(Topic ID: 94802)

Unofficial Everything Southern Fried Gameroom Expo Thread!

By altan

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 404 posts
  • 77 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by shimoda
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

me & jim.jpg
    image.jpg
    20150621_101910.jpg
    20150620_112322.jpg
    20150621_102248.jpg
    20150621_102148.jpg
    20150621_102117.jpg
    20150620_231340.jpg
    20150619_183243.jpg
    20150619_183609.jpg
    2015-06-21 12.34.13-930.jpg
    2015-06-21 12.22.04.jpg
    IMG_20150622_225924.jpg
    IMG_20150622_225908.jpg
    Celebrate18.gif
    pythonart.jpg
    There are 404 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 9.
    #151 8 years ago

My 2 games are ready! Can't wait! Great show last year...hope it's even better this year. If you see me say hello!

me & jim.jpgme & jim.jpg

Obviously that's me on the left and world class on the right.

#152 8 years ago
    Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

Really enjoyed last year's SFGE! Hope they aren't making any significant changes to the format cause it was as close to perfect as it could be. Look fwd to doing it again this year!!

Thanks for the kind words! No huge changes ( if it's not broke... ) but tweaks here and there.
    Should be a few more games, more guests -- can't wait for Dennis Nordman and Greg Freres to show off Whoah Nellie!

AND a cool special area in the smaller ballroom thanks to Mr. Swampfire...

#153 8 years ago
    Quoted from altan:

Wow! You are organized...
    I'm only now deciding which games to bring!

I registered 3 already....not sure if more are coming now that getting them in/out of the house is easier this time around. Very likely one or two more.

edit: bring creature, he needs to get out of the lagoon more. I ask this for completely unselfish purposes.

#154 8 years ago

I'm proud of the 2 interviews that I did at this event...

and

2 weeks later
    #155 8 years ago

Cleaning up my WhiteWater for SFGE...

IMG_5628 - Version 2.jpgIMG_5628 - Version 2.jpg

Not a perfect WH2O but pretty darn nice...

1 week later
    #156 8 years ago

I'll be riding over in a van with AMH directly behind my seat! Looking forward to spending almost 3 solid days in the tourney area. I'm really excited for Atlanta Pinvasion II and the real possibility that it could be the first PAPA circuit ever(or any tournament for that matter) with an AMH and KISS in the bank of games. The PAPA.TV guys will have a field day with that!

#157 8 years ago

Its going to be great this year! Can't wait to see everyone there! I'm glad we've got even more people in the industry making their way out this year. Its amazing how fast Preston et. al. have been able to facilitate SFGE gaining as much traction as it has!

#158 8 years ago

I realized something kind of cool yesterday. It was June 18th, 2005 when I took a road trip (about a 600 miles) to get my "it needs to be shopped but claimed to work 100%" WhiteWater. I spent the night there, picked up the WH20 the next day on June 19th and got back home around 1AM Monday morning.

That means I got my WH20 on June 19, 2005. Since SFGE is June 19th, I'm bringing my WH20 to SFGE on it's 10th year anniversary!

Funny how dates can line up like that.

#159 8 years ago
    Quoted from cody_chunn:

If you see me say hello!

If you're sporting the same moustache you did last year, you won't be hard to miss.

That was impressive.

#160 8 years ago
    Quoted from Magic_Mike:

If you're sporting the same moustache you did last year, you won't be hard to miss.
    That was impressive.

Hah! It's even better this year!

#161 8 years ago
    Quoted from cody_chunn:

Hah! It's even better this year!

Bat-stach.jpgBat-stach.jpg

#162 8 years ago

Is there an online daily schedule of events for the SFGE yet? I can't find it.

#163 8 years ago
    Quoted from Magic_Mike:

http://www.southernfriedgameroomexpo.com/index.php/expo_agenda/

It's not completed yet...

#164 8 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I'll be riding over in a van with AMH directly behind my seat! Looking forward to spending almost 3 solid days in the tourney area. I'm really excited for Atlanta Pinvasion II and the real possibility that it could be the first PAPA circuit ever(or any tournament for that matter) with an AMH and KISS in the bank of games. The PAPA.TV guys will have a field day with that!

Looking forward to seeing both of those in person! Any chance they'll be available for non-tournament players to enjoy?

#166 8 years ago
    Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Hey Mike! It's been one year since I got Slick Chick from you. Still working great! We gonna trade something this year?

#167 8 years ago

Oops, I found out that the "Weird Al" Yankovic concert that I already had bought tickets for is the Saturday night of SFGE this year.

#168 8 years ago

A lot of great stuff cooked up for you guys at SFGE this year.
    Plus a few surprises, possibly even worth missing Weird Al...

#169 8 years ago

Someone call Weird Al and tell him to come over to SFGE before the concert.

I know someone here has him in their contacts.

#170 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dbaum88:

Hey Mike! It's been one year since I got Slick Chick from you. Still working great! We gonna trade something this year?

I'm glad it went to a good home.

I don't have anything for trade this year.

#171 8 years ago
    Quoted from joelreeves:

A lot of great stuff cooked up for you guys at SFGE this year.
    Plus a few surprises, possibly even worth missing Weird Al...

Hey Joel, if I get the Little Chief done in time can I substitute it for the Blackjack?

#172 8 years ago
    Quoted from sckurk:

So I'm thinking you don't do excellent very often...

Doing some prep work for this year's SFGE and stumbled on this comment... . Nice.

I'm installing Pinnovator headphone jacks in TSPP and FGY for this year's show (and a couple not going). Bring your headphones.

