IMG_1396.jpg
IMG_1392.jpg
2015-08-27_13.16.05.jpg
2015-08-27_13.16.33.jpg
2015-08-27_13.15.19.jpg
2015-08-27_13.14.19.jpg
20150825_141615.jpg
Concorde.jpg
There are 307 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
#1 8 years ago

I bought it NIB
I am a bit unhappy with the decals
What can I do with this???

20150815_211156.jpg20150815_211156.jpg

20150815_211205.jpg20150815_211205.jpg

20150815_211214.jpg20150815_211214.jpg

20150815_211232.jpg20150815_211232.jpg

#2 8 years ago

What you can do is to contact Stern first rather than creating a thread on Pinside.

#3 8 years ago

Oh crud. Your distributor can probably get you some mew ones from Stern, but you'd have to install them yourself, which isn't a great solution. I'd either try to send it back or try to score some upgraded armor with lollipop side rails to at lease cover the affected button area.

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from hool10:

What you can do is to contact Stern first rather than creating a thread on Pinside.

I think that creating a thread is exactly the right thing to do. That's what pinside is for. The OP wasn't complaining or bashing stern. He simply wanted to know what to do.

Hey OP maybe it's a hidden message that you should get some of that badass custom armor?

#5 8 years ago

that is horrible, never seen em that bad from Stern....Contact your dist. and they will make it right for you.

#6 8 years ago

I did not know that I can get a new set of decals. (maybe)
I will mail stern and ask them if they have a solution for this.

All my other sterns have perfect decals.

#7 8 years ago

With NIB the price they are, that finish is truly awful. I would send the whole game back.

#8 8 years ago

Posting on pinside allows these issues to be transparent to us customers

#9 8 years ago

Bolts even look rusted?

#10 8 years ago

send it back, Stern are charging top money now, they can do the job right.

#11 8 years ago

That's the exclusive assembled Friday afternoon model.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

With NIB the price they are, that finish is truly awful. I would send the whole game back.

I agree, for the amount of $ you paid I wouldn't expect anything less than perfect on those decals. That's just plain sloppy installation and very poor QC. That shouldn't have even been boxed.

#13 8 years ago

Don't worry. If they are as well installed as the ones on Wrestle Mania, they will be falling off in a few more weeks anyway.

#14 8 years ago

I've bought two NIB games from stern this year Metallica Pro and WWE LE, the head decals on both games have severely peeled off. It has really annoyed me. Yes stern is providing me with new decals but the point is they shouldn't have to.

#15 8 years ago

I'm usually on the side of "these are commercial machines made for a commercial environment, there will be some small cosmetic issues" but this is a truly awful and amateurish decal job. Shocked that it got through QC.

The distro should take it back, apply new decals from Stern, and either give it back to you or sell it and give you a new one.

Are there more of these issues coming up now than in the past? Hopefully Stern doubling the line doesn't mean they're hiring extra workers and not training them properly.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

Are there more of these issues coming up now than in the past? Hopefully Stern doubling the line doesn't mean they're hiring extra workers and not training them properly.

I'd say Stern needs to seriously check their quality control department. I had several issues with my recent NIB KISS Premium (defective side rails, bad mylar job, several switches that needed adjusted to actuate). A call to Stern tech support got my issues resolved, but still. The quality control department looks to be letting a lot of shoddy shit get shipped to customers.

um yeah.jpgum yeah.jpg

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from frogman70:

Bolts even look rusted?

Totally normal and will wipe off with a damp rag.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

I think that creating a thread is exactly the right thing to do. That's what pinside is for. The OP wasn't complaining or bashing stern. He simply wanted to know what to do.
Hey OP maybe it's a hidden message that you should get some of that badass custom armor?

Quoted from ZenTron:

Posting on pinside allows these issues to be transparent to us customers

Yeah it sucks that we are seeing games like this. However you should notify your supplier first and they will work with you on the issue. This goes for JJP as well. Pinside isn't your Yelp review where you bash the company.

#19 8 years ago

Oh, and just to be clear on my comment about the excuse to get the custom armor...that was said as a joke. Those decals are not at all acceptable. Go back to your dealer first to see if they can do anything for you. In reality, most dealers can't do much as far as exchanging the entire machine once you've received it and unboxed it, but you never know.

You should definitely be able to get a new set of decals out of stern, but I'm not sure what else. In reality it would be great if they would swap everything, but I just haven't heard of that happening.

But first = dealer. Second = stern.

#20 8 years ago

Could shipping have caused this? Inexcusable.

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Oh, and just to be clear on my comment about the excuse to get the custom armor...that was said as a joke. Those decals are not at all acceptable. Go back to your dealer first to see if they can do anything for you. In reality, most dealers can't do much as far as exchanging the entire machine once you've received it and unboxed it, but you never know.
You should definitely be able to get a new set of decals out of stern, but I'm not sure what else. In reality it would be great if they would swap everything, but I just haven't heard of that happening.
But first = dealer. Second = stern.

I agree with going dealer/distributor first.

Rob

#22 8 years ago

If it can be covered with armor, I'd probably just buy the armor and call it done. Maybe ask for a discount on the armor.

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

High humidity!

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Most likely it was just game was assembled before the decal was given enough time to dry/cure... no way shipping does it. The sad thing is someone let it slide by... that's the part people should be critical of. The assembler obviously saw it, and the QA inspection was either skipped, or let it slide.

#25 8 years ago

Kinda sucks - no excuse really.

