New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 170573)

Unnoficial but maybe official in the future Toy Story Thread

By jamieflowers

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by WyseGuy
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

TSL203431 (resized).jpg
    Alien-Swirling-Saucers (resized).jpeg
    TSL-Overview (resized).jpg
    60878226 (resized).jpg
    51ePrh3qQIL._SX300_QL70_ (resized).jpg
    632e86a1f7619f4ed4791f9b353f9ff7 (resized).jpg

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 years ago

So there might be another thread somewhere here on a possible JJP Toy Story Pinball machine but I cannot seem to find it. I understand that JJ got the license from Disney but it could either be for Toy Story or Pirates. Anyone have any more information on this?

Toy Story is a dream theme for me so I am really hoping there is some truth to this rumor. Plus with Toy Story 4 coming out there will be renewed interest in the franchise.

#2 4 years ago
    Quoted from jamieflowers:

So there might be another thread somewhere here on a possible JJP Toy Story Pinball machine but I cannot seem to find it. I understand that JJ got the license from Disney but it could either be for Toy Story or Pirates. Anyone have any more information on this?
    Toy Story is a dream theme for me so I am really hoping there is some truth to this rumor. Plus with Toy Story 4 coming out there will be renewed interest in the franchise.

You don't need "renewed interest" in something that's permanently attached to the hearts of millions. Toy Story has nostalgia at this point....it'd be a great theme with or without a 4th movie.

#3 4 years ago

So there might be another thread somewhere here on a possible JJP Toy Story Pinball machine but I cannot seem to find it.

I believe it was mentioned in this thread-

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjps-new-game

#4 4 years ago

I think this would be a great theme. I'll be in if it happens.

#5 4 years ago

Me too, I'd be in for a Buzz Le for sure!

#6 4 years ago

Great theme! Can incorporate sci-fi, western, comedy, and adventure themes all in one package.

To Infinity Multiball and BEYOND!!!

#7 4 years ago

A Spanish Buzz mode/feature would be awesome!

#8 4 years ago

I really hope this is true! I would love to see what jjp could do with a toy story themed pin!

#9 4 years ago

I'd like to shoot and collect all of Mr. potatoe heads pieces.
    "The claw" would make a cool ball lock, similar to flying monkey in WOZ.
    Maybe 3 aliens as jet bumpers.
    The toy chest could open to reveal different characters inside (on an led screen).
    The army men would need a mode fur sure...
    Maybe the RC car attached to a captive ball like Bart's skateboard in Simpsons pinball party.
    Tables could be woody or buzz themed. Red and white caution tape rails like on buzz's wings.
    Please Jersey Jack, Do It!!!

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

I'd like to shoot and collect all of Mr. potatoe heads pieces.
    "The claw" would make a cool ball lock, similar to flying monkey in WOZ.
    Maybe 3 aliens as jet bumpers.
    The toy chest could open to reveal different characters inside (on an led screen).
    The army men would need a mode fur sure...
    Maybe the RC car attached to a captive ball like Bart's skateboard in Simpsons pinball party.
    Tables could be woody or buzz themed. Red and white caution tape rails like on buzz's wings.
    Please Jersey Jack, Do It!!!

Wow awesome ideas!

#11 4 years ago

I'm in on one of these for sure. Great theme for kids and parents with tons of possibilities for toys and modes.

#12 4 years ago

Toy Story is a great theme and would be very cool in a pinball machine. I wonder though how keen Tom Hanks and Tim Allen would be on doing the call outs for the game. If all the other actors voices were procured for the pin also I think it would end up on a whole next level of success.

#13 4 years ago

To me this would rival every theme up to and including Harry Potter.

Still depends on execution of layout and code I won't buy anything just due to theme.

It would be cool if they didn't stick 100% to the movies, I'd almost prefer if they didn't.

#14 4 years ago

This would be HUGE with the kids, just what's needed to get them interested in the hobby. But the way prices are going it could be a HUGE $$$$$$$ pin to buy.

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yipykya:

Toy Story is a great theme and would be very cool in a pinball machine. I wonder though how keen Tom Hanks and Tim Allen would be on doing the call outs for the game. If all the other actors voices were procured for the pin also I think it would end up on a whole next level of success.

I bought a Disney woody toy with the talking pull string, turns out, its tom hanks brother that did the voices for the toys. Should be easy enough to hire him...

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

I bought a Disney woody toy with the talking pull string, turns out, its tom hanks brother that did the voices for the toys. Should be easy enough to hire him...

I had the same toy. Only problem is it didn't sound anything like Tom Hanks. Even my 2 year old at the time looked puzzled the first time he pulled the string and Woody didn't sound like Woody.

#17 4 years ago

Hard to think Toy Story is a 21 year IP already. Great theme for a pin.

TRIM MUST BE YELLOW

The Green and Blue LEs where no good.

632e86a1f7619f4ed4791f9b353f9ff7 (resized).jpg

51ePrh3qQIL._SX300_QL70_ (resized).jpg

#18 4 years ago

I know this is just rumors and pipe dreams but.... PLEASE BE TRUE! The Toys are just screaming to be put into a pinball machine!

#19 4 years ago

I would like a better more fun version of Pirates of the Carribean then the one that was done by Stern that bores me
    to death

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I would like a better more fun version of Pirates of the Carribean then the one that was done by Stern that bores me
    to death

I feel like pirates isn't great, but not bad enough to remake within 10 years. Franchise got milked, don't think many people care about it anymore.

