(Topic ID: 179830)

Unobtainium Parts

By hoby1

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0470 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0468 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0467 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0466 (resized).JPG
    005 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
    s-l1600 (resized).jpg
    003 (resized).JPG
    images (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    IMG_0455 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0454 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0451 (resized).JPG
    Barabara Belt (resized).jpg
    There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 7 years ago

Hey guys

I have a friend that works for a company that can basically make anything " or so he says " using various processes. They do aircraft and military work. He told me that they could do runs of specific parts made out of any material desired in any amount " cost being cheaper for larger runs " at a great price point with an original part as no development would be needed

Things that came to make mind were parts like Bonzia run lift hub

This maybe an opportunity to have an outlet for stuff that's crazy hard to find that's better than the original

Any ideas what should be made and how many would great. I hope vendors could chime in here for orders as I believe what this person says as fact.

To make cost effective an original part would be required for development

Lmk Allen

#2 7 years ago

Do you know if anybody is making those diverter arm brackets for Rollergames?

Also, the black plastic spot target bank housing (both moving and stationary sections) have, to my knowledge, never been made.

Not a vendor, those are just the first two parts that come to mind...

#3 7 years ago

Classic Stern slingshot kicker arms (# A-157-1).

Classic Stern # 1A-271 Front Coil Bracket for Generation 2 flipper coils.

#4 7 years ago

That I don't know. This is a post to see what is needed out there. Stuff that's not available. Hoping vendors have input as they are more familiar to what's needed.

He told me they have all equipment to make anything out of any material that is requested

He said he can do singles without the original. I'm sure that would not be cheap.

#5 7 years ago

bell shaped spacers on early Bally solid state games

#6 7 years ago

I have a bunch of zaccaria parts i'd love to repro.

#7 7 years ago

He presented this to me as a friend not as ploy to drum up sales

I don't really keep up what is needed that's on high demand.

Don't even know if it's going to be a service that's needed

What it is , is an opportunity to see if there are specific items that our needed to be reproduced. Made bettered than the originals out of material that is requested

Basically build to order by the experts at what I hope is resonalble price point

#8 7 years ago

I think it's going to be a fine line between his time and making parts that are most needed. This is more of a chance to see whats needed

And ideas would be great and we are both willing to put in the time and work will with requests

Please keep in my mind we both work full time jobs and we are not sure what cost will be

Basically a service to build complex parts that are no longer available. Doesn't mean other things can't be made but as a trial a larger run of 2/3 hundred would be best

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I have a bunch of zaccaria parts i'd love to repro.

Neo .... lmk what you need from what he tells me they make any request out of any material. 2/3 week turnaround at a reasonable cost. From what I've seen they have an unheard of amount of technology, equipment, and processes. Once aging an original would be merge to keep costs s down. They will also do custom work. One better my anodizing which is very hard to source these days

#11 7 years ago

Also guy this is NOT a prinling , board making replica deal. It's about producing parts that are not made out of better materials. Brackets , cams ,ect etc.

It's even a whatever you want out of any material

#12 7 years ago

I believe there's at least one other thread detailing unubtanium parts that people would like made.

Potential licensing issues ... unless kept to pms

#13 7 years ago

No way there could ever be a license issue. Anyone that tells you different is full of shit. No trademarks , not the same process, and carte blanch. A generic part as a replacement made to a customers specifications. SUE ME

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

Potential licensing issues ... unless kept to pms

As long as there is no artwork or logos, there is generally no problem.

#16 7 years ago

Obviously there was another thread on this. Sorry did not see it

I quess it's not worth perusing then

Oh well

I will help anyone that asks not only in the pinball forum

The difference is that 3D printing is not the processe being done ( fkn crap weak garbage ) these will be made to military standards, cast , extrusions , machined , made of the material requested at a reasonable price point. Parts like TAF bookcase linkage, or any other original ideas anyone hads ..My bad

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

I quess it's not worth perusing then

It is certainly worthwhile.

That thread simply contains a big list of unobtainable parts people were looking for. A shopping list, of sorts.

The parts that people want is changing all the time as they buy & sell games, and as parts become available or unavailable.

That thread simply gives a jump start on what people might be looking for.

#18 7 years ago

This is more of a great guy that prides himself on HiS accomplishments. He's not looking to get rich on making 10 dollars profit on 1000 parts He offered and I accepted as a fiend

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

Any ideas what should be made and how many would great. I hope vendors could chime in here for orders as I believe what this person says as fact.

It's merely a pool of ideas. Nobody said you had to make all of them or in massive quantities.

It's a handy list to draw from for your perusal, and anything that you can produce would likely be very appreciated.

#20 7 years ago

Actually, thinking about it some more, if he just wants to create the molds and dies for parts and then pass those molds/dies off to someone else for the production of the actual parts, that would be very useful.

Part of the reason why some parts are unobtainable is that the molds/dies were lost, and it would be too expensive, complicated, or time consuming to have them made again.

#21 7 years ago

Not saying it will either. Also I'm not saying it a charity.

This is more a a friend that is intrigued width the hobby and his unique skills would only help the group

I really think we at steering away from the topic at hand. If I'm reaching and you guys feel that this is a moot point please close the thread.
    I really was excited about this opportunity

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Actually, thinking about it some more, if he just wants to create the molds and dies for parts and then pass those molds/dies off to someone else for the production of the actual parts, that would be very useful.
    Part of the reason why some parts are unobtainable is that the molds/dies were lost, and it would be too expensive, complicated, or time consuming to have them made again.