#173 8 years ago
    Quoted from cody_chunn:

Hey Joel, if I get the Little Chief done in time can I substitute it for the Blackjack?

Little Chief is a great game, glad to have it coming to the show!

#174 8 years ago
    Quoted from joelreeves:

Little Chief is a great game, glad to have it coming to the show!

That's great, thanks! It will be there.

PS: You can ignore my email I sent you earlier :0)

#175 8 years ago
    Quoted from ddebuss:

Doing some prep work for this year's SFGE and stumbled on this comment... . Nice.

You're getting better, it only took ten months to respond to that one...

#176 8 years ago

Two weeks to the show, can't wait!

#177 8 years ago

From the web page: "We have reached maximum capacity for 2015 and will not be able to accept any additional games for the free play gameroom this year." There is one thing that could be improved.

Looking forward to the show!

#178 8 years ago

Can't wait! It will be a 4 day weekend for me. Also, after having my best tourney result ever at Pinvasion last year, I'm anxious to see if I can repeat my performance. Plus, I'm really looking forward to Swampfire's 80"s arcade experience.

#179 8 years ago

I hope I haven't built up the 1985 Arcade too much. I expect it's something that will get a little better every year. For now, it's all about the games and the music. Maybe we can add a costume contest next year. Members Only jacket and parachute pants for break dancing, anyone?

#180 8 years ago

Just having the games grouped together is awesome.

#181 8 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I hope I haven't built up the 1985 Arcade too much. I expect it's something that will get a little better every year. For now, it's all about the games and the music. Maybe we can add a costume contest next year. Members Only jacket and parachute pants for break dancing, anyone?

Please make sure you invite the Members Only - members only group!
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/members-only-club-members-only

#182 8 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I think it will be great. If you can find a floor lamp or something, I have some "disco light" lightbulbs. They turn and project colors on the ceiling/walls.

#183 8 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I think it will be great. If you can find a floor lamp or something, I have some "disco light" lightbulbs. They turn and project colors on the ceiling/walls.

Cool, I'll bring at least one floor lamp. I have a cool DJ wash effect, but it's one of those that you can only run for 15 minutes on/off without overheating the bulb. I'll see if I can crack it open and replace the incandescent with an LED bulb.

#184 8 years ago

Holy cow! Less than 2 weeks!!!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#185 8 years ago

I packed up 6 of my 8 pins this weekend, and made up a few more "pinball buddies" from 1/2" black pipe. These are for holding up the back of the game while you install or remove the back legs. I'll start a thread about that when I get them painted and looking nice.

[EDIT: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/build-a-pinball-buddy-for-less-than-50]

#186 8 years ago

I was going to build some stands from wood. Why not start the thread and update it as you complete. That way others can start the build process before we run out of time. I for one want a butter way of getting them on and off their legs this year. At a minimum send me a picture.

#187 8 years ago

Does anyone know if Marco is doing "delivery to southern fried" again this year? I have some non-urgent stuff to order.

#188 8 years ago
    Quoted from ddebuss:

I was going to build some stands from wood. Why not start the thread and update it as you complete. That way others can start the build process before we run out of time. I for one want a butter way of getting them on and off their legs this year. At a minimum send me a picture.

Here you go:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/build-a-pinball-buddy-for-less-than-50

#189 8 years ago
    Quoted from Flake:

Does anyone know if Marco is doing "delivery to southern fried" again this year? I have some non-urgent stuff to order.

Just spoke with Marco and yes they will bring orders down with them instead of shipping if you specify when you order.

#190 8 years ago
    Quoted from sckurk:

Just spoke with Marco and yes they will bring orders down with them instead of shipping if you specify when you order.

Thanks Scott! Maybe I can finally get a replacement piece if widebody glass for my STTNG! They had a stack of regular glass last year but no widebody glass.

#191 8 years ago

anyone from Florida that could haul a pin to the SFGE shoot me a pm.

#192 8 years ago
    Quoted from _litz:

The success this year, shows that next year this'll be a destination event, not a regional event.

I'm driving 9 hours from Northern Virginia and I know of another person doing the same...

-Rob
    -visit me at http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for Williams system 3-7 sound board solutions

#193 8 years ago

Official SFGE program guide is available here:

http://southernfriedgameroomexpo.com/SFGE_ProgramGuide2015.pdf

So stoked for next weekend!

Anybody who is on the fence - do whatever you can to get to SFGE, even if it's just for one day. One glance at the guide above shows you the professionalism and attention-to-detail by the organizers that made this show such a great time last year, and it's just getting better!!!

#194 8 years ago

I was not able to bring a pin, since they are out of free play space. Anyone bring enough to have an extra party pass?

#195 8 years ago

Are any folks bringing machines into their hotel rooms for after partying like at some of the other shows

#196 8 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

Are any folks bringing machines into their hotel rooms for after partying like at some of the other shows

Better not be next to my room!

#197 8 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

Really not necessary - the Free Play area is open until midnight. Head to the bar after that, and then to the pool when they close the bar. I'm planning to behave myself this year, so the post-midnight mischief will be up to someone else.

#198 8 years ago

Sounds good! I know in ATL the bars stay open way later than in California

#199 8 years ago
    Quoted from Flake:

Does anyone know if Marco is doing "delivery to southern fried" again this year?

So, what did you guys find out?

#200 8 years ago
    Quoted from Magic_Mike:

So, what did you guys find out?

See post #189.

There are 404 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-everything-southern-fried-gameroom-expo-thread/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.