(Topic ID: 74653)

Unlicensed Theme after The Hobbit

By 320Gigabytes

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

JJP3.jpg
    nursing_homes2.jpg
    dionne-psychic-game.png
    There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 10 years ago

What is the future plan for jjp? How often does jjp bring out a new pin when everything is set up and running like they would like?

1 every year?

#52 10 years ago

Cat's Vs. Dogs.. Will sell a ton.. you can pick cat or dog.. like in transformers.. will gear towards owners of both.. Hairball multiball.. and Duck Retriever video mode

#53 10 years ago

Question: roughly around End of Nov 2012 JJP announced The Hobbit Preorder and before that it was jan 2011 for WOZ, so when should JJP announce the 3rd title officially? Seems like it should be pretty soon, but has anything been speculated as far as announcements?

#54 10 years ago

I'm guessing we will hear the new pin announcement soon . I know when it gets announced that people are going to flip a shit ! There are some people here who have nailed what is in the works. I would love to give more details but I don't want to be that guy , but I can't wait for JJP to announce what's coming . The info that I have came from Jack himself so , no speculation or talking from my ass on this one ...

#55 10 years ago

We do not need another one of those guys...

Either spill what you know or don't talk about it at all.
    If JJP announces #3 before they even deliver all of the preorders for #1 they would be really stupid IMHO.

#56 10 years ago

Love speculation threads!

#57 10 years ago
    Quoted from Phatchit:

I'm guessing we will hear the new pin announcement soon . I know when it gets announced that people are going to flip a shit ! There are some people here who have nailed what is in the works. I would love to give more details but I don't want to be that guy , but I can't wait for JJP to announce what's coming . The info that I have came from Jack himself so , no speculation or talking from my ass on this one ...

I personally would like to see the Haunted House Too game be announced after all the WOZ LE pre-orders are delivered and no sooner than that.

#58 10 years ago
    Quoted from lllvjr:

Love speculation threads!

Aren't they great . I'm cackling here evilly watching the droves of speculators. Some are warm some are ice cold.

Centerflank was close though. The theme is Miss Cleo not the psychic friends network lol.

#59 10 years ago

One fact to think about, most pins used to be un-licensed and most are not themes that would be inspiring enough to be a purchase in modern times. The exceptions are games like WH20, Haunted House, MM, AFM, and TOM which are rare when you consider all the boring un-licensed themes that have been made between the early 2000's and 1970.

#61 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

Aren't they great . I'm cackling here evilly watching the droves of speculators. Some are warm some are ice cold.
    Centerflank was close though. The theme is Miss Cleo not the psychic friends network lol.

Some day when Jack writes his book I hope I get a dedicated chapter in it lol

#62 10 years ago
    Quoted from lllvjr:

Some day when Jack writes his book I hope I get a dedicated chapter in it

Chapter 3. The life and times of an Audio Engineer and a Lover.

LTG : )

#63 10 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

LTG will probably chime in, but he was saying its only $50 or so per machine to license.

Some of them might be more. But it is the cheapest and most affordable way to advertise and draw non pinball people into our world.

#64 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I am hoping LTG is all about misdirection on this one

Well excuse me for not wanting to create mass hysteria right before the holidays. And witness many Pinsiders returning Christmas gifts they bought for their families to have a deposit handy.

And sit vigil by their phones and computers so they get their order in, in the first half hour so they don't miss out. And miss Christmas with their loved ones.

You really want me to be responsible for that ?

No thanks. Please Have a Merry Christmas and enjoy the company of your loved ones.

Disclaimer : I seldom know. And would rather not know. Two years ago at Expo Jack wanted Drew to talk to me about two licenses. And then JJP was planning an unlicensed game too. The Hobbit changed all that. The Hobbit going months later to keep pace with the third movie changed things. So even if I know something, it can change. And I'd rather not know. Because if it leaks, it didn't come from me.

Disclaimer Part Two : : When anyone gets a chance to visit the factory. Look at the desks in the offices. It was on almost every one.

