• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Help (resized).jpg
Help (resized).png
Help (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chrisbee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Having a little trouble with my CE3k (SS version).

Issue the Roto target, fires but does not release. The plunger is magnetically stuck, until power is turned off

The Roto target coil is fired by the under PF transistor (2N5875 PNP). This transistor is connected to the Lamp/Solenoid driver board. And the Lamp/Solenoid driver board is controlled by a Ni-Wumpf CPU board.

I have had this Machine for 5 years and this is a new issue.

What I think is happening the under PF transistor is not shutting off completely after firing the roto target coil. I can manually pull the plunger down, but the return spring can’t after coil firing. If I turn off the power to the machine, then the return spring pulls the plunger down and locks the Roto target in position.
So far I have tried adding more power to the spring by way of a 2nd spring, no change. I have also tried a clamping (Pull Up) 5KΩ resistor from Base to Emitter, no change.

I guess I’m asking if it is a problem with the under PF transistor or an issue on the driver board. Best way to determine this and best fix.

Note - when I 1st start the machine from "COLD", the issue doesn't happen for the 1st ball or so.
Help (resized).jpgHelp (resized).jpgHelp (resized).pngHelp (resized).png

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

A resistor should be between base and emitter to turn the transistor off. Base to collector will turn it on.

Thank, I did try both base to emitter and base to collector. Must have got it wrong which did what, ether way it did not fix my issue. I will edit my OP, Thanks.

#5 5 years ago

You are right on the money, just replaced the transistor in the red ring (Picture Below), looks like I'm not the 1st to do a repair here.
Anyway replaced with a TIP102, CE3K is running again.
Help (resized).jpgHelp (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7.50
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chrisbee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/under-pf-transistor-ce3k-magnetically-stuck-roto-target?tu=Chrisbee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.