(Topic ID: 94802)

Unofficial Everything Southern Fried Gameroom Expo Thread!

By altan

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 404 posts
  • 77 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by shimoda
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

me & jim.jpg
    image.jpg
    20150621_101910.jpg
    20150620_112322.jpg
    20150621_102248.jpg
    20150621_102148.jpg
    20150621_102117.jpg
    20150620_231340.jpg
    20150619_183243.jpg
    20150619_183609.jpg
    2015-06-21 12.34.13-930.jpg
    2015-06-21 12.22.04.jpg
    IMG_20150622_225924.jpg
    IMG_20150622_225908.jpg
    Celebrate18.gif
    pythonart.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blondetall.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 9 years ago

I wish it was 4:00 already, so someone would post some pics or news. I'm bored and work and counting the hours until I'm there tomorrow.

#10 9 years ago

Yay! Pics! I just made an Excel list of all the machines showing on the Expo website in the free play area, with a place to check them off as I play them. I'm going to try to play everything, since I've never even seen most of the ones you've taken pics of.

Edit: Look how productive I'm being at work today...

image-926.jpgimage-926.jpg
    #23 9 years ago

It's awfully quiet in this thread...
    Husband is going to be able to make it too. We're pre-packing a few snacks and things tonight, and hitting the road early to pick up mom and hopefully be there by 9.

#26 9 years ago

Question... What is the general temperature in the main rooms? Is there any airflow? I tend to melt, so just checking so I know how to dress tomorrow. Thanks.

#32 9 years ago

Always good to see a storm trooper practicing his moves.

image-500.jpgimage-500.jpg
    #38 9 years ago

When I made my list from from what they had posted online ahead of time, it was 82. I saw/played some not on the list and some were hidden in the tournament area, but I am going to guess about 90. 2 big rooms full, plus a few scattered around the halls between.

#40 9 years ago

So who won the Space Shuttle? I never saw it, and was hoping to be able to play one. If you won't and don't want to keep it, let me know.

#58 9 years ago

My husband put his initials in on SWE1, but not sure what place or score he had. I played Cactus Canyon the most, thought the Scared Stiff was gorgeous, and had fun on all the ones that I played.

#86 9 years ago

Buddy/doughslingers was bringing the Ruby WOZ to show, but later said he had a big event at his drive-in scheduled for the same weekend and couldn't make it down.

#98 9 years ago

The day Scott brought me my LAH, my JP blew up. Smoke billowing out of the power board down into the playfield surrounded the T Rex, and under different circumstances would have been an awesome effect. Luckily Rottendog had the part I needed at Expo and it is up and mostly running again. Yay for Expo pricing. Oh, thanks to Larry also for my new arcade shiney thing.

image-866.jpgimage-866.jpg image-930.jpgimage-930.jpg image-432.jpgimage-432.jpg
    #112 9 years ago
    Quoted from PINBELL:

The Escalera guy was there.I can't remember his name, but I call him Turtleman, because he's from Kentucky. He and his wife were REALLY nice folks! When I buy my first NIB, it will be from them!!!

Escalera guy is Larry is flipnout1.

Larry... I later realized that I knew that you sold your Flintstones because I hooked you up with the seller. lol I'll take my referral fee as my discounted table. I'm painting the second pinball room right now, but will post another pic when everything is all pretty and the table is where it's supposed to be.

1 week later
    #124 9 years ago

Ddebuss, just start asking every female if they are blondetall. Lol. I was the 6' (in cowboy boots) one with longish blonde hair, my mom was the older version playing more pinball than I did.

1 week later
    #137 9 years ago

Long shot, but wanted to ask here just in case. Last year at the Pin Swap, I got a repro translite for Haunted House and Star Trek as wall art. The person selling them had a whole stack of them, but I don't know who it was. Someone has PMed me asking about the Haunted House because they need a backglass, and wanted to know if I knew the source. I don't, but thought I'd ask here since the Pin Swap grew into the Expo, and maybe the person is on here. Or if anyone knows of a resource to get a Haunted House backglass, let me know and I'll pass along the info as well. Thanks!

9 months later
    #141 8 years ago

We'll only be there on Sat again due to owning a zoo, but as of now it should be my mom, my husband, and me all back for another fun time. If anyone is taking/selling a Doctor Who, let me know. That is about the only thing on my wish list these days, and I might possibly be letting my LAH go if I find a DW to replace it.

#147 8 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

You own a zoo?!?!

Lol, I just got a PM about this too, so let me clarify.

Ha, sorry, no... not an actual zoo. It feels like it sometimes though. I used to run a private dog rescue and we kept all the ones with severe physical and mental issues, so I've got 6 dogs with special needs that virtually nobody else can handle but me. One just had his eye removed this Monday, one is scared to death of anyone but me and my husband and basically wild, most are on daily meds of some sort, etc. We have to hire a registered nurse friend of mine to housesit if we ever go anywhere more than 16 or so hours because of meds, and 3 of our 6 dogs cant be taken off the property without them going nuts. Plus we've got other little critters. This is actually the smallest our 'zoo' has been in a long time. When we moved in this house 3 years ago we had a total of 23 rescue animals.

So, since we cant go anywhere more than a day, we built an arcade and theater and just entertain ourselves at home. I'm not missing seeing a ton of pins just 2 hours away though if I can help it, we just cant do the full weekend like I wish we could.

1 month later
    #221 8 years ago

I'm still hoping to be there for a little bit, but my entire family is fighting against me. I've got a husband with severe migraines, a dad with kidney stones, a mother-in-law just out of foot surgery and home alone, and a dog having seizures. I've forewarned everyone to be well on Saturday, because I need a pin-cation. So if you see a tired-looking tall blonde chick walking around, that may be me.

Either way, someone post lots of pictures if you can.

#223 8 years ago

If my mom can sneak away, she's coming too. So there will be 2 tall blondes walking around. Last year she was trying to tell everyone she was my sister... I have a namebadge somewhere and will try to wear it. Hopefully I'll see you there!

#284 8 years ago

Yay for pics!
    As of now for tomorrow I'm loading up my husband early in the morning and meeting my mom to carpool down, and we should be there about 10:30ish. I'm debating if I want to carry my Whoa Nellie art board around to get it signed, just because of lack of room in the car. My mom is super excited to see the actual WNBJM machine that my "playfield that has the girl with the melon boobs" is on.

Oh, and just because I'm super proud of myself for managing to not screw it up, here's the bracelet I made for the show. I ordered up a PacMan bracelet a month ago, and it's still not here, so I got creative.
    image.jpgimage.jpg

#332 8 years ago

Thanks to everyone for bringing machines! I never get to see a pin unless I own it, so it was great seeing so many in one location. I didn't play as much as I'd like because it was very crowded when I was there on Saturday and I started to get a bit claustrophobic, but my mom tried her best to play every machine possible.

Highlights:
    1- Seeing Pinsiders I've seen before and meeting a few new ones. Glad some people found me, as I was definitely not the skinny cute blonde in short shorts that was also walking around.
    2- Playing Lexy, BOP 2.0, Kiss, WWF, and someone's absolutely gorgeous DESW and Monster Bash. I'd never seen a MB in person, and that one looked and played like new.
    3- Last year at Expo I got a power supply for my JP. This year at Expo I got a MPU for my JP. And last night... it finally ran properly for the first time in over a year. And today just happens to be exactly 3 years since I got it, my first pin. Such progress in 3 years of pin ownership.
    4- Next year if we could not make it on Fathers Day weekend so that I can come on Sunday and possibly take a machine home with me, that would be great. Otherwise, that Doctor Who would have been mine.

Quoted from Pyromedic:

Blondetall, How did you make yor bracelet and get mini bumper caps? My daughter would love that!

I make resin jewelry on the side to help pay for my rescue dogs' meds and food, and already had everything I needed except something pinball related. After looking forever for mini supplies, I finally just printed off pop bumper images onto cardstock, dipped in resin to dome them, then recast them in more resin to make them big enough to link.

I'm going to make some more of those and the coin slot/token rings I had on and add to my Etsy shop, since there is literally no pinball jewelry out there. I can definitely make her one if you'd like, or give her more info on how to do it if she's got supplies. PM me if you want, and just in case anyone else may be interested, here's the shop link where I'll be posting the pinball/geek ones in a day or two. There's nothing over $30 at this point, and I'm trying to add in some cuff links and guy things soon. www.etsy.com/shop/pristone

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blondetall.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-everything-southern-fried-gameroom-expo-thread?tu=blondetall and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.