(Topic ID: 11231)

unlicensed themes for pins.

By mrgone

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mattelder.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 12 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

if you look at the a list of 90's games. all but Adams family,Twilight Zone, are original themes

Quoted from mrgone:

add to the list Indiana Jones and sttng of licenced titles

What list were you looking at? I think you missed just a few. In the 90's there were way more licensed than unlicensed pins....even from B/W.

Besides the 4 you listed, just from B/W there were also; BSD, CFTBL, The Shadow, Flintsones, Corvette, JD, DM, Congo, Popeye, T2, JM, MB, SS, DW, DH, EATPM, I500, HD, GI, BBBB, NBAFB.

Gottlieb and DE/Sega had a ton of them too. Why? Because name/image recognition helps sales! If Stern had put out a generic pirate game instead of POTC, do you really think they would have sold around 6000 of them? People gravitate towards popular things...movie themes, etc. Gary has said before that it's somewhere around $50 per pin for the license. That seems pretty cheap for good advertisement, IMHO.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see an unlicensed pin again, but that's not going to turn things around for pinball (and I have no idea what could).

#12 12 years ago

Sorry, I just noticed the "a" in your list. So....you were just talking about A-listers, but still, some of the others I added are in that group too (MB, SS, CFTBL). At any rate, my whole point was that licensed pins seem to be selling, so it's unlikely that we'll see anything but them from now on. Maybe we'll luck out on JJP's number 2 pin??

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mattelder.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unlicensed-themes-for-pins?tu=mattelder and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.