IMG_1396.jpg
IMG_1392.jpg
2015-08-27_13.16.05.jpg
2015-08-27_13.16.33.jpg
2015-08-27_13.15.19.jpg
2015-08-27_13.14.19.jpg
20150825_141615.jpg
Concorde.jpg
There are 307 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.
#101 8 years ago

Maybe the distributor didn't take his mark-up dollars on this machine and passed the savings through to the Op which is why Op has to do the all the leg work?

#102 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

don'tleavehomewithoutit.jpg

You tell 'em Karl.

#103 8 years ago

"There are zero issues with Magic Girl's decals."

- JPop

#104 8 years ago

I think that looks terrible and should be replaced at the manufacturers expense. However, if a larger percentage of machines have problems with the decals, how does the manufacturer handle it? How bad is too bad? Can they afford to send everyone who complains a new machine?

#105 8 years ago

I bet this thread has already cost Stern several sales and will continue to do so until they step up and make things right for the OP. Mistakes happen and we are not above forgiveness here on Pinside so long as the vendor makes it right.

For those who have experienced similar issues and/or decals peeling off, post your pictures here. Let's nip this sh*t in the butt here and now.

#106 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I bet this thread has already cost Stern several sales and will continue to do so until they step up and make things right for the OP. Mistakes happen and we are not above forgiveness here on Pinside so long as the vendor makes it right.
For those who have experienced similar issues and/or decals peeling off, post your pictures here. Let's nip this sh*t in the butt here and now.

C'mon, you're not new here... People will be stepping on each others dicks to get whatever they sell next. They were buying this game with code even Stern was too embarrassed to call 1.0

#107 8 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

C'mon, you're not new here... People will be stepping on each others dicks to get whatever they sell next. They were buying this game with code even Stern was too embarrassed to call 1.0

Well, it's cost them one here. I really wanted the IM VE and was going to buy NIB. The whole purpose of me buying NIB is not having to deal with crap. It's probably just safer to wait and buy HUO a few months from now and let someone else deal with an issue. This is Stern's 3rd release of the same game and theyve crushed the secondary market, so it's not an appreciation risk for me.

#108 8 years ago
Quoted from jchiu:

Well, it's cost them one here. I really wanted the IM VE and was going to buy NIB. The whole purpose of me buying NIB is not having to deal with crap. It's probably just safer to wait and buy HUO a few months from now and let someone else deal with an issue. This is Stern's 3rd release of the same game and theyve crushed the secondary market, so it's not an appreciation risk for me.

It's the best way to get the game you want in the condition you want. Most HUO Le's, Premium's or others are dialed-in and problems resolved by the owners. Yes, you miss the feeling of the NIB experience but gain the knowledge that the game is going to be as good as or better than NIB! I'm the proud owner of BSM and TRON LE-both from loving Pinside owners. Both exactly in the condition I expect from high-end Pins!!!

#109 8 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I agree. $9000 for a badly applied big sticker.
It maybe didn't used to matter in the operator market but in the luxury goods market, screened cabinets are what I would hope for.

Exactly. Stern is cranking out the games at their new factory and all of their recent quality issues and cost cutting shows why they can get them out the door so quickly. They need to do a complete 180 and get their sh*t together before enough people wise up and refuse to buy their games...I'm sure the rent and utility bills are not cheap at their new factory.

Cutting material costs, features and and allowing games to go out the door with issues is a quick way to lose customers and your business.

These NIB prices are out of control and for $5k-$8k+ pro's, premiums, and LE's should be leaving the factory without major issues.

#110 8 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

It's the best way to get the game you want in the condition you want. Most HUO Le's, Premium's or others are dialed-in and problems resolved by the owners. Yes, you miss the feeling of the NIB experience but gain the knowledge that the game is going to be as good as or better than NIB! I'm the proud owner of BSM and TRON LE-both from loving Pinside owners. Both exactly in the condition I expect from high-end Pins!!!

Couldn't agree more. I've had more issues with my NIB Sterns than my "used" pins. I've been saying this for awhile, and it's more true everyday...especially with cheaper parts being sourced from China.

#111 8 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

LOL. Hopefully not on my dick. I think you're mostly right, but this is definitely costing them some sales. You can't fix f'd up decals with a code update.

#112 8 years ago

I'll add a little ray of sunshine to this dreary thread, my first and only NIB game Mustang Pro was and still is perfect. I wish all NIB games were like that. Best of luck OP.

#113 8 years ago

My NIB TWD was also perfect. Nevertheless, this shouldn't have left the factory this way.

The relation with the distributor here in Belgium is very good. And is sure willing to cooperate. So no blame on him.
We understand he has no issue in this and on his part he will have to do the same. Contacting the same person at Stern.

