6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by drsfmd
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Frame_S.U (resized).jpg
    10th_Frame_Hack (resized).jpg
    #1 6 years ago

Hi, I have just purchased a United Cascade Shuffle Alley. After cleaning all score reels (6 players) the game works well. I really don't know the rule sets but what is happening is, when it's the 10th frame, it scores just like frames 1 thru 9, I only get 2 throws at the most. If I throw a strike in the 10th, it scores the points and that player is done. It does not let me throw a second time or third puck. Looks like there is a "hack" on the 10th frame S.U. Does anyone have a pic of the 10th frame S.U. for comparison. I'll post a pic in the morning of what I have

thanks
    Steve

#2 6 years ago

Here's a pic of the "Hack" on the 10th Frame S.U. If you look at the switch with 2 leads on bottom board (not sure what you call this), it's circled in RED. One lead (marked in Orange) goes to the coil lug the other lead (marked in Yellow) goes to what I think is the original wire that should go to the coil lug. Does anyone know what this might be or seen anything like this before

Thanks
    Steve

10th_Frame_Hack (resized).jpg10th_Frame_Hack (resized).jpg

#3 6 years ago

Ok, so I thought what the heck, I'll remove that "hack". Below is a link to a video of how the game functions on the 9th & 10th frames. I would have thought after the "Spare" in the 10th frame, I would have been allowed to throw 1 more time. Kinda seems like the actions of the 9th & 10th frames are swapped.

thanks
    Steve

#4 6 years ago

I have schematics for a couple of later united puck bowlers, but they didn't really change that much. Assuming yours uses similar logic to mine (and the other schematic I have which is virtually identical), you need to look at the frame controller stepper, the extra shots stepper, the strike/spare advance relay and the repeat strike relay.

#5 6 years ago

Thanks for the support. I checked the Frame stepper. Below is a pic of when the game is on and when Player 1 is ready to throw the first puck. From what this is telling me, that the stepper unit is mis-aligned. The RED (alignment) mark was already there. Im thinking I need to re-align the fingers. Any thoughts.

thanks
    Steve

Frame_S.U (resized).jpgFrame_S.U (resized).jpg

#6 6 years ago

Resolved - Thank you for the tip...

I re-aligned the bakelite and that was it, game now working 100%

Now I need to get this thing into the basement... ugh....

Steve

#7 6 years ago

Glad to be of assistance! I'm pleased that you have it figured out. The playfield on that machine looks to be in incredible condition-- take good care of it!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/united-cascade-shuffle-alley-10th-frame and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.