You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FC2608E1-B9C6-4271-B5FC-85354C04C68E (resized).jpeg
DFE455FF-D428-4C52-B2F8-A9ED3600C056 (resized).jpeg
4E7A5355-6C72-42F6-9CD6-974CA52BD5D3 (resized).jpeg
#1 3 years ago

I’m seeking input from the woodrail gurus.

About a year ago I picked up a 1950 United Red Shoes. The game had been in the same family for the last 50+ years and was in dry storage for the last 20+. I was told the game worked when it was put away and I don’t have any reason to to doubt this. It needs work from sitting (new power cord, etc), but the game is complete (minus playfield glass) and I believe worth fixing or restoring. Does anyone have knowledge of this game?

I’m debating selling it because it’s been sitting in my basement for a year and I’m looking for a woodrail i can play now. I know rarity doesn’t always translate to value, but as far as I can find, I have the only example of the game and Red Shoes was United’s last pinball. Any thoughts on what a game like this is worth or a ball park guess how much it would cost to restore?

#2 3 years ago

IPDB info makes it sound like it could be a fun machine: “exciting playfield action,” “terrific suspense—eight great ways to score replays,” four kickout holes, no gobble holes, and those funny looking flippers with “fast double flipper action” (wonder if they are impulse flippers though).

Depending on the type of restoration you have in mind, the price of restoration could be cheap if you’re doing it yourself and are just trying to get it to play right and look relatively nice (e.g., cost of a new cord, new glass, rubber ring kit, misc cleaning supplies, etc.). It usually takes me about 40 hrs and less than $100 to get a machine of this era clean and up and running again (and then maybe some additional time to troubleshoot issues), but I enjoy the process. If you’re not up for doing the restore yourself and decide to sell, I assume others in your area might be willing to take up the challenge, but I have no idea about what’s a fair price.

Good luck! Any pictures?

#3 3 years ago

Thanks for the info tfduda. I am very curious about the game play and keep going back and forth about what to do with the game. Especially with it being so rare I want it to survive. I cleaned it up a bit and it looks pretty good for its age. The playfield needs a little bit of attention and as for the flippers, I’ve read that other United games don’t use impulse flippers so I would suspect it’s the same here.

4E7A5355-6C72-42F6-9CD6-974CA52BD5D3 (resized).jpeg4E7A5355-6C72-42F6-9CD6-974CA52BD5D3 (resized).jpeg
#4 3 years ago

I found a couple of before and after cleaning photos.

DFE455FF-D428-4C52-B2F8-A9ED3600C056 (resized).jpegDFE455FF-D428-4C52-B2F8-A9ED3600C056 (resized).jpegFC2608E1-B9C6-4271-B5FC-85354C04C68E (resized).jpegFC2608E1-B9C6-4271-B5FC-85354C04C68E (resized).jpeg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/united-red-shoes-woodrail?hl=gallatinfly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.