Hopefully a proper proposal from Stern will be given.

#114 8 years ago

Mabey he should post a pic of his pin on their fb page ?

#115 8 years ago

Stern uses the wet method to apply their decals and these pictures show that the machines are slapped together without enough time to dry and properly adhere to the cabinet. I've watched the videos they post and they really soak the heck out of the decals and cabinets. They need to wait 24-48 hours for the decals to dry/adhere and also still exercise caution when tightening hardware down and not let them rotate on the decals after that. They also need to cut out all the bolt holes cleanly with an x-acto blade before cramming the bolts in the holes. This problem is preventable, unfortunately the customer is the only one who gets inconvenienced (screwed) in the deal.

#116 8 years ago
Quoted from rollinover:

Id throw some lollipop covers or custom hardware over it. best a luck.

and thats it? just accept that shoddy ass work? no frikin way, id be wanting some action. asap

i hate lollipop rails, unless its meant for the machine, and not to cover up wear/whatever....

#117 8 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

My NIB TWD was also perfect. Nevertheless, this shouldn't have left the factory this way.
The relation with the distributor here in Belgium is very good. And is sure willing to cooperate. So no blame on him.
We understand he has no issue in this and on his part he will have to do the same. Contacting the same person at Stern.
Hopefully a proper proposal from Stern will be given.

well we would like to keep updated on the OPs situation please.

and what resolve is in place.

#118 8 years ago

This is the same old thing, doesn't matter if it's cost cutting, shoddy workmanship, or code. There are issues with all, tons of threads, next game comes along and everyone starts buying, and then acts shocked at what they get.

I can recall typing this even 2-3 years ago, but there is more than enough info out there, ample info, to suggest you were an informed buyer of Stern prior to this. It's not right, but everyone still keeps signing up. They are making more games, and have a massive new factory. Does anyone really think this is going to change? No, it's going to get worse, and you are going to keep buying.

#119 8 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

well we would like to keep updated on the OPs situation please.

still no reaction from Stern...

#120 8 years ago

Do Stern pins not have the usual metal protector by the flipper buttons? Just looking at the pics and I thought the side rails have flaps to protect that area. I know pins 20 years ago did, the decal around the flipper button is going to get trashed pretty quickly.

#121 8 years ago

Larger factory means new employees hopefully low quality is short lived.

#122 8 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Did you also talk to your distributor?

#123 8 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

Larger factory means new employees hopefully low quality is short lived.

WOW, if people enabled their kids like you guys enable Stern to put out shit... oh wait, a lot of people do.

#124 8 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

Wait, you are saying pinsider's wangs hang to the floor? No wonder why there is so much measuring around here

Here's my thought process. Would I rather have a new set of decals and , let's say, a $500 refund or would I rather send the game back. I've done a couple of decal jobs now and there is no way I'd do that for free. OP, don't let this slide with just a replacement set of decals.

#125 8 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Do Stern pins not have the usual metal protector by the flipper buttons? Just looking at the pics and I thought the side rails have flaps to protect that area. I know pins 20 years ago did, the decal around the flipper button is going to get trashed pretty quickly.

I think some of the LE's and Premiums do. Definitely not all games, I put mylar protectors on that area of my 2 Pro's.

#126 8 years ago

SEND THE GAME BACK... horrible workmanship and QC....... oh goodie... get some new decals.. now you have to install them... what a joke!

#127 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

For $9,000 LEs the games should have real silkscreened cabs.
Decals are garbage.

Actually the foil decals on the LE are pretty impressive IMHO

#128 8 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

WOW, if people enabled their kids like you guys enable Stern to put out shit... oh wait, a lot of people do.

At least in this thread you do not see people attacking JJP.If this was a JJP thread half of what you see is Stern attack comments to justify there own failures

#129 8 years ago
Quoted from pinnaf:

SEND THE GAME BACK... horrible workmanship and QC....... oh goodie... get some new decals.. now you have to install them... what a joke!

exactly.
not horrible QC, NONE AT ALL ? dont they do a final inspection of the cab?
get them to send another one.

#130 8 years ago

This is a terrible situation for everyone. How much would it cost Stern to ship a new cabinet? That option sucks for Stern. so maybe they send the distributor new decals to install. So they have to go pick up the machine (owner is now out his game) and does the removal and re-decal job. Or do they have to outsource the job to make sure it's done right and not botched again? Then how long for the decals to 'cure' before reinstalling hardware?

The good news is that eventually it should be taken care of and only a memory...until the next wrinkled game shows up at somebody's door.

#131 8 years ago

So OP, what has Stern said they would do?

