10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by mg81
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

This listing does appear to have a game and manufacturer that's not in IPDB:

kansascity.craigslist.org link

(I sent a note to Jay.)

#2 10 years ago

I dont know it either, but Id say the manufacture date was around 1932 +/- 3 years to be safe.
    While they may be rare, there is a very narrow group of collectors for this. Its value, without concern for "rarity"
    is $400-$1200. Rarity value he has placed is fishing.

#3 10 years ago

Sounds about right. There are a lot of games of this era that aren't in IPDB because there simply isn't much of a record of those games. There were a lot of small places that popped up, made a couple hundred machines, and then disappeared.

The market for these is no where near that $3500 though - I have a well known, beautiful 1939 Fleet Jr, and I think I paid $200 for it. I heard that was a good deal and I could probably sell it for $500, but the unfortunate fact is the people that have nostalgia for this era of pin are minimally 85 years old, so the demand simply isn't there.

#4 10 years ago

Hi - Boy
    Sterling Specialty Company 5038-44 E 9th Street Kansas City Missouri

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

The market for these is no where near that $3500 though - I have a well known, beautiful 1939 Fleet Jr, and I think I paid $200 for it. I heard that was a good deal and I could probably sell it for $500, but the unfortunate fact is the people that have nostalgia for this era of pin are minimally 85 years old, so the demand simply isn't there.

I'd love a 1930s pin. Trade for a decent working Royal Guard?

#6 10 years ago

No, sorry. I love it too, so it's not going anywhere. It needs to be fixed, but once that happens I'm hoping to make it a regular at the MGC.

#7 10 years ago

I think oldpinguy is right on with his pricing. It being on a stand will help with value, I am used to most of these being counter top models. I had a Gottlieb "Play-boy" for a while that was very similar to this, fun to look at, boring after about 10 minutes of playing.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unknown-30s-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.