(Topic ID: 120488)

Official PATZ - Kalamazoo, MI Expo - Buy/Sell/Trade

By DayDay

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

h.gif
    IMG_1911.JPG
    IMG_1910.JPG
    IMG_1909.JPG
    IMG_1907.JPG
    IMG_1908.JPG
    IMG_1905.JPG
    IMG_1906.JPG
    IMG_1902.JPG
    IMG_1904.JPG
    IMG_1903.JPG
    IMG_1900.JPG
    IMG_1898.JPG
    IMG_1897.JPG
    IMG_1899.JPG
    IMG_1895.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider underspin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 9 years ago

PATZ FRIENDLY CHALLENGE!!

The Grand Rapids Pinball League is issuing a challenge. Any individual or group that brings in more machines than us will win a pizza dinner delivered to the show at a time of your choosing. Additionally, all members will be awarded a Mr. Sodapop of his/her choice to enjoy with said pizza

Last year we brought 11 machines are currently on pace to smash our record. Our incomplete list as of now:

Gorgar
    Space Shuttle
    Time Fantasy
    Laser Cue
    Hot Shot
    Supersonic
    Meteor x 2
    Genesis
    Blackout
    Jackbot
    Sharpshooter
    Data East Simpsons
    Hurricane
    Gottlieb Hulk
    Data East Star Trek
    El Dorado
    World's Fair
    Buckaroo
    Swinger
    Dipsy Doodle

If you're a league member, PM me with your machine so I can add it to the list. Good luck all and see you there!

grpl.jpggrpl.jpg

#39 9 years ago
    Quoted from DayDay:

I have been asked to change the thread title to, "Official" rather than, "Unofficial". I'm not affiliated with the expo. I'm just a guest. Just didn't want to step on any feet if there was already a thread for this.

Thank you for changing, OP. Better to keep all of this on one thread though it will help if posters identify which show when posting "looking for" (PATZ, MPE or either). Most do but it's just a reminder. Looking forward to this crazy month!

#60 9 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Any person or group accept the challenge yet?

No sir. We will be tough to beat!

All in good fun.

3 weeks later
    #257 9 years ago

Hello all. The Grand Rapids Pinball League is hoping to bring a lot of machines to this year's PATZ. A reminder that our friendly challenge is still on Any individual or group that brings in more working machines than us for the free play area will receive a pizza party and Mr. Sodapop, compliments of the GRPL.

As for me I'll be taking the following:

Metallica-Our HUO machine is coming out of the house for the first time and will be in the tournament. Plays damn nice! Not for sale.

Time Fantasy-Rare machine, recently restored and will be in the tournament. Not for sale.

Space Shuttle-Don't laugh at the playfield. Just enjoy how nice it plays Not for sale.

Gorgar-Recently restored and for sale at $950

Laser Cue-Some may remember I shattered my minty glass last year. It has a replacement. Not great but it works for what it is. Not for sale.

Hot Shot-Classic Gottlieb table recently restored and playing well. Machine has been pre-sold but will be at PATZ for the entire duration

WCS94-I'm including Marcus's (bcgameguide) in my list because he let me have it all winter to restore. He'll attest that what he gave me was a DIRTY DOG. It was a filthy barely playable below player grade pinball machine. No longer. Yes the mangled plastics are still in there and the paint is still gone in spots but it's clean, working 100% and pops with new flippers and LED package. I hope he likes it. Not for sale.

Looking forward to seeing all of you. -Tim

tdamusements.com
    grpl.info

#343 9 years ago

I posted the PATZ auction results on a new thread. Check them out...some decent deals but nothing spectacular.

#362 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Thank you Ryan for all that you do for the show and nice job on the shirts again this year.
    Anybody else have any thoughts they want to share about the show this year? Good, bad or even suggestions ??
    John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi
    269-979-3836

We need more people to bring machines plain and simple. I counted 61 at the beginning of Saturday. Some more came in but some were leaving too. Additionally, we need to cap the number of machines on each drop down cord to six. When 8 or 10 are on there they all run poorly.

#370 8 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

So, I can pay 15 and get in the door OR drag my multi-thousand dollar machine which will see more play in a weekend than it will at a year at home so I can save 15 bucks? Lemme do the math and get back to you on that.

h.gifh.gif

#376 8 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Here's an odd little suggestion for future shows.
    There was really no where to sit down for a few minutes. A few chairs were set up by the tournament area, vendors had chairs, and a couple of people brought some in.
    A few chairs set up for show visitors to sit for a few minutes would be a good idea. Long day on the feet.
    Overall great relaxing show and John ran a great auction.
    Thanks guys!

Agreed. I brought two but it's BYOC for the most part.

#381 8 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Helped haul a buddies machines to a show. Put my machine I'd just purchased on the floor after paying to get in because no one had a FT on the floor. Rob Anthony helped me keep that turd running when the leg bolt stripped out.
    As for give and take. People give so that the show producer can take The day someone puts on a show for cost and gives the proceeds to charity then we can talk.

Doesn't get it

#383 8 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

You are bothered because I say risking a 3k machine for no gain is stupid. You believe its good for the hobby, great. Good for you. Go do it and feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Just don't put the onus on others. Too many people on here expect the world of others and then berate them for not crapping rainbows/sunshine.

Like Mike said there are givers and takers. The strength of the hobby depends on which party is the majority.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider underspin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-kalamazoo-mi-expo-buyselltrade?tu=underspin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.