Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by TimL
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2010DDB9-5CE3-4669-875F-F4AD2476E86C (resized).jpeg
    #1 5 years ago

Have 50's shuffle alley issue
    The game was working perfectly until late and now have a problem with the #1 pin play-field switch (the front two, neither one works) it is not registering when the puck goes over the switch. But the #1 pin switch will activate once the 2-8 switch puts up the 2 and 8 pins. So if i press the #1 pin switch it is dead and nothing happens. when i press the 2-8 switch the 2 and 8 go up as they should. Only after the 2-8 go up then the #1 switch will send up the #1 pin but also sends up the #4 pin as well. the #4 pin should not be going up with the #1 pin. Seeing where to start looking? I cleaned all the switch contacts in the relay bank and after a few hours of trying with no luck figured worth asking here for help. Thanks in advance

3 weeks later
    #2 5 years ago

Not sure if this will help you any but here is the pin trip set up from a 1953 united Clover. I also have the manual from my ‘53 Chief Shuffle alley and could send you pics from the manual that cover the trip relays and what each switch activated.

2010DDB9-5CE3-4669-875F-F4AD2476E86C (resized).jpeg2010DDB9-5CE3-4669-875F-F4AD2476E86C (resized).jpeg
    #3 5 years ago

I just noticed this thread. What's the title of your bowler?
    You might want to recheck the contacts in the #1 Pin in the
    Bank relay. When not in the energized position, there's a set
    of contacts in that relay that should be closed in order to complete
    the circuit to its own relay..
    There's other contacts also in that circuitry, but if the problem were
    there, the other relays also wouldn't be energizing..

#4 5 years ago

This may be off the mark, but I recently found a bowler where the actuator arm on a relay was broken. Look closely at the pin 1 relay and see if the reset arm is broken off. Don't go down the rabbit hole assuming this is an electrical problem. (Like I did!)

Also, I've got to thank Mopar again for his help troubleshooting my issue. Keep us informed.

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from TimL:

Only after the 2-8 go up then the #1 switch will send up the #1 pin but also sends up the #4 pin as well.

Because of this statement, I took it as being more of an electrical problem. Combination of pins being up will create
    other rollovers to energize other relays, but the 2 #1 rollovers switches should energize the #1 Relay any given time..
    I wouldn't mind knowing what machine he has, but perhaps he had already found the issue..

#6 5 years ago

I had a similar issue with my united shuffle bowler. Turned out to be a broken wire (solder joint) on one of the switches on top of the pins. Circuit may be open because the switch is showing the pin already up. Just a thought. Mike

#7 5 years ago

game is united super shuffle alley 6 player -1952'

The game is now an hour an a half away and heading down there tonight to hopefully get it back up an running correctly.

I also do believe it is an electrical / contact problem. Going to start focus on the reset bank #1 switches and then the 2-8 & #4 switches. to determine why the 2 #1 rollover switches are not starting off energized. and why when I manually push #1 replay it does send up the #1 pin but also sends up #4 pin (should be a contact on the #4 pin reset bank or the 4-7-8) i hope.

#8 5 years ago

I'm pretty sure that the #5 Relay energizes with the #1, but I'm not so sure why the #4
    energize's with it, although the #4 is tide in with other relay switches..
    It may also pay off to check the contacts in the 1st Shot Relay..

#9 5 years ago

Will do - thanks again for the assistance & direction Mopar-- Just a 3 hour round trip so wanted to have a decent plan going into tonight.

#10 5 years ago

Sure thing. No problem.. There's a set of contacts in the 1st Shot Relay that need to be made,
    and once the first puck is shot, a set in the 2nd Shot Relay takes over. The thing is, if that set in
    the 1st Shot Relay isn't made, none of the Bank relay pins would energize, but still wouldn't hurt
    to give it a check. It sounds like you may be working with no schematics..
    If you're able, keep us posted while you're over there on how you're making out..

#11 5 years ago

Cleaned every switch in reset bank- no luck .. and switches off score motor are open/closed as should be... hmmm

#12 5 years ago

There's a set of contacts both in the Game Over and 1st Shot relay in that circuitry, but if
    they were the problem, the other pin relays in the bank wouldn't energize. Do you have
    eligator jumpers? Maybe try jumping from the rollover to the #1 Relay lug that doesn't have
    the common wire which is probably yellow..
    You can also jump from a main yellow wire (or what ever the common wire is), to the same
    color wire that's on one of the #1 Relay's lug. This would over ride the contacts that should be
    closed in the #1 Relay, and then check the #1 Relay front rollovers..

#13 5 years ago

Had to call it a night tonight got to get back home for work at 6 AM tomorrow. Will have to make another trip down there next week or the week after.

#14 5 years ago

Anyone live near south western Ohio wants to make a couple bucks ?

3 weeks later
    #15 5 years ago

have fixed the issue - was a closed switch on the #1 relay that looked closed but was not making good contact.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/united-shuffle-alley-pin-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.