(Topic ID: 292795)

Universal Studios Florida - Recommendations

By 67cutlass

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SkyKing2301.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 2 years ago

The Harry Potter areas get absolutely packed, so you may want to hit them early on or later in the evening. The ambiance of Diagon Alley (Universal side, whereas Hogsmeade is on the Islands of Adventure side) is gorgeous when it gets dark, so if you can stay late enough, visit that section at night.

The Hogwarts Express that goes between the parks (presuming you have 2-park passes) is nice, but the line can get VERY long for this. Even though it can be a long walk, you can sometimes just exit the one park and walk all the way over to the other park, faster than it would take to wait for the Hogwarts Express.

I love these parks dearly (spent many a day there with my kids back when we had annual passes for a few years, ~2015-2017 or so), as they have great little kids areas too); now that things are close to returning to normal I'm looking forward to grabbing passes for the family again!

They've been making a lot of updates to the Jurassic Park area in Islands of Adventure and I believe their new roller coaster is opening in early June.

rwmech5 mentioned Mythos, that's on the Islands of Adventure side and it is indeed very good. In Islands, we also enjoy eating at Confisco Grille, very good food there too. (We typically spend more time on the Islands side.)

One more tip: naturally, you'll want to try an (overpriced) butterbeer in the Harry Potter areas, they're delicious. If you're in Hogsmeade and the lines at the butterbeer carts are too long, you can slip into the Hog's Head pub and order them at the bar too, this is sometimes shorter than waiting at the cart. You can get them frozen (like a slushy -- great for summertime), regular (standard soda consistency), or if it's cold out you can get them made hot like a hot cocoa.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SkyKing2301.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/universal-studios-florida-recommendations?tu=SkyKing2301 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.