I think he would make what we asked him .... no piece that would be too intricate. And not 3D moulded crap

#23 7 years ago

am confused...

are you trying to drum up opportunities or just curious about unobtainable parts - nothing wrong with either but really sounds like you are trying to create some work for some good value investment for particular unobtainable parts which is good and cool but just say it or head to the other thread and learn what people are wanting, invest and launch a part at a time and see what people think. If money and time isn't the issue then just pick one and have some fun.

#24 7 years ago

Just a thought....As a start point... why not call Steve at PBR and run this by him. Im sure he could tell you some parts that he would source if he could and how many etc.

#25 7 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

bell shaped spacers on early Bally solid state games

I second this. Both the larger and skinnier ones. One would think these wouldn't be hard to manufacture.

#26 7 years ago

Post your offer in the other thread as well.. I think people want the parts made -- one issue is that you need an original when in some cases I'm guessing people want a new one because theirs is gone or broken. Ideally getting the molds made would be awesome or just getting a # for how many people are interested in each part.. lives takes some organization and someone to take the lead

#27 7 years ago

Do you/they have access to precision water jet cutting from file?

I ask, as when you mention military contracts, some of the newest cutters
    in the last couple years have become very precise, and I have a serious $$$
    project, Ive been trying to piggyback......

Art

#28 7 years ago

Military grade hardware in a pinball machine.

Hmm, the potential....

#29 7 years ago

I would love to see parts with better materials. For example, shadow rings made out of metal instead of plastic.

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Do you/they have access to precision water jet cutting from file?
    I ask, as when you mention military contracts, some of the newest cutters
    in the last couple years have become very precise, and I have a serious $$$
    project, Ive been trying to piggyback......
    Art

I definitely will find out Art I know very little about any of this.

Should see him next weekend

#31 7 years ago

Thank you! I appreciate your time to inquire!

#32 7 years ago

Wcs ramps. Needed some and they are no where to be found.

#33 7 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Both the larger and skinnier ones. One would think these wouldn't be hard to manufacture.

Still working on these. And you'd be surprised.

Shawn
    Third Coast Pinball

#34 7 years ago

Last action hero topper

#35 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Wire form, or plastic?

#36 7 years ago

Gotta get mor info from him. From what I understand any material but not sure of all the processes

#37 7 years ago

Cirqus Voltaire guard ball guides have been unavailable for the past 5 years or so. Pinbits used to fabricate this part, Williams P/N 04-10253-1 (rhs), but has been out of stock for a very long time and this part is not available anywhere else. Also the left hand side version of this part, Williams P/N 04-10253-1 (lhs), for Monster Bash is not available anywhere and hasn't been for quite some time.

https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_4&products_id=193&zenid=11b9a5ee191c0e86beb4be1ec4e8c07c
    https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_7&products_id=170&zenid=11b9a5ee191c0e86beb4be1ec4e8c07c

Gord

#39 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Starship Fantasy has these in their pipeline. Fingers crossed that they'll be out soon.

#40 7 years ago

Don't know how large the market is, but Alvin G flipper mechs/links. Sources have dried up and most are having to convert over to WMS linkages.

#41 7 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Wire form, or plastic?

Plastic. Too bad i sold mine though. Sure there are a lot of people who need plastic ramps.

#42 7 years ago

Capcom flipper mechs

#43 7 years ago
    Quoted from moto_cat:

Capcom flipper mechs

Everything is available except the links.

Alvin G flipper parts are unobatnium. Links, plungers, flipper bats, literally every piece is unobatnium.

#44 7 years ago

Whodunnit Center ramp, and other 2 ramps as well, worse than Unobtainium, think the center ramp was made from rocking horse shit

#45 7 years ago

Judging by the response I have received on my thread, these would qualify as unobtainium.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-good-used-or-nos-fire-buildings
    Even the crickets thought the silence was deafening.

#46 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mancave:

Whodunnit Center ramp

Check out Freeplay40 ramps thread.
    Mark will be making the elevator ramp for W?D this month. Go to thread and he takes your name down!

#47 7 years ago
    Quoted from dozer1:

Judging by the response I have received on my thread, these would qualify as unobtainium

Dozer, which ones you need, all I assume?
    This would have to be a vacuform mold. Not easy to do. I had spoken to Rick about a year ago, finding the decals or making them also a challenge.

#48 7 years ago

Have remade Bing Bang Barbara's belt and if needed PM me. Barbara is being made anew from scratch so not just re casted to avoid copying coming soon to replace the one in the picture that was twisted weirded out. Twisted sister for sure. Picture shows her with her new purple panties. First picture shows printed belt before smoothing and painting.

Barabara Belt (resized).jpgBarabara Belt (resized).jpg
    IMG_0451 (resized).JPGIMG_0451 (resized).JPG

#49 7 years ago

Main thing OP needs is samples to get things refabricated. withouth a sample to copy, not much can be done.

#50 7 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Dozer, which ones you need, all I assume?

Well, The 2 outside long ones would be great. 1 of my 2 inner ones is damaged, but I have made repairs to all and it should work fine. Yes they are vacuum formed buildings, which I thought would be the good news. That is way more do-able then injection moulding anyway. You are right on about the decals. There are many many decals on those 5 chunks of plastic! A good printer could make short work of that you would think. Just a matter of having the art to print. No indication that Rick has this art?

There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unobtainium-parts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.