(Topic ID: 94802)

Unofficial Everything Southern Fried Gameroom Expo Thread!

By altan

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 404 posts
  • 77 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by shimoda
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

me & jim.jpg
    image.jpg
    20150621_101910.jpg
    20150620_112322.jpg
    20150621_102248.jpg
    20150621_102148.jpg
    20150621_102117.jpg
    20150620_231340.jpg
    20150619_183243.jpg
    20150619_183609.jpg
    2015-06-21 12.34.13-930.jpg
    2015-06-21 12.22.04.jpg
    IMG_20150622_225924.jpg
    IMG_20150622_225908.jpg
    Celebrate18.gif
    pythonart.jpg
    There are 404 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.
    #301 8 years ago

pinball2015_0795.jpgpinball2015_0795.jpg

Walking Dead tournament complete with zombies! er, walkers!

#302 8 years ago

Day 2 was another hit.

Met a ton more Pinsiders, which is always a pleasure.

Got to take a longer look at Pinball Circus. It's really something. The multi level areas are just cool, and the big wire form circle ramps are wild.

Hooked's machines are just gorgeous. Jealous of whomever picks up his Mustang. That was one of the best games at the show in my opinion. His Iron Man is right up there with it.

#303 8 years ago

Good times and great games once again at this year's SFGE! Been great putting faces to pinside user names. Really hope JJP can get some of their games down next year. 2 years in a row as no shows. Really appreciate everyone who helps to make this expo happen.

#304 8 years ago

I agree. Get in the game JJP and owners.

I'm sad that today is the last day for SFGE.

I wish the local media would cover SFGE better. The Atlanta paper has an event section that so far has pictures of a tattoo expo and an open house at "camp Bowwow". I think SFGE can fit in there.

Oh, one more thing that shows I'm perhaps thinking too much pinball. There is an article about a poorly behaving sherif and a sex sting to get him. When I saw the headline, I thought "what in the world is a sex STTNG?" Then I was like "oh, maybe I need pin detox"

#305 8 years ago

One of the JJP distributors wanted to come but they couldn't come to an agreement.

#306 8 years ago

SFGE show organizers are incredible and doing the job of a team 3x the size. And doing it wonderfully.

#307 8 years ago

Man that looks like a blast. The vendors really came out for this one! I'm soooo bummed I couldn't make it. Congratulations on what appears to be a great expo.

#308 8 years ago

What a great time!! Kudos to all who made it possible!!

Village People Walkers at the Walking Dead tourney:
    // Error: Image 419140 not found //

Python Pinball Circus. I made to the top!

// Error: Image 419152 not found //

Pinside MoonPie Bash. Here is my worst photo to protect the innocent, or maybe I couldn't hold my camera still at that point Friday Evening. In any case, it was a pleasure meeting and putting some faces with the names.

// Error: Image 419153 not found //

My favorite non pin - Pacman Battle Royal was way too much fun!

// Error: Image 419155 not found //

The game with the longest line appeared to me to be ........ The Walking Dead in the Marco both. (there were four Kiss 2015 in the Marco both, one in the tourney room, and one in the hall set for pay tourney mode, so not much wait for Kiss, although I enjoyed it as well.)

// Error: Image 419160 not found //

The Bride of PinBot DMD update surprised me. Pretty clever.

// Error: Image 419161 not found //

Pins in the tourney room:
    // Error: Image 419167 not found //
    // Error: Image 419166 not found //

This Pitch and Bat with all the runners circling the bases worked flawlessly all weekend. Very impressive.

// Error: Image 419168 not found //

80s cover band rocking it. Still can't get HIT ME WITH YOUR BEST SHOT out my head. AHGGG.

// Error: Image 419174 not found //

What's the date for the 2016 show?? Need to get that on my Calendar!

#309 8 years ago

Great show, congrats to the organizers! First class job guys!

Thanks to all the people that brought games or volunteered at the event!

I just finished hauling my 2 pins back.

Audits from T2
    Games played 607
    Average time per game 2:55 - 29.5 hours of play.... SFGE game room floor open total of 28 hours so it was playing non-stop!
    Factory reset settings- 3 balls - High Scores: 289M, 196M, 166M, 164M, 164M

Audits from POTC (in tourney Area)
    Games played 233
    Will get scores later...

I really had a great time!

#310 8 years ago

Good meeting you Neal, and good seeing you again Schwaggs for our annual meeting, lol.

#311 8 years ago

Blondetall, How did you make yor bracelet and get mini bumper caps? My daughter would love that!

#312 8 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Hooked's machines are just gorgeous. Jealous of whomever picks up his Mustang. That was one of the best games at the show in my opinion. His Iron Man is right up there with it.

