By smohr

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

I have been chasing this for days and just not sure... I have a schematic, I do not have a service manual, but I do have a service manual for a "Chief" alley manufactured same time period and Im using that, very similar game. The 10-90 relay (relay on the right-green coil wrapper) is pulsing the correct number of times per strike (3)/spare (2) but the bell only rings once for either score. Switch #2 operates the bell. This happens in very frame except frame 5, that is my "Scores Double Frame". The bell rings correctly in frame 5 (4 times for a spare and 6 times for a strike). From watching the 2 videos (links below) it looks like switch #2 is not staying energized after the first ring. I am only saying that cause I am not seeing any arcing at the switch. Things I have checked are the 1-9 relay, Player Unit cleaned rivets, Score disc cleaned rivets.

Regular frame strike

Double Score frame strike

thanks
    Steve

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/united-cascade-shuffle-alley-bell-not-ringing-correct-number-of-times and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.