Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by mrm_4
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Monterrey score motor switch 2 (resized).jpg
    Monterrey score motor switch 1 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20230918_093908_Drive (resized).jpg
    IMG_8438 (resized).jpeg
    mex-pin (resized).jpg
    coin-slide-coil (resized).jpg
    cap-tape (resized).jpg
    e (resized).jpg
    playfield-mex-cons-lib (resized).jpg
    d (resized).jpg
    c (resized).jpg
    b (resized).jpg
    a (resized).jpg
    20220214_174326 (resized).jpg
    20220214_174316 (resized).jpg
    20220214_174334 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrm_4.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 3 years ago

I’m in! I love my United Rio, I’d like to get more of the line up from 1947.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1947-flipperless-united-rio-clean-up

2 years later
    #23 7 months ago

Trying to bring this one back from the dead but need some diamond bumpers. Anyone have spares?
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-red-diamond-bumpers-and-caps

IMG_8438 (resized).jpegIMG_8438 (resized).jpeg
    #24 7 months ago

Any United owners know where to get owners manuals? Did they even exist?

#26 7 months ago

Hey TinkerV2 could you post the score motor switch we discussed in this thread?

#28 7 months ago
    Quoted from TinkerV2:

Hello mrm_4 ,
    I hope these pictures help with your problem. On my research for United Pinball schematics, I only found one for sale at Pinball Resource. When talking to Steve at PBR he said they don't exist though he had one. i don't remember what machine it was for. Probably Oklahoma since that was the only one I could find on the web in pdf format. He might have those diamond bumpers you're looking for. There's a member here steve fury that claims he created a schematic and has it for sale. I find him unreliable when trying to purchase it. I created a net list of the back box wiring, but not a schematic. It helped me troubleshoot the BB and test the steppers and lights, etc... I have that working. I'm going to tackle the PF this winter. I hope I don't need to wire list the whole PF. I'll probably try using the Oklahoma schematic if necessary.
    Jack
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Yes this is exactly what I needed. Thanks!!!

2 weeks later
    #29 6 months ago

Hey United pin owners, Im having a tough time with this Monterrey.

This game is almost done except one last piece that’s giving me heck. When I start a game the start up sequence does the following:
    -Pulls the ball trough coil up and holds it
    -Pulses the game counter
    -Pulses the credit wheel down one credit
    -Pulls the small coil that clears the big “millions stepper” in the back
    -pulls the coils to clear the 2 bonus steppers under the playfield

BUT WILL NOT ENGAGE THE SCORE MOTOR

so all the coils just hold on and buzz like crazy until I manually engage the score motor relay and then the game resets. Then plays perfectly. Score motor pulses when switches score and etc.
    I have gone through every switch on the score motor and under the playfield 10 times, all clean and gapped perfectly.

But for the life of me I cannot trace what switch on the start up relay fires the score motor.

Anyone with a wisconsin or even a monterrey have a suggestion?

#30 6 months ago

I just went through the entire wire harness by hand and followed every single wire that comes off of the score motor relay and score motor switches and verified that there are no breaks and that every wire is attached to a switch and every switch contact is clean and gapped appropriately and I still can’t get this piece of shit to start. Wtf man

Quoted from mrm_4:

Hey United pin owners, Im having a tough time with this Monterrey.
    This game is almost done except one last piece that’s giving me heck. When I start a game the start up sequence does the following:
    -Pulls the ball trough coil up and holds it
    -Pulses the game counter
    -Pulses the credit wheel down one credit
    -Pulls the small coil that clears the big “millions stepper” in the back
    -pulls the coils to clear the 2 bonus steppers under the playfield
    BUT WILL NOT ENGAGE THE SCORE MOTOR
    so all the coils just hold on and buzz like crazy until I manually engage the score motor relay and then the game resets. Then plays perfectly. Score motor pulses when switches score and etc.
    I have gone through every switch on the score motor and under the playfield 10 times, all clean and gapped perfectly.
    But for the life of me I cannot trace what switch on the start up relay fires the score motor.
    Anyone with a wisconsin or even a monterrey have a suggestion?

#31 6 months ago

Gotta bump the club again. Hoping someone will get nerdy and talk United Pin start up sequences with me

3 weeks later
    #33 5 months ago
    Quoted from SpyroFTW:

I had this same problem and spent more than a year trying to figure it out. I never found the exact problem, but after dicking with it for more than a year, it is now working. I have a schematic for Paradise that I can send to you if you want. Looks the same. I will try to remember some of the things I did to stop the coils from locking on.

Thanks for replying! So an update on that, I tracked it down to the contact pads not lining up properly after a rebuild. Game plays solid now!
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1948-united-monterrey-triage-thread-#post-7800534

#35 5 months ago
    Quoted from SpyroFTW:

Wow. I would have never found that issue. Good for you! Glad you got yours working. I still need to make wood rails and lockdown bar for mine. Would love to check yours out and your tmnt as well. My girlfriend’s parents live in Kent and we will be visiting for thanksgiving. Hope you find a tilt bob. I dont think I have an extra one

Send me a PM when you’re in Kent!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrm_4.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/united-owners-club-?tu=mrm_4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.