I have to agree, the Mustang was the best looking machine at the show and it just got to it's new home .
    IMG_0066.JPGIMG_0066.JPG

#313 8 years ago

Okay, I think you guys have talked me into coming next year! Congrats on a great show.

#314 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinworthy:

I have to agree, the Mustang was the best looking machine at the show and it just got to it's new home

Congrats! That really is a beautiful game. I hope you enjoy that for a long time.

#315 8 years ago

Lots of "classic" pinball machines this year.

I didn't stay around for the Best in Show Awards, but I'm sure Hooked's Mustang and Iron Man won on both counts.

Another great show guys!!!!

#316 8 years ago

That Genesis would've been my pick for Best in SHow if not for the rarity, how nice it looked, and played! Didn't play nearly as much on the floor as I should've (meant to get to Rescue 911) but really enjoyed playing a couple things I hadn't before. City Slickers is pretty interesting and got the GC on Alvin G's World Tour. Actually really enjoyed that game and the music really got it rocking.

#317 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinworthy:

I have to agree, the Mustang was the best looking machine at the show and it just got to it's new home .
    IMG_0066.JPG

You are building a nice collection with a good mix of EMs and newer Sterns! Congrats on the pickup!

#318 8 years ago

Who bought something?

#319 8 years ago

A big thank you to our organizers and to everyone I got to chat with and get to know better for a wonderful weekend! My machines have seen more love in three days than they have in months and it makes me so happy to see them really get to be enjoyed. I'm utterly exhausted but it's been great!

#320 8 years ago

We got in about 6:20pm this evening. Had just as great a time as last year -- this show is a blast! Great seeing those I know and putting faces with names for many others off the forums I haven't met before. I was part of the tech team this year, which was a great group of guys and think it's testament to a great show that out of over 100 pins and nearly that many vids, there really were very few games down for any amount of time.

The seminars were excellent as always, I got play Whoa Nellie and talk to Dennis afterwards, got to play a bunch of games I never had before (City Slickers, Gilligan's Island, 300, Eight Ball, Time Fantasy, Firepower, etc.) and put tons of time on many of my favorites. Love this show and can't wait for next year! I keep my name badge from every year in my gameroom, I hope this show continues for many years to come and I can have a huge collection one day

Just out of curiosity, those who brought games -- I'd love to hear the play count on them. Those machines got even more a workout this year than last I think!

#321 8 years ago

Another awesome year. Family had a great time (lots to do!!!) Thanks to everyone that made this years SFGE possible.

#322 8 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Good meeting you Neal, and good seeing you again Schwaggs for our annual meeting, lol.

lol! Great seeing you too!

#323 8 years ago

Thank You to all the people who brought games.

Taylor

#324 8 years ago

Walk Thru of the event on Friday (only did 1 this year)

#325 8 years ago

Well, I made it back to Mobile with my Little Chief that didn't sell (the 8BDle sold), and wanted to post while I'm still relatively sober...

Another GREAT show. Improvements were made from last year that made it better, but better still I think it will become. MUCH THANKS to everyone who helped to make this second annual show happen.

A lot of take-aways from the show, in no particular order:

1) I really like Stern's Star Trek!

ST GC.jpgST GC.jpg

2) The belles of the ball for me were ST and Mustang.

3) Lots of well-maintained games! Thanks to everyone for bringing what they did. Great turnout with lots of nice-playing, good looking examples.

4) The "80s room" was great. Love that era.

5) Seemed to be more floor space this year which was much needed.

6) Moving the tourneys out of the main rooms was a good idea, although it also could have used a bigger room. Brian (Bryan?) and all the workers/volunteers did a great job handling the competition. Especially the gentleman with dark curly hair that was working his tail off. Much thanks. The field of competitors was very strong again (I didn't qualify) and congrats to everyone who made it to the show. You are better competitors than I.

7) Both of my games lasted the whole show without breaking down! Yay!

I HATE SUPERBANDS!! Or whatever shiny garbage was on most of the flippers this year. Dull, dead crapola excuse for a flipper ring is what they are. Dead bounce pass? Not today pal! The ball just DIES on these rings. Horrible, monstrous atrocities that should have been aborted in the test tube. IMHO.

9) I still don't like LEDs in games designed for incandescents. They just don't work properly or look right.

10) Medieval Madness is still an awesome game and the remake is just as awesome, even if the catapult is wonky.

11) The full-color DMDs look freaking great! The Sims Pin Party and Addams with them looked like a whole new game. Very impressive.

12) Great to meet the other pinsiders that I did. It was nice to be able to communicate face to face after text comm. Nobody punched me in the throat so I guess I'm doing OK.

13) Special congrats to LOTR Breath for his outstanding performance in the main tourney. That was a helluva game you played on Kiss.