#21 4 years ago

Wow! A Toy Story pin is a great idea. I'm always hoping for more original titles, but that would draw the kids in for sure. How about a drawstring for the plunger?

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from hardware:

How about a drawstring for the plunger?

60878226 (resized).jpg

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

I feel like pirates isn't great, but not bad enough to remake within 10 years. Franchise got milked, don't think many people care about it anymore.

Agree just wanted a better version regardless when first made.

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Agree just wanted a better version regardless when first made.

Been waiting for a decent Star Wars pin for more than 20 years. I doubt they'll do another Pirates game just 10 years after the first, especially when it's a much smaller franchise.

#25 4 years ago

Would much rather their Muppets / Henson machine is true.

Aside from personal preference, the license would likely allow far more creativity and be much less strict.

#26 4 years ago

In blindly on that if it happens...

#27 4 years ago

I'm all for great memories, but this thread would be no fun without this.

2 weeks later
    #28 3 years ago

Im surprised more people didnt post in this thread. Toystory would make an awesome pin!

#29 3 years ago

Almost any Disney theme would sell incredibly well. I'd buy a Toy Story in a heartbeat.

#30 3 years ago

Great ideas! Great theme! "pull string" ball launch = brilliant!! Definitely needs the claw machine.....

Modes:
    Andys Room
    Pizza Planet
    Big Al's Toy Barn
    Sunnyside Daycare

Wizzard mode - defeat Zurg, to infinity and beyond!

#31 3 years ago

I need to start saving now because if it's toy story I'm going to want it badly. So many great ideas that this table could have. I would also really like a new potc although I'll be more excited for you story.

#32 3 years ago

I wish Pat could design this game.

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinJump:

I wish Pat could design this game.

O ya a nice widebody with loys of shots/toys

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yipykya:

I think this would be the key to really selling a Toy Story game. The actors for characters used have to do custom voice work. On top of that, the creatives at pixar should be involved in the 'story' and the animations for the display.

But those things won't happen.

#35 3 years ago

Dream theme for me!

#36 3 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

I think this would be the key to really selling a Toy Story game. The actors for characters used have to do custom voice work. On top of that, the creatives at pixar should be involved in the 'story' and the animations for the display.
    But those things won't happen.

Tom Hanks Brother does all of the Voiceover work for Tom in Games, interactive storybooks, etc. There is probably a chance to get him.

#38 3 years ago

where did this rumor come from? just curious

#39 3 years ago

I have heard it from several places, but I believe it revolves around JJP getting a Disney License for both POTC and Toy Story. That does not mean either game will be produced but I am really hoping!

#40 3 years ago
    Quoted from Farhan:

Almost any Disney theme would sell incredibly well. I'd buy a Toy Story in a heartbeat.

You'd pay JJP's high prices in a heart beat for Toy Story without even seeing the layout?

#41 3 years ago

Yes, it would be refundable and JJP has proven with 3 other pins the quality of their work - in my opinion

#42 3 years ago

I love JJP's games but man their just to expensive for me.

#43 3 years ago

The prices are a bit out of hand but at least all three (or 7) of his models play the same. I think a $7500 JJP stacks up pretty nicely against a MMR or Stern LE.

#44 3 years ago

I have heard it from several places, but I believe it revolves around JJP getting a Disney License for both POTC and Toy Story. That does not mean either game will be produced but I am really hoping!

Keeping my fingers crossed! Anyone know when the next announcement will be?

#45 3 years ago

I'm hoping for toy story, but I've heard potc from a very reliable source. Potc would be really cool to though.

#46 3 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

I'm hoping for toy story, but I've heard potc from a very reliable source. Potc would be really cool to though.

I don't see JJP doing A POTC at all... I do see Stern releasing a VE POTC next year when the new film Dead Men Tell No Tales comes out. Let's not forget that Star wars is also a Disney License. However Stern has historically done the Disney themed pins, time will tell.

As for Toy Story Disney is in the process of developing Toy Story Land. They also just expanded Toy Story Midway Mania... Slinky Dog Rollercoaster !

TSL-Overview (resized).jpg

Alien-Swirling-Saucers (resized).jpeg

TSL203431 (resized).jpg

2 months later
    #47 3 years ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

I'll bet JJP went after this license to stop stern from releasing a vault edition. A bit of a dick move, but pretty crafty business. Jack has said he will not make a POTC game.

#48 3 years ago

I am sorry, but I hate the idea of this theme..........

#49 3 years ago

They moved Toy Story 4 the movie way back so I wouldn't worry about this idea for a while.

#50 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

I'll bet JJP went after this license to stop stern from releasing a vault edition.

Naw. JJP doesn't profit just because Stern can't make a POTC VE. Also Stern likely has ten titles lined up. Not making a POTC VE would probably not affect their release capacity at all. Lastly, licenses are expensive and usually both sides have demands (i.e. release a game).

Assuming JJP has a Disney license as I've heard, Toy Story seems likely given the upcoming rumored 4th film. I'll hope for Harry Potter but keep my expectations low.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Decals
    Hookedonpinball.com
    € 80.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    £ 37.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 399.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Bent Mods
    $ 79.00
    $ 3.50
    Various Other Swag
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 430.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 28.00
    Lighting - Led
    Arcade Upkeep
    $ 7,500.00
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 159.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pixels Arcade Games
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    COINTAKER.COM
    $ 159.00
    $ 7.00
    Lighting - Led
    TheDudeMods
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 189.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 95.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    M&M Mods
    $ 299.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 114.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 25.00
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside