(Topic ID: 209437)

Unlocking Bally -35 Boards

By Validpowerdetect

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Validpowerdetect.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

So, U9,U11 and U6 are all that are needed to get the flicker. CPU has gone to U6 and got the address for the self test program, and started to execute the program. If U2 is added, will it test the ROMs without any other socketed chips added, and give the first flash?

I have one that flickers, but after adding U2 the led just comes on and stays lit.

Good VMA, good Vuaphase2, good reset, good Halt.
    Known good U2,6

#3 6 years ago

U2/20 is high. U17/1&2 pulsing, pin3 high.

#4 6 years ago

So, U17 bad. It's always listed as a culprit in buss failures according to F.O 560-1.

#6 6 years ago

R/R U17, unlocked. Thanks, next time I'm in Columbus, beers on me.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Validpowerdetect.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unlocking-bally-35-boards?tu=Validpowerdetect and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.