(Topic ID: 19832)

Under-Cabinet Lighting: Now that's a cool mod!!!

By Goonie

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by blondetall
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

JP_green_light.jpg
    JP_red_light.jpg
    009_(1024x768).jpg
    DSC_0492.JPG
    DSC_0493.JPG
    DSC_0491.JPG
    #1 11 years ago

Took a trip over to the Laseriffic headquarters this week for a custom topper design and general pinball fun. Can't say enough about the quality of the man and the product. You 'da man Joe!!!!

As we messed around, Joe provided me with a set of under-cabinet lighting for my WMS-Star Trek. Got them installed, and WOW, what an effect. I think I found my new addiction. The cool thing is, they're color changing and work off the same type of controller as his toppers, so only one remote.

What do you think? Give a shout out to Laseriffic if you're interested. Based on my conversation, there may be room for a few more of these.

Aaron

DSC_0491.JPGDSC_0491.JPG DSC_0493.JPGDSC_0493.JPG DSC_0492.JPGDSC_0492.JPG

#2 11 years ago

Hey that turned out nice. I think purple is your color..

Joe

#3 11 years ago

What are the prices on them?

#4 11 years ago

I like the toppers but wondering why the under cabinet lighting is so cool? Not sure I am in on that.... Maybe it would be nice to add to a game or two for extra lighting in the room when the main lights are off?

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from marksf123:

I like the toppers but wondering why the under cabinet lighting is so cool? Not sure I am in on that.... Maybe it would be nice to add to a game or two for extra lighting in the room when the main lights are off?

They do look cool with the room lights down - IMO. Especially when all the other machines are on. I'm finding some colors are better than others. And, with the remote you can dim them - so not as intense. This is all the way up.

#6 11 years ago

Ooh, pretty. I like it, and would be interested in the undercabinet and also to see if there's a cool JP topper available.

#7 11 years ago

Never been a fan of under lighting but if people like it more power to them! LED strips aren't that hard to find these days.

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from marksf123:

They are good to have when you use tokens in your games at home and drop one on the dark floor I put some cab lights under one of mine just to give the room a nice glow

Chris (in NH)

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

They are good to have when you use tokens in your games at home and drop one on the dark floor I put some cab lights under one of mine just to give the room a nice glow
    Chris (in NH)

Yeah. My wife loves it, but did say I was going to have to clean under there more often because you can see everthing now. :> It's funny how some colors really look cool and some look just blah. Saw a set in red at a friends house and loved it. Kind of what gave me the idea. Nice that you can switch easily.

#10 11 years ago

I put some I found cheap at Ikea on my Tron on location. Actually looks pretty good, and helps the ping pong players find the balls when they go under my machines.

009_(1024x768).jpg009_(1024x768).jpg

#11 11 years ago

You can find these on ebay pretty cheap. Come from Honk Kong.

#12 11 years ago

I made a little trip to Lowes today and got a set that has 4 LED strip bars with attached remote so you can do individual colors, rotating colors, or have it change colors to music. I've got 3 bars under JP and one on the back near the top, so it glows around the topper. The "change to music" setting defaults to red then glows other colors when the machine makes sounds, so that is my favorite. Green looks good too. Looks pretty cool to me, and there's always the OFF switch if I get tired of it.

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

I made a little trip to Lowes today and got a set that has 4 LED strip bars with attached remote so you can do individual colors, rotating colors, or have it change colors to music. I've got 3 bars under JP and one on the back near the top, so it glows around the topper. The "change to music" setting defaults to red then glows other colors when the machine makes sounds, so that is my favorite. Green looks good too. Looks pretty cool to me, and there's always the OFF switch if I get tired of it.

PIC's?????

#14 11 years ago

Here you go.

JP_red_light.jpgJP_red_light.jpg JP_green_light.jpgJP_green_light.jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/under-cabinet-lighting-now-thats-a-cool-mod-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.