understanding no fear initialization

By Shenanigander

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

just picked up a no fear. when you turn on the game it initializes and appears as thought it tries to fire a ball behind the drop target into the lock. it rarely successfully does this. what adjustments do i need to do here. i also have a new coil plunger tip thing coming and will install that and see if that helps.

also would this explain why sometimes my 3 ball multiball has only 2 balls occasionally?

#2 8 years ago

had similar issues, found plenty on info here in the search, bending the metal ball guide was a big help,

some info, there is more around

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playing-no-fear-after-acdc#post-1313119

#3 8 years ago

In adjustments menu there is a setting to have the game stage a ball at startup in the Vuk. this reduces the time it takes for a ball to return in play to the right flipper via the right inland and habitrail. This setting can be turned on or off. Regardless, your ball auto launcher should be firing the ball into that skydive hole when you launch a ball into play. If not doing this consistently, then something is amiss and needs adjustment. There are some NF discussion threads that cover ball shooter adjustments if you do a search.

#4 8 years ago

Is it not making it due to lack of speed or lack of aim?

If it is lack of speed, I doubt it's the tip. I would start with a new coil sleeve and making sure the assembly is not loose.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

had similar issues, found plenty on info here in the search, bending the metal ball guide was a big help,

sweet will check that out!

Quoted from Chet:

In adjustments menu there is a setting to have the game stage a ball at startup in the Vuk. this reduces the time it takes for a ball to return in play to the right flipper via the right inland and habitrail. This setting can be turned on or off. Regardless, your ball auto launcher should be firing the ball into that skydive hole when you launch a ball into play. If not doing this consistently, then something is amiss and needs adjustment. There are some NF discussion threads that cover ball shooter adjustments if you do a search.

good to know thanks! does everyone recommend this? or just solve the problem rather than use the work around?

Quoted from nosro:

Is it not making it due to lack of speed or lack of aim?
If it is lack of speed, I doubt it's the tip. I would start with a new coil sleeve and making sure the assembly is not loose.

it is lack of aim. but sometimes left and sometimes right if i remember correctly. i will have to take better look.

#6 8 years ago

well i took off the metal ball guide and bent it. works perfectly so far. found a cool way to test it too.

set machine to "clear balls" and close coin door and watch the metal guide in action. see video

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Hmm, I need to do this. Mine is about 4 out of 5 now, but I was concentrating more on the metal guide where it goes into the skydiver, never figured this would help, but it makes sense.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Hmm, I need to do this. Mine is about 4 out of 5 now, but I was concentrating more on the metal guide where it goes into the skydiver, never figured this would help, but it makes sense.

for sure. was a 10 min fix and now works perfectly! BUT why am i still only getting 2 balls for multiball? is it not a 3 ball multi?

#10 8 years ago

Also this adjustment could be easily missed, Check the apron shooter metal cover, pay attention to the metal ball rest, Ball could be sitting to far forward or backward or may need side adjustment tweek, Auto fire coil assembly needs to be inspected, cleaned/checked & new sleeve, check plunger/rod tip is ok

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Also this adjustment could be easily missed, Check the apron shooter metal cover, pay attention to the metal ball rest, Ball could be sitting to far forward or backward or may need side adjustment tweek, Auto fire coil assembly needs to be inspected, cleaned/checked & new sleeve, check plunger/rod tip is ok

good call. have a new coil sleeve coming and a new shooter plunger tip coming too

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Livonia, MI
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 59.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Machine - For Sale
Cumming, GA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/understanding-no-fear-initialization and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.