14) I was thrilled to be able to attend and bring friends and games with me. I also appreciate the elite players for letting me mill about and rub elbows with them. Maybe next year I'll qualify.

15) Great show, can't think of any suggestions just now...except we needed more chairs and garbage cans.

#326 8 years ago

Wrong!
    Not a Dupe now! :p

Ben Heck's pinball presentation at SFGE 2015...

Had issues with my tri-pod initially, lol, life happens

#327 8 years ago

Whoa Nelly Presentation...

#328 8 years ago

Just FYI, the page you linked is the main event qualifying seeding. You have to dig in a little further to see the final results. This page has the top 4 finalists for the main: http://neverdrains.com/pv2/playerIndex.php?disp=finalsBracket&bracketId=1

Here are the standings for the Classics: http://neverdrains.com/pv2/playerIndex.php?disp=division&sel=Classics

#330 8 years ago
    Quoted from cody_chunn:

10) Medieval Madness is still an awesome game and the remake is just as awesome, even if the catapult is wonky.

Crap. I thought I made it a year without a pin pooping out. What's up with my catapult?

#331 8 years ago
    Quoted from Flake:

Crap. I thought I made it a year without a pin pooping out. What's up with my catapult?

I didn't notice anything wonky with it.

#332 8 years ago

Thanks to everyone for bringing machines! I never get to see a pin unless I own it, so it was great seeing so many in one location. I didn't play as much as I'd like because it was very crowded when I was there on Saturday and I started to get a bit claustrophobic, but my mom tried her best to play every machine possible.

Highlights:
    1- Seeing Pinsiders I've seen before and meeting a few new ones. Glad some people found me, as I was definitely not the skinny cute blonde in short shorts that was also walking around.
    2- Playing Lexy, BOP 2.0, Kiss, WWF, and someone's absolutely gorgeous DESW and Monster Bash. I'd never seen a MB in person, and that one looked and played like new.
    3- Last year at Expo I got a power supply for my JP. This year at Expo I got a MPU for my JP. And last night... it finally ran properly for the first time in over a year. And today just happens to be exactly 3 years since I got it, my first pin. Such progress in 3 years of pin ownership.
    4- Next year if we could not make it on Fathers Day weekend so that I can come on Sunday and possibly take a machine home with me, that would be great. Otherwise, that Doctor Who would have been mine.

Quoted from Pyromedic:

Blondetall, How did you make yor bracelet and get mini bumper caps? My daughter would love that!

I make resin jewelry on the side to help pay for my rescue dogs' meds and food, and already had everything I needed except something pinball related. After looking forever for mini supplies, I finally just printed off pop bumper images onto cardstock, dipped in resin to dome them, then recast them in more resin to make them big enough to link.

I'm going to make some more of those and the coin slot/token rings I had on and add to my Etsy shop, since there is literally no pinball jewelry out there. I can definitely make her one if you'd like, or give her more info on how to do it if she's got supplies. PM me if you want, and just in case anyone else may be interested, here's the shop link where I'll be posting the pinball/geek ones in a day or two. There's nothing over $30 at this point, and I'm trying to add in some cuff links and guy things soon. www.etsy.com/shop/pristone

#333 8 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

Otherwise, that Doctor Who would have been mine.

Speaking of Dr. Who -- I would love to buy Al's. I should have pulled the trigger when he briefly had it for sale. Mine is really nice, but his is about the best looking one I've ever seen.

#334 8 years ago
    Quoted from The_Director:

Speaking of Dr. Who -- I would love to buy Al's. I should have pulled the trigger when he briefly had it for sale. Mine is really nice, but his is about the best looking one I've ever seen.

If he had one for sale there, it was a friends for whom he's selling a bunch of machines. I bought an Amazing Spider Man and a Paragon, both needing some electronics work but looking fantastic. The PF on my Paragon is as nice as I've ever seen one. Too bad the AMS has a weird switch issue I just plain can't figure out!

#335 8 years ago

Nice touch putting 4 Star Trek games next to each other. Lots of thought put into the layout all around. The '85 arcade was also a ton of fun Swampfire !

startreklineup.jpgstartreklineup.jpg
    #336 8 years ago
    Quoted from shimoda:

That Genesis would've been my pick for Best in SHow if not for the rarity, how nice it looked, and played! Didn't play nearly as much on the floor as I should've (meant to get to Rescue 911) but really enjoyed playing a couple things I hadn't before. City Slickers is pretty interesting and got the GC on Alvin G's World Tour. Actually really enjoyed that game and the music really got it rocking.

Thanks Mark. Good eye, I was pleased that so many people enjoyed Genesis.
    Great show and major Kudos to all of the organizers and the volunteers...what a remarkable community!

