(Topic ID: 94802)

Unofficial Everything Southern Fried Gameroom Expo Thread!

By altan

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 404 posts
  • 77 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by shimoda
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 122 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

me & jim.jpg
    image.jpg
    20150621_101910.jpg
    20150620_112322.jpg
    20150621_102248.jpg
    20150621_102148.jpg
    20150621_102117.jpg
    20150620_231340.jpg
    20150619_183243.jpg
    20150619_183609.jpg
    2015-06-21 12.34.13-930.jpg
    2015-06-21 12.22.04.jpg
    IMG_20150622_225924.jpg
    IMG_20150622_225908.jpg
    Celebrate18.gif
    pythonart.jpg

There are 404 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 9.
    #201 3 years ago

I'm still looking for delivery from the show to Raleigh-Durham. TIA.

#202 3 years ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

I'm still looking for delivery from the show to Raleigh-Durham. TIA.

See Don Bosworth. He moves games for a living and lives in Raleigh. PM me if you need his contact info. I know he will be in Atlanta for the show.

larry@flipnoutpinball.com

#203 3 years ago

We will be at SFGE this weekend. We aren't doing a booth this year, but we will bring some assorted rings for sale.

If anyone wants to pick up an order, place it on the site and let me know via email.
    I'll refund the shipping cost and bring it with me.

#204 3 years ago

Do people collect pinball tshirts? I have a D&D Pinball and Expo Brawl shirt that I don't wear (both new and size Med) that I would rather give to a pinballer than goodwill and can bring to SFGE if anyone's interested?

#205 3 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

I have a D&D Pinball and Expo Brawl shirt that I don't wear (both new and size Med) that I would rather give to a pinballer than goodwill and can bring to SFGE if anyone's interested?

Gene, I'll definitely take them if you don't want them.

Thanks

#206 3 years ago
    Quoted from action76:

Gene, I'll definitely take them if you don't want them.
    Thanks

OK I'll bring them - packing now!

#207 3 years ago

34 hours and I will be unloading games at the show! Can't wait!

#208 3 years ago
    Quoted from Schwaggs:

34 hours and I will be unloading my games at the show! Can't wait!

Looking forward to it Jon! I've got five games ready to go so far. No last minute stress this year!

#209 3 years ago

BadBrick is coming in Thursday night, he was telling me today at work he is going to try and come down and help people unload and setup.

I won't be able to get there until around 2pm on Friday, I'm just a spectator this year.

#210 3 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

BadBrick is coming in Thursday night, he was telling me today at work he is going to try and come down and help people unload and setup.
    I won't be able to get there until around 2pm on Friday, I'm just a spectator this year.

We can definitely use some load in help, more the merrier!

#211 3 years ago

I have 6 off-legs and ready to go. Working on Andromeda (newly-broken left EOS switch) now. This is exactly what killed my Fathom at SFGE last year:

IMG_6875.JPG

#212 3 years ago
    Quoted from Schwaggs:

34 hours and I will be unloading games at the show! Can't wait!

I think your math is wrong, and you're scaring me.

#213 3 years ago

Three tips I learned from last year:

1) Set up your cordless drill with a 5/8" socket (and set it to very low torque). Finish with a normal socket wrench.

2) Mark which legs go to which game. Nothing sadder than an Embryon with Stern legs

3) These 24-inch "Gear Ties" from Home Depot are great for keeping legs together:

IMG_6871.JPG

#214 3 years ago

Ugh! I had the main water line spring a leak, which put water on my basement floor... and my gameroom is in my basement.

Luckily no arcade damage --- but have been tearing out flooring, drywall and insulation.

I had to move a ton of stuff and all my pins are blocked...

BUT! I'll get IJ and WH20 to SFGE! I will overcome this challenge.

#215 3 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Too bad for us, you had such nice games last year. But hopefully you will enjoy it a whole lot more not working pins the whole time or working on deals

#216 3 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I won't be able to get there until around 2pm on Friday,

That's about the same time I expect to roll into town. It's over 9 hours from home but I'm using family at the mid-point as a pit-stop. Maybe I'll start a thread asking who is taking the longest road trip to the show.

