20150312232315874.jpg
20150312232033171.jpg
20150312231754880.jpg
20150312232302525.jpg
20150312223233314.jpg
20150312224631650.jpg
20150312223258674.jpg
20150312223210375.jpg
There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago

any news on this?

#52 9 years ago

Glad I found this thread, I already ordered 50 blue star posts and installed them a few months ago in my SW shop job. I just found the faceted design in Nine Ball, and I think it's the best design ever for a star post -- nowhere for wax to get stuck. I guess I have a lighter blue in my Seawitch right now, and I think it just might brighten up the game a bit. I won't vote either way, just saying it might not be a catastrophe.

-mof

1 month later
#53 8 years ago

3 cheers for steve young at pinball resource!!!

I just received this email from him:

both the 1" and 1-3/16" clear blue (dark) posts have been produced and are now available for purchase...cost is $0.70 each...part numbers are GTB-C11561CB and C11562CB respectively.

thanks for encouraging me to get them done.

remember to thank him for doing this for us when you place your order

5 months later
#56 8 years ago

I have 24 tall posts (1-3/16") and 23 short posts (1-1/16"). These are all I saw on the playfield. I don't think there are any under the bottom arch. Might as well just get 25 of each just to be safe.

The only odd thing I've seen on people's SGs is at the right spinner. The flyer shows a small metal post with a mini rubber at the top to protect the spinner wire through the playfield. Some games I've seen this was replaced or maybe it even came with a blue starpost. Protects the actuator wire better but makes the opening smaller for sure.

I've not ordered mine yet, so I don't know about color match.

1 year later
#57 6 years ago

I just found this thread, and wanted to note that I bought some of the PBR faceted/transparent-blue posts for my Seawitch, and I was not very happy with the colour-match. In the attached photo, you see an original Stern post on the left, and PBR "tall" in the middle, and PBR "short" on the right. The PBR 1" posts in particular are a pretty crappy washed-out grey-blue. I could live with the PBR 1-3/16" posts, as they are a "nice" blue.

Also, on the issue of post-heights for Seawitch , it seems there is still some controversy! Possibly there is no "right" answer!

PBR-posts (resized).jpgPBR-posts (resized).jpg

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Dude:

Also, on the issue of post-heights for Seawitch , it seems there is still some controversy! Possibly there is no "right" answer!

See the chart here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unobtainium-circa-1980-stern-posts#post-2307933

Is that what you were referring to?

#59 6 years ago

Yes, that is this thread, and I read it through. The particular areas that were of concern to me are above the left and right return lanes. On the the right-side I ended up using all "short" 1" posts, including the single post guarding the return-lane. On the left-side, I put short posts only on the lower-most three, and all others being "tall" 1-3/16" posts.

Tall posts all round would seem to be indicated for two reasons:
- The sling-shots are all tall posts, so you would think you'd like the return-lane guard posts to be tall to match
- The left-side posts above the return-lane guard area are backing a drop-target bank, and thus need to be tall posts to prevent the ball from hopping up and hitting the plastic shield, and you generally have posts of all the same height for a given plastic

I tried putting all tall posts in these locations, but there were two issues:
- The plastic shield on the right-side ends up looking a bit strange as it is raised up above the level of the wooden shooter-lane divider
- The left-most post which takes an acorn nut is so close to the left-wall that the plastic shield is bending uncomfortably much when using a tall post.

So, in the end I'm different again from all the other posters on this thread.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clermont, FL
$ 10.00
$ 300.00
Cabinet Parts
Fantastic Pinball Inc.

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tempe, AZ
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 69.00
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

3,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unobtainium-circa-1980-stern-posts/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.