Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by DNO
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I have had a LW3 for about two months. Game plays well and it’s been fun so far. Up until recently, the left ramp always awarded an extra ball on the 3rd shot up that ramp. Now it doesn’t.

I assume it is something in the adjustments menu but I don’t know what combination of settings are needed to keep it always at extra ball on 3rd ramp. It sometimes comes on the 5th. Sometimes not at all.

I think most settings are back to the factory restore settings. I mostly had it on coins needed but put it back to free play the other day. Maybe that’s why? But going back to coins didn’t bring the extra ball award back.

I can see a number of settings that might affect this. Related to replay boost, limits on free games or extra balls, extra ball percentage, replay percentage, fixed versus manual, etc., etc. I’m doing lots of guessing when I thought it might be more apparent than it is.

I liked knowing extra ball was coming on the 3rd ramp shot because it was a great way to start a new game. Ramp, ramp, ramp, saucer 1, and away you go.

#2 3 years ago

I think this would be "extra ball percentage". You're doing too good, so it made the EB harder. Try setting that at max

#3 3 years ago

I think you're right... scores are too high. Which ain't a bad thing I also jacked-up the replay value so won't get it as often. I think that will factor in after a bunch of games.

I'd been interested in knowing if these guys reprogramming the ROM's can see what the calculations are for this kind of thing. It has to be an actual formula, right?

#4 3 years ago

Left ramp? Isn't there only one ramp?

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from KYLEDM5:

Left ramp? Isn't there only one ramp?

Yes, and it's on the left

#6 3 years ago

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

I'd been interested in knowing if these guys reprogramming the ROM's can see what the calculations are for this kind of thing. It has to be an actual formula, right?

I’m no programmer, but if you set EB percentage to say, 20%. The game goes for X amount of games, then if the percentage is too high, it makes you hit more ramps.
It percentage is too low, it drops the required ramps.
There could also be some logic if EB percentage is over X percent too high, raise ramps by 2, instead of just one more.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Hilton, NY
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,481 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, NE

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/understanding-left-ramp-awards-logic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.