-Rob
    -visit me at SFGE to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for Williams System 3-7 sound board solutions

#217 3 years ago
    Quoted from sckurk:

Too bad for us, you had such nice games last year. But hopefully you will enjoy it a whole lot more not working pins the whole time or working on deals

I still enjoyed the hell out of it! The main driver for not bringing games this year was my wife wanting to come. I decided to make it a full on vacation. We are going out for dinner Saturday night for a bit on a date.

One day I'll have to bring the SST back to SFGE, I've done some upgrades...

Next year I'll be bringing the Spaceballs with me though, so that will be fun.

#218 3 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I think your math is wrong, and you're scaring me.

Doh! You are right, its actually 65 hours and counting....

Quoted from sckurk:

Looking forward to it Jon! I've got five games ready to go so far. No last minute stress this year!

I'm in a panic... for some reason I decided to do a complete shop job on one of the machines I'm taking to the show starting tonight.... its all in pieces in the tumbler and ultrasonic at the moment...

#219 3 years ago

Also will ask here but at the show as well - anyone know anyone in Auburn/Opelika, AL that has pins? Whenever I visit my parent's I go through withdrawal

#220 3 years ago

Anybody know if the Mario Kart 8 tourney is still taking place and if so when? I do not see it on the last agenda, I think it was on a previous one and my 13 year old wants to play. Thanks!

#221 3 years ago

I'm still hoping to be there for a little bit, but my entire family is fighting against me. I've got a husband with severe migraines, a dad with kidney stones, a mother-in-law just out of foot surgery and home alone, and a dog having seizures. I've forewarned everyone to be well on Saturday, because I need a pin-cation. So if you see a tired-looking tall blonde chick walking around, that may be me.

Either way, someone post lots of pictures if you can.

#222 3 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

I'm still hoping to be there for a little bit, but my entire family is fighting against me. I've got a husband with severe migraines, a dad with kidney stones, a mother-in-law just out of foot surgery and home alone, and a dog having seizures. I've forewarned everyone to be well on Saturday, because I need a pin-cation. So if you see a tired-looking tall blonde chick walking around, that may be me.

Would really love to see you at the show Blondetall. In fact, hubby and I were talking just last night about seeing if we could spot you at the show. Figured we'd look for the tallest blonde woman in the room . On the opposite spectrum, I'm pretty sure I'll be the shortest brunette woman in the room. This show was an absolute blast last year and I am really looking forward to it.

#223 3 years ago

If my mom can sneak away, she's coming too. So there will be 2 tall blondes walking around. Last year she was trying to tell everyone she was my sister... I have a namebadge somewhere and will try to wear it. Hopefully I'll see you there!

#224 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dbaum88:

Anybody know if the Mario Kart 8 tourney is still taking place and if so when? I do not see it on the last agenda, I think it was on a previous one and my 13 year old wants to play. Thanks!

Hi David, it is at 6:00PM on Friday. You can find it, along with all our other events and seminars, listed in our program: http://southernfriedgameroomexpo.com/SFGE_ProgramGuide2015.pdf

#225 3 years ago

I will have Escalera's at the show for purchase so you can take one home from the show. No shipping! Bringing a sampling of the various models to see and try out. Look for our booth!

larry@flipnoutpinball.com
    Escalera Dealer

#226 3 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

I hope everyone gets to feeling better. Kidney stones are the worst. Very few things have brought me to my knees in pain, kidney stones is definitely one.

Please stop me if I walk by you this year and don't see you! Unless it's midday Saturday, you'll get to meet my wife too.

And with this reply, another bump to the top!

354018585-Bump_Mario.gif

#227 3 years ago

Just added some new games to the list as people have revised what they were able to bring out to the show.

We've got classic KISS and modern KISS coming to SFGE now! The official Stern launch party is on
    Saturday. Also, Junk Yard, which I'm looking forward to trying out.

http://www.southernfriedgameroomexpo.com/index.php/games2014/

2 days and 19 hours... everybody ready??

#228 3 years ago
    Quoted from joelreeves:

everybody ready??

Hell yea! Looking forward to it Joel!

#229 3 years ago
    Quoted from joelreeves:

2 days and 19 hours... everybody ready??