#337 8 years ago
    Quoted from shimoda:

If he had one for sale there, it was a friends for whom he's selling a bunch of machines. I bought an Amazing Spider Man and a Paragon, both needing some electronics work but looking fantastic. The PF on my Paragon is as nice as I've ever seen one. Too bad the AMS has a weird switch issue I just plain can't figure out!

It was Al's personal one, not for sale. He had it for sale a year and half or so when he was cutting the collection down, but then it was pulled and one of the four he kept. It was the one beside Indy near the end of the line, beautiful example of that game.

Did you guys figure out why BK wasn't firing a game? I didn't get a chance to spend much time on it since we had to hit the road, but curious as to what was up with it.

#338 8 years ago
    Quoted from The_Director:

Did you guys figure out why BK wasn't firing a game?

I suspect that a trough switch isn't registering on Black Knight - sorry I didn't get a chance to troubleshoot it on Sunday (I was recovering from an awful hangover). I'm also a little bummed out that Embryon died, and Space Station's motor died. But I enjoyed the compliments I got on Strange World, Andromeda, Fathom and Time Fantasy. I'll try to bring those 4 back next year.

I wish I could get those KISS songs out of my head.

#339 8 years ago

I want a Fathom after playing yours in the tourney like six times! Fun game and beautiful art! Got to talk a little w/Greg Freres before I realized that's his work. Beautiful stuff!

#340 8 years ago

The other Dr Who wasn't too shabby

Short nice story. When packing up, a guy came over. He told me how much he enjoying playing THIS (and not the other one down a row) Dr Who and thanked me for bringing it (*see below). He spoke fondly of the game and stated that when he got back from his military tour, the base in the US he was at had THIS (his emphasis) Dr. Who. He played it a ton and it helped him after returning.

I don't think he even took a second look at the other Dr Who because he didn't recognize the backglass. He had formed a connection with the original and that's all he would play.

*note: the thanks for bring the game goes to the original owner, of course.

#341 8 years ago

We had a blast too ! Thanks to all the organizers! I can't imagine how much work it all is!! Thanks too for everyone bringing games!! What a fun weekend! Great to connect with old friends and meet some new ones. The Pinside/Bash meet up was nice. Looking forward to next year!!

Blondetall thanks for the nice comments on our MB. Neither of our games had any problems this year. Last year one broke the first hour but we were able to get it back up & running.

#342 8 years ago
    Quoted from Flake:

The ball always struggled to make it up the wireform.

It always took about three tries before it would slowly loop around.

#343 8 years ago

I finally have audits! They're lower than last years, but the avg game time was fairly respectable, with some math it seems like they never got much of a break. My high scores are obliterated.

MMR - 488
    TAF - 558
    FH - 496

Thanks for keepin' em busy!

#344 8 years ago
    Quoted from Magic_Mike:

It always struggled to make it up the wireform.
    It always took about three tries before it would slowly loop around.

Weeeeeird. Thanks for letting me know.

#345 8 years ago

New tradition - the post load-out selfie:
    (Warning: may frighten small children)

image.jpgimage.jpg

#346 8 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

New tradition - the post load-out selfie:
    (Warning: may frighten small children)
    This image got 1 "unsafe" tag and has been hidden automatically, as per your settings. un-hideimage.jpg 1

HAHAH... And someone even marked it has NSFW?

#347 8 years ago

Fantastic show all around. I spent most of my time in the tourney area, but I did make it around the floor a few times and made it to the moon pie meet up about when it was ending. Nice to meet a few of you, especially Wolfmarsh and Cody C. Big thanks to John S. for setting up the 80's arcade. That's where I chilled out from the tourney several times, playing Missile Command, Star Gate, Time Fantasy, Galaxy, etc. That Genesis was beyond belief, with the clear ramps with fiber optics and alt back glass.

Cool to see Lexy Lightspeed, Pirates of the Silverball, Pinball Circus, BOP2.0, and so many others. Really appreciated the FREE Monster drinks! Cool to see Ben Heck, Billy Mitchel, Greg F, Dennis N, Martin A, and so many others!

Biggest thanks, to Preston, Joel, and the rest of their team for pulling off an event that was even better than last year.

Just as worthy of praise are Bryan and Amanda B. for organizing the Pinvasion II PAPA Circuit tourney. It ran very smoothly and most of the games held up very well. Thanks guys! See you next year!

#349 8 years ago

Here is the print I picked up from the Pinball Circus team. Fell in love with it when I saw it.

pythonart.jpgpythonart.jpg

#350 8 years ago

Ben Heck interview I did during the weekend...

There are 404 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-everything-southern-fried-gameroom-expo-thread/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.