Topic Stats

• 228 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by FrankJ
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 17 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMAG0601 (resized).jpg
IMAG0605 (resized).jpg
IMAG0602 (resized).jpg
IMAG0603 (resized).jpg
IMAG0604 (resized).jpg
IMAG0606 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
DSC_1458 (resized).jpg
milcog2 (resized).jpg
milcog1 (resized).jpg
IMG_1784 (resized).JPG
vice pin (resized).jpg
20161228_001507 (resized).jpg
time machine work (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

This is well past due, but our official threader dude is busy with life stuff this year (rumor is that he is getting married?). I figured it was time to get this going.

Lets hear what you are bringing; FS or Not
If you have options of what to bring then post that up also.

#2 2 years ago

I will be bringing 2 games.

Likely an Earthshaker (for sale?)
Another game which must remain a secret I am told (it will be used in a tournament)

#9 2 years ago

Genesis please!

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I hope to come and play Wooly.

no wooly at MGC, but you know where it is if you ever want to come play...

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I will have about 12 games to sell between now and MGC, so can bring a few if deals are made ahead of time. So far up for sale is Time Machine, Operation Thunder, and Dr. Dude.

I hope all is OK Mark and you are just selling to parse down the collection.

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Thanks Hilton, all is well. Just need to pair down and work on that magic target of keeping 25.

we should talk. Sounds like I may need to cash in that favor if you are selling anything I am ISO

Glad all is well.

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I'll be bringing some heavy hitters to the vendor tent. Will trade for the right pin project.

What pins are you brining?

#33 2 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

My goal is to have zero issues this year.
Here are my options:
Stargate
Judge Dredd
Terminator 2 (probably for sale)
It would be nice if we had some kind of online list where we could see who was bringing what and what was for sale...

TBT, I have begun to dislike the online FS lists. It seems in todays age, those result in fewer games coiming out to shows. People arrange purchase in advance of a show and then meet in a parking lot and the game never makes it in the door. I completely understand and support the sale of games at the show but sure wish more of them would come inside and stay for the weekend

I vote bring SG. Grat game and more people are realizing how much fun it is! Guessing yours is amazing also!

#36 2 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Understood. I just remember last year the first OP put a running list for what would be there.
I remember the first year I went, there were like 5 demo man's. Just want to contribute to the variety.

I will update teh oringinal post once we get a few more games to the tally of what is coming.

As always, reminder to email Kieth/MGC to officially grab your spot and so they know.

#41 2 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

I could maybe bring my Mystic, but I wouldn't be able to get there until Friday evening. Is that even possible?
Also, someone bring a nice JM I can buy off them!

pm jazman or email MGC/Kieth. They are very accomodating to the best of their abilities.

#42 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

I'll gladly start the official thread the first part of Feb. Usually this early most aren't ready to commit and we end up seeing a lot of things drop off.
But I don't want to steal Hilton's thunder.

make it so. Maybe I was just too excited for MGC this year

#44 2 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Sidenote...website says the main hotel is booked already?

does not surprise me as MGC seems to continue to grow. I do think it would be a good idea to start reserving a block for thos ethat bring games.

There are quite a few other hotel options within minutes and I have heard good things about them.

#53 2 years ago
Quoted from racer_x:

I'd like to bring my two Ataris but they'd never survive the weekend.
I'll probably bring an arcade or two.

please bring either of your pins!!!! I love them both and have limited time on either!

#55 2 years ago
Quoted from Muskie82:

I should be bringing an EBD that will be for sale but hopefully trade for another pin.

pm sent

#57 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

This from the guy that hates when the pins don't make it in the room.

oh, no fear. Anything I buy will make it to the freeplay room for others to enjoy. You know that.

#63 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

At the current rate of work (zero) I'm not going to have Ironman HD any farther a long by MGC than it was at Expo. Should I still bring that?

YES!

#74 2 years ago
Quoted from HoneyBadger:

Damn, really wanted to go but it's the same weekend as PAPA. Why would they do that? Make it either the weekend before or after PAPA and attendance would be better.

actually PAPA is the one to blame if you are looking to a culprit. MGC is WAY larger and PAPA is the one that changed their dates to be the conflict. I have no idea why PAPA did not think it out. I had planned to go back to PAPA, but MGC is a way better show for me.

The additional change to full pump and dump made it easy to abandon papa completely.

#80 2 years ago
Quoted from HoneyBadger:

He said it was larger so I was saying there's no way they have over 400 pins.

sorry, I should have been more clear.

MGC is way larger as the show is WAY larger than PAPA. If you are only concerned about # of pins under 1 roof then Papa stores around 400 that are there year round and available at PAPA competition.
MGC will feature probably 120-150 pins, the majority of which tend to be amazing condition that local and regional collectors have spent countless hours restoring to better then new condition and moding out with all sort of cool stuff. The actual pins changes each year, but the quality and # continues to increase. However, the pins are only a small part of the total show.