#132 8 years ago

#133 8 years ago

Have you talked to your distributor? That's who you should be going through.

#134 8 years ago

I hate to say this, but if you paid with a Credit Card.....you have some help.
Best wishes for the right solution.

#135 8 years ago

My distributor told me to mail Patrick Powers...

#136 8 years ago

My distributor told me to mail Patrick Powers...

Wow talk about great customer service..... The distributor should be contacting Stern directly and making arrangements for you.

Distributor should receive new decals and install them for you. Stern should pay distributor for his time taken to fix the problem.

#137 8 years ago

Stern should give him a new game and pick that POS up.

#138 8 years ago

Maybe if Stern paid their line workers more, they would take more pride in their work?

#139 8 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Wow talk about great customer service..... The distributor should be contacting Stern directly and making arrangements for you.
Distributor should receive new decals and install them for you. Stern should pay distributor for his time taken to fix the problem.

Agreed. To the OP, I would suggest telling your distributor to get their crap together. Reasons being:
- You bought this machine from your distributor not Stern. The distributor got your cash.

- Stern probably has no record of who you are (they sold to the distributor, not you), so cannot even verify that you own the machine. For all they know you are submitting pics found on the internet to get free decals.

- A yelling distributor gets more attention from Stern than a yelling end user. Rather than starting at Patrick, who is in technical support (this is not a technical support issue imo), the distrib can yell at their sales rep or the sales manager at Stern, so you start higher up the chain.

If you keep getting the runaround from your distrib, you have three choices I think.

a) Do as others have suggested, try to smooth out the wrinkles/areas yourself. Given the number of problem areas and how bad the wrinkles are not sure how well this would work out.

b) Just live with it. Not sure I could given the problem and how much these machines cost.

c) Take the machine back to the distributor and demand your money back or a replacement machine. Might not be feasible if they are not close by. If they refuse, you can always leave the machine there and start proceedings through your credit card company or whoever.

#140 8 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Maybe if Stern paid their line workers more, they would take more pride in their work?

Perhaps a "Pride LE" version with white glove assembly service is in order?

#141 8 years ago

I usually don't bash Stern and I will continue not to, however that side art looks awful and I would be pissed if I got a game looking like that. Someone messed up putting the hardware in and another messed up not actually looking at the side art before boxing. Easy find for anyone....just run your hand over it and you can easily feel the wrinkles. I wouldn't ask for a new machine (PITA) but I would ask for $$ off and some free side rails (and I'd try to get a translite out of it too for wall hanging).

We can complain all we want about the code and its more of us just bitching, but this is 100% unacceptable to have on a shipped game. Sorry to see this and I hope it all works out for you in the end

#142 8 years ago

I am also having problems with star trek pro the back box decals peeling off I started a on line warranty clam to stern still waiting hear back from stern it been weeks the game was a NIB in march im wanting a walking dead but im in no hurry at this point

#143 8 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

This is a terrible argument. You could pay them $100,000 a year and it wouldn't matter. The people aren't broken, it's the processes.

One of the things you try to eliminate when you practice lean manufacturing is waste from defective products. The process CAN be fixed.

#144 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

This is a terrible argument. You could pay them $100,000 a year and it wouldn't matter. The people aren't broken, it's the processes.
One of the things you try to eliminate when you practice lean manufacturing is waste from defective products. The process CAN be fixed.

There's a program called Six Sigma, and it's a program developed to reduce defects in the manufacturing industry. It's expensive to implement because of all the training required though, so that will likely shy a lot of companies away from adopting it.

#145 8 years ago

That does it. I'm calling Chuck Norris!

#146 8 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

There's a program called Six Sigma, and it's a program developed to reduce defects in the manufacturing industry. It's expensive to implement because of all the training required though, so that will likely shy a lot of companies away from adopting it.

Yeah, that's what I was referencing. We practice six sigma and lean at the company I work at, and we are a software company. It's an amazing system.

#147 8 years ago

No excuse for the decals to look like they are. Hope your distributor & Stern fixes the situation for you.

#148 8 years ago

For the price Stern soaks customers for NIB pinball machines, there should be NO cabinet decals at all. The graphics should be silkscreened.

Rusted bolts and crappy decals? Take a close look under the playfield, because there will be more issues lurking with that level of quality assurance testing.

#149 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I'll add a little ray of sunshine to this dreary thread, my first and only NIB game Mustang Pro was and still is perfect. I wish all NIB games were like that. Best of luck OP.

Might be perfect, besides the fact it is Mustang..

#150 8 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Oh brother, here we go again....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

There are 307 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unhappy-with-my-kiss-decals/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.