Here is who u can blame though......

https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/videos/10153316475089244/

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

It's definitely possible that shipping a game without fully "set" decals could happen, but I don't think that's the case here. If you look, the wrinkles are all "stressed" from fasteners being installed. If it was just bubbling in the middle of the cabinet that's a prep issue or a decal issue. These look like the cabinet was populated too quickly post-decal. It almost looks like they used a excess of rapid-tak (or whatever they use) which left the decals a bit slippers on the cab. They ran in the fasteners and the decals slipped a bit. I'm pretty sure it left the factory like that.

#27 8 years ago

Stern QC since changing factories

homer-asleep-on-job.jpghomer-asleep-on-job.jpg

#28 8 years ago

I would say unacceptable.

#29 8 years ago

No excuse IMO. That should have never left the factory looking like that. That is guaranteed to have been seen along the production line and simply moved along. So Stern keeps pushing the games out like clockwork and we're buying. It's not 1995. A heck of a percentage of these machines are going to home use and Stern knows this.

#30 8 years ago

I would demand they replace the machine, no way you should have to deal with new decals yourself, even if they supply them.

#31 8 years ago

That is seriously bad form on Sterns part. Shows they just wanna get em out the door and get paid. No craftsmanship at all. For the price the are gouging their customers, buyers should demand quality. It will only get worse.

#32 8 years ago

A new set of Decals to an average person isn't much of a solution. They are a bitch to install correctly! Heck that's all they do at Stern and even they appear to be struggling to put them on right.

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

A new set of Decals to an average person isn't much of a solution. They are a bitch to install correctly! Heck that's all they do at Stern and even they appear to be struggling to put them on right.

Gotta agree here. I'd be lost with a set of a new decals....I'd just stand there and stare at them

Get that issue taken care of ASAP. I wouldn't be happy at all if that was my NIB KISS.

#34 8 years ago

This makes me really nervous to buy any future titles from Stern.

#35 8 years ago

This would be acceptable to me:

-Stern sends Distributor decals
-Distributor picks up game and drops off at sign/vinyl shop who can do work
-Distributor picks up and delivers game back to owner

Owner is without game a week and it costs Stern ~$500

#36 8 years ago

<blockquote cite="#2621289"
-Distributor picks up game and drops off at sign/vinyl shop who can do work

There's not a sign/vinyl shop within 200 miles of me that would know what a pinball decal is....

#37 8 years ago

I guess im spoiled with HEP down the road..

#38 8 years ago

Crap.

#39 8 years ago

I recently unpacked and set up a few new Sterns, all different titles. I can't recall whether it was Kiss or Wrestle Mania, but one of them had head decals that would not stay on fully.

#40 8 years ago

Its ok, at least stern is making pins. Whats next?

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from hool10:

Pinside isn't your Yelp review where you bash the company.

Why not? This is a public forum not a safe place for manufacturers. People need to see this so they can be aware. Posts like this will also hopefully get everyone better QA/QC and a better product.

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Its ok, at least stern is making pins. Whats next?

prettyprettyprettygood.gifprettyprettyprettygood.gif

#43 8 years ago

Prefer screened cabs. Decals suck.

#44 8 years ago

I can install the decals for you ... Have Mr Stern book me a flight, I prefer a window seat.

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from hool10:

Yeah it sucks that we are seeing games like this. However you should notify your supplier first and they will work with you on the issue. This goes for JJP as well. Pinside isn't your Yelp review where you bash the company.

He didn't bash anything...he asked for advice

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

I recently unpacked and set up a few new Sterns, all different titles. I can't recall whether it was Kiss or Wrestle Mania, but one of them had head decals that would not stay on fully.

I recently saw the same head decal peeling on a WWE LE. There's no excuse for these issues to be happening when the games are costing $5k-$8k.

There seems to be more quality control issues coming out of Stern in the past 6 months then ever before. Personally I think we are seeing the downside to Stern rushing games out the door and an overall cost cutting mindset from their management to result in more profit.

Customers should demand more quality control and features at these prices. Stern is literally trying to squeeze every dime slowly out us. Less quality control, the back box redesign, moving the power button location, no longer offering true mirrored backglasss on LE's, less features in some games, and the Spike system are all examples of things to lower costs and increase profits. Are prices going down as a result of these changes? Absolutely not, they have gone up and that makes the problem even worse.

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I recently saw the same head decal peeling on a WWE LE. There's no excuse for these issues to be happening when the games are costing $5k-$8k.
There seems to be more quality control issues coming out of Stern in the past 6 months then ever before. Personally I think we are seeing the downside to Stern rushing games out the door and an overall cost cutting mindset from their management to result in more profit.
Customers should demand more quality control and features at these prices. Stern is literally trying to squeeze every dime slowly out us. Less quality control, the back box redesign, moving the power button location, no longer offering true mirrored backglasss on LE's, less features in some games, and the Spike system are all examples of things to lower costs and increase profits. Are prices going down as a result of these changes? Absolutely not, they have gone up and that makes the problem even worse.

Sucks, but people keep happily paying premium $$$ for games sight unseen. We're "lucky" Stern has not wised up to JJP's model and started taking in the $$$ years in advance...

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Sucks, but people keep happily paying premium $$$ for games sight unseen. We're "lucky" Stern has not wised up to JJP's model and started taking in the $$$ years in advance...

I was leaning toward buying the NIB IM VE but now thinking HUO may be a better bet- at least you can examine and test it. Even if it affects only 1% of machines, why does anyone have to deal with this when buying new.

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from jchiu:

I was leaning toward buying the NIB IM VE but now thinking HUO may be a better bet- at least you can examine and test it. Even if it affects only 1% of machines, why does anyone have to deal with this when buying new.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

#50 8 years ago

I would send the whole game back.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 307 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unhappy-with-my-kiss-decals and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.