(Topic ID: 251237)

Unfair advantages of other cities vs more remote leagues for points.

By TechnicalSteam

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by plankalkul
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    ricflair (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TreyBo69.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

So people with Wealth and Entitlement - Get the Advantage.
    Soon we will need sponsorships just to get a shot at playing in top 100.
    Let's say there is a way to buy points through Charitable giving. I've heard of said loophole from others. You can rack up points simply by buying these tickets rinse and repeat.

Yeah, all competitive sports eventually hit a paywall where you have to be able to afford to take time off and travel to major competitions. Even high level video game competitions have this, and most of them could be played at home. Many of the elite players are sponsored because they regularly have to travel the world for major competitions.

I don't know what you mean by charitable giving to game the system (I think you might be confused about how HERB style qualification works? Or maybe you mean creating fraudulent tournaments with fake players?)

Sure you can enter a bunch of tournaments and get a token amount of points, but they don't matter. Only your best 20 events count towards your ranking, and they decline in value over years.

The simple fact is, if you want to be high in the rankings you have to show up and do well in the handful of major pinball tournaments.

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

This is happening a lot. People Capping events in specific region. They invite 40x players with x amount of points. Then advertise it publically after they already capped out. Now these 40x players have a unfair advantage over folks outside of this specific region. This capped event didn't include folks from other cities or only select people. Now this eleet group of 40x players has a advantage over everyone else in region.
    Or the tried and true small group of preplay cheets that exist in most every league. I've seen this happen more times than I can count. Usually same people or groups of people that either just write down a score close to the season high average. Or plunk in multiple quarters until they score high enough and write that down. If no one monitors preplays whats the point. With that logic I ought to be able to preplay tournament or events.

Tournaments have players capped for practical reasons. You can only do a tournament in a reasonable amount of time based on having X amount of machines.

Leagues aren't worth much points in general, so no one really cares about that low level cheating.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TreyBo69.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unfair-advantages-of-other-cities-vs-more-remote-leagues-for-points?tu=TreyBo69 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.