 2nd highest is worth 8, 3rd is worth 7, and so on down the line (I could bring a white board to make things easy for tallying stuff up).
Tally the total rank (combined points earned on all 10-12 games) and see who wins.
50% payout to first place, 30% to 2nd place, and 20% to 3rd place. First places buys a round of shots at the bar?
Could be fun.

I'm in
chris

#541 8 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Mortimer's just started another TOPs Tournament on AC/DC this time. Attached are all the details!

Will they do anything about bang backs and death saves. Not just a sign. Or will you just be donating your money to a few like up at Blainbrook ?

LTG : )

#542 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I was thinking :
Could be fun.

I'm in

#543 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Will they do anything about bang backs and death saves. Not just a sign. Or will you just be donating your money to a few like up at Blainbrook ?
LTG : )

Paul has said he won't do it anymore when the rules forbid it specifically (which is why I told D&G to include it) and he has stopped playing in TOPs Tournaments for the most part. Last Blainbrook AC/DC TOPs Tournament winner was only 119 million and it paid out $60 something for 1st place alone. I thought it ended a day later than it actually did or I would have been in on that for sure.

#544 8 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

Heh. The one thing with MN and social groups, cliques is that "you have to be in the scene to be in the scene". While there is the myth of "MN nice", we are a cliquey bunch.

Yeah, why is that?

#545 8 years ago

I want to be in, but realistically, 12 games of pinball is about 10 more than I'll actually play there.

#546 8 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I want to be in, but realistically, 12 games of pinball is about 10 more than I'll actually play there.

Maybe this would motivate you to actually play 12...

#547 8 years ago
Quoted from Spyder777:

Yeah, why is that?

I wish I knew. Maybe it has Scandanavian roots? Maybe we just "don't want to make a scene", but moreso just stay in one.

#548 8 years ago

I feel pretty lucky being a Minneapolis resident and having access to all the great machines at SS Billiards, Mortimers, Blainbrook and Caffetto within about 10 miles.

#549 8 years ago

I'm in . Who's bringing the treadmill ?

#550 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Maybe this would motivate you to actually play 12...

Oh, I have the motivation, I just don't have the time...

There are 17,320 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 347.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside