Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by mrm_4
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Monterrey score motor switch 2 (resized).jpg
    Monterrey score motor switch 1 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20230918_093908_Drive (resized).jpg
    IMG_8438 (resized).jpeg
    mex-pin (resized).jpg
    coin-slide-coil (resized).jpg
    cap-tape (resized).jpg
    e (resized).jpg
    playfield-mex-cons-lib (resized).jpg
    d (resized).jpg
    c (resized).jpg
    b (resized).jpg
    a (resized).jpg
    20220214_174326 (resized).jpg
    20220214_174316 (resized).jpg
    20220214_174334 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SpyroFTW.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 2 years ago

I have a 1948 United Paradise that I am working on. Cant get the thing to start though. Small club but I think United had some really nice looking games.

9751E605-862F-4B09-874E-1993A6DEE877 (resized).jpeg9751E605-862F-4B09-874E-1993A6DEE877 (resized).jpeg
    #6 2 years ago
    Quoted from BallyCrazy:

Nice game! Welcome to that quite small club
    I can see on IPDB that the Paradise has one additional stepper compare to my Aquacade. The one underneath the playfield… What is it for ?

The stepper under the playfield is the bonus unit. There is also the score motor. Despite some fade on the playfield and having to replace the bumpers, its in pretty good condition. I just need to get it started.

#11 2 years ago

BallyCrazy That would be great! I do not understand the startup sequence and that is where my problems are.

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from BallyCrazy:

Here is the start up sequence I've observed on my Aqua Cade:
    Line cord unplug from line voltage and trip relay bank armed manually prior to start.
    1 Line cord is plunged to line voltage (no ON/OFF switch on the pinball). The Tilt trip relay drops.
    [quoted image]
    2 Push the credit button on the front door and simultaneously, I have :
    - The starting trip relay drops
    - one credit is subtracted to the credit unit
    - The score motor runs
    [quoted image]
    - The Lock relay is activated and stays activated.
    [quoted image]
    - The big 110 v coil resets the trip relay bank. All trip relays are in the "armed" position.
    - The reset coil of the 10.000 unit is activated and the 10.000 unit stepper resets to zero position. Then the step up coil of the 10.000 unit is activated and advances this stepper (one position up). The other one coil stepper in the backbox resets.
    [quoted image]
    - The ball gate coil is activated and and the 5 balls now available to play.

Thank you for this! My problems seem to start at the reset button. Nothing happens when I hit that. And all the coils lock on if I activate the start relay. Hopefully I can get that figured out and go from there.

6 months later
    #20 2 years ago
    Quoted from explosiveegg:

Just out of curiosity, have you been able to find a schematic for your game?
    I just picked up a United Summer Time, and it appears to be the same game with a different art package.

That is a beautiful game! It does look identical to my Paradise on layout. I do have schematics for it. Will happily trade you for some pics of your game as I cant get mine to start. PM me if you want the schematics

8 months later
    #22 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pmoore66:

1. The logic is if it blocks hitting a bumper or switch more, then it makes the game harder or more conservative. So for A, the closer to the side of the playfield (left hole in close up pic) is liberal, or easier. For B, its the opposite as closer to the side blocks the switch lane more. C Im not sure on, but would guess that the top hole is the hardest, center/outer is easiest and lowest hole in between. Could be wrong on that. D is the same as A, closer to the side being easier. E is the same as B, closer to the center being easier and giving more rubber to bounce to the saucers.

2. Not much you can do other than get it off and remove paint. With that done you can get a white paint pen and carefully repaint. Shouldn’t be too hard as the lettering is raised. Polish the cap with novis before painting. Or leave them be.

3. I have no idea. It’s possible it was a routers card. Would have to research more to find out on other games.

4. Unfortunately I cant offer any help with these coin slides.

5. These should all be bayonet style sockets as far as I know. I dont know of a game that used a screw in style bulb

11 months later
    #32 5 months ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

Gotta bump the club again. Hoping someone will get nerdy and talk United Pin start up sequences with me

I had this same problem and spent more than a year trying to figure it out. I never found the exact problem, but after dicking with it for more than a year, it is now working. I have a schematic for Paradise that I can send to you if you want. Looks the same. I will try to remember some of the things I did to stop the coils from locking on.

#34 5 months ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

Thanks for replying! So an update on that, I tracked it down to the contact pads not lining up properly after a rebuild. Game plays solid now!
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1948-united-monterrey-triage-thread-#post-7800534

Wow. I would have never found that issue. Good for you! Glad you got yours working. I still need to make wood rails and lockdown bar for mine. Would love to check yours out and your tmnt as well. My girlfriend’s parents live in Kent and we will be visiting for thanksgiving. Hope you find a tilt bob. I dont think I have an extra one

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SpyroFTW.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/united-owners-club-?tu=SpyroFTW and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.