(Topic ID: 204862)

Unofficial Premier / Gottlieb Title Fight Club: Winner by a Knockout!

By Golferron54

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by alelaham
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B463E314-A6A9-411F-B642-4FF0F45B327D (resized).jpeg
Title Fight Manual (resized).jpg
title fight (resized).jpg
Sly and Clubber Mirrored v2 sepia Clubber Lang 13 degrees cropped background (resized).jpg
Sly and Clubber Mirrored v2 sepia Rocky (resized).jpg

#1 6 years ago

Did not find a club for Gottlieb's 1990, Title Fight, so I thought to start one.

I'm soon to be joining the Title Flight Club! Who else is going to step in the ring with me?

You either love or hate Gottlieb's "street level games" (single level, no ramps), and not all are all that fun, but Title Fight with its animated backbox to punch out your opponent, and the addictive playfield, had me punching the start button over and over when I first played it.

I only really played three games at California Extreme a lot over the last several years. I now own all three to complete my trifecta of fun - Swords of Fury, BK2000 and now Title Fight.

I am driving up to the Pacific Northwest to pick up Title Fight from "fanofpinball" from James - a great seller, and most of all, a great guy.

I started photoshopping images to replace the backbox cardboard fighters with images of Clubber Lang and Rocky. How easy or hard is it to change out the original cardboard characters and replace with new? Any suggestions on how to take apart the backbox to get at the mech to replace the fighter heads appreciated.

The images still need to be properly colorized, sized etc. All I did so far was photoshop out the background, mirror reverse original image so it fits the direction of the original backbox characters, and rotated Clubber so they face each other eye to eye. In the original movie and photo, Clubber was actually looking down at the Italian Stallion.

I've never owned a System 3. Are there any fixes or tips to specifically keep Title Fight running, or System 3's in general I should be aware of?

Thanks for your thoughts and happy holidays!

ron

Sly and Clubber Mirrored v2 sepia Rocky (resized).jpgSly and Clubber Mirrored v2 sepia Rocky (resized).jpg

Sly and Clubber Mirrored v2 sepia Clubber Lang 13 degrees cropped background (resized).jpgSly and Clubber Mirrored v2 sepia Clubber Lang 13 degrees cropped background (resized).jpg

title fight (resized).jpgtitle fight (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

I do not own it but man do I love playing it. A very fun and unique game for sure, underrated by the anti-Gottlieb group but a solid game.

3 weeks later
#3 6 years ago

Does anyone have either a spare Title Fight manual and schematic, or the two cardboard boxer figures in the backbox?

I know Marco sells the manual, but checking if anyone just has one laying around.

The cardboard boxer figures I can't find anywhere as already checked with Steve Young and Marco.

Let me know how much you would like to sell these items.

Thanks!

ron

Title Fight Manual (resized).jpgTitle Fight Manual (resized).jpg

#4 6 years ago

what is your budget for the cardboard guys? i have a set but not sure if i want to sell. They are pretty much impossible to find and ive hoarded them a long long while in case i needed em for my machines.

#5 6 years ago

I own a Title Fight. In my mind its a decent little game. Have also spent significant time (used to own) on Car Hop which I really did not like and Deadly Weapon which I am actively looking for as I really miss that game. John

1 year later
#6 5 years ago

Hey guys

First post here!

I’ve had my title fight for about 10 years now.
Was/still is a work in progress mainly for the cabinetry artwork.
Had trouble with the back up battery so sat in the shed for years until recently when I got it fixed (ram chip was draining it).
But being able to play it again as reignited my love for it.

They’re arn’t to many up close photos online but the side of my cabinet has big scratches down the side.
If anyone has any decent images of the side logo in particular the boxer with his fist up as both sides his face is scratched off, and I would love to paint it back on.

Dave

B463E314-A6A9-411F-B642-4FF0F45B327D (resized).jpegB463E314-A6A9-411F-B642-4FF0F45B327D (resized).jpeg
2 years later
#7 2 years ago

Good afternoon.

I own a Title Fight (IPDB #2573) and I’m looking for a manual’s copy.
Anyone has it or can provide it in PDF format?

Thank you very much for any help…

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 10.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-premier-gottlieb-title-fight-club-winner-by-a-knockout and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.