20150312232315874.jpg
20150312232033171.jpg
20150312231754880.jpg
20150312232302525.jpg
20150312223233314.jpg
20150312224631650.jpg
20150312223258674.jpg
20150312223210375.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

based on greatwichjohn's reproduction of both the seawitch and star gazer playfields, I've contacted steve young @ pbresource.com about the possibility of him running quantity of the blue transparent faceted posts.

I'll be sending him the information this evening (number of posts used by height, by game) and <fingers crossed> we may actually see a run of this desperately product soon.

I'm also going to ask about the possibility of a re-run of both pop caps with the [correct] hot stamped ribbing on the edges.

#8 9 years ago

can someone else with a seawitch confirm to make sure that I have this correct? on my seawitch, I have the following:
purple = 1" tall posts (25)
blue = 1-3/16" tall posts (22)

seawitch playfield (posts).jpgseawitch playfield (posts).jpg

edit:
I've updated the image to also show which post positions are the wood screw metal posts where the acorn nuts attach on the top side of the playfield plastics on my SW (the little black dots in the center of the color circles)

#10 9 years ago

I emailed steve young and it looks like not only will he be producing the faceted posts in the near future, we will also be seeing the white round target faces with the stars (seawitch).

I know that some people here have commented about the stern blue being a much deeper, almost royal blue. if someone has a decent post that they would like to offer up to steve for color matching, you might want to contact him @ pbresource.com

I would do this, but the posts on my seawitch are the concentric ring type and have all turned to that weird dark burgundy color.

#19 9 years ago

from steve young this morning:
color matching will make this project unaffordable...the color matching charge with the formulation work will run about $700 on top of the part...the only way this will get run is by using the standard -10 williams trp blue color.

I'm in if he runs them, regardless of the color blue used. given that my seawitch doesn't even have the faceted posts and my current ones look like crap, any upgrade is a step in the right direction.

#20 9 years ago

my response to steve:

if you ran 5,000pcs with the color matching, we'd be looking at an increase of about .15 per post to cover your costs for the formulation work (based on your $700 figure).

I don't have a problem paying the increased cost per post, I'll post your reply on pinside and try and see what they feel. you might be surprised at their willingness to get it done [correctly] vs. just getting it done.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

I'm curious what the logic is on SW between tall and short posts. Bally uses tall posts where plastic attaches and short on the ones underneath the plastic. SW seems to be a random assortment. I switched mine around so no tall posts were scratching the underside of the plastic like Bally does it.

sk8ball:
so, you did something like this? blue = tall posts, purple = shorter posts
the posts under P7 could go either way since all 3 posts hold the plastic overhead. additionally, I believe that the right edge of that plastic rests over the wooden siderail which is the left shooter lane.

seawitch (new post configuration).jpgseawitch (new post configuration).jpg

2 months later
#53 8 years ago

3 cheers for steve young at pinball resource!!!

I just received this email from him:

both the 1" and 1-3/16" clear blue (dark) posts have been produced and are now available for purchase...cost is $0.70 each...part numbers are GTB-C11561CB and C11562CB respectively.

thanks for encouraging me to get them done.

remember to thank him for doing this for us when you place your order

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tempe, AZ
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

$ 300.00
Cabinet Parts
Fantastic Pinball Inc.

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

3,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unobtainium-circa-1980-stern-posts?tu=j_m_ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.