(Topic ID: 107595)

Understanding logic probe results

By jimy_speedt

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

probe 1.JPG
    probe 7.JPG
    probe 6.JPG
    probe 4.JPG
    probe 5.JPG
    probe 3.JPG
    probe 2.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rancegt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 9 years ago

As an aside, the Mem/Pulse switch on your probe represents "memory" and pulse. In Mem mode, a single pulse will cause the pulse LED to light and stay on. In Pulse mode, the pulse LED should flash for every logic transition leading edge.

As an example of use, if you wanted to know whether a switch activates intermittently while playing a game, you might use the "Mem" mode. If you're looking for a steady strobe or a clock, you would use the "Pulse" mode.

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from jimy_speedt:

Rancegt. Thank you for the input. In my case I see no difference whatever the setting

That makes me worry a little about your probe. In "Mem" mode, the pulse light should lock on almost every time you touch a circuit, regardless of the voltage.

#25 9 years ago

Let's straighten out your logic here:

In
    9 - 0,54
    10 - 4,50
    Out
    8 - 0,71 Vdc

In
    12 - 0,54
    13 - 4,50
    Out
    11 - 0,32 Vdc

In
    1 - 0,54 Vdc
    2 - 4,50
    Out
    3 - 0,32

These are all AND gates, which means input one high AND input two high will create a high out. All other conditions will read low. All of these gates are reading as I would expect.

It seems as if the edge detection circuit in your logic probe is not working. I would suggest either have someone with more experience check it and see what they think, or replace it.

As for your problem, you may want to start a new thread with a "System 11 Lamp Matrix" title, and work through the problem that way.

#27 9 years ago

That's a good starting point. The experienced System 11 guys will jump in and walk you through the steps for troubleshooting. In this thread you have a couple of guys who are comfortable with logic probes, but neither of us have a lot of System 11 experience.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rancegt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/understanding-logic-probe-results?tu=rancegt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.