(Topic ID: 11231)

unlicensed themes for pins.

By mrgone

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrgone.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 12 years ago

I know this topic has been brought up many times. However,it seems to me that pinball manufacturer x could save quite a bit on development of a game by not having to shell out big money for licencing rights and voice over work etc. everyone always says that the ops aren't buying unlicensed themes. that's because no one is making them.add to that most new pins are purchased by private collectors any way.if you look at the a list of 90's games. all but Adams family,twilight zone, are original themes. just my own thoughts on the subject.
    add to the list Indiana Jones and sttng of licenced titles.

#6 12 years ago

yes,that's true.de did have some original themes when they 1st started. my point is that some of the most sought after pins today are original themes. i.e., afm,cv,mm,ngg,cc,bbb,fh,hs2,wh2o. some of these titles did not sel that well when released but have become very sought after for their game play and theme. with pin prices on the rise it is my thought that the makers of pins might be able to save some money by not having to pay licensing fees and create some great original themes while passing the savings on to the customer=us.although i like many de games and have owned 2.very few of the de games are in the a list and none of the sega games have that status. not that i personally care. one of my all time favorite games is lw3 which many pin heads will tell you is a c list game. again,my point is,Someone grow a f_cking sac! build a kick ass original theme and wake the sleeping giant of pinball again!if you build it,people will play it.

#9 12 years ago

sorry if i sounded angry on that last post. im not. and i have great respect for gary stern for keeping pinball alive for the past 12 years.non pin heads are not playing pinball now. at our company christmas party we all went to a local watering hole after dinner. they had 1 pin wcs 94. my wife and i played it while i watched my co workers and many others pump well over 200 dollars into 2 of those punch the speed bag games. after we got done playing wcs no one touched it the rest of the night. 2 weeks ago,my wife and i had a date night.after dinner we were going to catch a movie. nothing looked good so we went to a local pool room. they have 2 pins there and i know the op who owns them so we went to play some pool. after 2 hours or so of pool we played the pins. the whole time we were there we were the only ones who touched the pins.the pins at the pool room are dr.who and road show.anyway,i know its a tired argument.i believe that since pinball is a now home market why not build to that market.

#10 12 years ago

seems like we all agree that we want an original theme pin but it most likely will not happen.

#14 12 years ago

i hear what everyone is saying and i have to agree. what got me thinking about the topic was the thread on king pin. i have not played it but would love to. i see ops buying old pins and sticking them on route because they cant make back their money on a new pin at 6-7 grand. like everyone else here i just want to see pinball thrive and survive. i also follow the mantra of no guts no glory.i would love to see someone take a chance and put out a kick ass pin that everyone would have to play.

#15 12 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

toyotaboy said:

hollywood is turning every generation X tv show from when they were kids into movies
    Too true...
    We also have the Japanese Animation typhoon coming as well. (Dragon Ball aside... )
    Robotech, ThunderCats, Voltron, Akira, Cowboy Bebop, Battle Angel, are all making their way through the Hollywood "live-action" sewers, to try yet again to ruin the animated legacy of these cherished Gen-X shows.
    I have hated every movie Hollywood has dumped out, trying to "cater" to the Gen-X crowd. (Iron Man and Batman aside, of course.) If you are going for nostalgia, keep it true to the series! That goes for pinball licenses too!!!
    If you can do that Hollywood, I would be STOKED to give you all the $$$ from the pocket of my pegged Z Cavaricci pants!

i concur.i rarely go to the movies any more.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrgone.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unlicensed-themes-for-pins?tu=mrgone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.