So much to get ready and so little time!

#230 3 years ago
    Quoted from joelreeves:

Just added some new games to the list as people have revised what they were able to bring out to the show.

Thanks. Is there a thread I've missed that lists games that will be for sale?

#232 3 years ago

Will Pinball News be there or is someone taking pictures on their behalf?

There was no coverage last year.

#233 3 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

Also will ask here but at the show as well - anyone know anyone in Auburn/Opelika, AL that has pins? Whenever I visit my parent's I go through withdrawal

I live in Auburn, Alabama, but alas have sold my pinball's as room became an issue, so I am really looking forward to this weekend to say the least. I do have a buddy that has an original Black Knight but other than this I would Like to know of anyone as well, that would be interesting.

#234 3 years ago

You all are coming to the Pinside meetup at 9:30 PM on Friday night in the Dogwood room right?

No obligation to stay more than a few minutes, but it's always cool to meet the people behind the pinsiders!

#235 3 years ago

Thanks. I doubt I can get there, but I still might buy something and have Don at pinballsonthemove ship it.

#236 3 years ago
    Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Will Pinball News be there or is someone taking pictures on their behalf?
    There was no coverage last year.

As far as I know, Martin from Pinball News is coming to cover the show.
    He really does an amazing job and we're pretty honored to have him here.

I always read his coverage of other shows. Makes it a little less painful to miss out on them...

#237 3 years ago
    Quoted from gentrsa:

I do have a buddy that has an original Black Knight but other than this I would Like to know of anyone as well, that would be interesting.

My Black Knight will be there. Not much original is left, though - It's all CPR / Mayfair / Kohut.

#239 3 years ago

2 days and 4 hours until launch!!!

#240 3 years ago

weren't there more pins last year ? list on webpage say 93 or something & I thought last year it was closer to 200 nevertheless I am stoked to be going again

#241 3 years ago
    Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

last year it was closer to 200

Here's a snapshot of the game list right after the show:

https://web.archive.org/web/20140720191507/http://www.southernfriedgameroomexpo.com/index.php/games2014/

There were about 100 pins last year. I think the quality will be even better this year.

#242 3 years ago

Hey, I just rediscovered this great set of professional pictures from last year (the photographer is Juan Jusino):

https://www.flickr.com/photos/117416433@N05/sets/72157644912631699/

#243 3 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Hey, I just rediscovered this great set of professional pictures from last year (the photographer is Juan Jusino):

Cool thanks Swampfire hope to meet you this year

#244 3 years ago

weren't there more pins last year ? list on webpage say 93 or something & I thought last year it was closer to 200 nevertheless I am stoked to be going again

There are 10 more pins coming that we don't know the identity of yet, plus probably a few more that will show up on the day of the show. I think all 10 of these will be for sale and in very nice shape. Definitely a few more than last year.

( now I just need to figure out where to put them all.... )

#245 3 years ago

Cool thanks Swampfire hope to meet you this year

Make sure to come by the Dogwood room at 9:30 on Friday night to meet a bunch of Pinsiders!

#246 3 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Make sure to come by the Dogwood room at 9:30 on Friday night to meet a bunch of Pinsiders!

Wolfmarsh I would love to go to that! but wont be arriving till Saturday morning , doing the early A.M drive up from Florida .... hopefully I will get meet everyone @ the bar or on site , I will be wearing my Pinside Tee shirt & it has my Pinside name & avatar on the back

#247 3 years ago

everyone looks exactly like their avatars right?

#248 3 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

Yes, I'll be 12 and smoking a Carlton. .

This is me a few years ago.

image.jpg
    #249 3 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

I'm the polar opposite of my avatar. I'm a middle aged fat guy.

Here is a picture, but I'm married so don't start PM'ing me with a bunch of proposals and stuff.

11a5223.jpg

#250 3 years ago

I'm the gray haired guy who will be kicking everybody's ass in the tournament!

Just kidding of course, but last year I did take 4th in the main and 2nd in Classics.(That darn Adam Lefkoff feller!)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 305.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    ...redshiftLED
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7,199.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 209.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 8,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 32.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 16.00
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 8,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 349.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 209.99
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 149.00
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    There are 404 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 9.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside