Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by Wmsfan
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 11 months ago

I went to U of I and am trying to remember where all of the games were when I was there 90-94. I remember playing at the Union arcade, University Inn, Kam's and Joe's - Twilight Zone, Addams Family and Star Trek were brand new then. I finally now own a TZ. I wonder where that TZ is now that I used to play there. I figure someone on this forum had to have been there at about the same time.

Ill-

#2 11 months ago
Quoted from AD72:

I went to U of I and am trying to remember where all of the games were when I was there 90-94. I remember playing at the Union arcade, University Inn, Kam's and Joe's - Twilight Zone, Addams Family and Star Trek were brand new then. I finally now own a TZ. I wonder where that TZ is now that I used to play there. I figure someone on this forum had to have been there at about the same time.
Ill-

I was at U of I ten years earlier than you. The Union was the place to play at that time. I remember Black Knight being THE game to play when it came out, but for the most part, pinball was being upstaged at the time by video games and they were in all the bars.

#3 11 months ago

I grew up in Urbana during the 70s-80s and the Illini Union was awesome. Pins in the bowling alley area and in the pool hall area. I think they also littered the hallways between the two. Alien Poker, Black Knight, Playboy, and many more. Video games were everywhere too. I spent many days in that basement area as a kid, having ridden the bus to get there. There was also a Space Port close by on Green Street and an Aladdin's Castle. A small arcade called Galaxy Gameroom was in a small building near Lincoln Square and I spent most of my paper route money there. It was a great time for pinball.

#4 11 months ago
Quoted from AD72:

Ill-

I lived in Normal, but played out there in a pinleague with Josh Sharp in the late 90's. All of your above mentioned locations are correct. I was down there about 2 years ago, and at the time, almost no pinball machines at all. Certainly not the large quantity like was at the Union.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 49.95
Playfield - Plastics
MicksPinball
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Massapequa, NY
$ 66.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 25.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Maryville, TN
$ 10.95
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
$ 109.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creo Pinball
$ 14.95
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Trade
Sale Pending!
Columbia, MD
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Great American Pinball
$ 100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside