IMG_1396.jpg
IMG_1392.jpg
2015-08-27_13.16.05.jpg
2015-08-27_13.16.33.jpg
2015-08-27_13.15.19.jpg
2015-08-27_13.14.19.jpg
20150825_141615.jpg
Concorde.jpg
There are 307 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.
#251 8 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Looks like I will be joining the club here, but not near as bad as OP's pin. Two weeks ago I smoothed out a slight wrinkle on the front by coin door and now it is back ten fold, so I wonder would happen and what it would like if I let it set for a month or two months without attempting to smooth it out.

Have you contacted Stern? If so please keep us in the loop on how the customer service is and what is done to remedy this.

Quoted from cooked71:

What model is that? The kiss logo looks metallic?

Looks like an LE to me. The decals do have a bit of a metallic look to them. If put on right they look really good hope all this gets ironed out and is addressed by Stern in short order. Can't have $5000-$8000 pins rolling out like this. Just not right.

#252 8 years ago

Why is Stern regressing with the decals? My Hulk LE looked great and the metal leg protectors were a huge step forward for decals, but now they seem to be having more fundamental decal problems with the newer games. It is like an amateur is doing the install.

#253 8 years ago

I tried rolling out my decals on TF and it was a no go as well. Can't really get rid of them.

#254 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Have you contacted Stern? If so please keep us in the loop on how the customer service is and what is done to remedy this.

Looks like an LE to me. The decals do have a bit of a metallic look to them. If put on right they look really good hope all this gets ironed out and is addressed by Stern in short order. Can't have $5000-$8000 pins rolling out like this. Just not right.

Quoted from DCFAN:

Why is Stern regressing with the decals? My Hulk LE looked great and the metal leg protectors were a huge step forward for decals, but now they seem to be having more fundamental decal problems with the newer games. It is like an amateur is doing the install.

LE #151. I have a thread on the massive repair list I have had to make. My distributor is taking care of me and I will have a replacement in a week or two, will update once I have it. I mean, what if I or the OP is just an average guy who is buying their first pin and have no clue how to fix these KISSues? I try to help anyone with issues with their pins on here as much as I can because I myself need help at times, but some of these KISSues are beyond some peoples ability to fix.

#255 8 years ago

Could just be a bad batch of decals. Sucks for Stern but shit does happen.

Hope they have some spare cabs with good art to ship out.

#256 8 years ago

Can't imagine them leaving the factory like that.

#257 8 years ago

LE #151. I have a thread on the massive repair list I have had to make. My distributor is taking care of me and I will have a replacement in a week or two, will update once I have it. I mean, what if I or the OP is just an average guy who is buying their first pin and have no clue how to fix these KISSues? I try to help anyone with issues with their pins on here as much as I can because I myself need help at times, but some of these KISSues are beyond some peoples ability to fix.

Is your dist. getting you a new machine?

#258 8 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Is your dist. getting you a new machine?

No, then I would have to fix all the problems again on a new one. It is just the front side decal, the back box and cab sides are flawless. My distributor will have stern send me out a replacement one asap

#259 8 years ago

I keep wondering what the decals will look like on my Stern KISS armor. Looking at the video they posed of it on their facebook page, it looks like there is a wrinkle on the KISS Army logo on the lock down bar.

#260 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

I keep wondering what the decals will look like on my Stern KISS armor. Looking at the video they posed of it on their facebook page, it looks like there is a wrinkle on the KISS Army logo on the lock down bar.

I was mildly interested in Stern's armor until I found out the graphics were decals. Seriously??? For that kinda cash you'd think they'd be painted on. I can get the same results doing it myself on $100 armor. What a ripoff!

#261 8 years ago

I was mildly interested in Stern's armor until I found out the graphics were decals. Seriously??? For that kinda cash you'd think they'd be painted on. I can get the same results doing it myself on $100 armor. What a ripoff!

Is it really starting to feel like they're embracing making these things for home use, knowing nearly all of them are going to be pampered gameroom queens instead of commercial equipment?

#262 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Could just be a bad batch of decals. Sucks for Stern but shit does happen.
Hope they have some spare cabs with good art to ship out.

I was just at a distributor looking at KISS last week and the head decals were peeling off of WWE - something is definitely weird with their decals

#263 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I tried rolling out my decals on TF and it was a no go as well. Can't really get rid of them.

If any of this stuff happens to the 50 pins Simons bought and is selling for 12k I wonder what's gonna go down.

#264 8 years ago

I think Stern needs to release a statement about this. I don't usually subscribe to the hype but even if they release the dream theme for me I will be VERY hesitant to make a purchase.

#265 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

If any of this stuff happens to the 50 pins Simons bought and is selling for 12k I wonder what's gonna go down.

I dont' know if gene is all about quality control or not. As long as they are making money in his pocket, he considers it a success.

#266 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Ask this guy

Screenshot_2015-09-01-15-41-21.pngScreenshot_2015-09-01-15-41-21.png

#267 8 years ago

No, then I would have to fix all the problems again on a new one. It is just the front side decal, the back box and cab sides are flawless. My distributor will have stern send me out a replacement one asap

a replacement what... decals? so you get to put it on yourself?

#268 8 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

a replacement what... decals? so you get to put it on yourself?

Yes, I know this sucks, but quite honestly at this point I would not trust a Stern rep to do it, I apply decals all the time to arcades for all my custom builds and have no doubt that I will be able to apply it better than anyone at Stern, specially compared to what I have seen.

#269 8 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Ask this guy
Screenshot_2015-09-01-15-41-21.png

any dude who spells classics with a 'K' and has a curio cabinet filled with dolls is probably oblivious to the fact that it could get much, much better than "this". I see that him mom made bought him a new kiss t-shirt go along with the pinball machine just for the photo

#270 8 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

any dude who spells classics with a 'K' and has a curio cabinet filled with dolls is probably oblivious to the fact that it could get much, much better than "this". I see that him mom made bought him a new kiss t-shirt go along with the pinball machine just for the photo

Thanks for this - laughing out loud at work!

#271 8 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Ask this guy

Now we know who bought the only one sold so far.

#272 8 years ago

Both games I purchased from stern this year have need the head decals replaced. I sold my Metallica to a local op and just gave him the new head decals. I have the new decals for my WWELE but I am just slowly letting the originals completely peel themselves off, I'd love to be joking but the right side is curled up more than halfway at this point. No point in me trying to pull it off and I'm also just very worried that the new ones they sent me will do the exact same thing. Being that they only seemed to have made a few of the WWELE games I'm very worried that they won't be around for more replacements. I'm thinking of taking my new set of decals to a local shop and having them make me some good quality ones that actually stick to the game.

#273 8 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

Too Funny!!

#274 8 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I don't know or Kare if it gets better than that, but I guarantee it Kould have been cheaper.

#275 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

hope all this gets ironed out

I see what you did there....

#276 8 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

any dude who spells classics with a 'K'

That really is the name of the album that Stern harvested the 10 songs from.

Although in Japan it was known as Jigoku-Retsuden

KISS_Klassics.jpgKISS_Klassics.jpg

#277 8 years ago

imposters! those guys on that album cover don't look nearly as ripped as their playfield counterparts.

also, maybe they should have had the new "cat-man" stand on a box like the old cars poster (where the band was standing on different sized stacks of boxes to make them all the same height). he's looking a bit short

the-cars.jpgthe-cars.jpg

#278 8 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Ask this guy

Well that's one sold....only 49 more to go. Can't believe he payed 4k for a signed piece of paper.

#279 8 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

also, maybe they should have had the new "cat-man" stand on a box

Look at that badass farmers tan though. He must be hanging his arm out the El Camino window on the way to gigs!

#280 8 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

also, maybe they should have had the new "cat-man" stand on a box like the old cars poster (where the band was standing on different sized stacks of boxes to make them all the same height). he's looking a bit short

Same thing with Tom Cruise.

His co-stars have to wear flats, and he's standing on a box.

Tom-Cruise-looking-short.jpgTom-Cruise-looking-short.jpg

#281 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

That really is the name of the album that Stern harvested the 10 songs from.
Although in Japan it was known as Jigoku-Retsuden

KISS_Klassics.jpg

NO FREHLEY, NO CRISS. NO KISS.

#282 8 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

NO FREHLEY, NO CRISS. NO KISS.

Then no existing CLASSIC band exists because they have different members than they started with. Ace nor Peter sang so what difference at this point does it make? Yea Chris sang Beth which was lame and Ace did do a few and they were good but to say No Kiss is a bit much. I would say NO KISS because Paul's voice is gone and he can't sing for shit.

#283 8 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

so what difference at this point does it make?

True, but Hillary said the same thing and things have never been the same since.....lol

#284 8 years ago

Comparing this to the factory at my job. We have line leaders that keep an eye on things, and they have red bins to throw bad parts and assemblies into. Heck, entire assemblies might be set aside if there's an issue they didn't catch, and it'll be reworked after hours. I know our factory also has quotas of units built per line, and Stern may very well have something similar (but perhaps their workers aren't as willing to stay after hours to fix issues).

The fact that both sides had decal issues, the guy boxing it up should have caught it. Maybe Stern's work standards doesn't make it easy for them to call things like that out, or maybe there's tension between workers (packaging guy calls out the decal guy, decal guy gets mad because now he has to redo it). Maybe Stern needs to reward employees when they find defects from other work cells.

#285 8 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Ace nor Peter sang so what difference at this point does it make?

Peter sang KISS' highest charting single ever, so I'd say that would count for something.

Ace sang their 3rd highest charting single.

#286 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Comparing this to the factory at my job. We have line leaders that keep an eye on things, and they have red bins to throw bad parts and assemblies into. Heck, entire assemblies might be set aside if there's an issue they didn't catch, and it'll be reworked after hours. I know our factory also has quotas of units built per line, and Stern may very well have something similar (but perhaps their workers aren't as willing to stay after hours to fix issues).
The fact that both sides had decal issues, the guy boxing it up should have caught it. Maybe Stern's work standards doesn't make it easy for them to call things like that out, or maybe there's tension between workers (packaging guy calls out the decal guy, decal guy gets mad because now he has to redo it). Maybe Stern needs to reward employees when they find defects from other work cells.

Relying on your workers to stay late (I am assuming for free) as your QC seems more than a bit weak-sauce in terms of rewarding your employees for being diligent.

Stern's option of taking it out on their money supply (end customer) makes even less sense but come on. I think if I continue it might get "political"

#287 8 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Relying on your workers to stay late (I am assuming for free) as your QC seems more than a bit weak-sauce in terms of rewarding your employees for being diligent.

It's not usually the low level workers, it's the head line workers and managers (or some of the 2nd shift crew depending on how busy they are).. doesn't happen often, but when it does it's all hands on deck, that's what a good company does because it's cheaper in the long run, and when quality product goes out you gain a good reputation. Our service warranty is typically .9%.

#288 8 years ago

Haven't seen any problems with MMr decals. Are CGC doing their own cabinets?

#289 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Haven't seen any problems with MMr decals.

The MMr decals look to be different material.

#290 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Are CGC doing their own cabinets?

That's what Rick reported here earlier.

#291 8 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

That's what Rick reported here earlier.

Rick reported lots of things

I honestly have not reason to doubt this, I just remember lots of things being suggested that turned out different (not everything for the worse... just different).

It will be fortunate if one of the few in-house things that the original contractor is doing is actually of better quality than their sub-conractor (or sub-sub-contractor? I have no idea any more who is actually in charge of the procect...).

3 weeks later
#292 8 years ago

BOOM! Looks great installed, big thanks to JJ for getting things squared away for me

IMG_0942.jpgIMG_0942.jpg

#293 8 years ago

My kiss pro will be at the EPC this wekend in Belgium.
Gary Stern will be there also...
I can show him my bad decals

anyway, my new kiss pro is on his way to Belgium

#294 8 years ago

BOOM! Looks great installed, big thanks to JJ for getting things squared away for me

IMG_0942.jpg

How did you get the old decal off? Did you do any other surface prep before putting it on?

#295 8 years ago

How did you get the old decal off? Did you do any other surface prep before putting it on?

had to take coin door off, everything else stayed on. I used goof off wipes to get the sticky residue off. DO NOT use straight goof off as that stuff is abrasive and if it splatters on legs or lock down bar it will eat through your finish. after front side was smooth and dry I applied and coin door back on. Easy peezy.

#296 8 years ago

How long did it take you to get the decal from stern? I've been waiting for weeks.

#297 8 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

How long did it take you to get the decal from stern? I've been waiting for weeks.

Couple weeks, but if you call and bug them it may help

#298 8 years ago

Stern has the best Customer Service of any pinball company currently operating at their address. Don't worry. They'll make it right for you....

#299 8 years ago

had to take coin door off, everything else stayed on. I used goof off wipes to get the sticky residue off. DO NOT use straight goof off as that stuff is abrasive and if it splatters on legs or lock down bar it will eat through your finish. after front side was smooth and dry I applied and coin door back on. Easy peezy.

I think GOO GONE would be a lot safer to use...?

Rob

#300 8 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Stern has the best Customer Service of any pinball company currently operating at their address. Don't worry. They'll make it right for you....

well thats good to know... cause it seems their QC / QA has gone down the shitter.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 307 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unhappy-with-my-kiss-decals/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.