As others said MGC is about the people, the vids, the board games, the cosplay, the people, the good times, the after party, the people, etc... In sheer quality/quantity of show and # of people in attendance, it is not even close in size comparison. MGC dominates and honestly is way more fun than PAPA ever could be for me. For reference, PAPA 2016 had less than 500 competitors in attendance. MGC had 4 different competitions with over 500 competitors last year and competition is only a small part of MGC. I would guess MGC had over 5000 in attendance each day last year, but I dont have any numbers.

I enjoy competitive pinball but PAPA is actually not a 'show' per say. It is a competition where you will spend the majority of your time on a bank of 10 games (you may also spend your time on the classic banks and playing some of the other games that are not even part of the event but stored in the facility). PAPA I m sure had a reason for opting to conflict with MGC, but MGC will win everytime for me. Like doug I am very bummed to not be able to hang with some of my friends at MGC but wish them luck at PAPA. PAPA is tons of fun and I dont want this to become some sort of pissing match as both shows are a great time. I really just wanted to make the point that MGC is the larger show and PAPA is the one that elected to change their date for whatever reason (I am sure they had their own good reason that they had to, but I hope in the future they will move it later/ off MGC weekend)

for reference>
MGC has been in the second weekend of April since 2014 (used to be in March but was moved due to better weather in April typically)
PAPA used to be held in August, then switched to March in 2015, and then switched again to second weekend in April in 2016, and now appears stuck on that conflicting weekend.

#117 2 years ago

back on track... What games are you guys bringing to MGC?

Dan > reply to my pm. Maybe that will help you decide on what to bring

#134 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I met a few at a holiday tourney a few weeks back. Awesome group from the people that I've talked to! It's only an hour away so it's not a big deal if we have to go back to pick up on Sunday, but yeah, if anyone has a slot to haul back on Sunday, I'd be happy to treat to gas money or beer or pizza

depending on what vehicles we take I may/may not have room and if I do I am happy to help.

I will say that if you buy a game on Sat then you should negotiate the wristband for sat afterparty and take advantage of that. I am sure you can hitch a ride home with someone later if you ditch the wife for the night

#137 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I think we'll be able to borrow my MIL's Tundra, so should be able to bring at least one home, if we get anything. What's the afterparty? And who do i negotiate with?

afterparty is a private event on Saturday night. Anyone bringing a game gets 1 wristband for the afterparty. The main hall closes at 8? pm and then the after party starts and runs till 3?am.

If you were to buy a game at MGC then you could try to negotiate with the seller that you also get the wristband to use for the private afterparty. It is my favorite party of the entire year and honestly the perk that makes bringing a game to MGC so worth it

If there are 250 games in the hall that means only 250 people playing. Reality is that many will be socializing/ rather than playing so you can basically get that real old school arcade vibe and play tons of games.

1 week later
#142 2 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

I'm thinking I may bring Robo War.
I doubt many have ever seen or played one before....
Need to shop it yet, but it's solid!

was one there last year, but still bring it!

awesome game!

#148 2 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

No, Taro will be in my room with me. He'd get lonely out in the hall by himself.
--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

you mean you will be in Taro's room with him!

#156 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I think the lobby area is another group - the MilCog group brings the massive wall of games in the tent - like the whole north end.

They're the 2 on the right in this picture.

aren't those guys vendors? or are they actually bringing games to the show for public use?

#158 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

That whole wall is a lending library. The pair in the second picture own it, and they take it to shows (many shows) to promote board gaming. You can check out a game to try, and play it on the tables in the tent.
It started as a "meetup" group back in the olden-days.

very cool!

#161 2 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Don't you think Dwight should get into the party too? Or should he start bringing a white wood or something.

he just needs to finish GoT and GB polish then he can have my spare wristband.

2 weeks later
#171 2 years ago

I dont think I have ever seen a KISS at MGC.

2 weeks later
#187 2 years ago

In regards to the after party, I really like the stepped up enforcement.

Grinds my gears to see the people sneaking in. After last year and the dudes with fake wristbands, I would like to see charges pressed if they try that shit again.

#194 2 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

Bring it the entire weekend. Put it in my room and baby sit it there. Worse case, it goes down when you're not there and we turn it off until you're back.
--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

great idea!

#202 2 years ago

Archived after 3 days
Sold elsewhere
Machine - For Trade
Used - shows wear, needs some work “I purchased this game over 2 years ago but then found a clearcoated ES and purchased that one instead of cleaning this up. It sat till now in my temp controlled storage. I was goi...”
2017-03-17
Madison, WI
Trade

fs or ft

could bring to MGC if deal done in advance

2 weeks later
#212 2 years ago
Quoted from irishpin:

Anyone know if there will be a ghostbuster pro or premium at the show. Trying to decide if the premium is worth the extra $. Any thoughts from anyone who has played either?

pretty sure a GB prem is used in the main tourney (free to participate/play)

#215 2 years ago
Quoted from irishpin:

Excellent. anyone have any feedback on the premium vs pro play wise?

PRO is 100% the way to go IMO.

Prem really does not offer much extra for the $$$ and game play is better on the Pro. I have played both extensively.

#225 2 years ago

Huo gottlieb dragon
900 if you take it home from the show. Buy it before noon today and get an after party pass.

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside