(Topic ID: 246391)

University of Illinois

By AD72

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I went to U of I and am trying to remember where all of the games were when I was there 90-94. I remember playing at the Union arcade, University Inn, Kam's and Joe's - Twilight Zone, Addams Family and Star Trek were brand new then. I finally now own a TZ. I wonder where that TZ is now that I used to play there. I figure someone on this forum had to have been there at about the same time.

Ill-

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from AD72:

I went to U of I and am trying to remember where all of the games were when I was there 90-94. I remember playing at the Union arcade, University Inn, Kam's and Joe's - Twilight Zone, Addams Family and Star Trek were brand new then. I finally now own a TZ. I wonder where that TZ is now that I used to play there. I figure someone on this forum had to have been there at about the same time.
Ill-

I was at U of I ten years earlier than you. The Union was the place to play at that time. I remember Black Knight being THE game to play when it came out, but for the most part, pinball was being upstaged at the time by video games and they were in all the bars.

#3 4 years ago

I grew up in Urbana during the 70s-80s and the Illini Union was awesome. Pins in the bowling alley area and in the pool hall area. I think they also littered the hallways between the two. Alien Poker, Black Knight, Playboy, and many more. Video games were everywhere too. I spent many days in that basement area as a kid, having ridden the bus to get there. There was also a Space Port close by on Green Street and an Aladdin's Castle. A small arcade called Galaxy Gameroom was in a small building near Lincoln Square and I spent most of my paper route money there. It was a great time for pinball.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from AD72:

Ill-

I lived in Normal, but played out there in a pinleague with Josh Sharp in the late 90's. All of your above mentioned locations are correct. I was down there about 2 years ago, and at the time, almost no pinball machines at all. Certainly not the large quantity like was at the Union.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 132.00
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 64.99
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/university-of-illinois and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.