#65 10 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Disclaimer Part Two : : When anyone gets a chance to visit the factory. Look at the desks in the offices. It was on almost every one.

Sweet, a game about office stationary!

#66 10 years ago

Soooooo, it is Haunted House then, that would be great!

Merry Xmas guys!

#67 10 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Well excuse me for not wanting to create mass hysteria right before the holidays. And witness many Pinsiders returning Christmas gifts they bought for their families to have a deposit handy.
    And sit vigil by their phones and computers so they get their order in, in the first half hour so they don't miss out. And miss Christmas with their loved ones.
    You really want me to be responsible for that ?
    No thanks. Please Have a Merry Christmas and enjoy the company of your loved ones.
    Disclaimer : I seldom know. And would rather not know. Two years ago at Expo Jack wanted Drew to talk to me about two licenses. And then JJP was planning an unlicensed game too. The Hobbit changed all that. The Hobbit going months later to keep pace with the third movie changed things. So even if I know something, it can change. And I'd rather not know. Because if it leaks, it didn't come from me.

Good thing I didn't pm to talk to u about it what's going on

#68 10 years ago
    Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I am not one for leaking confidential information, but I snapped a photo of the prototype revision 1 backglass. You guys are going to love this theme!!!

nursing_homes2.jpg 26 KB

I thought we already had that? Wasn't it called Wheel of fortune?

For me, I don't give a shit what the theme is if he's planning on charging another $7500 for said game. I'm not buying one regardless. Even if I would think it would be the greatest theme, layout and gameplay, I refuse to pay $7500 for any game. No one game is worth it regardless.

#69 10 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Lmfao!

#70 10 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

You arn't a Audio Engineer....are you?

#71 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I thought we already had that? Wasn't it called Wheel of fortune?
    For me, I don't give a shit what the theme is if he's planning on charging another $7500 for said game. I'm not buying one regardless. Even if I would think it would be the greatest theme, layout and gameplay, I refuse to pay $7500 for any game. No one game is worth it regardless.

We know we know. 5k is your limit. Everyone in the pinball world knows.

#72 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Who buys WH2O because of the theme?

Who doesn't?

The theme is a huge part of what makes Wh20 as great as it is in my opinion.

Ya weiner.

#73 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

We know we know. 5k is your limit. Everyone in the pinball world knows.

Actually it's 6k or I wouldn't own AC/DC. And 6k should be able to buy you any new game that comes out and will again. I can wait it out.

Btw, that briefcase of money was for hobbit. Until Jack announced a $1000 preorder increase over WOZ. I had the case open on the table for Jack. He got greedy. I closed the case. Closed both snaps, and slide the case off the table and walked out the door over to Stern.

#74 10 years ago
    Quoted from lllvjr:

Good thing I didn't pm to talk to u about it what's going on

That is tech support. Last to know, first to go.

#75 10 years ago

I received this sneak peak for JJP#3 and was told this is a big hint.JJP3.jpgJJP3.jpg

#76 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Actually it's 6k or I wouldn't own AC/DC. And 6k should be able to buy you any new game that comes out and will again. I can wait it out.

I was just getting ready to correct Alex, 6k limit for Neo!

I paid $5250 for my Lotr Le 2 1/2 yrs ago, my first pin, thought I had lost my mind (still do).

Gotta believe there is a lot of chicken on the bone at these prices!

#77 10 years ago

I paid $3400 for my LOTR NIB delivered to my door from Stern. 2007.

#78 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

You arn't a Audio Engineer....are you?

I met a guy that designed computer testing boards for a private company. Those boards among other things the government used for test launching scud missiles. He read a manual and created a digital stereo amplifier/crossover from scratch cause he could.
    But I did stay at a holiday inn last night!

#79 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

O god here we go... In 1970 someone paid $3k for a ls6 chevy ss chevelle too...
    In 1999 I paid $1.04 for gas. When president Bush jr was in office... Same time as Lotr debute gas was $2 a gallon... Get over it already

#80 10 years ago

yes, but 2007 wasn't that long ago. Was it enough to warrant a 230% price increase? I think not.

