Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by I_P_D_B
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-21.jpg
    SF unkknown.JPG
    Airborne Avengers (Atari) 020010-03.JPG
    plastics.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider I_P_D_B.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 9 years ago

Some questions for you, please, that might narrow a search. Some questions may seem unnecessary.

1) In what country do you live and/or in what country was the seller?
    2) What year did you obtain these items?
    3) Did the seller indicate how long they had these items? How long?
    4) Did the seller indicate if the source game was EM or SS?
    5) Did you obtain them already detached from a playfield?
    6) How would you know if you have the complete set or not?
    7) Can you list the serial numbers on them?
    8) Any other details that you can recall surrounding your acquisition of these plastics?

A few people shown on these plastics resonate with me as I try to place them. If somehow you are convinced that you have a complete set then I would look for a playfield design that required no triangular slingshot plastics (although there still may be slingshots). The plastic at the bottom of your image looks like it is for four standup targets. The three small triangular plastics look a lot like what is often used on those games that have two parallel lanes of rollovers on the right side. Look how well they compare to the ones used on Maresa's '300' game:

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=4633&picno=37159

I keep private lists of various game features, adding to them as I go, but your plastics do not fit with my list of games with parallel lanes of serial rollovers on right side of playfield:

GTB Lawman Oct 1971 2P
    GTB Sheriff Oct 1971 4P
    GTB Texas Ranger Jan 1972 1P Italy version of Lawman
    Maresa Dakota 1972 1P Spanish export of Lawman
    GTB Atlantis Jan 1975 1P
    GTB 300 Aug 1975 4P
    GTB Top Score Oct 1975 2P
    Maresa 300 1P
    GTB Centigrade 37 Aug 1977 1P
    MND Take A Card 1979 1P

Collector Sam Harvey is always writing down plastics serial numbers at the shows. Maybe it's time I call him and put him to the test!

Jay

#11 9 years ago

I see copied artwork on the European games, some by artist Martinelli but I searched our list of his games and came up blank.

So, we know it followed 1977's Vulcan and Cleopatra.

#18 9 years ago

Does jeffc win the prize for sleuthing?! What's the prize? An Airborne Avengers plastic?

So it's from a French company, and the seller was in France. I was too slow to check the French manufacturers! I mean, that was why I had asked!

Sam Harvey did not recognize the serial numbers, btw.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider I_P_D_B.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unknown-plastics-1?tu=I_P_D_B and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.