#81 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yes, but 2007 wasn't that long ago. Was it enough to warrant a 230% price increase? I think not.

Jack started a company because the product he was selling was watered down. If your worried about the two companies out there over charging do the same thing he did and charge less. There's a huge market for less expensive ill give you that. The challenge will be for you to ride that line of running a pinball building company selling games for less and not folding!

#82 10 years ago

$1000 increase from Game 1 to game 2, and wanting your money 2 years ahead of time. No thanks. When you start a company, you expect the company to pay for itself after about game 4. don't try and pay for the entire company with the first or 2nd game. You lose a lot of customers that way and will fail. The company is to new and fragile at this point to start burning bridges already.

#83 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

$1000 increase from Game 1 to game 2, and wanting your money 2 years ahead of time. No thanks. When you start a company, you expect the company to pay for itself after about game 4. don't try and pay for the entire company with the first or 2nd game. You lose a lot of customers that way and will fail. The company is to new and fragile at this point to start burning bridges already.

Like I said go build them for less. Ill buy one

#84 10 years ago

Ok enough arguing. Merry Christmas neo

#85 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinballaddict78:

Pat Lawler is designing this game. I got this from a pretty good source...

Ohh yeah, I heard that too

#86 10 years ago

Well I suppose "I overheard Jack on the phone talking about Angry Birds" is complete BS now. Personally I would absolutely love an original theme from JJP! White Water 2.0? Hmm?

#87 10 years ago

TOM re-do.
    Illusion / magic theme with some new cutting edge toys would be way cool. Lots of potential for wow factor & eye candy.

#88 10 years ago

And Pinball Circus was the rumor for a while, too.

#89 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinlawyer:

And Pinball Circus was the rumor for a while, too.

Not from JJP though. But a couple years back at PPE, Python talked it up and Jack mentioned in passing about maybe being contracted to build it. Which has all gone by the wayside. Recordings are on Pinball News.

#90 10 years ago

Pat Lawlor doing a haunted house theme would be killer!

#91 10 years ago

Wow now we are looking forward to a pin that is after a pin that is after a pin in which production hasn't even been finished. Okay then.

#92 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinlawyer:

Pat Lawlor doing a haunted house theme would be killer!

With animations on the LCD like this: http://atmosfearfx.com/decorations/unliving-portraits

I would be in for a buy.

#93 10 years ago

So they have a year left to build the Hobbit. I wonder how far along they are? Playfield artwork finished? Flipping whitewood? Maybe even started the game-specific code?

How far along are they with number 3? Maybe further than expected seeing as it was going to be pin number 2 a while ago, have we been given any clues as two what stage of development it is at?

#94 10 years ago

They have less than a year to be able to be shipping Hobbit pins to align with the release of the 3rd movie.

#95 10 years ago

Haunted House with Ladygaga and Miley Cyrus

#96 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Btw, that briefcase of money was for hobbit. Until Jack announced a $1000 preorder increase over WOZ. I had the case open on the table for Jack. He got greedy. I closed the case. Closed both snaps, and slide the case off the table and walked out the door over to Stern.

I don't understand you walked over to sterns to pay the same money for an inferior product?

#97 10 years ago

Sure sounds like it.

#98 10 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

I don't understand you walked over to sterns to pay the same money for an inferior product?

AC/DCprem=6K HobbitLE=7.5K

How is that same money?

AC/DC inferior?

#99 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Even if I would think it would be the greatest theme, layout and gameplay, I refuse to pay $7500 for any game. No one game is worth it regardless.

Never say never...
    Your telling me you would pass on a Kingpin NIB for 8k?

#100 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Never say never...
    Your telling me you would pass on a Kingpin NIB for 8k?

I would! Unless you just mean to flip it or something, in which case that's hardly about playing pinball, that's just being a commodities broker. But $8k for that game assuming I couldn't just sell it instantly? Hell no.

There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unlicensed-theme-after-the-hobbit/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.